Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 30, 2014 5:06 AM

Jul 2012
The final fight was a bit disappointing and ainti climatic. Big harem, fun and action. Story and animation was okay and the music was average. All in all it was fun to watch but not "amazing".

7/10
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Dec 6, 2014 1:50 AM

Jan 2013
An alright show, the ending felt a bit empty with how the fight went and how easily it seemed to defeat Babalun in the end.
Overall I'd say I quite enjoyed this show and didnt get bored with it, the story was alright, even though the serious parts started halfway through.

8/10 for me
Dec 25, 2014 11:11 AM

Jan 2014
oh God the ending implied.. he can marry as many girls as he wants...
this series was damn pretty good...
9/10
DeadZeroSourceJul 16, 2015 8:47 AM
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Apr 18, 2015 8:25 PM

Nov 2011
well... my thoughts on Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari

1. totally did not know about this despite the fact that I love LOVE romance series very VERY much. did not know until someone told me a while back. Therefore was VERY excited to watch this from the very beginning.

2. was skeptical about this 45min per episode thing since I have never seen any series like it before, but was convinced right away after first few episodes that 45min was NOT enough for me... lol

3. That ending though... sigh, first of all those lines confused me... had no idea what they meant at all Orz plus I'd like the ending to be more... lovely as a romance type, meaning I want to see the outcome of this harem!! Man... T.T That ending felt so... unsatisfying to me, sigh.

4. Thought Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari was a combination of Eureka Seven AND Zero no Tsukaima as I was watching it... from its Mecha and Ecchi-Romance parts respectively. Oh, I should mention I love both of those series =w= just check my scores on them (I usually rate high, so low scores from me mean VERY terrible).

5. I totally love the art and characters~ even the OP song too, not too much the ED though =w= I can't say I enjoy 100% from its story since there were multiple childish parts... but there is a reason I still rated this a 9 alright? hehe~ I really REALLY hope there is another season to get a better harem ending... this ending is not one of those I like that much...

For best bride, I'd go for Aura> Yukine > Doll/Mexiah, though I am tempted to switch the last two because of the last scene with DollxKenshi, haha. I usually go for the most natural route for choosing my fav bride, Aura because Aura and Kenshi should actually be engaged already =3= Chaia is just some girl who lost her feelings for another man, I really don't like those type of girls... no matter how good they look... zannen death. BUT Aura~ Yukine~ Doll/Mexiah <3

P.S. Someone please explain those lines in the ending scenes for me, I was watching subbed but had no idea what they really meant!! T.T Sankyu~
ota92pponApr 18, 2015 8:28 PM
Jun 2, 2015 6:48 PM

Jan 2012
Nice happy ending 7,5/10 , what a big harem.

Oct 1, 2015 4:54 PM

Apr 2014
3rd time watching this...still good as when I first watch.
Out of all the Tenchi series, I like this one best.
9/10
Dec 1, 2015 6:05 PM
Dec 2014
While I was first very hesistant about the episode length +45 minutes (I like to binge watch so usually can fit 12/13 eps in one night), I was very pleasantly suprised about this. Very exiciting anime, good comedy but I wish the romance was bit better (like we only got one kiss, if you even can call it that, him being unconsious) but this being a harem anime what can you expect, obviously he wasnt going to choose anyone.

Favorite girl is definitly Yukine and then Aura.

Overall 9/10 show.

And while the other related series to his may be good, I dont plan on watching them, I felt this was good as a standalone ova.
Jan 10, 2016 3:40 AM

Apr 2012
This was a great show I can honestly say I haven't watched the original tenchi Muyou only the GXP one but even if I had this would have to be one of the best spin-off of a anime I've have seen you wouldn't have to see any of the other ones to get into to it. Granted there are a few questions here and there but regardless it really isn't relevant to get into the show. Gets a 8/10 from me.
Feb 3, 2016 7:12 PM
Nov 2014
Great show, but alas its been six years since it came out and no sight of a second season....... sigh well at least it was a 9/10 for me
Feb 7, 2016 8:30 AM

Aug 2011
Well let me start out by saying I love this series. Honestly shocked I didn't know of this series till 2 days ago.

Anyway, this episode or the final fight to be more specific was a let down for me. I guess my expectations were a bit too too high. From episode 1 I was expecting Tenchi or someone from that side to make an appearance at some point but that didn't happen. The fight could of been or should of been more dramatic like earlier ones but still good nonetheless.

A few questions remained unanswered and that herma at the end. Well I'm sure kenshi is able to satisfy them all but still, that sure is a ridiculous amount.

I see people posting until season 2 so often and I must ask, how can u guys be so confident there'll be one?

This series is abo great. A 9/10 if not for the last episode......what the heck? That doesn't matters or reduce the quality of the show so a masterpiece it is. 10/10
Feb 7, 2016 8:33 AM

Aug 2011
hlubkoj2020 said:
3rd time watching this...still good as when I first watch.
Out of all the Tenchi series, I like this one best.
9/10

I totally agree with you. It might even be better than the original
Jun 7, 2016 7:47 AM

Mar 2016
Aura and Yukine are probably the girls with the better personalities. ._. Those two as wives and rest are mistresses.
Aug 26, 2016 7:41 AM

Feb 2015
From how the story went. it was pretty well executed imo. well, obvious there is no romance in this series cause it's a harem xD and in additon their common sense. hardly to see romance from this series xD

The animation sometimes looked derp but when it comes to the action, i think it was amazing and intense. although the soundtrack sometimes didn't fit kinda well with the action scenes.

The character, i like it a lot especially the MC for being overpowered AF and his personality xD not like any other typical harem, ecchi series, he's a little bit different xD more like a brat imo.

Overall i enjoyed the show. great choice to make this seires into a 45 min lenght series imo. cause if it's only 24 min leght, normal lenght video, i doubt i would enjoyed it. but even tho i enjoyed, the ending wasn't satisfiying to me. cause there are still some mystery left. for example, Kenshi's past. yes, it's important. cause they think Kenshi is a doll, right ? but Kenshi said, he has a familiy. sister, dad, mom, i just can't help but get curious with his past. feels like there are still something big hiding on his past. and in addition, we still don't know what was the dialouge in the end of the episode means...it was the same thing like in the first episode, first scene. there was that kind of dialouge. what was that ? still a mystery. and tbh, i kinda get dissapointed a bit just because of that. if they solved it, i would gave 9/10 for this show but 8/10 for this show just cause of that. probably cause i'm looking foward to it, for them to solved the mystery.

well, anyway, i still enjoyed the show in the end xD
really hope for a second season xD and in OVA type of series like this one too xD
Dec 11, 2016 11:17 AM

Mar 2014
still getting annoyed with chiaia and her affection for dagmeyr in the first half.

6/10
Dec 21, 2016 10:25 PM
Jul 2015
Hey Can I ask Something!!!!!!!

Is there gonna be a season 2 in Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari??

The ENDING has many questioned in it....

What the hell was that SWORD?? Who the hell are his sister?? Who summoned Kenshi??? Is Lashara fell in LOVE with KENSHI??

So there are possibility of SEASON 2 in Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari??
I think there is a possibility of 80% of having a SEASON 2
Dec 31, 2016 1:48 AM
Sep 2015
Disappointing ending. Left it open for ... what? 6 years later, nothing. And ofc 0 development with Kenshi's harem which just kept growing. Should've either sent him home with one or 6 of the girls, or had the mass marriage with all hundreds of them and started the honeymoon, like a larger version of
ending.

Looks like they let off Dag's two goons with a stern talking too as well. How disappointing - though I guess they can't very well waste male mechromancers.

Just think how many problems would've been solved with artificial insemination. None of that forced marriage bullshit, just forced sperm donations.
Jan 20, 2017 8:08 AM

Apr 2016
0-Lelouch said:

What the hell was that SWORD?? Who the hell are his sister?? Who summoned Kenshi??? Is Lashara fell in LOVE with KENSHI??

Its highly unlikely that we'll see a season two. The B/D sales were really low and so i doubt they will make another one. you cn hope but its been 7 years now. its 5% or lower that there will be an isekai two for that matter.
Jan 24, 2017 3:26 PM

Feb 2014
So... actually the only interesting and important episodes were episodes 01, 11, 12 and 13... the others................

I can't understand how this anime is SO overrated (8+ average score here on MAL).

To tell you the truth, I almost drop this anime at episode 04 or 05... each episode with 45 min and nothing was progressing.... and when it progressed, it was a little messed up and confusing.
What kept me watching were some characters that I liked.

5/10
Mar 18, 2017 9:34 PM

Sep 2014
It usually takes me so little to drop the anime I don't like..
No fucking clue why did I stick with this one until the end, weird.

4/10
Apr 18, 2017 11:52 AM

Dec 2014
0-Lelouch said:

This series is a spin-off of the Tenchi Muyo OVAs, which have had some pretty long gaps between seasons.

OVA 1 - 1992
OVA 2 - 1994
OVA 3 - 2003
OVA 4 - 2016

So a new season is unlikely, but not impossible.
May 2, 2017 1:00 PM
Oct 2015
Just watched the series in one big run. Was a fun anime. Not the best i ever seen, but entertaining. Not really well known and underrated.

