Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2008 12:56 PM
Jun 2007
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
sweet, no new One Piece chapter for 3 weeks....wait, what?

Oda sure is building up this arc real slow. I'm hoping that the Supernovas clash with the Strawhats, that sure would be something. and the coating master is 100 times stronger than Luffy?! exaggeration much?

Apr 25, 2008 8:36 PM

May 2007
Holy shit. Just by introducing all these huge ass bounty pirates, Oda has even further set up this arc to be something monumental!! I wonder how many of these guys have Devil Fruit powers. And I wonder if Captain Kid is really worth 315,000,000. I mean, rivaling Shickibuki, it sounds like it. But Shakky made it sound like he simply a wuss who picks of people much weaker than him.

I'm soooo psyched. 3 weeks? Too long of a wait.
Apr 25, 2008 9:04 PM

Aug 2007
Whoo that was awesome. The intro of all the new pirates was awesome. Also Trafalgar Law seems to have the same mark as DoFlamingo. Same mark perhaps?

Also why 3 weeks? Goldenweek is next week and I didn't see anything that said Oda would be taking another week break. So it's only 2 weeks.
Apr 25, 2008 9:59 PM

Oct 2007
Pretty badass, coating guy probably stops the place from burning all to the ground.

Apr 25, 2008 10:25 PM
Sep 2007
I love Oda he is the most awesome ever, look at all these new kick ass Pirates, with each new arc everything is just getting more super awesome!
Hi
Apr 25, 2008 10:56 PM

May 2006
Wow, that's a lot of new rivals. I could see this arc going on for a while, or at the very least some of these characters will continue onto future arcs.

Apr 25, 2008 11:59 PM

Jan 2007
christ. all those new rivals. crazy stuff.
Apr 26, 2008 12:22 AM

Oct 2007
Hemsko said:
Wow, that's a lot of new rivals. I could see this arc going on for a while, or at the very least some of these characters will continue onto future arcs.

Feel the same way, great impact...
The strongest look like the "Kid" pirates as they are like the Straw-hat crew, two strong members and both those are slight higher than Zoro and Luffy :P
Really interesting, cant wait!!!
Apr 26, 2008 12:35 AM

Jan 2008
I predict a huge increase in Strawhat bounties by the end of this arc =)

Apr 26, 2008 2:17 AM

Jun 2007
The best thing is EVERY crew member is probably going to get his/her chance to shine ^^
Apr 26, 2008 5:09 AM

Aug 2007
I doubt that. Since they are all Pirate captains..which mean they have at least done something great to be called that.
Apr 26, 2008 6:08 AM

Sep 2007
Darkreaper70 said:
I doubt that. Since they are all Pirate captains..which mean they have at least done something great to be called that.

Nah, I don't think so, I think everyone will get to fight one Captain...that Surgeon guy and Chopper usw. or something like that...

Apr 26, 2008 6:46 AM
Sep 2007
I can see luffy getting into a eating contest with that one lady pirate, hehe :)
Hi
Apr 26, 2008 7:54 AM

May 2007
mulderman said:
The best thing is EVERY crew member is probably going to get his/her chance to shine ^^

Could be a possibility. Still, there are too many unknowns still about to tell. Like the Tenryuubito. They may make some of these guys their slaves.
Apr 26, 2008 7:58 AM

Aug 2007
Trineas said:
Darkreaper70 said:

Nah, I don't think so, I think everyone will get to fight one Captain...that Surgeon guy and Chopper usw. or something like that...

It's not like all the SH are that strong enough to battle captains that have 100+ million bounties. Besides, so far the SH have been fighting either a group or a crew. These people are captians of seperate crews alike.

Also that Chopper won't be able to handle that "surgeon guy". If you look closely, he has DoFlamingo's mark. With a bounty of 200million AND that mark means he is dangerous and the possiblity of Chopper winning is zero to none.
Apr 26, 2008 9:03 AM

Jun 2007
I freaking love it when they introduce new characters, especially really strong ones. I hope we get to see some cool fights.
Apr 26, 2008 9:26 AM

Dec 2007
loved it! yet again Oda makes a chapter seem longer than it really is! Psyched to see what'll happen next :p shame it's a three-week break, but i'm sure Oda will have built up alot of new scenarios by then!
Apr 26, 2008 9:30 AM

May 2007
Darkreaper70 said:

Also that Chopper won't be able to handle that "surgeon guy". If you look closely, he has DoFlamingo's mark. With a bounty of 200million AND that mark means he is dangerous and the possiblity of Chopper winning is zero to none.

Well, unless Chopper goes berserk again like in Enies Lobby. I can't imagine many people stopping him in that form. ^_^

But yeah, I noticed the DoFlamingo mark as well. I've been impatiently waiting for him to make an entrance into the story once again. Here's hoping that this will lead to it.
Apr 26, 2008 10:29 AM
Jun 2007
I've checked both Mangahelpers.com and the ArlongPark forums and both state that Oda will be taking an additional week off after Golden Week so don't expect a new chapter until around May 18. the info posted on those sites are reliable but if turns out to be false, no harm done, that's 2 weeks instead of 3. =D

IMO, at this point in the story, bounties don't mean shit. remember that this is the crew that pulled off the impossible when they charged onto the impregnable Enies Lobby and took down Cipher Pol 9. of which not a single member was a pushover so saying that they have no chance is a bit of a stretch. at that point, only 3 of the SH had a bounty.

hell, Luffy might even be able to take 2 of these rookies at the same time.
Apr 26, 2008 3:17 PM

May 2007
Avarice said:
IMO, at this point in the story, bounties don't mean shit. remember that this is the crew that pulled off the impossible when they charged onto the impregnable Enies Lobby and took down Cipher Pol 9. of which not a single member was a pushover so saying that they have no chance is a bit of a stretch. at that point, only 3 of the SH had a bounty.

You do bring up a valid point. The SH were able to bring down all of CP9 with only Luffy and Zoro having bounties. Even Nami and Chopper stepped up big time to play a significant role in that battle.

However, each SH fighting each captain would be an obvious path to take. Also, don't all of these captains have crews too? And its not like these Supernovas are going to team up against the SH unless they do something outrageous against all of them.

Again, I have a feeling the Tenryuubito are going to play an important role in all of this. The fact that they were revealed last chapter and Oda saying that they take strong captains as their slaves, it definitely makes sense that they may take a few of them as their captives or something. Or even eye Luffy or other of the crew. Who knows.

And plus, we're not even AT Merman Island yet. That's what blows my mind. All of this info revealed before hand, it makes me wonder how this is going to tie together with their trip to Merman Island.

Haha, and let's not forget Luffy was grouped with the term "rookies" by Shakky too.
Apr 26, 2008 3:44 PM
Jun 2007
vindemon64 said:
Avarice said:

You do bring up a valid point. The SH were able to bring down all of CP9 with only Luffy and Zoro having bounties. Even Nami and Chopper stepped up big time to play a significant role in that battle.

However, each SH fighting each captain would be an obvious path to take. Also, don't all of these captains have crews too? And its not like these Supernovas are going to team up against the SH unless they do something outrageous against all of them.

Again, I have a feeling the Tenryuubito are going to play an important role in all of this. The fact that they were revealed last chapter and Oda saying that they take strong captains as their slaves, it definitely makes sense that they may take a few of them as their captives or something. Or even eye Luffy or other of the crew. Who knows.

And plus, we're not even AT Merman Island yet. That's what blows my mind. All of this info revealed before hand, it makes me wonder how this is going to tie together with their trip to Merman Island.

Haha, and let's not forget Luffy was grouped with the term "rookies" by Shakky too.

I'd like to clarify something first, while I do hope that the SH and the other Supernovas get into some sort of battle royale, I'm guessing it won't happen. what they're doing right now is gauging each other's capabilities and assessing the competition. if one of the crews seem like they could take out another crew without exhausting themselves, then they might go ahead with it. this is still within the proximity of the WG's turf, being reckless wouldn't make much sense.

I agree with the Tenryuubito will be more significant as this arc progresses. both in terms of plot progression and Rayleigh's "disappearance" could be related to this matter.
Apr 28, 2008 7:25 PM
Sep 2006
awesome! i just started reading the one piece manga from the thriller bark arc! and wow.. new characters with high bounties this is gonna be a pain waiting for the anime lol.
anyways i know there's going to be a 3 week break, but regularly is there a chapter released weekly?
Apr 28, 2008 11:20 PM

Oct 2007
God I really hope Sanji doesnt have to fight that glutton chick. We'll have entire chapters of him doing nothing but cooking for her.
Apr 30, 2008 10:35 AM

Dec 2007
lecor said:
awesome! i just started reading the one piece manga from the thriller bark arc! and wow.. new characters with high bounties this is gonna be a pain waiting for the anime lol.
anyways i know there's going to be a 3 week break, but regularly is there a chapter released weekly?

yes, it's weekly released. But on some occasions, like this one Oda might take breaks
May 16, 2008 2:04 PM
Jul 2007
holy crap!!!

i thought this archipelago was just gonna be a little filler thing, but now i'm seeing a huge arc happening instead.
Sep 29, 2010 6:39 AM

Oct 2008
Wow, nice to see the supernova 11.

And how much can that woman eat? I wonder who would win between her and Luffy in an eating contest.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Apr 18, 2015 11:57 AM

Feb 2014
Nice to see the Eleven Supernovas! So, Eustass Kid has a higher bounty than Luffy, cool. And who is this craftsman guy, he's 100 times stronger?! Can't wait to see who it is...

Lol, the SBS for this chapter was hilarious, Oda-sensei's science lesson!
SpiritGTApr 18, 2015 12:01 PM
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
May 3, 2015 11:46 AM

Feb 2011
Yes, I hope Sanji won't be fighting the gluttonous woman. >.>

Really good to see Trafalgar Law making his appearance, I've been wanting to read about him for a long time.
眠れないのは君のせい
Oct 18, 2017 12:19 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
more characters, more pirates in Grand Line!!!
Dec 22, 2017 1:19 PM

Feb 2013
The Supernovas are here!
Sep 8, 2018 10:36 AM

Dec 2015
So many interesting pirates!!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 13, 2020 10:27 PM

Jun 2017
And I bet these renowned pirates also knew about the Straw hat pirates of course!

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
May 27, 2020 2:25 AM

Jan 2011
Jesus, that's a lot of new faces to remember.
May 27, 2020 3:23 AM

Nov 2012
ReaperCreeper said:
Jesus, that's a lot of new faces to remember.

Dont worry, most of them will become unforgettable in the future.
Dec 2, 2020 8:16 PM
May 2020
So. Much. Fascinating. Exposition.
Sep 25, 2022 12:57 PM

May 2021
That last guy named Surgeon of Death seems like a guy worth keeping an eye on.

Oct 12, 2023 6:23 AM

Jan 2021
So much introduction to new characters! Capone, Bonney, Hawkins, Kidd, Apoo, Drake, Urouge, Killer and Law!!! So much characters!!! I can kinda tell who will stay important tbh, LAW seems like he's sticking around mainly based off of his appearance lol

Also this guy who's gonna coat the ship is 100 times stronger than the StrawHats?

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 5 Discussion

JoquishaJoestar - Jan 19, 2010

32 by vsuc »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Yesterday

2 by FMmatron »»
Yesterday, 12:54 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1111 Discussion

FMmatron - Mar 19

47 by Zorowork »»
Yesterday, 2:27 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 768 Discussion

YerinArelius - Nov 19, 2014

47 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 14, 2:50 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 975 Discussion

MegamiRem - Mar 20, 2020

32 by _MI_lk_ »»
Apr 13, 1:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.