Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 28, 2008 3:55 PM

Jan 2007
I mean...wtf?! Good, but so many questions left.

She's still a Flesh Eater? What about the kid? He doesn't mind that she'll try to eat him every time they have sex? They just go on permanent vacation? What about all the other Flesh Eaters in the world? The Kifuuken are destroyed and there's nobody left to hunt the Flesh Eaters and that's that? That's all there is?

omg.
Jun 7, 2008 8:17 PM

Feb 2007
I think I am going to rewatch that last episode because it was a bit open-ended.

I was distracted so I think I shall rewatch so I can understand what happened.

Still this was a really good love story, 9/10.
Jun 29, 2008 3:28 AM

Feb 2008
Wow, that was one crazy ending. I just about had it with Ouba's walking head and the requisite anime philosophical nonsense at the end... but I loved the sky-diving bit. That was sweet. =3 That was a good way to end. For a second there I thought they were going to separate just for the sake of tragedy (a true Romeo & Juliet finish). I would have been so annoyed.

@hounddog: I thought they kind of answered those questions. In episode 5, they learn to deal with her beast when she's, ahem, overexcited (she-Hulk! xD Man, that boy was mighty focused! oO) Or at least you get the impression that they are willing to work through these stumbling blocks together until they can find a working solution, and that was the main point of that ending. She could have just spared him the trouble by leaving him. Details aside, you know that they are going to take whatever comes at them together (insert cheese, lol).

I just assumed they were going to start a new dojo with their new and improved kifuuken, i.e. their shokujinki son or daughter. Ouba mentions that Yuka is the last original, so I'm assuming that if there are any left, they are created. Then again, Hozuki does say that the side effects from the drug are temporary and only led to Kazuma becoming a monster because he had so much of it (and if that's the case, then maybe there will be no Momota shokujinki army =<), so maybe there's no one else to fight or maybe they'll meld with the military. *shrug* Details. I thought it was a satisfying ending overall. The important puzzles were solved. Good anime! ^-^
Jul 25, 2008 11:17 PM

Nov 2007
yea that ending was ... over the top lol, WAY over the top. that flying head was very annoying. thx for ur thoughts on hit new_user lol, helped out a bit with the loose ends.

and the sky diving at the end was sweet, romantic id say lol
Aug 26, 2008 1:39 AM

Jun 2007
Wow that last few episodes where pure bullshit. Sure the artwork was pretty bad but the story was amazing all the way up to the part where Ouba turned all easter bunny and started doing weird ass shit like walking around as just a head. That whole ending was one big WTF moment. I really wish it's style stayed the same as the beginning of the series and not all random and stupid.

I think New_user pretty much answered all the questions. Everyone that took the drug will, at some point, turn back into humans. Kazuma turned monster because he was tricked into eating squid and because he was taking the medicine. Yuka's still young compared to the other pure blooded beasts so she still has time to master her ability to control herself. As they pointed out a few eps back, her kind where able to control their beast powers without going crazy.

One question I do have is, who's Yuka's mother and father? I mean, it's overly hinted that she's Harumi's daughter (ie. Toshihiko's step mother) but was it ever verified? Also who would her father be? She died after giving her arms to Toshihiko's father and dieing in the fire...so does that mean she had a kid before even meeting Toshihiko's dad? I can only assume she did have a kid before with another pure blooded beast. If thats the case then why did she abandon her daughter? O well, the show was decent.
Sep 18, 2008 1:24 PM
Aug 2007
DeathfireD said:
Wow that last few episodes where pure bullshit. Sure the artwork was pretty bad but the story was amazing all the way up to the part where Ouba turned all easter bunny and started doing weird ass shit like walking around as just a head. That whole ending was one big WTF moment. I really wish it's style stayed the same as the beginning of the series and not all random and stupid.

This. Seriously. Just what the fuck, it had so much potential in the beginning and the ending was like holy shit save my brain from watching this now. Whatever though. Series left me puzzled, and no, the sky-diving BS at the end was horrific. I did not think that was cute shit at all. I just starred at the screen in awe at how pathetic it was.

Overall, this gets a 7/10 for the first half being a great storyline. I may lower it to a 6, I don't know just yet. Depends on whether or not I have a nightmare from that stupid Ouba crap.
Edit: Actually, no. There's no way this even gets a 7 from me.
Oct 5, 2008 7:50 PM
Jul 2008
To the above who said this was shit. You need to fucking appreciate real anime. I guess some people just don't understand what symbolism means anymore and I rather watch anime for the instant gratification. Honestly I won't even bother discussing what the ending meant because the director left it open on PURPOSE. Grow up, which I don't think you kids are because this was an adult anime. I'd like to see you guys come up with a better ending.
Nov 16, 2008 1:49 PM

Jul 2008
hounddog said:
I mean...wtf?! Good, but so many questions left.

She's still a Flesh Eater? What about the kid? He doesn't mind that she'll try to eat him every time they have sex? They just go on permanent vacation? What about all the other Flesh Eaters in the world? The Kifuuken are destroyed and there's nobody left to hunt the Flesh Eaters and that's that? That's all there is?

omg.

Well it was already stated many times that he was ok with it (the whole sex thing and all). Yes they go on a permanent vacation. Remember the old man and woman? They're doing the same thing. There are no other "true" flesh eaters in the world anymore. Ooba mentioned that Yuka was the last true one. Because all the flesh eaters left were just afflicted by the drug, they can easily be disposed of through ordinary weapons since their arms don't reattach if they are cut off.

DeathfireD said:
Sure the artwork was pretty bad but the story was amazing all the way up to the part where Ouba turned all easter bunny and started doing weird ass shit like walking around as just a head.

A rabbit is symbolic of prey. Throughout the series Ooba has been acting like a weakling and often shows that he is inferior to his comrades. However this is just a ruse to hide the fact that he is the superior predator. (Wolf in sheep's clothing) That is what the bunny suit is symbolic of; it's symbolic of his disguise. His head being detached and his body going lunatic is symbolic of the duality of man. We have evolved to a point where we are not just predator or prey and physical strength does not mean superiority. However we are still animals that often compete with one another to determine physical superiority. Ooba's head represented the logical evolved human aspect and his body was the animal aspect of his being. Hope that kinda clarified it for you.
-Doctor-Nov 16, 2008 2:01 PM
Jan 3, 2009 11:23 PM

Jun 2008
fucking masterpiece. everything. the dismembered arms in his underwear. all of it. i don't know. the jazzy background. it was just good and anime is rarely ever funny but the arms in his underwear was hilarious.

anime is never this good. even with monster and all that it's never like this. this was just so much more grander and everything.

hznuApr 9, 2009 4:12 PM
Nov 23, 2009 2:00 PM

Jun 2009
This topic really surprised me, honestly. What questions left, what did you want from this, overall? I understand that the second part was much more brainfucking than the first, but these elements was in the 1st part though! Then why didn't you ask how the monkey beated Toshihiko or how can this Ooba's son be so huge? That's just not the point and it's not about questions, it's just about your taste and the way of storytelling. I liked the first part more than the second, too. Maybe, just 'cause of watching these series during just 2 days -- the second part during the second one brought too much abstract (but NOT stupid, that's NOT what it is) things for my brain at once ^^, but it's not the reason to complain about Kemonozume. I'd not be so "sharp" as Kyo843, but damn, people, there's no thing to talk about in here.
Dec 8, 2009 3:40 AM

Jul 2007
well i just watched this whole series in one sitting. I think the reason why some of you guys were confused about the ending because you didnt remember half the stuff that they said throughout the episodes.

belxfran-desu did a great job explaining the symbolism in end too. Other than that don't see why this was a bad ending. This was exactly what I expected the ending to be and I am pleased it ended like this.
Jan 3, 2010 6:42 PM

Apr 2008
There's was only one question left for me: Who killed Toshihiko and Kazuma's father? I watched the part where Yuka/her mother killed him, but it was kind of fast. Wikipedia says she was framed, but how? Nobody saw her doing it, they just assumed and stated it when she stayed for dinner at the funeral. Does anyone has facts, not opinions?
// Hearts are wasted, lives are broken.
Feb 8, 2010 7:50 AM

Dec 2008
Wow. Some people should just not even try.
Feb 23, 2010 8:19 PM

Jun 2009
DeathfireD said:

This. Like someone already said, this anime had alot of potential on its early episodes, but i just could not stand watching the last 2-3 episodes and just fast forward to see the end and delete from my hard drive.
Feb 23, 2010 8:24 PM

Dec 2008
Yeah, like I said.

antitype said:
Some people should just not even try.
Oct 24, 2010 10:11 AM

Feb 2010
Elrondp said:
There's was only one question left for me: Who killed Toshihiko and Kazuma's father? I watched the part where Yuka/her mother killed him, but it was kind of fast. Wikipedia says she was framed, but how? Nobody saw her doing it, they just assumed and stated it when she stayed for dinner at the funeral. Does anyone has facts, not opinions?

Ooba did.
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 20, 2014 7:15 AM

Aug 2010
Started out pretty promising, but all the comedy and weird bullshit really ruined it for me.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kemonozume Episode 7 Discussion

WinterNightsFall - Sep 28, 2009

36 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 29, 4:01 PM

Poll: » Kemonozume Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Naruleach - Mar 23, 2009

60 by tomdelasker22 »»
Dec 20, 2023 7:38 PM

Poll: » Kemonozume Episode 4 Discussion

KillthisAccount - Jun 23, 2010

32 by TitanInsane »»
Sep 25, 2023 2:27 AM

Poll: » Kemonozume Episode 1 Discussion

tainteddonut - Jul 20, 2008

46 by TitanInsane »»
Sep 25, 2023 1:09 AM

Poll: » Kemonozume Episode 12 Discussion

botch - Jun 10, 2010

22 by Ashhk »»
Mar 5, 2023 4:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.