Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Apr 20, 2008 8:48 PM

May 2007
Once again, Sunrise delivers.
Apr 20, 2008 8:52 PM

Feb 2008
Wonder who Rolo and the King made a pact with. The only two beings which were mentioned that seem to come from a higher plane of existence is C.C. and V.V. Could be the latter or someone else. Guess we'll find out later.
In sterquiliniis invenitur.
Apr 20, 2008 9:23 PM

Mar 2007
wakka9ca said:
Sukotsutsu said:
wakka9ca said:
Rollo's Geass has the following apparent limitations:

-It has an area limitation.
-It has a time limit.

Also I was wondering why does he stab Lelouch while the time is stopped???
Maybe it's because of some unknown restriction?

possible limitations:

-what happen when you close your eyes? Does the geass affect you?

Talking about eyes... did Nunally ever open her eyes? Is there a good reason for her to be blind? Maybe the producers "planned" something related to that?

I'm pretty sure someone has said in one of the manga stories she has a geass ability, i forgot what it was tho. As for Rollo stabbing Lulu, I guess I failed to catch that, i thought he just took the gun, i'm guessing it was to cause some pain to Lulu to distract him or something

Sorry miswrote the stuff....I meant why didn't he shoot or stab Lelouch while time stopped....

In the manga, Nunally has the geass to see the future (tashika ni...if I remember right)

Because that would be too cheap, and he likes to savor every second (haha) before he kills someone, and ya that ability sounds about right

Dibs on Ishida!
Apr 20, 2008 9:38 PM

Jun 2007
shirley was very moe in this episode, I dont remember her being like that in first season =/
again, another awesome episode & cant wait for the next one.

oh and, the chinesse guy is howt x3
possible partner for kallen?
Apr 20, 2008 10:17 PM
Apr 2008
The cliffhanger made me mad because it was so pointless.
It's obvious nothing is going to happend in the 4th episode of the season.
I'm super annoyed by that.

But overall, I like the episode.
I'm happy that it was no longer remaking the first season.
Lulu's plan in the mall was awesome.
The poster and the flashback creeped me out.
Apr 20, 2008 10:19 PM

Feb 2008
That Lelouch outfit was lawls ...

Awesome episode though, definitely a cliffhanger ending but I'd say all the episodes have been like that so far. Oh well, the pacing here seems quick just like the first season.
Apr 20, 2008 10:35 PM

Oct 2007
Is the emperor just pure evil or did something happen to him?

Back to this episode, Lelouch won't die, I'm just wondering how he's going to get out of that situation.
Shirley was awesome.
Lelouch more humane in him than Light, that's a given. (Only reason I bought that up was because I just wrote in the Deathnote vs. Code Geass topic)
Wtf is up with Rolo's geass? Where's the drawbacks? If there isn't any, I'll shoot someone >.<

-Who the hell voted 1 out of 5? >.>
Apr 20, 2008 11:32 PM

Sep 2007
Trojun said:
I loved this episode for sure but one thing confused me a little bit. I watched last season of CG a couple months ago fansubbed by [gg] and I could have sworn that the repeatability restriction on Lelouch's geass was that he couldn't give the same command twice to the same person - not that he couldn't command the same person twice - which is what I thought they said in this episode. Did I completely misread that? Or did anyone else get that impression as well?

The way I understand it, Lelouch can only use Geass once on each person, which is why he doesn't constantly Geass people. I does seem like Rolo can use it more than once on the same person, though, and is rather limited by proximity rather than amount, like Mao's. As for being cheap, we have to remember that Mao's Geass also seemed pretty unfair...until we realized that he couldn't turn it off. Maybe Rolo will get stuck in a frozen world?
It seems like Rolo isn't very interested in killing Lelouch. In fact, that entire group was assembled to monitor IF Lelouch got his power back. For whatever reason, rather than simply killing him, they opted to keep him alive, which Rolo seems very on-board for. That also means the Emperor didn't bother to tell anyone in the Tokyo division that Lelouch is Zero. I think Rolo prolly has some...attachment issues.
I can't fathom how Lelouch didn't at least expect Rolo had Geass, though. Seems pretty sloppy on his part.
I'm also on board for a love triangle: Kallen-Lelouch-Rolo. lol.
Apr 20, 2008 11:41 PM

Apr 2008
Monkey_D_Luffy said:
I wonder how Lelouch's gonna get himself out of this one.

Me too!

I really hate Rolo so far, he seems to have some of Nunnally's um..feelings maybe? I don't know, but I hate him so far. Gotta admit, his Geass is neat.

Apr 20, 2008 11:53 PM

Jun 2007
Suzaku is the biggest hypocrite. He wants to help japan yet he single handedly invades and takes out another country.
Apr 21, 2008 12:27 AM

Oct 2007
xxjanism said:
oh and, the chinesse guy is howt x3
possible partner for kallen?

The only possible partner for Kallen is Lelouch. Epic catfight inc between her and C.C this series.
Apr 21, 2008 12:27 AM

Jun 2007
7/10, worst episode so far. I suppose it's not surprising when this has been the first episode that hasn't been a repeat...

It started in an extremely anti-climatic manner - Rollo receiving a phone call from Lelouch, right when he was about to use his geass. This was followed by no explanation being given about how Lelouch used geass on the ambassador (how did Lelouch get to him without any of the other Chinese noticing?), switched with C.C. and got back to Ashford in a matter of minutes. The end aside, the rest of the episode seemed like filler.

Lelouch returned to Ashford, the writers using his fears for the safety of Nunnally as his reasoning for doing so, and much of the episode was spent with the Ashford gang doing nothing of interest.

Rollo was busy switching between running around Ashford like a headless chicken and reporting to Viletta, who without explanation has somehow gotten herself many promotions after being demoted in the previous series. In a nutshell, the special team Charlie sent in couldn't decide if Lelouch has returned to being Zero or if the new Zero is an imposter, so they're keeping up their observation in case he hasn't regained his memories and C.C. attempts to contact him.

Speaking of C.C., she offered Lelouch the most lame way of getting around his permanent geass - A 'special' contact lens. Why didn't see give it him as soon as his geass became permanent? The writers obviously hadn't planned for the return of filler school at that point, where they made a big deal of his permanent geass, making C.C. give a speech about her being the only one who will be left beside him.

Everyone's favourite character spinner, Suzaku, also made his usual short appearance. Just when the Europeans were celebrating their victory against Snigger, Suzaka appeared out of nowhere and owned a stupid amount of mechas on his own. I don't quite see the point in Britannia bothering sending anything else if 1x Lancelot can destroy an entire army...

Anyway, moving back to Lelouch: Lelouch decided to go for some Shirley action and take her shopping after hearing about the execution of 264 of his troops. To cut a boring story short, this resulted in Lelouch ending up alone with Rollo, Lelouch tried to geass him and ended up getting his own gun turned on him after Rollo used his ability to stop time.

At the same time, Xinghe decided to destroy the Black Knights on his own...with a sword, most likely after being informed that the ambassador had been replaced. I predict much running on walls in the next episode.

The episode was saved by the end. Apart from the announcement about the imprisoned Black Knights forces being executed tomorrow (in the CG world, obviously), there was very little good and certainly nothing epic about the episode.

In a strange way, the worst thing about the episode is how predictable the next few episodes are going to be as a result of Lelouch re-attending filler school: Suzaku will be sent in to test if Lelouch has returned to being Zero. Lelouch shouldn't even know who Suzaku is since his memories were erased, so it'll be the ultimate test for him to be put face to face with Suzaku on a daily basis...again.
Apr 21, 2008 12:29 AM

Dec 2007
loved it
Apr 21, 2008 12:44 AM

Oct 2007
Aionic said:
Rollo was busy switching between running around Ashford like a headless chicken and reporting to Viletta, who without explanation has somehow gotten herself many promotions after being demoted in the previous series.

She was the only Brittannian aside from Euphie and Suzaku (who was told by V.V) who Figured out who Zero was, was it really hard to put 2 + 2 together to figure out why she was promoted?

Speaking of C.C., she offered Lelouch the most lame way of getting around his permanent geass - A 'special' contact lens. Why didn't see give it him as soon as his geass became permanent?

Because it just happened that day as opposed to having an entire year to prepare it, if you weren't so cynical you wouldn't miss obvious answers.
Apr 21, 2008 12:45 AM

Sep 2007
Suzaku's appearance in this episode just made me hate him that much more...
Apr 21, 2008 12:51 AM

Nov 2007
This episode reminded me of just how much I love this series and how much I missed it when it was gone.......... NEVER LEAVE AGAIN!
Apr 21, 2008 12:55 AM
Feb 2008
This is getting absurd.
Apr 21, 2008 4:12 AM

Apr 2008
Aionic said:

Everyone's favourite character spinner, Suzaku, also made his usual short appearance. Just when the Europeans were celebrating their victory against Snigger, Suzaka appeared out of nowhere and owned a stupid amount of mechas on his own. I don't quite see the point in Britannia bothering sending anything else if 1x Lancelot can destroy an entire army...

Agreed
Apr 21, 2008 6:23 AM

Mar 2008
to sum up this episode in a sentence:

"TOKI GA TOMARE!"
Apr 21, 2008 7:08 AM

Oct 2007
with a slow start it was quite entertaining

Apr 21, 2008 8:19 AM

Apr 2007
NabeShogun said:

I can't fathom how Lelouch didn't at least expect Rolo had Geass, though. Seems pretty sloppy on his part.

The Geass is supposed to be a rare ability. I'm honestly more surprised that Lelouch is not completely freaked out by the fact his daddy has it, too.

Wanna bet the next beginning is anti-climaxic, too?

*rolo's cellphone beeps* "Oh, sorry, niisan, I got to take this even though I'm about to kill you. Again."
MeliApr 21, 2008 8:24 AM
Apr 21, 2008 8:38 AM

Nov 2007
Meli said:
The Geass is supposed to be a rare ability. I'm honestly more surprised that Lelouch is not completely freaked out by the fact his daddy has it, too.

Yeah, that surprises me, too. I mean, his father is in fact his most difficult rival.
And he isn't even thinking about how to beat him. Well, maybe that happens later in the show...

Anyway, great episode! Loved it!! Wonderful Lelouch scenes :3
Need more Lulu!!
Apr 21, 2008 9:07 AM

Mar 2008
Zomg it was great. And Rolo sure is a candidate to compete with Suzaku at being the most annoying character :Q.
Apr 21, 2008 10:18 AM

Feb 2008
Upon reading this thread, I realize that how come there has no one yet reacted about Nunally's spoiler not being tagged?!

Really! If there's a mod here, please edit their posts. It's the manga they're talking about and the details are not yet IN this episode. XD

Okay, back to episode discussion.

I didn't catch that the ambassador was replaced? What part of the episode was that? And to think that Rolo has the same ability as HIRO in HEROES, I think it's just plain what?! COPY?! I don't like to think so.

Also lol'd at Suzaku scene! It's really retarded! He's goal of freedom for Japan from inside really makes me want to laugh at him. Just running around in the war when NO ONE had ever told him to do so, then pawning those mechas.

Favorite scene: CC and Kallen scenes + the scene w/ the Chinese people

Favorite speech: Lulu - "This is how you create panic." XD

So by far, I would also think it's retarded to give a cliffhanger in just episode 4, it's too early. But, it's still okay; although it won't have effect on me cause I know already that it's really to early, it will give more + in wanting to view the next episode. Good job Sunrise! ^^ (btw, I love their Kekkaishi too!)

Episode score: 5/5
babykeijiApr 21, 2008 10:34 AM
Apr 21, 2008 10:22 AM

Mar 2008
and in the end, Lelouch kills the Britannian Emperor, kills Suzaku, spat on his corpse, and then takes over Britannia, ruling the world while hotly making love with CC, Karen, Anya, Shirley, and even Kaguya and Nunnally all at the same time :P
Apr 21, 2008 10:32 AM

Oct 2007
Don't forget Cornelia and Milley!
Apr 21, 2008 10:39 AM

Feb 2008
Hey! ALSO DON'T FORGET CECILE!

Aww, I would love that. Hahaha! Just kiddin'!
Apr 21, 2008 10:41 AM

Apr 2007
babykeiji said:
And to think that Rolo has the same ability as HIRO in HEROES, I think it's just plain what?! COPY?! I don't like to think so.

Huh? The only part that is the same is that they both manipulate time. For as far as we know, Rolo freezes time, Hiro bends time and space to do zomgwtf-timetravel and teleportation. They can lead to similar effects, but it's certainly not a plain copy.

...not that freezing time is the pineapple of originality... *coughs*

L_Lawliet said:
Yeah, that surprises me, too. I mean, his father is in fact his most difficult rival.
And he isn't even thinking about how to beat him. Well, maybe that happens later in the show...

I'm preferring the scenario where Lelouch is in fact already thinking about it, but because they're already pouring so much in our heads they do that off-screen until Lelouch goes ahead and pwns his father, and explains how he did it [in standard flashback mode] afterwards. Oh, with hints! Gotta love the hints!
Apr 21, 2008 10:42 AM

Oct 2007
Then he uses that thing to fight the gods to bring back Euphie to life, season 3 hentai called Code Geass R3: Lelouch's Ultimate Harem. First episode title is "It's good to be king".
Apr 21, 2008 10:56 AM

Feb 2008
Meli said:
babykeiji said:
And to think that Rolo has the same ability as HIRO in HEROES, I think it's just plain what?! COPY?! I don't like to think so.

Huh? The only part that is the same is that they both manipulate time. For as far as we know, Rolo freezes time, Hiro bends time and space to do zomgwtf-timetravel and teleportation. They can lead to similar effects, but it's certainly not a plain copy.

...not that freezing time is the pineapple of originality... *coughs*

Haha! Your right, that's why I don't like to think so. And because of your post, I would like to add a word. Rolo has almost the same ability as HIRO in HEROES! Then, is it fine, kana? kana?

Westlo said:
Then he uses that thing to fight the gods to bring back Euphie to life, season 3 hentai called Code Geass R3: Lelouch's Ultimate Harem. First episode title is "It's good to be king".

Hahaha! If that would be produced, it will be a big market! I think?! XD Hahaha!

And alongside the season 3 Hentai, there will still be RECAPS! Hahaha! And when the time comes that Lulu's Geass became so much powerful (C.C. mentioning the Geass became more and more powerful after time), Lulu's Geass can now take down the limitation of 1 command/person. Thus making a more forced-hentai scenes! Haha!
Apr 21, 2008 11:11 AM
Apr 2008
This ep is great! I can't wait to see how Lelouch get out of this mess! :)
Apr 21, 2008 11:21 AM

Feb 2008
NabeShogun said:
Trojun said:
I loved this episode for sure but one thing confused me a little bit. I watched last season of CG a couple months ago fansubbed by [gg] and I could have sworn that the repeatability restriction on Lelouch's geass was that he couldn't give the same command twice to the same person - not that he couldn't command the same person twice - which is what I thought they said in this episode. Did I completely misread that? Or did anyone else get that impression as well?

The way I understand it, Lelouch can only use Geass once on each person, which is why he doesn't constantly Geass people. I does seem like Rolo can use it more than once on the same person, though, and is rather limited by proximity rather than amount, like Mao's. As for being cheap, we have to remember that Mao's Geass also seemed pretty unfair...until we realized that he couldn't turn it off. Maybe Rolo will get stuck in a frozen world?
It seems like Rolo isn't very interested in killing Lelouch. In fact, that entire group was assembled to monitor IF Lelouch got his power back. For whatever reason, rather than simply killing him, they opted to keep him alive, which Rolo seems very on-board for. That also means the Emperor didn't bother to tell anyone in the Tokyo division that Lelouch is Zero. I think Rolo prolly has some...attachment issues.
I'm also on board for a love triangle: Kallen-Lelouch-Rolo. lol.

You will never know whats Lelouch is thinking. He may have predicted that Rolo have something special and did something to that gun.

Apr 21, 2008 11:28 AM
Oct 2006
wakka9ca said:

Manga spoiler:

Sukotsutsu said:

Manga spoiler:

So... what part of "THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE." you didn't understand? This is why I usually wont bother reading the anime episode threads.

Good episode. But I'm actually quite annoyed by the fact that there are more people with geasses. Thought it was a _really_ rare thing.
LateApr 21, 2008 11:36 AM
Apr 21, 2008 12:17 PM

Oct 2007
I loved it. The writers are so good at their jobs :P
Apr 21, 2008 12:39 PM

Jun 2007
Meli said:
*rolo's cellphone beeps* "Oh, sorry, niisan, I got to take this even though I'm about to kill you. Again."

