MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Most disturbing anime series?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Most disturbing anime series?

Pages (30) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
06-20-07, 4:05 AM

I woudl have to say that Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni is the most disturbing anime I've ever seen... They make the characters all cute and bubbly then bam the cute little characters turn in to raving screaming crazy people with knives. I think it'd be hard to top the disturbingness of this anime. Hentai is not included as everyones seen disturbing H-anime...

06-20-07, 4:06 AM
Anime Moderator
Higurashi is great though. If you're referring to violent anime you might as well check out this topic. If not, carry on ^^.

06-20-07, 4:13 AM

If you haven't realised that other topic was made by me... haha
That was for the most violent... I'm looking for something more disturbing than Higurashi... Higurashi is violent but I'd say Gantz is more violent...
Higurashi made me feel somewhat afraid aha.

06-20-07, 7:04 AM
Anime Moderator
Ah yeah, I forgot you opened that one. Sorry about that. Can't think of a disturbing anime right now, the first two episodes of Dokuro-chan made had some bits that were slightly 'ew~' though haha.

06-20-07, 7:39 AM

Definitely Evangelion.....also Elfen Lied - violent AND disturbing :D

06-20-07, 7:52 AM

I haven't seen any anime series that I would describe as "disturbing".
I'm hoping Berserk will change my opinion when I see it.

06-20-07, 7:55 AM

Hentai cannot be disturbing!
But hmm.. I don't think I can say I've seen anything 'disturbing' yet.

06-20-07, 8:15 AM

Zamitsu said:
Sobzob said:
Hentai cannot be disturbing!
But hmm.. I don't think I can say I've seen anything 'disturbing' yet.

I beg to differ....

I've seen Hentai scenes that made people look away from the TV and I didn't find it "disturbing" at all. Everyone has different opinions.

I'm starting to think I should watch this Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni (even if I'm not into "cute characters").

06-20-07, 1:16 PM

For me the most disturbing anime is Elfen Lied, but in a good way. The others would be Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni and Now and Then, Here and There.

Join Fruits Basket and Asian Drama Addicts for free cookies!

06-20-07, 1:28 PM

I found Higurashi quite funny.....
Anyway, last few episode of Evangelion was definetely disturbing

06-20-07, 1:31 PM

Anamnesis said:
I haven't seen any anime series that I would describe as "disturbing".

06-20-07, 1:43 PM

Anyone that says Hentai can't be disturbing clearly hasn't seen Shitai Wo Arau, Ail Maniax, Bondage Game or Pigeon Blood. These are 4 of the sickest animes ever... they involve various very very sick tortures... like
Modified by Damoizgod, 06-20-07, 1:46 PM

06-20-07, 2:23 PM

..Narutaru anyone..?

(don't let the moe of the poster scare you off, this is one sick show)
Modified by Lovi-chan, 06-20-07, 2:28 PM

06-20-07, 7:25 PM

After finishing Elfen Lied, I almost wanted nothing to do with Gantz, but for some reason. I started watching and have to say I find Gantz to be a dark comedy with the blood and gore there thrown in for Giggles. The only time when Blood and Gore is funny is when it goes extremely over the top and the series is designed to be kick ass. Elfen Lied's gore and blood just felt they were overdoing it for no reason. I actually find Gantz to be one of the most realistic portayals of Humanity that i have seen.

06-20-07, 7:36 PM

JackCox said:
[...]The only time when Blood and Gore is funny is when it goes extremely over the top and the series is designed to be kick ass. [...]
[...]I actually find Gantz to be one of the most realistic portayals of Humanity that i have seen.

I second this. I remember when I first watched Gantz - I was just in awe of how beautifully obscene, psychologically realistic yet strangely humorous it was.. I mean, to think that an action series can be so deep, yet contain lots of aliens and boobs at the same time.. astonishing!

06-20-07, 9:39 PM

headph0nes said:
JackCox said:
[...]The only time when Blood and Gore is funny is when it goes extremely over the top and the series is designed to be kick ass. [...]
[...]I actually find Gantz to be one of the most realistic portayals of Humanity that i have seen.

I second this. I remember when I first watched Gantz - I was just in awe of how beautifully obscene, psychologically realistic yet strangely humorous it was.. I mean, to think that an action series can be so deep, yet contain lots of aliens and boobs at the same time.. astonishing!

Amen, I still found the fact that it had lots of comic moments to be quite interesting and not exactly what I expected from this show.

06-21-07, 2:14 AM

Futanari can be pretty disturbing u_u.

As for anime series?
Umm.. Green Green was pretty disturbing.. Bear Sex or Homo Three-Some.. That'd scare anyone for life.

06-21-07, 2:30 AM
Anime Moderator
Cermer said:
Umm.. Green Green was pretty disturbing.. Bear Sex or Homo Three-Some.. That'd scare anyone for life.

Lmao yeah, I remember that, I lol'd.

06-21-07, 3:15 AM

Moekan The Animation anyone? It is one f*cked up show, I honestly don't understand how anyone could sit through it and not be disturbed by the end.
Anti Loli Association Sick of Lolis? Come join the ALA!

06-21-07, 3:33 AM

headph0nes said:
..Narutaru anyone..?

(don't let the moe of the poster scare you off, this is one sick show)

Dead on. Also wins the award for 'most misleading pilot episode'.

Pages (30) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices