Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 25, 2008 3:26 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode really reminded me of Trigun
Trigun spoiler:

Also, I was surprised that it was Wim's father who shot Johan, but what really surprised me was that Tenma will save Johan again =S

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details. Not everyone in this thread has seen Trigun.
LunaJan 27, 2015 2:37 AM
Jun 21, 2008 3:54 PM

Apr 2008
Irony.
Jul 13, 2008 4:46 AM

May 2008
Now now OP don't spoil Trigun. ;(

Ah well nice ep. I'm happy detective Lurch survived.
Jul 22, 2008 7:52 PM
Jul 2008
I loved the ending to this episode. Johan may have been evil, but this shows that anyone can change for the better.
Sep 17, 2008 8:21 PM

Jun 2008
i was really surprised that tenma wasn't the shooter
Oct 23, 2008 5:41 AM

Feb 2008
Wow, talk about an epic episode.
Oct 30, 2008 12:04 PM

Oct 2008
What ever did Wim's father see just before shooting him?

Bari bari, gusha gusha, baki baki, gokun
Dec 29, 2008 11:34 PM

Jun 2008
That was just Art.

The seven heads thing is from the intro I think...like the description of the "Monster."
Jan 7, 2009 5:57 PM
Jan 2009
the scene in the landscape of the end was the best...two of my favorite reoccurring scenes showed up...Johann putting a finger on his forehead and Tenma struggling to shoot him.....amazing anime, my favorite
I feel as though Death Note was simply entertainment compared to this.
Mar 29, 2009 6:10 PM

Nov 2008
^Seconded.I love it how Tenma decided to save him again.
Mar 31, 2009 6:01 AM

Apr 2008
I was on the edge of my seat the whole time .. amazing anime. Didn't see that coming, when Wim's dad shot Johan. Simply a well planned out story .. one more episode to finish everything but i'm sure they'll do a job =]
Apr 11, 2009 2:58 AM

Jul 2008
So Tenma ends up having not killed anyone, and only someone who saves lives.
Jul 12, 2009 8:43 AM

May 2009
Oooohhh, the irony...
Aug 15, 2009 12:43 PM

Jul 2009
If I could rate this episode higher than 5, I would. It was perfection; anime perfection.

robosapien said:
That was just Art.

The seven heads thing is from the intro I think...like the description of the "Monster."

The seven heads beast is an excerpt from the bible. It symbolises the anti-christ and empowerment from Satan. Hence, Johan represents pure evil.
Zell182Aug 15, 2009 12:47 PM
Aug 15, 2009 11:30 PM

Jan 2009
If there is a word beyond 'Epic' please... someone rank this series as it.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Aug 30, 2009 5:38 AM
Jun 2009
Hmm, wonder what happens when he saves Johan. Maybe it'll end up like those horror halloween movies where the character keeps waking up to the same horror every day; ie "OMFG IT NEVER ENDS!" Hope not D=
Dec 21, 2009 2:50 PM
Dec 2009
could any1 help me with finding the song... the intrumental song at the end of the episode when tenma decide to save johan again... that song we can hear it in alot of the monster episode but just can seem to find it... no lyric so i have no clue of what the name but it too OP ...i have to have it!!!!
Dec 24, 2009 5:05 PM

Feb 2009
Mikiyo said:
If there is a word beyond 'Epic' please... someone rank this series as it.

YES.
Feb 2, 2010 6:14 AM

Jan 2009
perfect!

but i couldnt get why Nina forgives him? and what is that 'memory' thing?? did they explain or did i just miss it?
Feb 13, 2010 11:46 AM
Oct 2009
how did johan change?

tenma should of shot him and empty 2 bullets on em
May 30, 2010 8:28 PM

Sep 2008
Whoa, did Tenma and Mamiko Noto just run through all these episodes without killing anyone? I'm so proud of Mamiko Noto. <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2010 7:12 PM

Jan 2010
That was crazy. I still wish it was Tenma who shot him though.
\
Jul 27, 2010 9:19 AM

May 2010
Epic..

I was relieved that Wim's father was the shooter and not Tenma..

Tenma is not really suited to hold a gun coz he ended up in just staring his target.. :D

Except for Roberto's case.. His hands are for saving not for killing..

Thank God, Lunge is alive..

Well, looks like Tenma is going to revive again the monst --

*Goes back to watch the last ep*
Oct 23, 2010 4:29 PM

Jun 2009
I'm surprised there wasn't more backlash from this episode. I figured more people would be like "omg, I would you save him. He's pure evil lol.." I'm glad most of the people on these forums realize the message.

