Forums

Pages (3) 0.4 [1.4] 2.4 »
Post New Reply
Poll: Monster Episode 71 Discussion

Jan 10, 2010 4:05 PM

Best episode yet!

I cried so hard at the end! T^T

Jan 25, 2010 1:49 PM

Grimmer dying at the end was tragic. Such a great character.
Also, don't overlook Runge's development. I loved that part where he said "I'm sorry".
Truly shows that he has class and humility. Plus, he can handle that rifle quite well.

Feb 2, 2010 6:11 AM

Grimmer-san :(( i was so depressed when he cried for his son T_T

Apr 16, 2010 7:00 PM

*SIGH*

Once again one of my favorite anime characters goes down.

Grimmer, you shall be missed.
Momo>Sports>Breaking Bad>Anime

Momo=Coke, Yami=Pepsi, Mikan=Sunkist, Yui=Dr. Pepper, Lala=Diet Coke, Nana=RC Cola

Apr 16, 2010 10:26 PM

I always hoped that Grimmer would play soccer with Dieter one day T_T

When he said "So this is sadness..... and happiness...." I lost it.

+1 for Runge

May 19, 2010 10:38 AM

The ending will be...

Johann & Roberto VS. Tenma & Nina epic gun battle!!

May 30, 2010 7:54 PM

It's Mamiko Noto to the rescue now!

Jun 24, 2010 1:09 PM

Rest in peace Grimmer-San, even an akuma will cry for his dying son. :'(

This is the first time an anime left me this choked at the end of an episode.

Jul 26, 2010 9:14 AM

Grimmmeerrrrrr!! T.T

I thought he will last and end up with Tenma going again for picnic..

One of the saddest deaths in anime.. Very dramatic, indeed..

Also, Lunge's apologizing to Tenma is kinda relieving and he's so cool with that

gun esp. the scene at the 1st floor of that hotel.. but I hope he'll lasts till the end..

Aug 6, 2010 12:15 AM

Wow, that was hauntingly beautiful... that final image this episode left us with was profound.

Oct 23, 2010 3:33 PM

Wow, there goes one of my favorite characters from Monster. Beautiful scene, though.

I just hope Tenma, Nina, and Lunge make it.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Nov 22, 2010 1:22 PM

Ah man i wanted to grimmer atleast live lets see if runge survives he better

Behold of my awesomeness~

Mister owl, when will my sig automatically update? Lets find out: one, two, three years? THE WORLD MAY NEVER KNOW.

May 21, 2011 3:52 AM

RIP - Grimmer. :(
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~

Jun 21, 2011 9:24 AM

Grimmer :(

As others have said, he was one of the best characters I have seen in a while.

The Magnificent Grimmer

Jun 28, 2011 7:58 PM

Grimmer was hella setting up death flags so I already expected it but it still made me cry...why the hell did Tenma not even try and help, he just stood there as Grimmer made his fantastic last speech....messed up...also that chick running to the hotel, lol dumb ass

Runge!!!...he's finally the amazing badass I always wanted him 2 be...His sorry to Tenma just made all his previous annoyances okay...I literally screamed yes!!!! when he said it lol...Runge = official for favorite character in this show now, he better not die either, especially against Roberto...Tenma still sucks

Jul 4, 2011 8:10 AM

Nooo! Who said you could die yet Grimmer?! You still had a picnic with Tenma to go to!!

Oct 19, 2011 12:00 PM

Grimmer?? GRIMMER!!?? NOOOOOOO!!! :(
Life takes on a neat simplicity. Time ceases to have any meaning. When it is dark, you go to bed, and when it is light again you get up, and everything in between is just in between. It’s quite wonderful, really.

Dec 30, 2011 11:16 PM

:,( GRIMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! serisoly there was no need for hime to die "orz

Feb 8, 2012 6:29 PM

And Lunge finally redeemed himself.

Brb while I go bawl my eyes out because of Grimmer. What an amazing man.

Feb 22, 2012 4:00 AM

R.I.P Grimmer :)

Mar 22, 2012 9:36 PM

Too bad Grimmer died.

Jun 14, 2012 5:53 AM

"You cannot take the emotions away from a human being...like a letter that is lost, it finds it's way to you decades later"

Wow. What an emotional episode. Despite what was done to him, Grimmer had a humanity that no other character in this story could touch. His death is one of the most powerful scene's I've ever seen in anime, right up there with the ending of episode 82 of LOGH.

And Runge said sorry. The circle is now complete and now we're just missing the final Tenma/Johan/Nina showdown. Although I'd really like Bonaparta to explain himself too.
“If it were a third-rate TV anime, a dead protagonist can come back to life at the producers’ convenience. But the world we live in is not such a convenient place. Lost lives will never return. Because of it, we live in a world where a life is an irreplaceable existence.”

Jul 23, 2012 8:24 PM

Man why couldn't Lunge be this awesome the whole show? This is probably one of the best episodes for this show. My eyes actually watered when I was listening to Grimmer's last words. Roberto better die on the next episode.

Jul 29, 2012 3:39 PM

I like how all of a sudden 3 pages of comments here whereas it's usually just 1 or barely 2, but I really understand why...
shit it was epic , and very sad. Cool we finally saw rageface of Grimmer, too bad not really in action though, like runge's epic gunshot @ the hotel. I REALLLLLY want to hear what Poppe had planned in his head when he started up all that shit, and yes obviously Roberto needs to die a gruesome death

Sep 7, 2012 10:17 PM

I hate it when my favorite character Dies : _ :

Oct 2, 2012 10:36 AM

No!!! Grimmer!!!, Next episode is probably going to be about Detective lunge dying although I feel like he will somehow lead to Roberto's demise in the process. I do hope he lives however so that if Tenma lives through this he will be able to be proven innocent... although after all that has happened not sure what he would do with the rest of his life.

Nov 25, 2012 9:10 PM

If only we could have saw Grimmer smash. Also, with Lunge saying sorry to Tenma after their long-anticipated meeting, I fear he will probably die next episode.

Dec 2, 2012 2:49 PM

*sniff* Grimmer no... T_T

Dec 21, 2012 12:53 PM

Sad episode.

About Episode:

So Grimmer had plan and he took that old man with him and they tried to protect Bonaparte. I wonder if those townspeople where so manipulated that they couldn't hear Grimmer's words anymore.

Tenma helping a lot of more people was nicely done of him. And finally Nina and Rudy arrived to town. Lunge also seems to be action with hotel just quick reflects he had. I am really sad Grimmer got eliminated. I liked him. Also it was nice from Lunge to said Tenma that he really was sorry for making Tenma guilty of all these cases.

But it was nice to see Bonaparte also understand what he really did in his life. Terrible things that he cannot ever erase of him. Also girl with Roberto seemed to escape but in the end she got also eliminated sad.

I think Steiner probably understand what he was doing and returned normal like Grimmer said. First time ever he could cry and make emotions for himself.

Dec 30, 2012 11:49 PM

Steiner <3

Jan 30, 2013 10:30 AM

Grimmer was one of few characters that were really interesting and not annoying. This sucks.

Feb 28, 2013 2:35 PM

Ouch Grimmer.

It was so sad that he died while crying and realizing his emotions for his son.

a woman with a beautiful face but an ugly heart... I know just the way to purify it

Mar 6, 2013 10:30 AM

Grimmer dying was some magnificent voice acting. And I'm not even Japanese. Two unanswered question's left. Why did Klause Poppe do this shit and the final memories of the Liebert twins.

Mar 24, 2013 11:47 PM

This truly was Steiner's finest hour. We will miss you Grimmer

Mar 27, 2013 10:07 PM

I had a feeling he was going to die. But the scene was still moving as hell.

Mar 29, 2013 10:21 PM

Fuck....fuck. I cried like a bitch....poor Grimmer.

The fact that (as Poppe said) he was one of (if not the only) kid with a rage induced alter-ego to actually live to his age and be such a nice person speaks volumes to what kind of person Grimmer was. He even managed to beat Steiner in the end.

RIP Grimmer.

Apr 14, 2013 12:41 PM

I like how everyone keeps commenting about how it is the "best episode" they've ever seen, in almost every single episode discussion thread.

I wish we could have seen Grimmer in action before he died.
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.

Apr 29, 2013 8:57 AM

I cant believe it. Grimmer is dead :(
"My girlfriend is Pururin, and Pururin only!!!"~ Kaoru Yamazaki

May 9, 2013 4:42 AM

One of best episode of this show. Poor Grimmer. Last ep of Magnificient Steiner..
And that Lunge x Tenma meeting was excellently done.

Now I really want to know what was that memory Nina and Johan shares. The very reason everything is happening. How can you corrupt mind of innocent child?

And someone please kill Roberto already.

Jun 3, 2013 3:52 PM

Grimmer's death was handled brilliantly. I only recall one, maybe two deaths in anime that hit me harder.

Jun 25, 2013 9:27 PM

A Fucking Masterpiece.

Jul 24, 2013 9:43 PM

how ironic that Grimmer's sadness is what made his death a good one
PM me if you reply to one of my posts because I don't look back in threads that I have posted on.

Aug 13, 2013 1:31 PM

Bonaparta reminds me of Freud !!
And too bad Grimmer had to die, he was my favorite after Tenma.

Aug 22, 2013 10:00 PM

WOW.. One of the best characters in the series died :/, but Grimmer's death was portrayed so good

Aug 23, 2013 1:02 PM

Noooooooooo Grimmer you are such an awesome man why why and Lunge finally you admit it I hope you don't die this is a beautiful episode Grimmer's death almost made me cry.

Oct 14, 2013 8:42 PM

dammm everyone but GRIMMER ;________; rip mate

Oct 18, 2013 2:49 PM

Lunge apologized and Grimmer died :/
Fantastic episode.

Nov 6, 2013 6:45 AM

I watched this years ago and completely forgot my favorite character died. This caught me by surprise.

Those last words were absolutely beautiful. Made me drop a tear or two (okay, maybe a lot). It was a nice albeit a very tragic scene. Wim being there as Grimmer remembers his child made it even more sad. Hats off to the animation and especially the soundtrack. RIP Grimmer.

Laraso said:
I wish we could have seen Grimmer in action before he died.
And this, but it would probably ruin the gentle giant image established by his character... Then again, him going berserk is part of his character. So yeah, why not? Ooh I'm really wondering how HBO will pull this off.
Modified by Jujika, Nov 6, 2013 6:50 AM

Nov 8, 2013 1:47 AM

first off what a episode!!

one of the most emotional and action pack episodes ever!!

they're really saving the best for last huh?

Grimmer-san NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! T______T

i was hoping i would see him in picnic with Tenma or in a bar with Lunge :(

you shall be missed forever!!!

i actually thought he was one of those one time only side characters. can't believed he grew soo much and became one of the most important characters in the whole series!

i think he died because he didn't use the Magnificent Steiner, but instead just use his anger as a human and not a monster.

what irritated me is that stupid waitress girl who keeps crying like a little bitch. instead of getting somewhere safe as Tenma had already insisted she keeps crying and complaining and not you pay the price. really hate it when someone is already helping you, yet they keep crying like an idiot.

finally we get to see Tenma and Lunge!! i feel like it's been AGES since we last saw the two face to face. surprised to see Lunge apologizing after all these years!!! man Lunge better survived this!!

and i knew he was a professional. that fucking bastard who's acting like a civilian got blown the fuck up. Lunge definitely has quick and fast reactions!! never hesitated to pull the trigger just like Eva!!

poor guy, getting his wife killed like that :( the lottery winners got luck they only got wound on the shoulders. can't say i have any sympathy on those stupid old people who brought the killers in this town in the first place. you deserve to die like that.

i'm still Grimmer dies T__T he finally cries all these years after his son's death. i really love this line

"You cannot take the emotions away from a human being...like a letter that is lost, it finds it's way to you decades later"

you really can't just eliminate emotions forever. i bet Johan feels the same somewhere in his heart.

RIP Grimmer-san. you deserve to rest after all these years.

last 3 episodes! i don't think i can handle this T__T

Nov 10, 2013 4:22 AM

God damn Grimmer. God damn.

I agree with some comments in here, there are very few deaths that have affected me as much as this one did. I think this is probably the emotional peak of this series, and that is truly saying something. Great, great character, his presence in the show was fascinating, he really did change the mood around him. In a story with such a range of great, charismatic and likeable characters (or just terrifyingly haunting like Johan), I'm surprised at how much I felt everything this long-nosed bro was on.

Inspector Lunge confirms what was obvious from a very long time ago; his journey to find Tenma was personal, a sort of primary objective in life. And he grew another view of the question during his holidays (lol) in Prague, I'm glad to see that he has finally seen everything clear.

Everything is set for a great ending. I hope it won't disappoint.

Oh, and...

PrinceHeir said:
poor guy, getting his wife killed like that :( the lottery winners got luck they only got wound on the shoulders. can't say i have any sympathy on those stupid old people who brought the killers in this town in the first place. you deserve to die like that.

Wait what how when where
Do you like movies? Are you interested on commenting and discussing them? Check The Cinema Club for some film-related talk.

Pages (3) 0.4 [1.4] 2.4 »