Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 22, 2018 2:59 PM

Sep 2016
Playcool said:
PolarCyrus97 said:
Well its Kyoto Animation so yeah already saw some nice animation already in Fomoffu.

But I havent seen Fumoffu yet, besides, it is just not the animation but also the execution for the scenes, way more well paced and meaningfull, which S1 clearly lacked.
Yeah season 1 had some weird directing and some scenes didn't transition well in to others. It was all over the place in some cases.
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Apr 26, 2018 6:07 AM
Sep 2017
Pretty decent, id expected a confession but whatever, it was good 7.5/10

Jan 13, 2019 2:03 AM

Aug 2018
A little something for everyone. Overall a pleasant series.
May 3, 2019 6:02 PM
Jun 2016
8/10...loved it...was a fun ride.
May 3, 2019 11:27 PM

Apr 2009
Overrated series IMO.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 4, 2019 5:15 AM

Aug 2013
Not a bad series. Quite enjoyable.

8/10.

May 4, 2019 9:43 AM

Dec 2015
@Leo @ezaya @Silver-Seraphim1 What's happening all of a sudden? Is the series trendy again?
Dec 31, 2019 9:45 AM

Dec 2014
ok that was a really odd way to end it all
Mar 29, 2020 10:47 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Some very boring episodes and some great episodes.
I was about to give this series a 6/10 but I really loved the end so 7/10
Apr 20, 2020 11:40 PM
Oct 2017
They were going full Evangelion on this one, I did not like too much the story but I thought it was because I am not a fan of war stories, since episode 15 or so I started skimming through the action scenes, I did not even pay attention to them, but I thought it was me, I see now a lot of people share the same feelings, which is odd because I thought this was a classic, but I might be confusing its reputation with Fumoffu.

The first episodes were very school-like and had that funny element which gave me hope, I was looking for a school comedy anyway and I only watched this because it goes before Fumoffu.

I liked the fan service and Testarossa is an angel, towards the end she was my reason to keep going with this.

Let's go now for the real deal!
PhixiatelyApr 20, 2020 11:51 PM
Mar 22, 2021 10:56 PM

Mar 2016
I was prepared to look over the braindead characters during the whole hijack since the AS battles are where this series has managed to shine. Especially in the climactic Sousuke vs Gauron ones.

But that ending was incredibly unsatisfying. Apart from Chidori helping Sousuke at the end, most of the 'fight' felt like it was the '2 minutes' in a grapple hold. Surprising considering Venom should have been beyond crippled at that point. No Al, no lambda driver faceoff. Felt like it robbed both the audience and Sousuke of a proper final fight against Gauron with a true 'confirmed' killing.

Hope the Second Raid dials it up a good notch and lets this series shine as it did in the first set of episodes more continuously.
May 30, 2021 3:02 PM

Nov 2010
I won't be surprised if Gauron still survived after all of that. I'll expect him in the next season. lol

Anyway, the serious ep weren't too interesting, but the slice of life ep were really entertaining and funny. Also, additional points for Tessa being waifu tier. hehe 7/10
Sep 23, 2021 1:46 PM

May 2018
Sagara x Gauron truly is the best ship! I hope he is finally dead now.

5/10 the first 8 episodes and the last few episodes were better than the shit in the middle.
Aug 29, 2022 11:23 AM
Sep 2021
nice final battle
Jan 17, 5:58 PM

Jan 2021
Yeah, a lot of whatever the heck just happened is confusing. I'm hoping they expand more on the Whispered as I continue this series because right now they're like wizards/hackers.

The first part when Sousuke first used the Arbalest was good, but after that I feel like things started to spiral. A lot of plot conveniences continued to happen, Chidori and pretty much everyone else except for Mao, Sousuke, and Kalinin (?) really made some episodes rough to get through, and they still haven't learned to check for bodies. You'd think that after failing to kill him four or five times already, they'd learn to check for a body and make sure there's no possible way for Gauron to live. I'm not gonna be surprised if he's alive later on.

All this said, it was fun to watch, and I'm looking forward to the rest. The ending was also nice.

For the sake of rating it, probably anywhere from a 6.9-7.1.

Mar 17, 4:52 PM

Jan 2021
From episode 1 I could tell this was nothing special. The comedy was bland and unoriginal usually resulting in Chidori getting mad at Souske and then hitting him. Are your laughing yet? NO.... well get used to it because that's at least half of the series. The other half is a military mech fighting show that barely scratches the surface of what it could be because it decided it wanted to focus on highschool comedy too. The writers did a terrible job with these two concepts because they don't mesh together at all. It doesn't help that the music is limited at well it has like 4 soundtracks and they're generic.

I put this as background noise after episode 4 and I'm glad I did because my instincts were right. This anime is boring at straight up 5/10. Sousuke and Chidori are terrible main characters. Chidori is annoying and useless. Sousuke is as bland as flour. It took him 20 episodes to show genuine emotion where he wasn't taking like an unsalted cracker. The show also had a weird fascination with showing panty scenes in the first 7-8 episodes, ruining any serious moments.

The only reason people ever liked this show was because they're was literally limited options on what they could choose to enjoy. Times have changed we have like 50 new anime to choose from each coming season. Not to mention the internet gives people quick access to better older anime whether its from a legal or illegal site. There's a reason people don't talk about this show its just forgettable.
Apr 6, 10:06 PM
Jul 2021
The only thing holding this seasonal finale from perfection is the fact that Sousuke did not shoot the villain in the head in EP23. Yelling at a unrelenting sociopath and maniac to try to get him to surrender after so many lessons paid in blood is just...contrived and stupid.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

notestinet - Apr 24, 2008

73 by DebiPS »»
Mar 17, 9:10 AM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

notestinet - Apr 23, 2008

50 by PurpleMagic »»
Feb 11, 7:34 PM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

notestinet - Apr 23, 2008

61 by CheungCrygor8818 »»
Feb 5, 1:09 AM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TuzoAnime - Jul 26, 2008

79 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Feb 2, 12:22 AM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

notestinet - Apr 24, 2008

60 by Acctra »»
Jan 16, 3:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.