MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

AniDB Import
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Support »» AniDB Import

04-19-08, 1:38 PM

I can't seem to be able to use the AniDB import feature, I always get the following error:

"The following errors occurred:
- Please select a file to upload"

I followed the instructions on the page and tried several times to upload the "mylist.xml" file, but I still get this error. Any ideas of what I could be doing wrong? (And before anyone asks, yes, I did select a file to upload)

01-10-09, 4:31 AM

Yeah I got same problem, its only work with files in Anime folder (a####.xml) but I got there more than 6000 files (90MB) :(
please help
"PEOPLE'S DREAMS NEVER END!" Marshall D. Teach
I Am The Man Who Will Become the Anime King !!! ^^

01-10-09, 9:49 AM
Site Administrator
Try to split your anidb file. Basically, cut out a lot of the series and only try importing a few at a time.

01-10-09, 2:14 PM

Thank you very much, its work :) I tried 1,3MB part of it :) cool thank
"PEOPLE'S DREAMS NEVER END!" Marshall D. Teach
I Am The Man Who Will Become the Anime King !!! ^^

07-24-10, 2:27 AM

Hi, I´ve follow the instructions to import from anidb, but it doesn´t work. It stays blank without adding anything.

07-24-10, 2:48 AM

Ii tenki desu ne...

07-24-10, 8:22 AM

Thanks, I will try to split

08-24-10, 5:16 PM

Is anybody else experiencing the same problem as me? When I upload the whole exported anidb mylist (2,6MB), I get following message: "The following errors occurred:
- Please select a file to upload".

When I made mylist export shorter as it's mentioned in previous post (only 10 titles), only blank page appeared after upload and when I made It even shorter (1 title) then I've got a message about 0 added titles. I have around 1200 titles in anidb and adding it manually would be really annoying :( Could you help me please?

08-28-10, 7:49 AM

I can't import my anidb.net list. I've done everything as mentioned on the import funtion site.

"AniDB Import
This feature allows members to import Anime from their list at AniDB.

To use this feature, log in to AniDB. Click on My List in the navigation menu. Find the link labelled Mylist Export. Under the template drop down, select xml. Click Request Export. Depending on how busy their server is, it could take a few hours to have your list exported. In the mean time, how about checking out our forum?

Once you have a new message indicating your list was exported, download it and extract it. Click on the browse button below this text, find and click mylist.xml in whatever directory you extracted it to. Click import. Done! "

the mylist.xml file is just a few KB big (150KB). I've even tried to import a single .xml file... /anime/aXX.xml... but it didn't work. Any ideas, suggestions ? :(

08-29-10, 12:43 AM

I'm new and of course wanted to import from AniDB, however even when I split it down to 2 titles it either will say 0 import or just a blank white screen. Is there some form of splitter script or tool than will work?

08-31-10, 4:36 AM

wont work for me it keeps saying 0 titles added and this is definietly false

09-02-10, 4:31 AM

same problem here tried to split but only what i see is white screen...

09-02-10, 2:59 PM

same :(

09-02-10, 5:50 PM
DB Administrator
Sorry, I'm not exactly sure what the problem is and the only person that can help you with this is Xinil. I will try to direct his attention to this thread as soon as I can. Please be patient.

09-20-10, 6:25 PM

So, any word on this?

I just tried importing my mylist.xml file (xml file itself is about 500kb in size, Anime Folder about 15MB, contains 200 xml files) and also just got a blank screen after uploading with nothing being added to my list. I tried to upload some single .xml files, but that did not change anything. I'll try to split up my AniDB files later on today.

09-20-10, 6:49 PM
DB Administrator
AniDB import should be fixed upon next release, which will be released this week. Sorry, just a few more days :)

11-01-12, 10:12 AM

Just tried AniDB import and it worked "mostly". It did not convert/import the personal ratings given. Is there no .xml export format that also includes those values?

11-01-12, 10:36 AM
DB Administrator
Andy22 said:
Just tried AniDB import and it worked "mostly". It did not convert/import the personal ratings given. Is there no .xml export format that also includes those values?

There is, but you can't import this template here and adding your ratings to the other export file apparently doesn't work, see also my post in this thread.

Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices