Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Mar 21, 2014 10:55 PM

Jun 2011
Wtf Kimblee, can they really do that shit? I can't help but to think that it's some sort of an asspull that goes against the law of their power, or something like that. In other word, plot armor for Ed. "He turned himself into a Philosopher's stone to infiltrate me" Lol what?

So that's Selim's real form, hmm.. I don't know what to think of it, but I guess Mrs. Bradley will bring him up?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 12, 2014 1:39 AM
Apr 2014
A bit late to the party, but here I am!

Firstly I like others did think this episode breezed through somewhat quicker than usual, considering the pacing of previous episodes. But that doesn't mean it wasn't good - at least Father's ultimate reign was short-lived ahem :p

There's a couple of scenes which were highlights for me:
- Reunions: of Izumi and Sig, of Roy and Riza <3
- Ed vs Pride (vs Kimblee): I was a bit iffy about Ed turning into a Philosopher's stone (how did that work? is that similar to the time when Ed, Ling and Envy were inside Gluttony with Ed envisioning that he's a Philosopher's stone, an "energy" source?), but Kimblee's reappearance was unexpected and classy in the style of Kimblee. I like others agree that Kimblee lost respect for Pride and "sided" with Ed because Pride had lowered his standards by resorting to survive/live through humans (Ed) - which he despised. But /this is my interpretation/ when Ed reached the "core" of Pride, he found not Father but King Bradley and Lady Bradley at the source of His "pride". And from previous episodes we learn of Pride/Selim's admiration for the Bradleys (poetry written about why King Bradley is awesome, and his feelings about Lady Bradley and her selfless love) - what's not to say that Pride's "pride" is not of being a homonculus but of being in a family? I do recall Hohenheim talking to Father about how Father has a "family" of sorts, and since each homonculus is essentially an emotion adapted from Father, this could be a possibility (or I'm reading too much into things, ahem.)
TL;DR - Pride loves humans!

On a side note, I thought Pride's true form was rather adorable (similar to, but much more than Envy's true form). Which makes me wonder: do all homunculus have "true forms"? Pride - babe, Envy - 8-legged 40-toed being, Gluttony - fake Gate of Truth, Greed - ?carbon exterior, Wrath - ?none because he's part human, Sloth - ?, Lust - ?

Anyway, just conceptualising. Curious to see how everything plays out, and what "that scene" as aforementioned might be.
Jun 10, 2014 2:20 AM

Apr 2012
k this episode was just ridiculous lol. How the hell did Kimboslice pull that off. Also wth does he mean Ed turned himself to a philosopher stone >>

RIP Bradley- probably my favorite villain of the show. His swordplay is just fun to watch. Pride is just boring with his tentacle, elfen lied shadow shit.

Jun 12, 2014 12:24 AM

Aug 2013
Ed's softness will come back and bite him in the ass. Why didn't he just crush Pride right then and there?Also I call asspull on Kimblee suddenly appearing -___-
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 12, 2014 7:54 AM

Jan 2012
I like that it ended up being Hohenheim who saved the world, since it's what he's spent the last decade and his sons' childhoods working toward.

Wrath couldn't have gone out better. Loses both arms so he just uses the sword with his teeth to stab Scar. I don't really see Scar making it out alive. And Pride in baby form was sad crying after a mother - pride isn't an inherently evil emotion so maybe there's redemption if he's raised right.
Aug 9, 2014 6:03 AM
Mar 2014
Go Kimbly! Although the true BAMF is Scar (and his bro).

Also loved Pride's true form. Almost felt a bit sorry for Bradley near the end.
Sep 27, 2014 11:54 AM

Jan 2014
If combining masculinity and femininity makes for the perfect being, then gay people are perfect?
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Nov 3, 2014 1:19 PM

Aug 2013
Oh how nostalgic.. yo Kimblee.
Dec 31, 2014 3:38 AM
May 2012
Amazing episode!!
Jan 2, 2015 6:46 AM

Dec 2013
And everyone is dead. Aaannd not for to long. Expected a more redemptive death to King Bradley, was disappointed by that. Bradley by far the best homunculus. Greed is cool too, was the one that actually sympathized with humans. And 3 more episodes to go, it was a really fun and epic ride.
ViriathusJan 2, 2015 6:54 AM
Feb 23, 2015 5:18 PM
Sep 2009
ToG25thBaam said:
Wtf Kimblee, can they really do that shit? I can't help but to think that it's some sort of an asspull that goes against the law of their power, or something like that. In other word, plot armor for Ed. "He turned himself into a Philosopher's stone to infiltrate me" Lol what?