But watching the series throughout the night the ending was a bit disappointing. Lashara going from nice to money addicted to crying was a bit strange.Chiaia even seriously thinking to kill him in his sleep...

The most interesting girls were actually the "bad" ones. Doll, Emera and Lan.
Actually I found Lan the most interesting and serious girl of the Anime.She even tried to make a move on Kenshi. Too bad did not work out.
Jul 16, 2017 4:48 AM

Nov 2008
Was kinda sad Lan failed to take out the future big bad / annoying antagonist and seemingly was taken out by the 'blinded by love' Emera sigh
sirwenceJul 16, 2017 5:12 AM
Mar 11, 2018 3:40 PM
Jun 2016
It's was amazing it's been a couple years since it aired but all I can do is wait for the second season.i wish so bad for it too. Overall it was an amazing and wonderful experience and it had thought me alot.great job 10/10 (mustly because harem and the OP-ness)
Apr 30, 2018 6:40 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
DeathfireD said:
Kenshi clearly used a single light hawk wing as a sword.

OK, so I'm not imagining things, that definitely looked like a Light Hawk Blade at the end
Dec 1, 2018 7:48 AM

Apr 2013
Well the ending was just like the show, forgettable. Typical Gary Stu harem show with not much else to offer really. 2/10
Feb 27, 2019 7:25 PM

Mar 2016
Over 40 minutes for a final episode and it still manages to suck ass and feel rushed. How does anime do it? I guess it goes to show that if your conflict has no tension the only thing you can do is go through the motions of a final battle. The Rea/Ulyte stuff shouldn't have even been mentioned, it was so inconsequential but treated as more important than ending the war, which was just really strange.

Kenshi is an irritating little cockroach, but I can't really hate him....I'll just say the way the writing treats him is not really for me. And as far as the harem goes, the main girls weren't even half as good as I thought they were going to be. I thought Yukine would be really fun to watch, but she does absolutely nothing. Well, a lot of them do absolutely nothing. It's pretty obvious that Kenshi is the only character the writing wants us to care about, and it reaches a point where all of the girls feel like they could be protags in their own shoujo romance. Of all girls, Dagmeyr's attendant was pretty great I guess.

All that said, I still had a good time with this. No doubt this wouldn't look or feel as tight as it does if it were a 26 episode TV series. Very impressed with the planning that must have went into the anime and the overall production: especially the way the setting was fleshed out and the pacing of the narrative up until the last two or three episodes.

(For what it's worth, I know almost nothing about the Tenchi franchise)
syncrogazerFeb 27, 2019 7:46 PM
May 9, 2019 1:34 PM

Aug 2017
I had a feeling the stone club would transform into something more elegant after Kenshi got mad

Kenshi is in for neverending childmaking. This is the Holy Grail of the victorious harem king. 7/10 for this show. Good harem but didn't like the story much.

May 19, 2019 7:17 AM

Nov 2016
Now that's what I call a harem. I liked this series overall, but not that much for the plot. I would still like to know how things will play out. That said, it's been so many years already and still no continuation..

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 12, 2019 4:04 PM
Dec 2017
I'm totally fine with the harem ending. It's a harem show so one should expect Kenshi harem to end like that. What I didn't like was that none of the antagonists died. Whoever heard of a "War" with no consequences.

I also didn't like how they left everything so open-ended. Almost like they were hoping for a second season. The story started out interesting, but by episode 10 I started to roll my eyes at the plot.

Score 7/10.
TheKoopaKingNov 14, 2019 3:09 PM
Nov 25, 2019 11:24 AM

Sep 2012
TheKoopaKing said:
I'm totally fine with the harem ending. It's a harem show so one should expect Kenshi harem to end like that. What I didn't like was that none of the antagonists died. Whoever heard of a "War" with no consequences.

I also didn't like how they left everything so open-ended. Almost like they were hoping for a second season. The story started out interesting, but by episode 10 I started to roll my eyes at the plot.

Score 7/10.

longer similar ending less women
https://myanimelist.net/anime/1133/Tenchi_Muyou_GXP?q=tenchi%20muyou%20gpx
the empress there is older and one hell of a fox if u think she was fox to i say this that this empress is way more fox and scheming fox

Aug 14, 2020 4:42 AM
Aug 2020
Basically it’s an harem ending, glad to know it . All women’s in the Swan and get pregnant by Kenshi . I think they will be no season 2 since the LN is just 1 volumes(complete with the same ending), manga is the same(on going but still 2 years now) . So basically the anime ending is the real ending . Good anime easily 8.5/10
Aug 14, 2020 6:22 AM
Aug 2020
vansonbee said:
Doll transforming into Mexiah was hilarious (boobs got bigger).

Chiaia my favorite, she has this big sister aura around Kenshi, but why did she run after him, in the last part, where everyone wanted to marry him? :D I would say the main heroine is Chiaia and the princess.

Kenshi might have more girls after him, than his older brother, but its quality, not quantity.

Chiaia Chase him because she also start develop some feelings for him and she will undoubtedly fall in love for him in future . Lashara also don’t want someone else stole him .
Aug 14, 2020 6:33 AM
Aug 2020
avrc said:
......I'm in a bit of a loss as to how to assess this episode, but oh well, here goes.

I'd rate the series highly but this final episode - the final battle in particular - was a bit of a letdown in several aspects. First, Kenshi being a Gary Stu completely worked against him in this battle. Having his Seikishi come out unscathed diminished the atmosphere of an final-battle-that-decides-the-fate-of-world, with him just hacking and slashing at Gaia likes there's no tomorrow. As a fan of action anime, I was very disappointed as to how this turned out; I expect and like prize fight boxing matches that go into the final round, with both participants weary, bloody and barely conscious, pulling out every last bit of strength they could muster until only one is left standing. Obviously that wasn't the case here.

Second, the OST, oh god, the OST. The tracks were re-used one after another until it became stale and redundant that it was another factor that affected the atmosphere for the worst. I know this is a light-hearted series from the very beginning but something like Dance of Curse being used in that sequence of Gaia vs. Kenshi wouldn't have been too much to ask for? Right?

Lastly, the expositions toward the end were a bit long-winded that I really didn't care enough as to who did how and why he/she did what. Babalun getting up, then falling down, then getting up again like a damn cockroach was painful to watch - it killed the pacing.

Bah, though it seems like I'm rambling and nitpicking and posting a mini, slight rant here, I did like this series very, very, very much since it managed to take so many genres and roll it into one fantastic show. Sleek and creative "mecha" designs, gorgeous character designs, solid cast of characters, plenty of Crowning Moments of Awesome, and most of all, Kajishima's trademark skill at being an amazing world-builder, this show shined on many elements. 9/10 from me and a slot in one of my favorites.

Hopefully a sequel is in the works.

You know only an age gap of 4-5 years with Kenshi wouldn’t stop Lashara .
Feb 11, 2021 9:45 PM

Apr 2017
Dude literally saved the world by defeating the final boss without getting scratched and he still gets treated like an object without free will.

I wanted at least one of the girls to ask him at least once who he likes.

I wanted at least once the main character to show any semblance of personality or will.

He sits there while some girls he knows for a few months at best discuss about who gets ownership of him and he says nothing.

I don't know what kind of writing I expected from this series, but this ain't it.
cunnysseur
Jul 29, 2021 6:01 PM

Nov 2010
Decent battles, but it felt like nothing was at stake. So it wasn't that exciting to watch.

I prefer the Doll version of Mexiah. She's so cute. Too bad she barely had any scenes.

The twist at the end was kinda pointless, but I guess that explains why Neizai was helping them out.

I wonder if Kenshi will have enough "seeds" for all those girls haha

I wish there was a S2. I'm gonna miss Doll and Maria. 7/10
Aug 18, 2021 2:27 PM

Sep 2018
Eh, thought it would be a lot better tbh, the way some people talk up this anime. Relied far too much on info dumping and exposition. Didn't really care for the characters either. 6/10.
Dec 8, 2021 5:42 PM

May 2008
This was a fun anime, well worth a re-watch and VERY bingeable. The pacing really drags and the musical accompanyment is kind of lame, but the characters are great, the story is complex and intreguing, and there's enough eechi to keep me entertained, and on the CCDCT scale it's a 9 out of 10
Sep 23, 2022 2:02 AM
Aug 2019
What happened in the very last scene?
Who talks there and I do not understand what they talk about fully.

Are those the ones who made Kenchi isekai to this world?
Sep 26, 2022 12:15 PM
Sep 2022
Another anime cop out ending
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » tenchi muyo! war on geminar 2rd season ( 1 2 )

animeking2115 - Nov 14, 2015

62 by Lilitu_Vito »»
Oct 31, 2023 7:56 AM

Poll: » Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari Episode 11 Discussion

Khalid - Apr 5, 2010

31 by Mattinator95 »»
Jul 29, 2023 10:39 AM

Poll: » Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari Episode 1 Discussion

Lvhina - May 6, 2009

36 by Lawgun »»
Mar 21, 2023 8:46 AM

Poll: » Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari Episode 12 Discussion

Antanaru - May 26, 2010

24 by Seabury »»
Sep 11, 2022 9:03 PM

Poll: » Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari Episode 8 Discussion

Mephz - Dec 12, 2009

36 by Seabury »»
Aug 25, 2022 10:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.