It will be: The main character can't due until the end and they aren't going to kill off Rollo after 5 minutes. These cliffhangers just aren't very exciting at this stage of the series due to the viewer knowing no-one important is going to die... It'd be different if the scene had taken place towards the end of the series.

Instead of worrying about making the end of the episodes thrilling, it would've been nice if they'd put effort into the rest of the episodes and not recycled S1. Predictable cliffhangers every episode to keep the viewers coming back and repeated content; that's S2 so far in nutshell.

Apr 21, 2008 1:11 PM
Sep 2007
cant wait too see the master plan to rescue all the kuro no kishidan leaders, and revive their rundown army once again to full strength
but atm it doesnt look to good for poor lelouch ^^"
still, nippon banzai ;)
Apr 21, 2008 1:26 PM

Feb 2008
Rolo and Suzaku must die >:[

Great episode, yet again Lelouch's escape tactics are brilliant. It's always fun to see how it turns out.

Cliff hanger! DUN DUN DUN.
Apr 21, 2008 1:56 PM

Jul 2007
Late said:
So... what part of "THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE." you didn't understand? This is why I usually wont bother reading the anime episode threads.

Good episode. But I'm actually quite annoyed by the fact that there are more people with geasses. Thought it was a _really_ rare thing.

1. Get an info before trolling, geass Manga has nothing to do with story of anime, and so its as good side material to point out arguments as geass novels or Lost Colors game. Of course spoiler tags should be used too for harder plot points. That fact about Nunnally is not hard plot point.

2. Three people (4 if including mao) is HARDLY "everyone". over-exaggeration does not help.
Apr 21, 2008 1:57 PM

Feb 2008
Great cliffhanger, CG still continues to impress.

Rollo's geass obviously has to have a limitation, probably decreased range/duration with frequent use or maybe only decreased duration when used repeatedly on the same person. In a battle I guess he would want the second limitation :)

Lelouch's crazy yet brilliant plans are still awesome

I want Kallen to kick some Knightmare ass already, that one Brittanian Knightmare she destroyed in episode 1 just isn't enough. Also, good job Kallen, figuring out that C.C. should have been the bunny. Furthermore, good job embarrassing yourself in front of the chinese.
Apr 21, 2008 2:21 PM
Oct 2006
Fai said:
1. Get an info before trolling, geass Manga has nothing to do with story of anime, and so its as good side material to point out arguments as geass novels or Lost Colors game. Of course spoiler tags should be used too for harder plot points. That fact about Nunnally is not hard plot point.

2. Three people (4 if including mao) is HARDLY "everyone". over-exaggeration does not help.

1. Yeah I admit that I had no idea that manga has a different story line so I'm sorry about that. But why should I try to get info about this if I'm afraid I would get spoiled even more? Considering that usually anime follows the same story line than the anime anyone who didn't read it could take that as a spoiler. I'm glad It's not one.

2. I can't believe someone got pissed because of this line. :p You might want to point out where I used the word "everyone". I didn't say it and I didn't mean it. I thought the geass was a REALLY (underlined for your pleasure) rare thing. A power that only the main character would have. But now it seems they are popping out one after another. I just hope these are the only geasses we're going to see.
Apr 21, 2008 2:28 PM

Jan 2008
Weird how they're able to keep up this level of epicness even through a second season. This keeps getting better and better.

My Prediction of the Week:

Lelouch will end up with Karen.

Apr 21, 2008 2:31 PM

Apr 2008
Besides Rollo's ZA WARUDO, I wasn't too fond of this episode. I didn't like the whole Lelouch surveillance thing, the anti-climactic phone call,.not to mention Haxzaku taking out all those knightmares without a scratch. On the plus side though it seems we'll be getting an epic rescue mission next week.

If I had to take a guess as to why Rollo cares about that locket so much i'd say it's because it's his first real posession, what with him being created artifitially (I assume) and all, and that it makes him feel "real". As horribly cheesy and emo as that sounds.

Still, i'm hoping for some reason or another he'll join up with Lelouch for a while before eventually dying (in a nice way of course).
Apr 21, 2008 2:43 PM

Jun 2007
Westlo said:
The only possible partner for Kallen is Lelouch. Epic catfight inc between her and C.C this series.

dont see lulu ending with kallen. although I would like to see c.c vs kallen
I think he either ends up with c.c or dies alone
Apr 21, 2008 2:48 PM

Jun 2007
Suiko said:
Besides Rollo's ZA WARUDO, I wasn't too fond of this episode. I didn't like the whole Lelouch surveillance thing, the anti-climactic phone call,.not to mention Haxzaku taking out all those knightmares without a scratch. On the plus side though it seems we'll be getting an epic rescue mission next week.

...What!? Someone who isn't a Geasstard? Wonders will never cease.

Suiko said:
If I had to take a guess as to why Rollo cares about that locket so much i'd say it's because it's his first real posession, what with him being created artifitially (I assume) and all, and that it makes him feel "real". As horribly cheesy and emo as that sounds.

If I were to guess, I'd bet Rollo is actually the Emperor's son; one he had with a mistress. The Emperor probably raised him as a killer, with him most likely never knowing kindness, which is why the one gift Lelouch gave him means a lot to him.

Lelouch will probably get him on side by treating him as an actual brother and not a tool.
Apr 21, 2008 3:07 PM
Mar 2008
I think that the Geass of Rolo doesn't stop the time, but stop the minds instead :)

If you think it well, every Geass has something to do with Mnd, and i think Rolo is the same thing...

Im loving it, new level again ^^
Apr 21, 2008 3:23 PM

Apr 2008
how do you explain him dodging the explosion?
Apr 21, 2008 3:49 PM

Jun 2007
Aionic said:
7/10, worst episode so far. I suppose it's not surprising when this has been the first episode that hasn't been a repeat...

It started in an extremely anti-climatic manner - Rollo receiving a phone call from Lelouch, right when he was about to use his geass. This was followed by no explanation being given about how Lelouch used geass on the ambassador (how did Lelouch get to him without any of the other Chinese noticing?), switched with C.C. and got back to Ashford in a matter of minutes. The end aside, the rest of the episode seemed like filler.

Lelouch returned to Ashford, the writers using his fears for the safety of Nunnally as his reasoning for doing so, and much of the episode was spent with the Ashford gang doing nothing of interest.

Rollo was busy switching between running around Ashford like a headless chicken and reporting to Viletta, who without explanation has somehow gotten herself many promotions after being demoted in the previous series. In a nutshell, the special team Charlie sent in couldn't decide if Lelouch has returned to being Zero or if the new Zero is an imposter, so they're keeping up their observation in case he hasn't regained his memories and C.C. attempts to contact him.

Speaking of C.C., she offered Lelouch the most lame way of getting around his permanent geass - A 'special' contact lens. Why didn't see give it him as soon as his geass became permanent? The writers obviously hadn't planned for the return of filler school at that point, where they made a big deal of his permanent geass, making C.C. give a speech about her being the only one who will be left beside him.

Anyway, moving back to Lelouch: Lelouch decided to go for some Shirley action and take her shopping after hearing about the execution of 264 of his troops. To cut a boring story short, this resulted in Lelouch ending up alone with Rollo, Lelouch tried to geass him and ended up getting his own gun turned on him after Rollo used his ability to stop time.

At the same time, Xinghe decided to destroy the Black Knights on his own...with a sword, most likely after being informed that the ambassador had been replaced. I predict much running on walls in the next episode.

The episode was saved by the end. Apart from the announcement about the imprisoned Black Knights forces being executed tomorrow (in the CG world, obviously), there was very little good and certainly nothing epic about the episode.

In a strange way, the worst thing about the episode is how predictable the next few episodes are going to be as a result of Lelouch re-attending filler school: Suzaku will be sent in to test if Lelouch has returned to being Zero. Lelouch shouldn't even know who Suzaku is since his memories were erased, so it'll be the ultimate test for him to be put face to face with Suzaku on a daily basis...again.

mostly Disagreed...

firstly, did you think of lelouch using his geass to get through the Chinese army like he has done most of the times?

villeta got promotions because she knows about geass and lelouche's true identity...

if you watched season one, and have enough brain cells to put together simple thoughts, you should be able to figure out that lelouche got his permanent geass the day he initiated the last rebellion. in fact, the last rebellion got initiated because of the permanent geass, and i doubt that C.C would have known that lelouche would be getting a permanent geass at that time. she DID NOT have time to get a contact lens for lelouche since they were fighting against the brittanian army... and lelouche got taken to the king right after his last show down against suzaku, and after that he lost his memories, and his geass got temporary turned off. really, you could have figured this out with really little logic, and knowing the events of season one... i take that you watched season one already, or else, you wouldn't be watching this...

not that much of the episode centered around the student council, only the scene with lelouch preparing the food. the rest is just images of what lelouch did while explaining his thoughts.. the pictures go to show that nunally has been forgotten by everybody.

lelouche's outgoing with shirley was mostly because he wanted to get out of the academy without being noticed, and also lelouch regretting the fact that he erased shirley's memories. and then double cliffhanger...really, it was not that boring of an episode, not all episodes can be completely action+lelouch goodness... sometimes they have to explain things, and show how the conflict is affecting people related to the main.

though, i agree with your suzaku comment

i agree with some comments and not others... but really... didnt you watch episode two? lelouche's memories didn't get erased, just replaced.. since he remembered everything after he made contact with C.C. suzaku also knows zero's identity, so its very doubtful that he will be going back to ashford academy, and if he is, lelouch should kill him at first sight... no one from the council knows him since their memories got replaced, and since he betrayed lelouch's friendship for his hypocritical thinking he might take lelouch to the king once again....

now, up to my own opinions...
i really liked the kallen and C.C moment, it looked so awkward for kallen, and so.. usual for C.C... i would love to see a love triangle here... since it seems like kallen has taken a liking for lelouch again... also, more kallen fanservice xD

rollo's affection for that heart chain is.... freaky.. i wonder why lelouche gave it to him in the first place... and i mean... why a heart? was he subconsciously thinking about nunally?
also rollo seems to have taken an affection to his new family... my guess is that the king geass'd him
suzaku's hypocritical appearance annoyed me.... we already know that lancelot is powerful... and that suzaku is a complete hypocritical idiot.... no need to show that... i guess the point was to make it seem like the other knights of rounds have confidence in suzaku...

good job kallen for realizing that you are the fanservice girl for the show xD
though, i wouldn't have minded C.C wearing that

shirley got her time in this episode, i didn't mind it.. but i would love to see more kallen and lelouch moments like epi 2...

i love lelouch's thinking... such a fast mind, such a genious... really... he is such an interesting character xD

and i want to know rollo's geass' weakness too... probably how much space the geass will be active in... and duration... but even with little of those, its still an overpowered geass... he has to have another weakness...anyways, cliffie for next epi... as always
Apr 21, 2008 4:12 PM
Nov 2007
I wanna see some main characters die. Seeing Kallen in some epic fight against one of the round knights would be beast. But that's not going to happen. That guy survived after Vilette shot him in the gut at point blank, so in R2 a character's "death" will amount to their memory being erased. -_-;
Apr 21, 2008 5:00 PM

Feb 2008
wakka9ca said:
Rollo's Geass has the following apparent limitations:

-It has an area limitation.
-It has a time limit.

Also I was wondering why does he stab Lelouch while the time is stopped???
Maybe it's because of some unknown restriction?

possible limitations:

-what happen when you close your eyes? Does the geass affect you?

Talking about eyes... did Nunally ever open her eyes? Is there a good reason for her to be blind? Maybe the producers "planned" something related to that?

Sukotsutsu said:
As for Rollo stabbing Lulu, I guess I failed to catch that, i thought he just took the gun, i'm guessing it was to cause some pain to Lulu to distract him or something

I don't think anyone else has said this yet, but I believe the reason they are keeping Lelouch alive is to use him as bait to draw out C.C. I'm not 100% certain on that but that's the impression I got.
Apr 21, 2008 5:18 PM
Feb 2008
Yeah, they can just rewrite his memory again.

Unless it's once per person.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 28, 2008

1901 by DarkVoyagerx »»
Mar 25, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Aug 17, 2008

435 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 21, 2:23 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Jun 29, 2008

291 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 20, 2:21 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 14, 2008

305 by Beatnik »»
Feb 17, 11:58 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Dremark - Sep 7, 2008

430 by Beatnik »»
Feb 17, 10:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.