So that's Selim's real form, hmm.. I don't know what to think of it, but I guess Mrs. Bradley will bring him up?

Old post I know but Greed technically also devoured Lin yet Lin does still posses his conciousness. And considering how mad Kimblee was, it isn't really that hard to believe that he was able to keep his mind in this bizarre soul world. Not to mention that souls that Hoenheim posses also still have mind of their own.

Did feel a bit cheap but not as random as it might seem.

And well Ed did use his life and turned it into philosopher's stone before too when healing the wound after his fight with Kimblee. He uses up his life, his life spam will be shorter. A bit retarded to shorten his own life to "safe" Pride who was among more disgusting homonculus.
Mar 7, 2015 10:25 AM
Mar 2014
Viters said:
This was really... amazing...
Jul 27, 2015 2:44 AM

Jun 2015
kitten320 said:
ToG25thBaam said:

Old post I know but Greed technically also devoured Lin yet Lin does still posses his conciousness. And considering how mad Kimblee was, it isn't really that hard to believe that he was able to keep his mind in this bizarre soul world. Not to mention that souls that Hoenheim posses also still have mind of their own.

Did feel a bit cheap but not as random as it might seem.

And well Ed did use his life and turned it into philosopher's stone before too when healing the wound after his fight with Kimblee. He uses up his life, his life spam will be shorter. A bit retarded to shorten his own life to "safe" Pride who was among more disgusting homonculus.
Jul 30, 2015 11:35 AM

Oct 2014
No OP? Huh, strange. I really liked the use of the insert song too.

Kimblee did some good in the end? That's surprising. Always found his character epic (in an evil way) and that was a nice twist. All the homunculi are dealt with, so only Father left.
Oct 12, 2015 5:54 PM

Jul 2009
Epic! haha so good when the souls go back to the people!
Scar won! So cool!
What a surprise! Kimblee, I would never expect that! bye bye Pride!
Dec 19, 2015 3:59 PM
Nov 2014
Sucks to see a great character like Bradley went out like that! Didn't expect that Kimblee comeback from out of nowhere. Pride's defeated.

Surely a set up for the grand finale battle between Father, can't bloody wait for that one.
Aug 29, 2016 3:17 AM

Aug 2010
Such an intense episode! Finally a comeback of the transmutation circle! So Hohenheim didn't waste his life away and was instead making all those preparations. Glad to see how the Ishbalans play a part in helping too!

Wow, what happened between Kimblee and Pride and Edward was unexpected and very cool! XD Though I don't really get the part that says Ed turned into a philosopher's stone....?? And all that's left is a fetus of some kind now, but I hope that wont pose as a threat later on...

I'm still sad that Mustang lost his vision, but I hope to see more action from him (Hawkeye will be his vision I am guessing?)
Oct 3, 2016 4:57 PM

May 2014
Well I bet Pride regrets eating Kimblee now lol

Awesome episode, but the action parts definitely felt rushed, especially the stuff near the end with Selim, Kimblee and Ed.

I did adore that hat tip though, talk about going out in style!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2017 1:08 PM

Jan 2016
Kimblee's real last moment was boss as fuck
Feb 28, 2017 9:46 PM
Jan 2012
Arse-pull or not, Kimblee appearing inside Pride to mess him up is one of the highlights of the show and one of Kimblee's establishing moments as a character.
Apr 17, 2017 2:10 PM

May 2016
Who would have thought that punny little boy ws Selim damn I wanted to see that strong power but If that happened the world would have been over.
Jul 2, 2017 3:52 AM

Jan 2013
Lmao even Kimblee having morals and helping out Edward in the end.
Awesome episode, the fight between Scar and Bradley felt amazing.
Nov 9, 2017 1:55 PM

Jan 2014
Awesome episode, but I'm still sad that Roy lost his sight so he cant take action and fight in this final battle, feels like he was thrown out of the series.
Mar 16, 2018 12:27 PM

Dec 2009
Holy shit I can't even.

Kimblee coming in with the clutch to take out Pride.
The anti nation circle.
Scar with the EPIC kill on Wrath, and Wrath still badly wounding Scar without fucking arms.
Father with the powers of god.

Like what is even going on anymore!?!?!
Mar 20, 2018 11:24 AM

Nov 2011
Interesting as the story repeatedly deludes me to believe that everything ends in the best way to then reveal the true power of the Father and the homunculus. Explanations and action scenes are very exciting.
Oct 14, 2018 11:40 AM
Jun 2017
Now that's what I call a double sundae! Father pwned twice in a matter of minutes.
Jan 21, 2019 12:41 PM

Jun 2015
wrath and pride taken down in the same episode, oh my gosh
Jan 25, 2019 11:18 AM

Oct 2015
Kimblee hampering Selim's movements because of his dishonour as a Homunuculus. It does seem a little convenient but hell Kimblee got his last badass moment so who cares! In my headcanon Wrath is the single strongest FMA character that isn't Father or Hohenheim. It took so many people to chip away his health for him to finally fall, what a beast!

Not excusing the Anti-Transmutation Circle and Hohenheim's long term plan nonsense though. It definitely is an asspull.
Auron_Jan 25, 2019 11:24 AM
Feb 22, 2019 10:59 AM

Oct 2013
What to say more? Epic. Just epic.

btw. I almost felt compassion towards Pride's true form, lol. To think that Kimblee helped (kinda) Edwardti fight with Pride.
AdnashFeb 22, 2019 1:12 PM
Mar 29, 2019 3:39 PM

Aug 2007
I really can't take the word "epic" seriously in the poll...
It was so overused early 2010s that now it's just coming back around to be used ironically rip.

Father shooting out from the ground via lava was pretty ridiculous.

Apr 6, 2019 10:27 PM

May 2016
Flasky might've gotten the power of a god and even demonstrated its terrifying power for a few seconds but Hohenheim revealing that he had prepared a counterattack with the help of the souls he gave comfort was amazing. He completely overturned the Dwarf's plan and gave back all the lost Amestrian souls to their rightful vessels.

Scar finally put his brother's research into action and it looks like he removed the limiters set on the whole country's alchemy by the Dwarf, making them be able to take full advantage of Western alchemy. Wrath believed that he had a good run because of all those fascinating humans keeping him at the edge of his seat until his final moments and kicked the bucket with a smile on his face.

Pride was blabbering on about his pride as a Homunculus all the while going against everything he believed in. He was so hypocritical that Kimblee couldn't help but mock Selim for doing so and sealing his fate by helping Edward. He got reborn as a baby and Mrs Bradley might end up taking care of him again soon.

Sep 27, 2019 1:17 PM
Aug 2019
Father's exhibition of power was short lived, followed by Hohenheim's counterattack

Father has been inhibiting the full power of Amestris alchemy

Kimblee saved Edward from Pride, that was unexpected
Nov 10, 2019 11:24 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oooooooh god this episode was just so good
Apr 9, 2020 7:30 PM

Feb 2020
so much happened i can't compute it all lol but damn hohenheim really planned ahead for this by dropping all those stones across the country, nice one mate, father barely had any time to have all that power #suckstobehim

the sig/izumi and roy/riza reunion scenes were sweet!! and kimblee showing up like that inside pride was vv unexpected too!

a lot happened, i think they are trying to get things moving and concluded asap
May 12, 2020 7:17 PM

Nov 2017
Golly, that Hohenheim... he was thinking that far ahead?

The Scar and King Bradley fight had a satisfying conclusion. I remember when I first read the manga, I dead ass thought Scar died. I was like, "Oh nooooo! Don't do this, I like Scar!" lol. Seriously, how gotdamn strong is Bradley!!? I remember Scar giving the Elric brothers trouble and killing state alchemists left and right, but this was pretty close and Bradley was wounded and wasn't at peak condition. Shit's scary to think about, lol.

&++ with that, King Bradley has kicked the bucket!

I feel like out of all the homunculi, Pride is the one most devoted to Father. Idk if it's 'cause he's the oldest and first homunculus. Whatever the case, he's pretty beaten up, and was basically abandoned by Father. And he still will follow him to the ends of the earth!

Eyyy, Kimblee! Good timing! I never get tired of seeing your pristine, white Michael Jackson suit. The wails of agony from the other souls are as soothing as a lullaby? Yeah, this guy's nuttier than squirrel shit lol. But his intervention gave Ed enough time to pwn Pride for good. I liked how he took off his hat and went away
Aug 1, 2020 12:22 AM

Aug 2018
There goes Bradley, he died like a true badass character accepting the death without hesitation. Pride defeat was also very interesting and memorable thing to witness but its just Wraths death that made this episode wholesome.
Aug 2, 2020 6:50 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
Having Selim be some embryo was really creepy. Having the little embryo remain alive outside the womb is just ridiculous. Why did Pride and Envy have weird original bodies as homunculi and the rest didn't?

At any rate, Hohenheim's plan was pretty good, although working to prevent the activation of Father's transmutation circle in the first place would have been a better plan. You know that its activation is related to the eclipse, so just destroy the tunnels right before the eclipse, using the sacrifices skill to do so outside of the capital. Then with Hohenheim's plan as a backup, you'd have a much better chance of success.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Sep 9, 2020 6:45 AM
Aug 2020
it's really satisfying when they say Hohenheim's name lol

the end was lowkey creepy and cute when pride said mama
Nov 14, 2020 8:27 AM

Jul 2017
A bit rushed since A LOT HAPPENED from Father obtaining the powers of a God to Hohenheim countering him with a reverse transmutation circle to Father going up to replenish himself, to Bradley dying by Scar to Pride being reduced to a fetus by Edward's hands (with the assistance of Kimblee's soul inside Pride's container mocking him for being weak as a homunculus and falling below Edward's level).

But still, a really damn intense episode nonetheless. Some good animation too for its action like with Bradley vs Scar.
Jan 12, 2021 6:40 PM

Aug 2017
And after several ok and good episodes...bad episodes are back.

Honestly, this anime likes to save the protagonists with outside forces. "He turned himself into a Philosopher's stone to infiltrate me", nice plot armor there. Did he just saved a murderer? WTF. I wonder how Scar survived after that battle. RIP Bradley, the only competent antagonist, too bad the rest are useless.
NurguburuJan 12, 2021 6:45 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 26, 2021 8:21 AM

Jul 2020
Kimblee chad. nicely done episode
Jul 3, 2021 7:12 AM

Jun 2021
THIS ANIME IS INCREDIBLE.
Jul 3, 2021 7:19 AM

Jun 2021
every dialogue of this episode is nicely done. Hohenheim successfully brought back the souls. scar attempted reverse human transmutation of his brothers alchemy and alkhastry technique successfully changed the source of amestry alchemy into the full extent.all the homologous created by his father defeated.only the main villain left the story is near to close the shutter.
Dec 10, 2021 2:11 PM
Nov 2020
Father was playing 3D chess while everybody else was playing chess, with the exception of Hohenheim who was playing 4D chess
Feb 9, 2022 9:18 AM
May 2021
Great episode.what an episode it was
Jun 7, 2022 11:42 AM
Apr 2022
Another homoncurus died only father remain
Oct 15, 2022 2:13 PM

Dec 2016
ToG25thBaam said:

Nurguburu said:

Honestly, this anime likes to save the protagonists with outside forces. "He turned himself into a Philosopher's stone to infiltrate me", nice plot armor there.

Lmao exactly, that was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen in an anime. Also why is no one talking about how Father's ENTIRE plan was thwarted in THREE MINUTES? We just watched an entire country get sacrificed last episode and in the first six minutes of this episode, all that death and destruction was immediately reversed and now everyone's safe and alive again. But then again, I'm a fool for expecting real stakes in a shounen.
Dec 30, 2022 12:03 PM

Jan 2020
Yeah exactly. This has 0 consequences. 60 episodes of build up so it can be destroyed in 5 mins xDDDD

Why in the fuck this anime is top 1 I will never get. Oh wow GOOD GUYS WIN AGAIN WITH 0 CASUALTIES!!!! AMAZING ANIME!!!
Dec 30, 2022 12:04 PM

Jan 2020
MSochist said:
ToG25thBaam said:

Nurguburu said:

Honestly, this anime likes to save the protagonists with outside forces.  "He turned himself into a Philosopher's stone to infiltrate me", nice plot armor there.

Lmao exactly, that was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen in an anime. Also why is no one talking about how Father's ENTIRE plan was thwarted in THREE MINUTES? We just watched an entire country get sacrificed last episode and in the first six minutes of this episode, all that death and destruction was immediately reversed and now everyone's safe and alive again. But then again, I'm a fool for expecting real stakes in a shounen.
was meant to reply to you
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

132 by Chewbaccaccino »»
Apr 21, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.