Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 13, 2010 9:04 PM

Jun 2010
Pretty good, enjoyed the short moment between Pride and Ed, Pride was always my most favorite homunculus, funny how the sin Pride is the one not to die.
Jun 13, 2010 9:04 PM
Mar 2010
This was great as a standalone ep, but kind of dissapointing compared to the manga. They didn't only rush most of it, but cut whole scenes out. I realize that Bones probably didn't know they had 64 eps to work with at this point and they had to rush, bur its still dissapointing. Oh well at least the final eps will be paced perfectly.
Jun 13, 2010 9:12 PM
Jun 2007
4/5

It would have been a 5/5 if the exposition was handled better. The explanation of Hohenheim and Scar's respective transmutation circles took way too long that it ground the pace to a screeching halt midway through.
Jun 13, 2010 9:54 PM

Apr 2007
I actually really liked this episode. My only complaint is that Greed wasn't shown before his 'bathtub' popped up. Although he didn't do anything while they were waiting for Scar, having him first appear then was just too random. At least Arakawa handled that well.
And I'm not saying this because he's my favorite character :P

Oh the next episode has one of my favorite moments~~ Can't wait :3
Jun 13, 2010 10:34 PM

Aug 2008
Good grief! How many giant transmutation circles have I seen these past two episodes? I'm amazed at how this show managed to pull some amount of sympathy from me for some of these homunculi. Especially Pride. Still wish Kimblee had a more horrible, less dignified death. I always hated that guy.
Jun 13, 2010 11:27 PM

Sep 2009
I hope Winry and Ed get a proper scene before all of this is done (I haven't read the manga).

Oh and epic episode as usual.
Jun 13, 2010 11:37 PM

Apr 2010
OK guys, remember how I said I'd be gone after the last chapter was uploaded?

But I just can't resist after seeing this episode. If something can make me yell "HOLY SHIT" like this, it's got to be commented on.

First off, everything that happened with Pride at the end... blew me away.

HOLY SHIT count:
#1: Pride's head being half-normal and half-shadow monster (this was more of a "Holy, shit, that's creepy" kind of reaction)
#2: Pride can body-snatch people just like Envy!
#3: Kimblee is still alive in there!!!! I did not see this coming at all!
#4: AND he's simply taking his belief in rationality to its logical extreme!
#5: Ed can transmute himself into a Philosopher's Stone and invade a Homunculus's Stone!!
#6: And Ed saved the original Selim's soul! ("You don't understand Edward Elric at all!")

Other stuff:

Kimblee exits the series the same way we were introduced to him: waving farewell and making to put on his hat as he walks away. Man, that was epic. It's stuff like this that makes him my favorite villain.

Wrath vs. Scar finale was insane. You don't get more hardcore than Wrath surfing on a reconstructed pillar charging at his enemy.

"GOD DOES NOT EXIST!" And then the shadow of the moon moves far enough to reflect the light from the sun right into his sword blade, which then reflects right into his eye. I'm pretty sure some enterprising person can use this scene to make a strong argument that Scar was actually acting at the behest of an unconscious divine influence to stop the evil ones, but that person is not me.

Hey guys, remember who lost his arms and kept fighting in the '03 series? Well, look at what that guy did to someone else here~!

Man, that vat of lava, haven't seen that for a loooong time. Glad to see they haven't forgotten about it.

I wonder if I'm interpreting the above correctly, that that was the soul of the original Selim that Ed saved. At any rate, I'm not going to read the rest of this topic anymore, so yeah...

Final thing of note:

Wow, I'd forgotten how pretty Lan Fan is. :-)
Jun 14, 2010 12:03 AM

Nov 2007
AICW said:

Wow, I'd forgotten how pretty Lan Fan is. :-)

I didn't. If i were waka, i mean young master, i mean ling, lol, anyone will do, i would happily give away the world and make lan fan mine <3 O_O <3
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 14, 2010 12:44 AM

May 2008
I loved it, the Scar vs. Bradley was awsome and the ending was also great. I'm overhelmed with exitement for the last 3 episodes~~
Jun 14, 2010 1:23 AM

Jan 2009
DonKangolJones said:
Still wish Kimblee had a more horrible, less dignified death. I always hated that guy.
But he's such an awesome dude, isn't he? xD
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jun 14, 2010 3:00 AM

Sep 2009
Epic episode!

Next!

Heh, Kimblee showed one last moment of awesomeness, to bad he's gone...oh well

And that father...for someone who looks down on humans, he sure has a fetish for hohenheim and Ed....wrath's death scene was awesomesausce!
Jun 14, 2010 4:22 AM

Nov 2007
wow epic stuff
Jun 14, 2010 4:39 AM

May 2009
Nice eps!

So all Homunculus defeated now but only Selim live?
Sad imo.. they should let Bradley live
Zutto Anime, Game, Manga!

Jun 14, 2010 5:49 AM

Jun 2009
Meh last episode was much more epic than this one, but I'm not saying this episode is awful...just the pace feel rushed and I'm kinda confused a little.

What the hell is THAT scene? Don't spoil it cuz I want to finish watching FMA:B without regrets...xD

Jun 14, 2010 6:14 AM

Jan 2009
wow wrath and scar last moments of fight scenes are pretty well done
Jun 14, 2010 6:24 AM
Dec 2009
So Selim is a fetus huh?
I was amazed when the dwarf of the flask created a sun in his palm!
I'm glad that Winry is alive and what's with Kimblee helping Edward?

Jun 14, 2010 6:25 AM

Jan 2010
Best scenes were Bradley stabbing Scar with his mouth lol, Kimblee's final appearance and Ed kicking Selim's ass. The rest felt rather rushed, especially Father's short victory. But hey, if this means an epic final battle and an extended epilogue in episode 64, then I'm all for it.
Also liked how the OP was done, it freed up an extra 1.5 minutes for the episode. Should do this too for the remaining eps.
Looking forward to seeing the rest of the manga animated!
Jun 14, 2010 7:06 AM

Oct 2008
I was predicting bones to do what they did wit the op . It made sense . And gave in extra minutes for more cramming into the episode as well . To be honest , if they did have an op in this episode , they would have pushed the selim scenes to the next episode . . Then we wouldn't have had so many complaints about the pacing
Jun 14, 2010 7:34 AM

May 2009
i just

Jun 14, 2010 8:17 AM

Feb 2009
This is... like a reverse-Evangelion ending in a much much more epic way!
Jun 14, 2010 8:47 AM

Jul 2009
I'm loving how they're emphasising the action scenes in the anime since that's the one thing which isn't quite as good in manga form. Scar's fight with Bradley was epically good.
Jun 14, 2010 9:39 AM

Jul 2009
Aww shame about the Father guy. After centuries of planing and millions of sacrifices he only managed to have the power of God for a few minutes =/
That is why you should never show mercy or pity on your foes, a kitten with no claws can still grow to become a mighty lion.

Hands down the best scene though was the brilliant and most awesome return and exit of Kimblee =D
Jun 14, 2010 10:04 AM

Aug 2008
It's sad to see that this show is about to end.

I didn't get a chance to read the graphic novel yet. I am hoping that this series will have a good ending.
yatsuslaveJun 14, 2010 10:23 AM

Jun 14, 2010 10:27 AM

Aug 2008
Kimblee didn't help Ed, he punished Selim for having no pride as a homunculus. Gotta represent yo.
Jun 14, 2010 10:27 AM

Feb 2009
RAWESOME!

I liked the previous episode, but this one was better! The way it was paced, I really liked it, and it didn't feel rushed at all, the only thing rushing was Bradley, but that guy was always on fire.

The smootheness of this episode really stood out even for FMAB, the feeling of movement, the adrenaline, superb!

Looking forward the big finale.

