Forum Settings
Forums
xxxHOLiC Omnibus
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 8, 2010 8:19 PM

Nov 2007

* I cannot open up a poll forum because someone opened up with the same forum and changed the title to chapter 204.5.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 13, 2010 8:20 AM

Apr 2008
Now that xxxHolic has switched to a monthly publication, instead of the weekly, the extra pages are definitely a relief when it comes to story pacing. You can accomplish alot more with 50 pages, than 13. Of course, the drawback is that I'll now have to wait 30 days for the next chapter..

As for the chapter, it looks like another timeskip has occurred as we're now seeing everyone even more older, the prime example being Kohane is now a student at the same university where Domeki teaches as an assistant. Although, what really hits home the fact of the timeskip is how tall she is. Though there weren't standing side by side, I wouldn't be surprised if Kohane is not as tall, if not taller than Watanuki. I guess it's not surprising, if you consider the fact that she's now physically older than him.

What's going to get sadder and sadder, is if Watanuki ends up being 'marooned from time' as everyone (human) he knows ages, get married, have kids, and eventually die (i.e. live life), while he's alone with their descendants and the supernatural.

Speaking of get married, is it just me, or did it seem Domeki and Kohane have a spark between them? With him calling her on a first name basis, and her holding his hand with both of hers.

Anyway, a great chapter. If the poll was working, I'd give this a 5/5.
Jun 13, 2010 8:49 AM

Dec 2007
Holic is growing fond of timeskipping, which is not very pleasant but seriously remarks the implications of Watanuki's stopped time.
Kohane now goes to university and studies the same thing Doumeki does. that plus the little scene between those two before dinner makes me wonder if that is related to she having feelings for Doumeki or both of them studying Japanese Folklore in order to get closer to the worlds Watanuki lives now... or maybe both are at work here.
I guess now it's 30 days until we know what is it that Kimihiro is holding and what wants to take it away.

It's 4/5 for me since timeskips disturb me a little, although adult Kohane was pretty XD
Jun 13, 2010 10:11 AM

Feb 2008
Doumeki did make a comment about 10 years. also if you haven't noticed, he smiles more now. he is less gloomy then he was when she left. he is even more certain of his abilities and what needs to be done. he is pretty much a full fledged owner. poor kohane though, feeling left behind by doumeki was kind of sad.
Jun 13, 2010 6:06 PM

Apr 2009
Another time-skip and ShizukaxKohane... Could be worse though, could have been like the OAD. Watanuki's relationship with Himawari is probably well broken down by now. =/
I'll continue to hope for the standard CLAMP happy ending though.
Jun 14, 2010 3:59 AM

May 2009
It seems like it's been forever since the last chapter.
Time-skip, it's now been 10yrs! Just like in the oad. Hopefully, though, it doesn't end up the same way ( Himawari being married). IMO, it's Kohane-Watanuki from what she said about how if he's sad/having difficulty, things are just as sad/difficult for her.
lilly_938Jun 14, 2010 4:02 AM
Jun 14, 2010 6:53 AM

Apr 2008
lilly_938 said:
Time-skip, it's now been 10yrs! Just like in the oad. Hopefully, though, it doesn't end up the same way ( Himawari being married). IMO, it's Kohane-Watanuki from what she said about how if he's sad/having difficulty, things are just as sad/difficult for her.
If that's the case, then I would find this series just too too sad. Though I guess there's always the Zashiki-warashi....
Jun 14, 2010 9:23 AM
Feb 2010
dreamingsamurai said:
Now that xxxHolic has switched to a monthly publication, instead of the weekly, the extra pages are definitely a relief when it comes to story pacing. You can accomplish alot more with 50 pages, than 13.

My thoughts exactly.