Life is equal no matter who it is. Sure, it leaves a partially bad taste in my mouth that Johann may live when he is responsible for killing all these people. But, it is never anybody's right to end a life.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 23, 2010 5:50 PM

Mar 2010
o wow so tenma in the end did not shoot, how profound, the kids dad did him a favor
to bad he was taken in, funny how tenma is going to work on johan now, looks like runge survived awesome now he could clear everything up and make things make more sense since he is a actual officer and a detective

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 30, 2010 5:11 PM

Nov 2009
I have a feeling Tenma was really, really about to shoot him! Now when i think about it, i am absolutely sure he was going to pull the triger. But Wim's dad was first xD.
Feb 17, 2011 11:06 PM

Nov 2010
what the hell, that was so anti-climatic after all that buildup.
May 21, 2011 4:45 AM

Oct 2008
What a twist.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jun 30, 2011 12:56 AM

Nov 2008
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! I KNEW TENMA COULDN'T SHOOT...HE COULD NEVER AND NEVER WILL BE ABLE TO SHOOT...STOP EVEN TRYING!!!....even if no one interrupted him, he would've just stood there in the same pose going AHHHHHHHH IM GOING SHOOT (NOT REALLY!!!)...

I love how the one to shoot Johan was actually some minor character who was barely introduced...proves Tenma's absolute uselessness as a main character or a charcter in general...and dammit Roberto just die...gaaaaahhhh

AND THE HELL IS WITH EVERY ONE JUST FORGIVING JOHAN!!!!....ohhhh he had a sad past so its totally okay that he mass murdered who knows how many of innocent people, pushed who knows how many other people to suicide, and just plain out fucked up peoples lives...but nooo he gets forgiven, and SAVED...AGAIN...i know he's needed for information but still, Tenma needs to stop acting....the whole series, "I'm going to end it all!!" no...no your not...your going to follow him around at his pace, be slightly useful,irritate me, make stupid decisions, irritate me, be slightly less useful, irritate me, disappear, lecture people, and finally just become extremely useless, oh did i mention, irritate me??

The whole episode I was like "I KNEW HE COULDN'T SHOOT, ARE YOU SERIOUS, I HATE EVERYTHING!!!"...no....just no!!!...at least I have Runge finally not upsetting me

To make things clear, I'm not pissed because Tenma didn't shoot, I understand if he thinks every life is equal and wants to go around saving them. I'm pissed because the whole anime, he's chasing Johan around, being a hypocrite, acting like he's actually going to do something. It was all this build up, where absolutely nothing happened...thus I am dissapoint.
SickeninglySweetJun 30, 2011 1:07 AM
Aug 8, 2011 8:26 PM

Jun 2008
No freaking way. This show is a total 11/10
Aug 20, 2011 1:09 PM

Mar 2010
Why was Roberto denied to view the Final Scene?

That's some signature, eh?
Aug 22, 2011 11:54 AM

May 2009
PnkRxPrncss said:
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! I KNEW TENMA COULDN'T SHOOT...HE COULD NEVER AND NEVER WILL BE ABLE TO SHOOT...STOP EVEN TRYING!!!....even if no one interrupted him, he would've just stood there in the same pose going AHHHHHHHH IM GOING SHOOT (NOT REALLY!!!)...

I love how the one to shoot Johan was actually some minor character who was barely introduced...proves Tenma's absolute uselessness as a main character or a charcter in general...and dammit Roberto just die...gaaaaahhhh

AND THE HELL IS WITH EVERY ONE JUST FORGIVING JOHAN!!!!....ohhhh he had a sad past so its totally okay that he mass murdered who knows how many of innocent people, pushed who knows how many other people to suicide, and just plain out fucked up peoples lives...but nooo he gets forgiven, and SAVED...AGAIN...i know he's needed for information but still, Tenma needs to stop acting....the whole series, "I'm going to end it all!!" no...no your not...your going to follow him around at his pace, be slightly useful,irritate me, make stupid decisions, irritate me, be slightly less useful, irritate me, disappear, lecture people, and finally just become extremely useless, oh did i mention, irritate me??

The whole episode I was like "I KNEW HE COULDN'T SHOOT, ARE YOU SERIOUS, I HATE EVERYTHING!!!"...no....just no!!!...at least I have Runge finally not upsetting me

To make things clear, I'm not pissed because Tenma didn't shoot, I understand if he thinks every life is equal and wants to go around saving them. I'm pissed because the whole anime, he's chasing Johan around, being a hypocrite, acting like he's actually going to do something. It was all this build up, where absolutely nothing happened...thus I am dissapoint.

That's true, but Tenma would've, also, been a hypocrite if he shot Johan. Morals, oh, morals where art thou? Why art thou abandoning me and making me look like a wretched fool?

Plus, Nina forgave Johan because let's face it shit's hit the fan so hard she almost never forgave him. And if she never forgave him, his blood would be on her hands. However, in Johan's perspective it is completely normal and acceptable to be insane in a world like ours (when very little is fair or free), but even he seemed to want some kind of acknowledgment from Nina. I thought it was okay for Nina to say she forgave him. It wouldn't really be okay if it was anybody else, however, I think they both needed acknowledgment from their real mother. IF their mother had acknowledged them both, Nina would've possibly been able to forgive Johan sooner.

Mixon said:

Roberto didn't kill enough people, obviously, that's why. *Shrug* I don't know.
Dec 31, 2011 11:06 PM

Oct 2011
it waould be so hard to forgive him............
Feb 22, 2012 1:12 PM

Oct 2009
my oh my, was at the edge of my seat the whole time! hmm hope the last ep wraps it up nicely ^^
Mar 23, 2012 11:53 AM

Mar 2010
good guy tenma :)
Mar 26, 2012 12:48 AM

Mar 2009
Well it was decent, not that interesting.
Apr 20, 2012 11:37 AM

Apr 2009
I don't even know what to think. First we get 70+ episodes of Tenma chasing some psycho, wishing to kill him, and at the end not only he can't shoot him but even performs surgery on him again! Heck, can't stand such type of dramatic characters. >< And what score i'm supposed to give this anime now? Most episodes were good, some even epic, but this one alone makes me want to rate it a 1.
Jun 15, 2012 3:01 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Incredible. I'm speechless. The irony of it all, Tenma saving Johan again.

Tenma is a healer, not a killer.

What an episode. Amazing stuff.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 19, 2012 3:51 AM

Jul 2009
Mixon said:

From what we've been told, Johan has only allowed General Wolf and Tenma to see the final scene. The main thing those two have in common is that they both saved Johan when he was on the brink of death. Maybe allowing the two of them to see the final scene is his twisted way of repaying them.
Oct 2, 2012 11:34 AM

Nov 2009
No it kind of makes sense why Tenma is going to save Johann, It was more a story of looking deeply into how a monster was created. The very end shows that 1 single event was the difference between being a monster and not being a monster when Nina remembers Poppe telling her not to become a monster. You take two identical twins and get two completely different outcomes from just one phrase. Also the bit about Dr. Tenma saving Johann again is really just to play in to his character, he will always do what is right, it shows that he still deep down believes that all lives are equal. If he didn't do this Tenma would instead be some panzy that can't even stay true to his convictions.
Nov 25, 2012 10:41 PM

Mar 2012
In the end Tenma really is meant to save lives, not end them.
Dec 2, 2012 3:43 PM

Feb 2011
Pirating_Ninja said:
No it kind of makes sense why Tenma is going to save Johann, It was more a story of looking deeply into how a monster was created. The very end shows that 1 single event was the difference between being a monster and not being a monster when Nina remembers Poppe telling her not to become a monster. You take two identical twins and get two completely different outcomes from just one phrase. Also the bit about Dr. Tenma saving Johann again is really just to play in to his character, he will always do what is right, it shows that he still deep down believes that all lives are equal. If he didn't do this Tenma would instead be some panzy that can't even stay true to his convictions.

Pretty much my sentiments.

I was really glad Tenma didn't pull the trigger because it would have ruined everything he had grown to stand for.
Dec 20, 2012 5:06 PM
Aug 2012
The irony is that I watched this episode that is called "scenery for the doomsday" on the day 21/12/2012 that some people believed it is the "doomsday"!!
Dec 21, 2012 1:55 PM

Feb 2012
Touching Episode :(

So Johan appeared Tenma and tried to still convience him to eliminate him. But when he was just about eliminate Win's father saved whole situation.

It was weird to see Robeto could walk after from those wounds he got from the Lunge. But still he just collapsed to ground.

Also it was sad Bonaparta was eliminated too. And that was great Nina rushed to scene before Tenma could do anything stupid.

It was really sad moments when officers came and asked about it eveyone was just staying quiet and feeling miserable. And Wim tried to tell officers that hos father was just try to protect him.

But in the end the show's start is going to remake scene here. What I mean that Tenma still want's to help Johan. I wonder if Johan can become good human anymore it's going to decide final episode.

5/5
Dec 26, 2012 3:25 PM

Nov 2011
And in the end..Johan is still an evil bastard bend on becoming the last man standing on Earth..the final scene seems to reflect on the scenes from the beginning of the series.

Well, time to see how it goes towards the finale~
Jan 30, 2013 11:05 AM

Jan 2012
Second time he survived shot in the head? Bullshit.

Feb 28, 2013 3:18 PM
Aug 2011
We're back at square one.

I'm not sure I could call this episode "epic", but that sequence where it looked like Tenma had shot Johan and it was actually the drunkard, was brilliantly directed.

Also glad that Lunge made it and Roberto died.
Mar 14, 2013 5:50 PM

Aug 2010
AlexSadist-sama said:
Well it was decent, not that interesting.

Unfortunately im going to have to second this.
Apr 29, 2013 10:04 AM

Apr 2013
Is Johan immortal? Or maybe his head is empty.
Anyway that was an epic episode. I'm glad that Runge is alive and Roberto is dead.
May 9, 2013 6:00 AM

Oct 2012
Yeah, irony in the end. And great dilemma for Tenma. His choice to save Wim's father from jail and preserve his peaceful childhood was right.

Great episode for even greater anime. Conclusion is coming.

And now for ressurrection of monster, take two.

isobel said:
but i couldnt get why Nina forgives him?

he is still her brother, no matter what.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 5, 2008

114 by egeD19 »»
Apr 17, 10:03 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babykeiji - Apr 23, 2008

623 by Animequeen_xx »»
Apr 13, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 11, 2008

134 by Ajanokoyna »»
Apr 13, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 55 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Apr 15, 2008

70 by Dekuforce5 »»
Apr 13, 3:15 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 4, 2008

106 by wallus81 »»
Apr 8, 10:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.