PS: Epic end for an epic character, King Bradley.
Jun 14, 2010 10:36 AM
Aug 2008
yatsuslave said:
I didn't get a chance to read the graphic novel yet. I am hoping that this series will have a good ending.

Last chapter has came some days ago. It was awesome :D

Episode 61
mmmmmmm.... so delicous ! Perfect !
Jun 14, 2010 11:05 AM

Oct 2008
I want the fuckin shit who voted this episode a 1/5 to show himself . I've had enough of trolls .

And i've got info . I've looked into the ad's for the last 5 episodes of this series and i have to admit , the line-up was pretty mouth watering . And episode 62 does look really detailed . . I mean , the facial textures are very well done . .
Jun 14, 2010 12:15 PM

Oct 2009
well all is ok but I dont understand one thiing..
what did these souls from the Philosopher's Stone? why they were all restored to life?
I saw only one big tornado and I thought only "WTF what's going on :O"
Jun 14, 2010 12:28 PM

Oct 2009
Tecu said:
hasyly said:
what did these souls from the Philosopher's Stone? why they were all restored to life?

Hohenheim's nation-wide transmutation circle activated by the solar eclipse, duh.

sounds a bit strange...
Jun 14, 2010 12:44 PM
Jun 2010
what's strange ? as long it's a circle it doesn't matter what's is made from x)

Jun 14, 2010 12:47 PM

Nov 2008
AICW said:
OK guys, remember how I said I'd be gone after the last chapter was uploaded?

But I just can't resist after seeing this episode. If something can make me yell "HOLY SHIT" like this, it's got to be commented on.

First off, everything that happened with Pride at the end... blew me away.

HOLY SHIT count:
#1: Pride's head being half-normal and half-shadow monster (this was more of a "Holy, shit, that's creepy" kind of reaction)
#2: Pride can body-snatch people just like Envy!
#3: Kimblee is still alive in there!!!! I did not see this coming at all!
#4: AND he's simply taking his belief in rationality to its logical extreme!
#5: Ed can transmute himself into a Philosopher's Stone and invade a Homunculus's Stone!!
#6: And Ed saved the original Selim's soul! ("You don't understand Edward Elric at all!")

lol i thought you read the manga lol
Jun 14, 2010 1:44 PM

Feb 2010
W8 reverse transmutation circle makes it so philosopher's stone can't be used, yet they were still using them, they were as powerful as ever... Maybe I herd wrong.
When will Ed and Al get their bodies back? :o. I was wondering how they would get out of that crazy situation.
Jun 14, 2010 1:56 PM

Oct 2008
Zilpzalp said:
Plenkening all the time, opening threads before the episode has finished airing, saying that most anime is shit in comparison to fma:b and now calling everybody who disagrees with you a troll?

You, sir, are the only troll here.

opening threads eh , you here to crack jokes or what . I have opened 2 threads (one was way before the episode aired , i admit i was wrong . And the other was 10 minutes into the episode , so stop ranting . Thats actually the number of times deviantkaos has created threads before the episode aired . . So i'm not the only person wrong here).
Are you mad , i think you've had a dream in which you've seen me posting stuff like other anime are shit when compared to fma brotherhood . I love this show , and i love to defend it , but not by launchin scathing attacks at other anime/users . . Unlike you(remember , brotherhood heading towards garbage end comment of yours) . You sir , have no idea of what you're talking .
And tecu's post actually answered the third part of your accusation . Tecu didn't have major problems wit the episode , yet he likes giving the episode a 1/5 .. That was what i was talkin bout . .
If i'm not wrong , you're the person who actually tried to say that episode 60 of this series was IRREALISTIC (unrealistic) . And you've developed this hate towards me because of my response to your post , then . .