Though it seems like so long since I've read the last chapter that I had to recap a little.
& it's reminded me I still need to watch the new ova.
Jun 14, 2010 11:14 AM

Jan 2008
so that's why it was a long chapter. a very good one at that too o.o i'm glad i'm taking the time to read your comments because it seems like you guys have noticed simple things it seems like i didn't @_@ what a cliffhanger to leave on DX
Jun 14, 2010 9:24 PM

Aug 2008
Ah good reason why this chapter was a 50 page one was the fact that it finally premiered as a regular manga on the Magazine it's currently running... So then it will be a Monthly Publication? Oh man my bad,,, And I thought CLAMP would tackle the series before they started the new one that will begin in two months time more or less...

Oh well the chapter itself was.. Interesting... 'cause it held so many old things... Yet no Yuuko... but let's ignore that fact since she's long lost.... Whatever it is the atmosphere the interaction between the characters... The plot... it still feels the same

But man poor Watanuki... He will be left out alone... I'm pretty sure of that... Okay maybe Maru, Moro and Mokona will be there for him, but seriously looks like Kohane and Doumeki are slowly growing older and apart from the world of Watanuki... Although they studied Japanese Folklore, they keep on stranding over the place Watanuki is... Pretty much Watanuki is locking up inside a World no one will be able to reach out! He can't and shouldn't do that! Doumeki and Kohane are doing their best to help him!!! You just can't ignore that Watanuki!!!

Oh and the spark between Kohane and Doumeki... Are you serious they fell in love? Or is it just a student-teacher type of relationship... I wouldn't mind them together... but that'd confirm the fact that Watanuki is growing lonelier... She's cute as Hell man!! I really like how does she looks with that dress.... And how come the Fortune Teller Obaa-san is still alive huh? Whoa...

Maru, Moro and Mokona (Larg) are still as funny as ever... Mokona you seriously need to be taken to a Counselor XD You have issues with alcohol hahaha

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2010 7:39 AM

Jul 2009
Oh so xxxHolic's a monthly manga now? I guess that's good because we get a long chapter each time but we have to wait a month each time oh well.

This chapter was great though although another 10 year time-skip was a bit sudden I thought Doumeki seemed less grumpy than his old self and the way he took down that spirit was cool. It's sad that Watanuki has to watch all his friends grow old while he stays the same though.
Jun 19, 2010 7:14 AM

Aug 2007
Welll... finally chaptere 205 arrived.

Yay, colored pages.

O.o what's happening to Watanuki
Jun 19, 2010 2:49 PM

Feb 2008
Kohane x Doumeki was adorable. Wonder what the hell Doumeki has and why it's so important.
Jun 20, 2010 6:36 AM

Nov 2009
I am glad other picked up the Kohane x Doumeki vibe. Also Himawari seems to have faded away at this point. It has been ten years along with the time jump before that? Wow. I wonder how this chapter will fit in with the arc, or it is basically just a introductory chapter. However for something to break the barrier it has to be important.
Jun 30, 2010 6:59 AM

Jul 2007
helur said:
I am glad other picked up the Kohane x Doumeki vibe. Also Himawari seems to have faded away at this point. It has been ten years along with the time jump before that? Wow. I wonder how this chapter will fit in with the arc, or it is basically just a introductory chapter. However for something to break the barrier it has to be important.

I do wonder tho on why we did not see the continuation to previous chapters.

The whole birthday was made as some sort of special thing. And we never saw what went down there nor how Himawari looks now....

That sort of cheapened this chapter.
Aug 18, 2012 3:46 PM

May 2010
Ghost customer okay
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone

More topics from this board

» How many chapters does this have?

Zaldun - Aug 22, 2018

7 by StewedBeefHaunch »»
Apr 7, 10:38 PM

Poll: » xxxHOLiC Chapter 213 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Feb 9, 2011

114 by 1stburneracct »»
Mar 17, 3:29 AM

» How to continue xxxholic?

CrystalKing - Aug 9, 2023

2 by n7pidgey »»
Aug 10, 2023 8:07 AM

» Manga Price Gouging

Kairoku - Jul 27, 2013

2 by AstarionAncunin »»
Oct 13, 2022 7:09 AM

» omnibus release quality

elgatosaika - Dec 1, 2021

2 by elgatosaika »»
Jan 3, 2022 7:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.