Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 20, 2009 3:52 PM

Feb 2008
i finally finished it...i kinda skipped ahead to be honest. the show is kinda hard to follow at times. but if you manage to watch at least half of it, you might get one thing out of it. i could see how people would give up so soon, its not your standard anime.

Feb 1, 2009 7:37 PM

Apr 2008
I did finally watch and finish Simoun after hearing all the word of mouth praise for this show. To be honest, it didn't meet my expectations, but then high expectations are rarely met. I found it to be enjoyable in parts (especially Mamiina's arc), but I left with a feeling that this series still could have been much better in terms of story. I guess it's the sci-fi purist within me. Anytime you involve a story with time travel, you get to the thorny issue of time paradox.
As to what other people have said about the show's start, I do agree I was loosing my attention after the first episode (which I really liked), but it was only with episode 8 where I really thought the series was dramatic enough for me to go to the end.
Apr 10, 2013 4:46 PM

Feb 2012
So hang on a second, I'm like 4 episodes in right now, and have planned on continuing it until I have completed it . . . but would someone explain the heterochromia moment Aer has in episode 4, when she tells Remone to get away while she cuts off the dudes hands??? Cause I find it odd that no one questioned it, so I was wondering if maybe it was a HUGE animator mistake or something . . . I mean, how you miss something like that . . . but anyways, if someone could explain I would be grateful!
"With a keen eye for detail one truth will prevail"

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
Apr 15, 2013 5:13 PM

Dec 2008
so this just ocurred to me, but the language the Argentums or Plumbish is actually japanese spoken backwards, has anyone else noticed this, would have made so much more sense sometimes

Edit: it's rather the audio played backward, you can hear a stuttering in the audio track :p
BaltoApr 15, 2013 5:31 PM
Jan 7, 2014 5:20 PM
Sep 2011
So far I watched the first three and almost hated it... But everyone here says it get better, so I will give the serie a chance.
Jan 8, 2014 3:44 PM

May 2013
xxHxx said:
So far I watched the first three and almost hated it... But everyone here says it get better, so I will give the serie a chance.
I only got the likes of it around episode 13, então yeah.
Jan 8, 2014 3:49 PM

Jul 2013
I saw it some time ago, but I was disapointed. Though it's certainly interesting with its themes, they could have gone further with them, and despite being kind of unique in it's own way it didn't feel like anything special. Also the "male" characters were all so ugly. I don't regret watching it though.
Jan 11, 2014 3:19 PM
Sep 2011
Well guys, I just finished watch it.

Indeed, the series starts to get really interesting after episode 13… But there are a lot of plot holes because of the side stories bad developed. The series had its high moments, and the end made me feel sad – that’s a good thing, if we feel something the story is somewhat good, right?

On the top of all the problems is the awful CG, that looks like a bad collage, and a lot of scenes where the characters are poorly drawn without proportion.

I think is an anime worth watch once. But I must admit that if I wasn’t kind bored I would never had keep watching after the first 3 or 4 episodes.
Jan 11, 2014 9:18 PM

May 2013
xxHxx said:
Well guys, I just finished watch it.

Indeed, the series starts to get really interesting after episode 13… But there are a lot of plot holes because of the side stories bad developed. The series had its high moments, and the end made me feel sad – that’s a good thing, if we feel something the story is somewhat good, right?

On the top of all the problems is the awful CG, that looks like a bad collage, and a lot of scenes where the characters are poorly drawn without proportion.

I think is an anime worth watch once. But I must admit that if I wasn’t kind bored I would never had keep watching after the first 3 or 4 episodes.
What plot holes? And I felt as if it was a bittersweet ending rather than a happy one, it's hard to explain. Depends on the spectator's point of view.

And yeah, the goddamn awful CGI annoyed me and always will. No matter if it's really cheap like Simoun's or high budget like in Last Exile, it just looks bad.

I was heavily bored more than halfway through, was worth finishing it regardless and rewatching it as well.
Jan 17, 2014 3:10 PM
Sep 2011
Well, think that because there are so much characters somethings remained a bit shallow: relation between Alti and Kaimu, the progression of the relation between Neviril and Aaeru, I felt the final choice of Floe was there just to shock us, maybe the final choice of Yun could have been better explained, and the beggining of the serie was very confusing.

Although, the relation between Morinas and Waporif was well worked, it wasn't the main subject but had space enough to a good development. And the stories of Oshina, and Dominura and Limone, have added a good dose of unsolved mistery.

But that's just my opinion about that...Maybe I will even rewatch it sometime.
Jan 17, 2014 4:40 PM

May 2013
Well, Alti and Kaimu overcame the taboo that was the sinful night they spent with each other and ended up living together, both as women and as friends. Aeru and Neviril's case is a mystery, since no one really knows where did they go and if they went to the past or future. Though I'm heavily driven to think that they went to the past, as Limone saw something flying in the sky in the last episode.

If they wanted to shock me with Floe's choice, well... they succeeded. I wasn't expecting that at all, it was really different and overwhelming. Yun didn't have anywhere to go, nobody to rely on and no particular goal in life, she firmly stated that she hated war and that she doesn't want to contribute negatively to it. In the end, she found the place where she finally felt that she'd fit in, accepting her fate as it is.

I rewatched it once and I'm probably rewatching it again someday.
MizusiJan 17, 2014 4:45 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Simoun Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kotori - Apr 6, 2008

75 by teaknight »»
Mar 1, 11:52 AM

Poll: » Simoun Episode 10 Discussion

gohdan - Sep 22, 2011

10 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 4, 7:20 PM

Poll: » Simoun Episode 8 Discussion

gohdan - Sep 8, 2011

13 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 4, 7:16 PM

Poll: » Simoun Episode 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Aug 7, 2012

8 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 4, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Simoun Episode 2 Discussion

Ksanclaire122 - Aug 8, 2013

5 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 4, 6:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.