AND JUST SO THAT MY POST DOESN'T TURN OUT TO BE USELESS , I'VE GOT INFO :)
FMA BROTHERHOOD EPISODE 61 ACHIEVED THE BEST TELEVISION RATINGS FOR THIS SHOW (IN THE KANSAI REGION IN JAPAN) . THE RATING STOOD AT AN EXTREMELY HIGH 6.7 . THE KANTOU REGION FAIRED WELL TOO (TRP 3.9) :)
lafuria_suxJun 14, 2010 2:08 PM
Jun 14, 2010 2:30 PM

Oct 2008
I'm extremely sorry , but the edit wasn't meant at you . It was just news that i love posting :) no offence . But i have to tell ya , i never mentioned fmab is better than every anime around . Don't mix words . You got that post from a thread where everyone was speaking if this anime could break into the top 30 on mal , for me , it can (cause the top 30 on mal isn't really that good) . And i most certainly didn't cry :) i'm not gonna crowd this place wit our pointless argument . Everyone here knows why i created the threads for 60 and 61 . Guess you don't :( sorry .
lafuria_suxJun 14, 2010 2:44 PM
Jun 14, 2010 2:31 PM
Mar 2010
hasyly said:
Tecu said:
hasyly said:

Hohenheim's nation-wide transmutation circle activated by the solar eclipse, duh.

sounds a bit strange...

Its explained better in the manga. Basically a soul and its body are naturally attracted to each other, like how Barry's mindless body wondered back to his soul, and it takes a tremondous force to seperate the two. Even once there seperated it takes nearly as much effort to keep them seperate, which is why Al kept being drawn back to his body. Since the souls in Father were struggling to free themselves, all Hohenheim had to do was use one giant transmutation to free the souls, and becuase of instinct they automatically traveled back to their bodies.
Jun 14, 2010 2:33 PM

Nov 2007
I hope when this is all over Mustang gets his vision back, because I really want to see him as king.
Jun 14, 2010 3:15 PM

Jan 2009
silent_killer said:
Zilpzalp said:
Plenkening all the time, opening threads before the episode has finished airing, saying that most anime is shit in comparison to fma:b and now calling everybody who disagrees with you a troll?

You, sir, are the only troll here.

opening threads eh , you here to crack jokes or what . I have opened 2 threads (one was way before the episode aired , i admit i was wrong . And the other was 10 minutes into the episode , so stop ranting . Thats actually the number of times deviantkaos has created threads before the episode aired . . So i'm not the only person wrong here).
Are you mad , i think you've had a dream in which you've seen me posting stuff like other anime are shit when compared to fma brotherhood . I love this show , and i love to defend it , but not by launchin scathing attacks at other anime/users . . Unlike you(remember , brotherhood heading towards garbage end comment of yours) . You sir , have no idea of what you're talking .
And tecu's post actually answered the third part of your accusation . Tecu didn't have major problems wit the episode , yet he likes giving the episode a 1/5 .. That was what i was talkin bout . .
If i'm not wrong , you're the person who actually tried to say that episode 60 of this series was IRREALISTIC (unrealistic) . And you've developed this hate towards me because of my response to your post , then . .

AND JUST SO THAT MY POST DOESN'T TURN OUT TO BE USELESS , I'VE GOT INFO :)
FMA BROTHERHOOD EPISODE 61 ACHIEVED THE BEST TELEVISION RATINGS FOR THIS SHOW (IN THE KANSAI REGION IN JAPAN) . THE RATING STOOD AT AN EXTREMELY HIGH 6.7 . THE KANTOU REGION FAIRED WELL TOO (TRP 3.9) :)

My IQ dropped 5 points.

Jun 14, 2010 3:29 PM

Jan 2010
OMG I cant believe it's going to end in 3 episodes.. Damn, is restricting herself to read the manga spoilers, because xD im still at chapter 40 or something xD..
Jun 14, 2010 3:44 PM

Jun 2009
I like how the first 3 pages of FMA:B discussion threads are always about firstfags and trolls....

Anyways, great episode, I also hope they flesh out the ending a bit more since the manga didn't really show what happened afterwards that much.
Jun 14, 2010 3:45 PM

Nov 2008
silent_killer said:
I'm extremely sorry , but the edit wasn't meant at you . It was just news that i love posting :) no offence . But i have to tell ya , i never mentioned fmab is better than every anime around . Don't mix words . You got that post from a thread where everyone was speaking if this anime could break into the top 30 on mal , for me , it can (cause the top 30 on mal isn't really that good) . And i most certainly didn't cry :) i'm not gonna crowd this place wit our pointless argument . Everyone here knows why i created the threads for 60 and 61 . Guess you don't :( sorry .

yeah wasnt it to stop fai's bashing polls? and if i remember right he has compared this to other series
Jun 14, 2010 4:45 PM
Feb 2008
I dunno, I'm not too sure about this episode. Bradley basically lost because he was blinded for a moment (seriously, what the hell?), and Kimblee appearing didn't really make much sense at all. I do like Kimblee though so I can't complain too much.
Jun 14, 2010 4:52 PM
Jun 2010
hello to everybody. This episode was awesome, but didn't all of u noticed that the homunculus wrath is still alive. While greed found him "dead" the camera was focused to wrath's face and a small part of it was moving!!!!
Jun 14, 2010 5:29 PM

Feb 2009
Wrath is dead, and he died handsomely. The freaking most powerful homunculus eva, I wonder if it is because he was more human than homunculus.
Jun 14, 2010 5:53 PM

Feb 2009
Zilpzalp said:
I can't help but thinkt hat the last two episodes actually failed.

There have been many minor and major plot twists in this anime. But in the episodes before, it was like: these plottwists were prepared like 10 episodes before the scene it is revealed in, and then one understood how unbelievably great that move was; at least I never expected something to happen in the earlier episodes. And everything was fitting and consistent.

Now, that ceased to be. It feels like the mangaka ran out of ideas when he tried to make a impossibly great ending. Many of the plottwists feel forced, everything is as predictable as can be, which surely doesn't help these twists at all. The story has grown clearly inconsistent, and that is the worst thing that can happen to any anime. For example, the Crimson Alchemist helping Edward. I know, he did everything out of pure enjoyment and because he found it interesting, but there is no way I can imagine a Kimblee helping Ed. This is a major inconsistence in my opinion. I was like... "yeah, sure... not!" all the time over these last two episodes. I want to add many more things, but I don't have the time right now. Maybe I'll do it later.

The bit with Kimblee is less about him helping Ed and more how he hates hipocrisy and basically believes Pride has become pathetic by at the same time believing in his superiority as a homunculus, while stooping so low as to trying to borrow Ed's body just to survive. Kimblee has tremendous respect for those who stay true to themselves and who they are (like Winry's parents) and has none for those who say one thing but do something else. Because of this, Kimblee felt that Pride deserved to lose.

As far as the other elements- Hohenheim's counterrattack, the nationwide Alkahestry circle, and of course Father's nationwide transmutation circle itself were hinted at, if not outright shown many episodes earlier.

Jun 14, 2010 6:07 PM

May 2008
This is by far the best episode yet. I got goosebumps while watching it.

I was happy to see that Hohenheim quickly got everybody's souls back. Seeing them all passed out at the beginning was pretty emotional. But damn, all the alchemy that was pulled off in this episode was really amazing. It was the definition of badass.

Haha, and WTF Kimbley?! I didn't expect to see him again. I completely forgot that Pride absorbed him. It wasn't meant to be a funny scene, but I laughed when Kimbley's face appeared inside of Pride. And Pride could not have have been defeated in a more epic way.
Jun 14, 2010 7:10 PM

Jun 2008
Amazing stuff again, just 3 episodes left, this will definitely go down as one of the best ever.
Jun 14, 2010 7:11 PM

Jul 2009
So they changed it to 64 episodes?

Extending the epilogue-esque ending that was chapter 108?