Forum Settings
Forums
New
Would you recommend it to others?
Apr 29, 2008 12:52 PM

Jul 2006
Ok, hopefully most got that mass message that went out, but if you're a new member then here is the info again.

Hello.

With inspiration from the MAL asian drama club, I would like to invite you to watch Ganba Fly High with me on crunchyroll.

I dont believe you need to sign up there to watch this series. Just click the link and it should list all the eps for your viewing ease.

Hope you can join in and give your comments back at the club. =)

and thanks to EternityOfPain for bringing the anime to my attention once again.

Here you can share your thoughts as you watch the series.

DONT FORGET YOUR SPOILER TAGS AND MARK WHICH EP YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

EXAMPLE:
just finished ep 8
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Apr 29, 2008 1:21 PM
Jun 2007
I'm certainly not adverse to watching older (~lesser quality animation~) anime but the combination with that lowquality feed on crunchyroll just isn't working for me.

Apr 29, 2008 2:02 PM

Jul 2006
you'll be hard pressed to find it elsewhere.

but if anyone does find a running torrent for it, then please link us.
Apr 29, 2008 2:18 PM
Dec 2007
Great series, as a fan of the sports genre of anime this series is "fresh" in-regards that I don't believe (if i am incorrect by all means point it out) there is another gymnastics show.

As far as rkrempel was stating, the quality isn't perfect, and sadly the majority of the episodes have poor subs (in many cases it flat out doesn't make sense...) In so I would recommend this series to individuals who have watched alot of subbed anime and in doing so can pick up words so to do a mix of what the subtitles say and what you can translate on your own. This I found helped me a lot in the series.

As far as a running torrent I haven't found any. I assume even if one could be found the quality would not rise. Keep in mind these are rips of HK dvds which might already be very poor quality.

But overall the show is very enjoyable. Several of the series I found very interesting where:

---- Note I recommend NOT looking at the spoilers until you have watched ALL 30 episodes. You have been warned!

** Also continue to watch after the credits on episode 30**
Apr 29, 2008 5:15 PM

Apr 2008
After watching the first 2 episodes I can say that it appears to be a pretty promising series and its quite funny as well. For now i'll put it on hold till I'm done with Hungry Heart - Wild Striker.

I didn't have any problem at all with the quality and you have to remember that it's free so you can't be picky. Thanks for the suggestion June.
Apr 29, 2008 5:39 PM

May 2007
I watched it a while back, so I'm trying to go by memory...

Overall, I found it enjoyable in the sense that I really like the genre and I'm a total sucker for that fighting spirit. ;)

But...the quality (though fine for cr and no complaints about the site itself) combined with the bad subs made the whole experience a little more aggravating than I would have liked. Especially since I can't understand more than a few words here or there of Japanese.

Like I said, I watched the show a while ago and I don't really remember the details of it so much... but I do remember thinking that

At the same time, I think not being able to articulate my points very well is also an indication that my overall impression of the series was really influenced by my frustration with the subs. I can live with low quality, but the subs... oy.
Apr 29, 2008 6:14 PM

Jul 2006
@lachy: the first two eps are comedic but after that it really does get into proper sports-mode, i dont think i couldve done this anime if it didnt get more serious and detailed.

@eternity: yeah, this is the first true gymnastics anime ive heard of. i guess kaleido star would be gymnastics, and they do train to learn tricks but the competition element wasnt there. it was just about reaching personal goals.

finished ep 13

im thankful for CR, i dont have any more room on my HD ^_^

and this isnt the worst subs or quality ever. i bought overseas copies of inuyasha back in the day, and i could barely understand what the subs were trying to say. and i actually think its pretty damn good for the age of this show. i was prepared to watch this on youtube, but the quality on CR is great =)
May 2, 2008 2:27 PM

Aug 2007
I don't think there's any uploaded on youtube.
But, yeah, the quality on CR was pretty good.

Although the series was made in, I think, 1996, I was having second thoughts, but I didn't really have anything else I wanted to watch so I went for it and I as satisfied. It was definitely something I was looking for, something serious yet enjoyable and amusing. There were some parts I didn't really like but I still liked it.

last episode

Too bad there's probably no second season.
May 2, 2008 4:15 PM

Jul 2006
May 5, 2008 6:46 PM
Dec 2007
i have watch this anime series and enjoyed it very much. And as EternityOfPain pointed out there are not many if any other gymnastics shows out there so it was definitely something new to watch.
May 9, 2008 1:48 AM

Nov 2007
I can't watch it. I must be stupid because i can't find any episode.

May 9, 2008 4:48 PM

Jul 2006
@ryuu: if you click on the "crunchyroll" link in the first post it will take you to the crunchyroll list of all the fly high eps
May 10, 2008 3:23 AM

Nov 2007
Oh, I SEE!

I don't really know how to use crunchyroll. I'm gonna view Ganba Fly High now.

Whoa. Cool, It reminds me of me, although I'm not that wimpy. xD
underMebiusMay 10, 2008 3:51 AM

May 10, 2008 5:42 PM

Jul 2006
lol, cool, im glad you got it to work =)
May 10, 2008 9:18 PM

Apr 2008
It's a passable show. Not one I would recommend unless one wants a gymnastics-based show. It has a fairly run-of-the-mill story with fairly common character archetypes for a sports anime show. Nice to spend some time on. Not particularly memorable.

Watched the show from raws. Still have 28 out of the 30 episodes. Trying to get back those 2 episodes that I do not have now so that I can archive the raws as a set for the whole show.
May 19, 2008 9:43 AM

Mar 2007
I kinda enjoyed it, the only person annoying was the transfer girl.
and yay at the end xD
Jun 21, 2008 1:46 PM
Jun 2008
First: Hi everyone, I am new here. :p

Now on to the anime.
Even when you are not into gymnastics you really can enjoy this series. It has ups and downs but overall it was very entertaining.

The only thing that really made me angry sometimes (has nothing to do with the series itself ^^) was the bad translation at crunchyroll / from the translator group. I don't really understand japanese that much, but some thing were really anoying.

Jun 24, 2008 2:17 AM

Jul 2006
i think its just because it a HK copy. most sub group, even from the series release, wouldnt have been so bad.

hi and welcome dreamkiller ^_^
Jun 26, 2008 6:52 PM

Aug 2007
I agree with Dracoowl. I did not really like the transfer girl. I can't even remember her name even though I watched this last month, I think. I didn't hate her but it was just weird to watch her in my case. There were some lovey dovey-like aspects I just couldn't get used to.

As cliché it might be, I just really like how the protagonist is superior (or at least grows a whole lot faster) and the supporting characters are influenced by him/her.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Apply for Staff

Mayuka - Nov 25, 2015

12 by Mayuka »»
May 14, 2018 10:41 AM

» Running/Track & Field

Dodecahedron-O24 - Apr 17, 2014

8 by RunningShirtGuy »»
May 9, 2018 12:38 PM

Sticky: » Introduce Yourself ( 1 2 3 )

June - Dec 5, 2007

139 by RunningShirtGuy »»
May 9, 2018 12:36 PM

» First Anime? ( 1 2 )

June - Jul 29, 2007

73 by Noene »»
Nov 19, 2017 7:29 PM

» Sports anime/manga that inspired you to play the game?

Vivie - Nov 25, 2015

40 by Mishina »»
Jun 29, 2017 4:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.