MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Full Metal Panic! Episode 24 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Full Metal Panic! »» Full Metal Panic! Episode 24 Discussion

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
View Poll Results: Full Metal Panic! Episode 24 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

56 53.85%
4 out of 5: Liked it

28 26.92%
3 out of 5: It was OK

11 10.58%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

5 4.81%
1 out of 5: Hated it

4 3.85%
Voters: 104

12-28-10, 8:02 AM

gr33nhippo said:
Weak story, multiple plot holes (especially towards the end), poorly animated battle scenes (nothing but closeups), enemies with the WORST aim imaginable.... but., "don't worry, everything gonna happy" made me laugh. 6/10

Add to this that the first couple episodes had humor but that eventually got replaced with extra mech action. I kept hoping the humor would come back. Probably 6/10 for me as well.
Such junk...

03-26-11, 4:22 PM

ending was expected
somewhere around 6~7 for me

04-10-11, 2:29 PM

Not the best ending ever but I've seen a lot worse. I liked how the series had a mix of serious and comedy moments but was a little disappointed they took out most of the comedy towards the end (especially the school parts). The mechas were realistic and actual military colours for once which was a bonus. Overall 8/10.

04-13-11, 1:24 PM

The ending was okay, not great, but pretty decent. Some questions unanswered (which I hope get some more attention in another season) but I still felt satisfied with this last episode.

On the one hand Full Metal Panic! had its funny bits, on the other hand it got its thrills. Interesting series with great moments, but some pointless episodes. It was a good watch.

06-03-11, 8:39 AM

I loved all the characters and the ost. But the story was reallly vague and the ending wasn't well made.
I enjoyed most parts of it thought, except the mecha.
7/10

06-06-11, 7:06 PM

notestinet said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
lolz "dont worry, everything is gonna happy"????????? translation at its best

I was confused by that translation too.

I had put this anime on hold for the longest time and I use to like it, but now it seems kind of average. It was interesting (especially the last couple of episodes) but my taste in anime has changed over the years. Hopefully, the second season will be a bit more interesting.
Uploader53

07-03-11, 3:09 PM

wow.... just.... WOW!
I loved the co-op between Kaname and Sousuke... o(>w<)o
My mission: Save the world! My weapons: a controller, a bunch of friends and lots of Anime!

10-29-11, 6:14 PM

Damn, in the first 10 or so eps, I woulda given this a 8/10, 9/10 possibly...

but mix a plot filled with holes, generic elements, and forced dialogue... I can't give this anything above a 7.

Not bad... a little above average, but still nothing amazing.

I had too high hopes for this I guess.

11-14-11, 3:02 PM

Good ending.

11-21-11, 12:57 PM

In a timer countdown, anything under 1 minute goes very slow.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

12-24-11, 1:21 PM

I lold at the engrish translation.
And also those 2 minutes were really toooo long.

This series started off somehow very good, and then it just got filled with some shit.

MusashiRose said:
Damn, in the first 10 or so eps, I woulda given this a 8/10, 9/10 possibly...

but mix a plot filled with holes, generic elements, and forced dialogue... I can't give this anything above a 7.

Not bad... a little above average, but still nothing amazing.

I had too high hopes for this I guess.

Well, I am gonna watch the other season and OVAs, and see how it is going to be.

Anyhow I give this a 7/10.

01-02-12, 8:05 PM

Well I didn't really like the turn this gave at the end but I gotta cut this some slack because the comedy was good, the story had it's interesting parts and other that were kinda annoying (how come that Gauron survive that long and then die conveniently overwhelms me :l)

They left many things unanswered but theres a 2nd season so maybe they will make it up for it.

Overall 8/10 (though I think I'm being quite generous)

01-27-12, 11:45 PM

Glad this has a second season...

05-01-12, 1:26 AM

Overall, I think this is an average, even somewhat irritating series, but these last two episodes and the finale especially are very strong. Suddenly everything works really well.

The robot fight was handled really well. Deciding not to use music, making it a close-in, grinding grapple, the fairly short length of the fight. It was great.

Both leads get much more interesting characterization than they've ever gotten before and the love story between them is finally something more than just fodder for weak comedy.

If the series has this much creativity, panache, and sensitivity the whole way through it'd have been a tremendous achievement for an action series.

But it's only these two episodes that shine like this. The rest is average at best and needlessly obnoxious fairly often. The wasted potential is enormous.

06-03-12, 1:03 PM

Mind you this anime was made in 2002, so a lot of the stereotypical characteristics that shows have nowadays, weren't so 'stereotypical'/'cliche'. Nonetheless, the past few episodes irritated me quite a bit. Overall, I'll say this series is 'good', which translates to a 7. It's definitely not 'very good', so unfortunately, it won't get an 8.

07-05-12, 2:08 AM

*sigh* I had such high hopes for this series, shame it didn't deliver. You would think that all the hype this series gets, it would have something to back it up with but it doesn't.

The story was all over the place, leaving behind a trail of huge plotholes and unanswered questions.

The characters were average at best. They all fall into the same cliche mold anime has made over time; nothing original or even remotely interesting. The villain sucked big time - dies 3 times but comes back after each one like it was nothing. He has to blow himself up for him to actually die.

The mecha fights were decent but nothing memorable, really didnt like the whole concept of the Lambda drive though. Poorly executed idea and a huge cop-out, making the villain damn near invincible.

The romance was really weak between the main two and felt forced.

The comedy itself was average at best as well, which was surprising since so many people claim it to be hilarious. It was amusing in the beginning, but the writers changed that in a hurry.

Overall, this show tries to do too many things all at once and suffers for it. It had potential to be a solid show but didn't capitalize on it.

This gets a 6/10 from me and I think that's a bit generous. I'm surprised it has such a high rating and is so popular. I'll watch the sequel since I heard it's better, but I'm going in with low expectations.
Modified by haiko17, 07-06-12, 12:03 AM

07-30-12, 5:20 AM

haiko17 said:
I'm surprised it has such a high rating and is so popular.

You and me both man. The first couple of episodes set in the school were enjoyable but the rest, including the battle scenes, were kind of average. I give it 7/10 only because Tessa was cute, otherwise it's more like a 5~6 for me.

I'm hoping TSR is better, the villain and those twins look interesting so I have high expectations.

10-09-12, 10:00 PM

Is it bad that I still think he's alive? LOL

Anyways, very enjoyable series, I liked the last ending sequence. "Is it a whale!?" xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

03-12-13, 10:48 AM

meh.

Going to see if next season is any better.

"We're nothing more than fools and whores with sad highs"

03-21-13, 4:51 PM

Overall I found these series veeery good. It left me wondering why haven't I watched it earlier :D

I swear Kurtz is the only blond flirt best friend of the MC that I actually liked.
And Souske is just hilarious, except when he freaked out at the end of the TSR.
Chidori was a great female lead as well. Not annoying or stupid.

*would be glad if they make a third season :3 *
izayasign.jpgsmilie_flag_145.gif

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices