Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 21, 2008 5:33 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
aweome episode!! little differnt from the manga but scarier ^^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 21, 2008 8:32 PM

Nov 2007
I thought it kinda sucked actually. The vampires simply look ridiculous to me. It's not even just the lame special effects on the eyes either. I did jump slightly when the kid vampire reached out to Yuuki though. The apparently now trademark Studio DEEN inconsistent art and cheap animation is already rearing it's ugly head as well. God, I fear for what episode 20 something will look like.

Yeah, the changes that have been made so far have not been for the better. The scene where Zero bites Yuuki was far less dramatic here and there was definitely no need for "Ichiru...?" yet, imo. Oh, well. I am glad that they are adding a few things with this adaptation, but I'm hoping for better ideas and execution in the upcoming episodes.
Apr 22, 2008 5:07 AM

Apr 2008
Which group is subbing VK??? Can't find it anywhere. Seems like people are dropping it
Apr 22, 2008 8:18 AM

Aug 2007
shoku-dan
Apr 22, 2008 8:06 PM

Jan 2008
I don't think Episode 3 has been subbed as of this moment, at least I haven't found it yet.
Apr 24, 2008 12:09 AM

Jan 2008
Shoku-dan is the fastest and as far as I can tell they are extremely accurate. They did have it up several hours ago.
Apr 24, 2008 1:49 AM

Mar 2008
I like how they did the episode actually. Considering they have to condense the ongoing manga into 26 episodes and make up an ending (unless we see the manga's end really soon...), they did a good job.

The animation was shit, absolutely terrible.
Apr 24, 2008 2:30 AM

Oct 2007
I have to agree with the animation, it could have been better...
But i am liking how the story is progressing this far, its interesting :P

I wonder what will happen to Zero next :P cant wait
Apr 24, 2008 5:04 AM

Jul 2007
The ep itself was boring, but the ending made it good... I liked it. finally things start to move...
Apr 24, 2008 6:26 AM

May 2007
I guess it's because I don't read the manga and I have no idea where this is going -- but I'm feeling like they're rushing Zero along a bit, maybe? I don't know. But something's off and, well, dissatisfying about this episode.
Apr 24, 2008 8:12 AM

Aug 2007
In my opinion this episode was really enjoyable and interesting. Though I don't read the manga, but I like how the story is progressing. I agree, the animation could have been better, but its animation is not the worst one among the series of the season... So I think it's quite acceptable.
Apr 24, 2008 9:11 AM

Apr 2008
FireReaverX said:
The vampires simply look ridiculous to me. It's not even just the lame special effects on the eyes either.

FireReaverX said:
The scene where Zero bites Yuuki was far less dramatic here

Sums up what I thought as well. XD

Sometimes, I think they should just stick with the how the manga shows the scenes...
Apr 24, 2008 9:21 AM

Mar 2008
I didn't read the manga... some comments here make me think I should've read it lol

actually I've found this anime absolutely accidentaly and I didn't know if I was goin' to like it or not... It's the first anime with vampires that I watch... and up to this moment I like it... the characters are cute and though the idea isn't the most original (I mean... vampires... what's so unusual about them? xD) I'm still gonna watch it till the end... ^^

nice episode!

Apr 24, 2008 10:20 AM

Feb 2008
I must say that I really enjoyed this episode, though I have to agree that the animation could have been a bit better.
Looking forward to the next episode, really want to see what'll happen to Zero.
KayroApr 24, 2008 11:35 AM
Apr 24, 2008 10:26 AM

Aug 2007
I agree with the animation. It's a bit iffy at most scenes but it wasn't that bad.

Apr 24, 2008 11:22 AM

Aug 2007
I thought the animation was OK, I'm surprised she already found out about Zero.
Apr 24, 2008 12:40 PM

Feb 2008
I really enjoyed this episode. I jumped so badly when that kid went all vampire-y.
I personally thought the Zero scene was well done, he really lost himself there.
I'm loving this anime so far, the story and characters are enough for me to overlook the amazingly crappy animation.
KappakaApr 26, 2008 2:55 AM
Apr 24, 2008 1:46 PM

Nov 2007
This episode was ok. The first part with the vampires was a bit boring, though when the smaller one reached out for Yuuki it startled me. The ending part was better, I did like the Zero scene, though I'm only watching the anime so I wasn't expecting anything.
Meh, you make me want to pick up the manga and see the differences myself, but I really don't have time to plunge into yet another ongoing series!
The ending theme is growing on me now, but it's not one of my favourites.
Apr 24, 2008 2:39 PM

Mar 2008
I really like it so far. Awesome art, great voice actors, great OP/ED... and the story is moving on :>. I just hope this keeps up!
Apr 24, 2008 5:03 PM

Jun 2007
I was bored throught almost all the episode but it was saved by the ending. The animation yeah could be better but the red eyes effect was like come on!...
Apr 24, 2008 5:14 PM

Apr 2008
After this episode, the show has truly got my interest. Pure blood Zero biting Yuki was a great ending. Very interested now.
Apr 24, 2008 5:17 PM

Jun 2007
the story is getting more interesting. cant wait for the next episode.
zero<3

& question.
a pure blood vampire attack zero's parents and then attacked zero but didnt succed in killing him, which made him a vampire.
so, is zero part vampire or pure blood?
I dont think he is a pure blood vampire, but then again, they didnt clarify that (or I missed it)
xxjanismApr 24, 2008 5:22 PM
Apr 24, 2008 5:45 PM

Jul 2007
yeah....i really think the red eyes effect crap is lame beyond lame....its like...really cheesy....maybe if their eyes became a red color without glowing, it'd be better.

and no, zero is not a pureblood.

i like how this episode was given its own little side story that had nothing to do with the manga but, really disliked the overall animation. That little freaky vamp kid was scary o_o. i can't believe an anime actually made me jump in fear o_-.

and i agree that the bite scene just wasn't as intense =[.
Apr 24, 2008 6:13 PM

Oct 2007
Gotta say that was impressive. I do believe that was entirely different from the manga, but I like it ^_^

I didn't think they'd try to make it scary, but they did and I think it went great! I'm looking forward to more scariness! If I was watching this episode in complete silence (and maybe in the dark also), I probably would have screamed/jumped (more) when the little boy's face mutated XD

And wow, that blood-sucking scene. Very hawwwt imo. Need to see more of those definitely<3
*WARNING, big spoiler for around chapter 30 of the manga*

The animation could have been better, but the rest was great! It's nice to see all the vampires so much, especially Aido, Kain, and Senri XD
But I'm having a hard time liking the animated Ichijo as much as the manga Ichijo because his voice is the same as that one fruity guy from Nodame Cantabile O_o
Apr 24, 2008 7:38 PM

Feb 2008
hehe wow....it was ok not great. i suppose now we have to see hwere they take it. im not too excited about this one.
Apr 24, 2008 7:58 PM
Oct 2007
I thought it was a great episode. Nothing exciting until the end but that's what the build up was for. I'm only interested in Zero and Aidou so far. Yuuki and Kaname are good to look at but nothing attracting me to them yet.
Apr 24, 2008 8:31 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
I was pretty angry at the beginning of the episode, actually. First off, Aidou having a fetish for junk... ok, cute quirk. But he'd never act like that in front of Kaname. Next, Zero leaving Yuuki to go into the moon dorms on her own? That would never happen. Zero going into town and Yuuki following - they're not allowed to go into town. Comrade? Okay.

But the second half really made it up for me. The evil kid was pretty well done. And the "in town" confrontation, much more dramatic than the manga. Nice! Kaname showing up and seeing the kids reaction? Also nice. And we got to see him use powers - triple nice. ^^ The tone when Cross explains him being a pureblood, also got points.

I agree -- Zero biting Yuuki, not as dramatic. And the eyes are just weird.

Overall: some changes were great, some were insulting. I wouldn't care if the art was half decent :)

Edit: I hate it when my grammar sucks
KinetaApr 24, 2008 10:17 PM
Apr 24, 2008 8:47 PM

Aug 2007
Hmm..interesting. red balloons = bad
Apr 24, 2008 9:22 PM

Jun 2007
xxjanism said:
& question.
a pure blood vampire attack zero's parents and then attacked zero but didnt succed in killing him, which made him a vampire.
so, is zero part vampire or pure blood?
I dont think he is a pure blood vampire, but then again, they didnt clarify that (or I missed it)

he would have to be born a Vampire to be consider a true blood. Apparently the only true blooded Vampire we have met so far in this anime series is Kaname. I'm sure that will change soon though.

As for this weeks ep, I thought it was pretty good. It felt a bit rushed but it still kept me wanting more. I haven't read the manga so I don't know how much was changed or left out and personally I'm happy I haven't read the manga yet. This anime so far has been the best for this season.
Apr 24, 2008 10:02 PM

Oct 2006
Stomachbutterfly said:
I personally think it was more dramatic in the anime then in the manga. So needless to say I really liked this episode alot, I'm glad it's picking up. I don't care if the anime is dead on to the manga or not, it doesn't need to be, because it is the anime NOT the manga. Obvious statement, but a lot of people don't seem to get that. You can never watch a movie or tv series and expect it to be just like what you read. So I tend to just appreciate the movie or series as something completely separate. I think people are to picky XD; If you are THAT into the manga to the point you feel like watching it animated with ruin it, just stop watching <- I don't mean that to be rude.

Very true.
I'm tired of people saying whether it follows the manga or not, same comments in the Special A thread and therefore loads of anger all around.
I understand most want it to be exactly like the manga but I personally like them making some changes here and there to get a different kick out of it. Besides, wouldn't it be boring if you know whats going to happen next?
Anyway, I liked this episode, the manga never gave me a creepy feeling but the anime certainly succeeded, especially the encounter with the level E vampires. Of course animation could be better, but so far I'm liking this adaptation.
Apr 25, 2008 2:33 AM

Feb 2008
hanabiii said:
I was bored throught almost all the episode but it was saved by the ending. The animation yeah could be better but the red eyes effect was like come on!...

I agree. I was a bit disappointed with the red eyes effect tbh.

Apr 25, 2008 5:29 AM

Jan 2008
This episode is okay.I have to say the kid vampire really frightened me.@_@ Zero's red eyes are scary somehow and the little scenes with those night class vampires are nice too.

Read through my journey on attempting the challenge in MAL blog!

Apr 25, 2008 7:20 AM

Aug 2007
It was pretty cool in my opinion, when Yuuki was attacked by the Level E vampire and the zoom-in effects of the vintage looking buildings were quite good. I liked it when Kaname saved Yuuki as well, red eyes hot! But when Zero bit Yuuki it was significantly less dramatic than in the manga.

And somehow th characters are looking more and more... geometrical? As in, they look kind of stiff.

Apr 25, 2008 8:51 AM

Feb 2008
I have never read the manga, but everyone's comments makes me feel like I should have. But i just have watched the anime so far i have to say that i like it a lot so far because it is different from anything i've watched before really. good stuff
Apr 25, 2008 10:20 AM

Aug 2007
If you don't like the animation, so what? I've seen way more horrible animation and I couldn't call this one bad or horrible, just okay. At least be grateful that they made it into an anime so more people would like to read the manga.

That boy was freaky xD It actually scared me a bit as I thought he was running to home because he was afraid to get bitten, but it turned out otherwise. Good job on that one. When Yuuki suddenly went to the town without Zero, I really had something like : ''Wth? Why did she do that? O_O''. Agree, that female vampire really looked lame.

Yes, even I noticed that Zero turned into a vampire too quick without even reading the manga. I expected it to be more at episode ten or so in my opinion, that you'd have something in the first few episodes like: ''Oh no! When is he going to bite her?'', to build up the tension, but it really was too rushed. Not a real surprise if I'd to say so.

All with all, an okay episode.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Apr 25, 2008 11:09 AM

Oct 2007
Kineta said:
I was pretty angry at the beginning of the episode, actually. First off, Aidou having a fetish for junk... ok, cute quirk. But he'd never act like that in front of Kaname. Next, Zero leaving Yuuki to go into the moon dorms on her own? That would never happen. Zero going into town and Yuuki following - they're not allowed to go into town. Comrade? Okay.

But the second half really made it up for me. The evil kid was pretty well done. And the "in town" confrontation, much more dramatic than the manga. Nice! Kaname showing up and seeing the kids reaction? Also nice. And we got to see him use powers - triple nice. ^^ The tone when Cross explains him being a pureblood, also got points.

I agree -- Zero biting Yuuki, not as dramatic. And the eyes are just weird.

Overall: some changes were great, some were insulting. I wouldn't care if the art was half decent :)

Edit: I hate it when my grammar sucks

Exactly what I though of.
Apr 25, 2008 12:11 PM

Jan 2008
I thought it was a pretty good episode but (like others have pointed out) Zero's red eyes at the end just looked completely wrong so that was kind of disappointing.
Apr 25, 2008 12:17 PM

Apr 2008
i agree with everyone else disappointed in the last zero scene, way to be anticlimatic. and whoever said it was too early to be introducing ichiru is right. i understand they want to throw in some foreshadowing~ for the people that are only watching the anime, but come on. i can see this adaption getting bad quickly.
Apr 25, 2008 1:40 PM

Nov 2007
CRITICS~ DX whelp guess ur entitled to ur own opinions o-o I myself loved it

Apr 25, 2008 1:54 PM

Jul 2007
Nothing about the art of this Anime annoying me at all, I thought it held true to the Manga (well they did make Yuki look little less like a guy in the Anime). I really look foreword to each new episode.

I think they could have done the bite scene just a little more dramatic, but it didn't disappoint me at all (I'm a sucker for a good vampire bite *giggle like a school girl*). I don't think the story is moving too fast at all because as fair as I remember we knew about Zero pretty early on in the Manga too.

Vampire Knight = Awesomeness in the form of Anime (and Manga)

And just to answer the question about Zero bring a pure blood, no hes not. They said a person bit by a pure blood either dies because the blood poisons them or they slowly turn into a vampire, this would be what happened to Zero (theres more to this answer but I'm not sure they explain that far in ep 3 so I won't say).

Zero's hot, Kaname sucks.
Apr 25, 2008 7:09 PM

Jun 2007
That was a rlly cool episode. It was kinda creepy ^w^
I love Zero's seiyu! It was awesome when his voice cracked while talking to Yuuki >-<

Apr 25, 2008 7:28 PM

Aug 2007
It's finally starting to get a little interesting. So far things have been moving fairy slowly, but it looks like that's going to change soon.
Apr 25, 2008 10:13 PM

Jun 2007
Did the part in the town with the 2 level Es happen in the manga? And he knows the kid from where?
Apr 26, 2008 2:02 AM

Jun 2007
If my memory serves me correctly, didn't Shiki save Yuki from the Level E vamp in the manga? And wasn't the hunter guy introduced by this point already...? Hmm well, I don't really care that the chronology is out of order I guess, and the changes have actually made the anime cuter than manga so far IMO. Except for the bite scene... how was it even possible to make it that boring, considering how epic it was in the manga? >_O

Apr 26, 2008 9:35 AM

Oct 2007
the first half was boring, second half was better
having read some of the manga... they couldve made the bite scene a lot sexier. lol
Apr 26, 2008 11:12 AM

Jul 2007
The ending was great. Zero really is carrying the show so far. I would have thought the night boys would have a bigger part. I will have to read the manga. I want to see it in it's true pretty form. I agree with everyone else on the animation.
Apr 26, 2008 11:53 AM

Jul 2007
wow this ep was really good, but some of the scenes seem different in the manga
Apr 26, 2008 6:37 PM

Jun 2007
I loved loved loved the town scene. That was very well done, I thought, especially with the kid and Kaname's power. The ending, though, was terribly lame. They could have done the bite scene a lot better; in fact, it would have been better if they had simply eliminated the glowing eyes and have them turn a plain, non-glow-in-the-dark red. Those swirling red eyes of Zero's remind me of something out of Poltergeist. XD

Anyway, good was mixed with the bad, and I rather enjoyed the majority of the episode. Let's see how they go on from here~
Apr 26, 2008 7:38 PM

Feb 2008
at this point am just glad theirs an anime of it out could have been better animation wise some lines are ehh...more excitment and sexiness please but that will not keep others including myself from not watching.

The mind is its own place, and in itself, can make heaven of Hell, and a hell of Heaven.
Apr 27, 2008 3:51 AM

Jan 2008
it was an ok episode, for me. XD
and i agree, the animation could have been better. XD
but still, i can't wait for the next episode. XP
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Knight Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

wakka9ca - May 1, 2008

75 by BhavyaPunia »»
Apr 14, 5:29 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

chryseis - Apr 7, 2008

189 by BhavyaPunia »»
Apr 14, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BrokenTrinkets - Jun 24, 2008

76 by yukixkaname2 »»
Nov 13, 2023 4:18 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kYem - May 19, 2008

76 by yukixkaname2 »»
Nov 13, 2023 4:17 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ohmiharu - Jun 30, 2008

137 by noa_moment »»
Nov 1, 2023 3:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.