Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 25, 2008 1:45 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
lolz "dont worry, everything is gonna happy"????????? translation at its best
May 19, 2008 8:09 PM

Aug 2007
And its over. I'm kinda sad. Was pretty good overall. Though there were some flaws, it is like 6 years old, so I'll cut it some slack.

And those were two long ass minutes.

Overall: 8/10. Chidori is <3

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Jun 7, 2008 5:35 AM

Mar 2008
this anime is really good, i wish the TSR will be great too
Jul 12, 2008 11:37 AM
Jul 2018
Weak story, multiple plot holes (especially towards the end), poorly animated battle scenes (nothing but closeups), enemies with the WORST aim imaginable.... but., "don't worry, everything gonna happy" made me laugh. 6/10
Jul 19, 2008 12:26 PM

Jun 2008
I don't know if I was fully satisfied with the ending battle.
"Don't worry, everything gonna happy" was great though
Sep 20, 2008 9:59 PM

Jun 2008
nice series 8/10
Sep 29, 2008 5:18 PM

Nov 2007
Engrih ftw!
And the mechas looked like they were making out/rapiong eachother. add the Gauron being gay for Kashimu...man.
Good series. 9/10
Oct 18, 2008 7:35 AM

Aug 2007
MaiZorbescu said:
Engrih ftw!
And the mechas looked like they were making out/rapiong eachother. add the Gauron being gay for Kashimu...man.

That was a REALLY stupid twist... I didn't like how they ended things, but I guess this series didn't need a good ending since the rest of it was so boring anyway
Nov 17, 2008 3:56 AM
Jul 2018
MaiZorbescu said:
Engrih ftw!
Good series. 9/10

LMAO i was gonna say that xD
Nov 20, 2008 4:45 PM

Sep 2008
OK i think that the story was great, it had comedy, action drama mecha. what else do you want. and as for the animation it old so cut it some slack. for me the arm slaves were well designed. i did expect a little more from the last battle though.
Nov 26, 2008 2:44 PM

Jan 2008
Well, it certainly had a little of everything :-/
Enjoyable to watch, but not great in any way.
~de Arimasu
Dec 15, 2008 6:54 PM

Mar 2008
Decent Comedy, Decent Action. This anime seems to attempt to do both well, but IMO fails at delivering a satisfying experience in either. Overall the plot was shallow, and the characters were rather dull.

On the plus side I enjoyed the military aspects of the anime, and thought that they pulled it off relatively well. The Arm Slaves were more realistic than the mobile suits in your typical mecha anime. The sub battle at the end was also well done.

Overall, 6/10.

I have heard good things about the second season, so I will probably eventually watch it as well.

"There is no such thing as God in this world." -Setsuna F. Seiei
Jan 13, 2009 11:47 AM

Dec 2008
Gauron: "I love you, Kashim."

Well that was a surprising line! MaiZorbescu above took this in a romantic sense. I wonder if it was just the respect Gauron felt for his adversary or whether that interpretation is plausible.

Even if it was deep respect and admiration for his arch rival, "I love you", seems a bit odd in English. Perhaps someone can clarify with the more precise meaning of the original Japanese?

Alternatively, I wonder if it was an ironic final taunt as Gauron prepared to blow them both to hell. Certainly a curious line in any case.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Jan 24, 2009 8:59 PM

Aug 2008
Terrorist aren't normal, they can't be predicted. What a catchy phrase ... used often these days.

Well better then Gundam first season on my opinion. Less mecca and more of else. Good job done.

Jan 30, 2009 7:13 PM
Sep 2008
About Gauron's line "I love you, Kashim!" -- in Japanese, Gauron actually says "Aishiteru ze", which literally means "I love you" with all the romantic and sexual connotations attached to it. It is definitely not a milder version such as "I like you". Don't forget, he also calls him "honey" twice. The meaning there was pretty much obvious... And yes, it is (sort of) explained in the next novel, on which Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid is based. While in TSR that specific part is not animated, the novel makes it quite clear what Gauron's intentions were. And they weren't at all nice...

As you can see, explaining the exact reasons behind this line will unfortunately mean big spoilers. All I can say is that your guess regarding Gauron's admiration for Sousuke (or rather, for "Kashim") is correct, but it also goes way beyond that. Irony wasn't really a big part of it, as he was in fact stating the truth...

I strongly advise you to read the novels, really. It's all in there, black on white. ^.~
Feb 1, 2009 12:23 AM

Jan 2009
very enjoyable anime series. Satisfied with the ending, now onto the sequels!
9/10- GREAT!

Feb 6, 2009 6:41 PM

Oct 2007
As an ending to the 1st season it was kind of disappointing, but it wasn't really supposed to be the true ending, anyways, so I thought it was OK.
May 3, 2009 9:17 PM

Jun 2008
don't worry everything is gonna happy?? hahaha.. what do you mean by that? haha.. anyway.. its done now... that was quite good.. i loved the ending... that was so sweet of sousuke.. that was his own secret place right? awwww.... especially saying that he can do anything if he's with chidori. haha :p.. but a whale??? hahaha fishing..
Jun 14, 2009 11:40 AM

Apr 2009
Ok, I can not decide weather "Dont worry, everything is gonna be happy" was done on purpose or not. I really hope it was, because thats a really dumb mistake to make, even though it was hilarious.

The ending was alright, I would have been disappointed if I didnt already know that it has another season, but since I do, Im alright with that ending.

Jul 3, 2009 12:08 PM
May 2008
That was the longest two minutes I have ever seen... and everything was way too perfect for those final scenes with Gauron... so the ending gets a 6/10.

Overall the series was very enjoyable but had a paper thin plot which was only really carried by the enjoyable characters. Most of the action was forgettable but the comedy made up for it imo. Hopefully the sequels will make up for the first seasons mistakes... and even with all that being said I still enjoyed this season so, 8/10.

Of course I have to bring up... "Don't worry, Everything gonna happy" such a wonderful translation... <_<
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jul 7, 2009 7:50 AM

Apr 2008
It was a very good series. The ending did seem a bit too perfect and some of the battles did seem forgetable but the comedy in some episodes made up for some. The storyline was good but it could have been better. That is probably why they needed more seasons to explain it better. Even with all of that I liked the characters, comedy and some of the battles. I would give it a 9/10 and heres to the next series even better.
Jul 11, 2009 3:16 AM

Sep 2008
8/10
the more serious episodes weren't that good i recon...
Jul 20, 2009 8:28 PM

Jul 2008
true...the romance was a lot better than those pointless fight sequences that go nowhere..
Jul 21, 2009 5:42 AM

May 2009
"Don't worry, everything is gonna happy <3"

Yeah... idk lol. The ending seemed kinda rushed :x The story was okay, the fillers were meh, and I would've enjoyed it a lot more if they had cut down on the fillers and put more story into it. I like Sousuke, Melissa and Kurz lol. Kaname annoyed me and so did Tess, but they got better.

The last scene? I guess it was nice with the "I'm only showing you my special place!" but it was so... it just didn't seem like an ending. Nothing was explained D: Well I guess that's why there's TSR lol.
Sep 10, 2009 5:26 PM

Nov 2008
Didn't like it -_-
Mostly boring, the only thing I liked was the characters, animation, and the romance.
Rant:
/rant
Sep 25, 2009 12:33 PM

Jul 2009
This Anime Me Was Great I Gave it a 9/10 Starting season 2 late on 2day xD
Oct 16, 2009 1:02 AM
Jul 2009
Great series. I really like how this show balanced the pacing between action/story and filler/comedy. Even though the ending was pretty generic I wasn't really ever bored the whole way through.
Oct 29, 2009 7:44 PM

Oct 2009
I didn't like the ending. It had so much more potential I think. I guess only Gauron could kill Gauron. I actually have my suspicions that he still isn't really dead. Who knew he had the hots for Sousuke, I guess it became a love square at the end lol!
Nov 14, 2009 2:47 PM

Mar 2008
Not a bad finish. Really the whole thing has weird implications when you think about it. Gauron and Sousuke were in AS wrestling on top of the sub which was one with Chidori at the time. So pretty much it's Sousuke and Gauron wrestling on top of Chidori. Some final battle there....

Anyways the personal stuff wasn't bad. Sousuke showing Chidori that spot and saying when with her he feels he can do anything :). Well suppose that's fair since Chidori pretty much won that final battle with bringing them up to the deck and then launching Gauron.

Still what a great line "Don't worry, Everything gonna happy". Chidori needs to work on her English.

Good thing Sousuke didn't win that bingo though. Kiss of death apparently.
Nov 22, 2009 2:16 PM

Apr 2009
"Don't worry,everything is gonna happy" engrish ftw

btw,this anime was good,nothing REALLY good but I liked the comedy and the military aspects.

Overall: 7/10
Dec 23, 2009 8:24 AM

Oct 2009
Very weak in the beginning of the series. But I really liked the last 5 episodes, and I thought it was a good ending. 5/10
Mar 10, 2010 2:02 PM

Jun 2009
=_=

Normally, the last arc of a series is what define a show... or at least make it memorable.

FMP! did not deliver in the last arc at all. I spent most of my time thinking how stupid the whole arc is. Overrated series IMO.

This show just doesn't cut it to me. The only decent(slight) arc is the hijack one, the first introduction of Lambda Driver and Arbelest.

Didn't live up to my expectation, not even close.
5/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2010 5:02 PM

Jun 2009
6/10 - Weber was the only enjoyable part of this series.
May 3, 2010 10:41 AM

Sep 2008
What a terrible piece of crap. This Anime failed to deliver on everything it tried to do.

Mecha: Horrible, mech designs where forgettable and uninteresting. On top of that why where they fucking emoting? that's fucking stupid. Also why did some move realistically while others jump around like Cracked out Ninjas? Oh I forgot they are more advanced, I guess when your ahead by a couple years development physics stop applying to you. Lets not for forget the Lambda driver which is just code name bullshit for "I win Button"

Military Intrigue: Bad, just more examples of crappy writers who like to pretend they know how a military organization works.

Comedy: Bland, Cliche crap that I've seen 1000 times and not getting any funnier.

Romance: Barely there and mostly forgettable.

Action: Uninteresting, uninspired, The dumbest of it being, Souske has more trouble fighting fucking Grunts then he did fighting Gouron.

Characters: Abysmally bad. A bunch of cliche main characters and a handful of worthless cannon fodder. I've never seen an anime so afraid of killing off it's main cast. The main characters where put in potions that where mostly kill them, and your made to believe they are dead, but in the end they walk away with nothing more then a bruise. While other shitty side characters are created for the soul purpose of dying and creating Fuax drama.

The main cast was the worst of the characters. I actually liked most of the side characters then them.

Souske: typical shounen hero, who is given the most powerful mech in the lot because it conveniences the plot.

Chidori: I don't even know why she was in even the damn anime, she was completely useless and I think the writers knew this so they just made her a whispered so she would at least be slightly relevant to the plot.

Melissa: Typical drunk bimbo sex pot

Weber: Cause the show needed a perv

Tessarossa: Add because the show needed a bumbling moe blob and a love rival for Chidori, for a romance that wasn't there.

Gouron: God I've never seen a worst villain, dies 3 fucking times and magically survives, just because it was too tough to write a new non crappy Villain that wasn't evil just because. I laughed when souske said " I'm gonna kill you" at the end because he failed miserably 3 times before, Apparently the only hardcore mercenary that doesn't check a god damn body.

Basically the anime tried to do alot of things but failed horribly in every single aspect. I think that this stands an example of why not to let Gonzo do anime anymore, because Kyoto managed to do everything perfectly in TSR that gonzo failed so hard at.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Jul 4, 2010 12:28 AM

Jun 2010
Good meha. An interesting and fascinating story (look for 2 days). Enjoyable characters.
Aug 15, 2010 10:59 PM

May 2010
This was enjoyable.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Oct 6, 2010 1:10 PM
Jun 2010
gr33nhippo said:
Weak story, multiple plot holes (especially towards the end), poorly animated battle scenes (nothing but closeups), enemies with the WORST aim imaginable.... but., "don't worry, everything gonna happy" made me laugh. 6/10

same, i was like wtf...
Oct 26, 2010 5:21 PM

May 2010
5 bucks Gauron was caught by kaname.
Oct 28, 2010 3:18 PM

May 2010
I thought this series was charming despite its faults. It really had the right ingredients, they were just mixed together a bit clumsily. This ending was especially clumsy, definitely not pulling off what it was going for, despite some ace moments. Despite that, I really enjoyed this show and definitely give it a 7/10.
“Money can't buy dere”
Dec 16, 2010 6:01 PM

Jan 2010
Very forgettable series. Characters were dull/cliche and the story was weak. But hands down the worst part of this series had to be the awful, cheesy music.
Dec 28, 2010 8:02 AM

Dec 2009
gr33nhippo said:

Add to this that the first couple episodes had humor but that eventually got replaced with extra mech action. I kept hoping the humor would come back. Probably 6/10 for me as well.
Such junk...
Mar 26, 2011 4:22 PM

Sep 2010
ending was expected
somewhere around 6~7 for me

Apr 10, 2011 2:29 PM

Jul 2009
Not the best ending ever but I've seen a lot worse. I liked how the series had a mix of serious and comedy moments but was a little disappointed they took out most of the comedy towards the end (especially the school parts). The mechas were realistic and actual military colours for once which was a bonus. Overall 8/10.
Apr 13, 2011 1:24 PM

Feb 2009
The ending was okay, not great, but pretty decent. Some questions unanswered (which I hope get some more attention in another season) but I still felt satisfied with this last episode.

On the one hand Full Metal Panic! had its funny bits, on the other hand it got its thrills. Interesting series with great moments, but some pointless episodes. It was a good watch.
Jun 3, 2011 8:39 AM

Apr 2011
I loved all the characters and the ost. But the story was reallly vague and the ending wasn't well made.
I enjoyed most parts of it thought, except the mecha.
7/10
Jun 6, 2011 7:06 PM
Sep 2010
notestinet said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
lolz "dont worry, everything is gonna happy"????????? translation at its best

I was confused by that translation too.

I had put this anime on hold for the longest time and I use to like it, but now it seems kind of average. It was interesting (especially the last couple of episodes) but my taste in anime has changed over the years. Hopefully, the second season will be a bit more interesting.
Uploader53
Jul 3, 2011 3:09 PM

Apr 2011
wow.... just.... WOW!
I loved the co-op between Kaname and Sousuke... o(>w<)o
My mission: Save the world! My weapons: a controller, a bunch of friends and lots of Anime!
Oct 29, 2011 6:14 PM

Feb 2010
Damn, in the first 10 or so eps, I woulda given this a 8/10, 9/10 possibly...

but mix a plot filled with holes, generic elements, and forced dialogue... I can't give this anything above a 7.

Not bad... a little above average, but still nothing amazing.

I had too high hopes for this I guess.
Nov 14, 2011 3:02 PM

Nov 2011
Good ending.
Nov 21, 2011 12:57 PM

Jul 2009
In a timer countdown, anything under 1 minute goes very slow.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

notestinet - Apr 24, 2008

73 by DebiPS »»
Mar 17, 9:10 AM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

notestinet - Apr 23, 2008

50 by PurpleMagic »»
Feb 11, 7:34 PM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

notestinet - Apr 23, 2008

61 by CheungCrygor8818 »»
Feb 5, 1:09 AM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TuzoAnime - Jul 26, 2008

79 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Feb 2, 12:22 AM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

notestinet - Apr 24, 2008

60 by Acctra »»
Jan 16, 3:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.