MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Anime/Manga Stats Bug (Ghost Entries)
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Support »» Anime/Manga Stats Bug (Ghost Entries)

Pages (5) -3 -2 [-1] 0 1 » ... Last »
03-27-11, 11:26 PM
Forum Moderator
I'll try to find an easier way to fix this problem... might have to wait until tomorrow though since it's late for me. Try kuro's fix again, or hang on while longer while I work some magic.
Modified by saka, 03-28-11, 2:23 AM

03-28-11, 3:09 AM

IcelandDesuYo said:
Ok i'm trying to get rid of the ghost anime entry on mine, and i'm using Opera 11.1, so the instructions are not helping, since when it says to right click view. there is no view option. can I have some help ?
It's Source, not View Source ^^

Sorry, Opera must've changed that recently and I never noticed. But I still suggest waiting for saka to finish. If I know him right, he'll make it completely solid and very easy. Don't let me down!

03-28-11, 3:33 AM
Forum Moderator
Okay, new plan! This only works for anime for now.

Open up the Edit Anime page:
http://myanimelist.net/editlist.php?type=anime

...and then paste this into your browser address bar (then press enter key):
javascript:var untitled = $('td.borderClass > strong:empty:first'); if(untitled && untitled.length > 0) { var match = untitled.next('a').attr('href').match(/^\/anime\/([0-9]+)$/); var ghostID = match[1]; var seriesID = untitled.parent().prev('td').children('a').attr('href').match(/^\?type=anime\&id=([0-9]+)$/)[1]; if( confirm('Are you sure you want to delete the the series with id ' + ghostID + '?') ) { $.post('http://myanimelist.net/editlist.php?type=anime&id=' + seriesID, { series_id: seriesID, series_title: ghostID, anime_db_series_id: ghostID, submitIt: 3 }, function(data) { alert("Entry removed. Sorry for the trouble."); location.reload(true); }); } } else alert('Could not find any ghost entries.');

03-28-11, 4:07 AM

Solid. I tried to break it, didn't manage to, even with multiple ghost entries.

03-28-11, 2:02 PM

Thank you saka, it worked perfectly. now i'm just waiting for the stats to update =)

03-28-11, 2:04 PM

Protip: Stats won't update unless you move something from one section to another, i.e. it's triggered by that and not updated periodically. So move something from watching to on-hold and then back and they should update within a minute.

03-28-11, 2:09 PM

It updated just fine, thank you so much everyone :)

11-03-11, 9:15 AM

I have small problem with part of my anime list. Two anime which I have on my list was apparently deleted from DB and now I have two empty entries. On my profile I see in Anime Stats Plan to Watch 58 entries but when I open my anime list I see 56 entries in tabele.

Thanks for any help :)

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku

11-04-11, 11:41 PM
DB Administrator
Try this solution (second post) :)
(not sure if it's still working)

11-05-11, 11:44 AM
Forum Moderator
go here and see if you have an entry that is just a question mark (?):

If you do, then go here and click the "copy to clipboard" link at the top to get my fix script:
http://pastebin.com/mRrWK62p
...then head back to the same tab you have page with the question mark entry (or entries), paste the script into the address bar, and press enter.

If you do it correctly, it should remove each of the entries and then refresh the page.... if you have trouble then ask. If you're using Chrome, newer versions will remove the "javascript:" from the beginning when you try to paste it into the address bar, so you may have to add it back in at the front to have it actually run. I tested in current versions of Firefox, Chrome, and IE.... and it seemed to work well enough.

-----------------------------------------

For some reason, the code no longer works in Firefox 11 or 12. It does still work in Chrome, although you have to be careful to add the 'javascript:' back in at the front since Chrome removes it (for security reasons) when you paste.
Modified by Luna_, 11-27-12, 9:38 AM

11-06-11, 5:28 AM

Thanks everyone for help :) saka's solution was simple and fast. It took several seconds to done and correct this empty entries. ;D

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku

11-06-11, 10:33 PM
Forum Moderator
I merged the other topic, with an updated script fix for anime.

01-29-12, 6:54 AM
DB Administrator
Today I wanted to delete manga ghost entries but since the structure of editing anime and editing manga is quite different, the script didn't work. So I modified the script and successfully removed the ghost entries. If anyone else needs it, I uploaded it here:
http://pastebin.com/pZXUGcce

It works the same as the script three posts above, but of course on the edit manga page:
http://myanimelist.net/panel.php?go=editmanga

-----------------------------------------

For some reason, the code no longer works in Firefox 11 or 12. It does still work in Chrome, although you have to be careful to add the 'javascript:' back in at the front since Chrome removes it (for security reasons) when you paste.
Modified by Luna_, 11-27-12, 9:39 AM

02-06-12, 7:24 PM

Hmm. I went to try this method to see if I had ghost entries on my list, but that's not the case. For some reason my list is reading that I've seen something around the lines of 14,636 episodes for my completed, but that's not the case as I added them up and got 3252 episodes....

I went to the edit areas and there is not a single ghost entry, and everything seems perfectly fine... ._.

I want to fix this to keep track of how much of my life I waste watching Anime <3 But I can't D:

02-06-12, 11:44 PM
DB Administrator
SeanOnOsu said:
I want to fix this to keep track of how much of my life I waste watching Anime <3 But I can't D:

It's the same problem as this one. In your case you've set this 255 times read for the entries "Clannad" and "Clannad After Story". 47 episodes * 255 = 11985 more episodes which show up at the bottom of your list. Just change the number to a normal value :)

02-19-12, 5:01 PM

Luna_ said:
It's the same problem as this one. In your case you've set this 255 times read for the entries "Clannad" and "Clannad After Story". 47 episodes * 255 = 11985 more episodes which show up at the bottom of your list. Just change the number to a normal value :)

I love you. <3 I alos love your sig. :D Thank you for the help!

05-10-12, 1:54 PM

saka said:
go here and see if you have an entry that is just a question mark (?):

If you do, then go here and click the "copy to clipboard" link at the top to get my fix script:
http://pastebin.com/mRrWK62p
...then head back to the same tab you have page with the question mark entry (or entries), paste the script into the address bar, and press enter.

If you do it correctly, it should remove each of the entries and then refresh the page.... if you have trouble then ask. If you're using Chrome, newer versions will remove the "javascript:" from the beginning when you try to paste it into the address bar, so you may have to add it back in at the front to have it actually run. I tested in current versions of Firefox, Chrome, and IE.... and it seemed to work well enough.

I tried this on Firefox and it does not work.

05-10-12, 9:42 PM
Forum Moderator

I'll find an all-browser solution when I have some time.

05-11-12, 2:54 PM

saka said:

I'll find an all-browser solution when I have some time.

Thanks so much, that was perfect! It works now.

04-16-13, 6:09 AM

I finally did it, thanks so much.

Pages (5) -3 -2 [-1] 0 1 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices