Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 7, 2010 10:16 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
My favorite anime has ended, but it really was a wonderful ending.

RtheO
Jul 16, 2010 5:06 AM

Aug 2009
A good ending (although a bit rushed, like they were trying to fit too much things in just one episode) for an awesome anime. That's all I can say.
"I know about people who talk about suffering for the common good. It's never bloody them! When you hear a man shouting "Forward, brave comrades!" you'll see he's the one behind the bloody big rock and the one wearing the only really arrow-proof helmet!"

-- Rincewind gives a speech on politics. (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)
Jul 19, 2010 6:28 PM
Jul 2010
It took me the third time watching it through before I didn't get sad at the ending :P
Sep 2, 2010 12:21 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Loved this anime and loved em to kiss -.- but i wanted see em to marry also
Oct 8, 2010 10:31 PM

Mar 2010
Thank Your FOR THE MEMORIES Yu Yu Hakusho Sayonara

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 12, 2010 1:55 PM

May 2007
Great ending to a great show !

Oct 16, 2010 7:42 AM

Jun 2010
Finally end ! Sad thing is because Yusuke turned it into tournament it was just a fighting boring story when they could make a betrayal and stuff.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2010 7:34 PM

Mar 2010
i really miss this anime =(

"I am the bone of my sword,
Steel is my body and Fire is my blood,
I have created over a thousand blades,
Unknown to Death,
Nor known to Life,
Have withstood pain to create many weapons,
Yet, those hands will never hold anything,
So as I pray, unlimited blade works"
Oct 25, 2010 4:15 PM
May 2008
very good anime, with a good ending.
Jan 25, 2011 5:06 AM

Mar 2010
The whole tournament was rushed, but overall yu yu hakusho was a good watch.
Mar 28, 2011 11:31 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Dammit i love this anime. just completed rewatching it today! love it just 10/10
Aug 22, 2011 1:09 AM

May 2010
the last arc seemed a bit rush,great ending 10/10
Aug 30, 2011 4:03 PM

Jun 2010
Watched this right as summer ended... made me feel completley at peace. YYH will always be awesome!
Nov 9, 2011 10:28 PM

Aug 2010
OMG well I didn't have the chance to watch this in my childhood but know that I've seen it I'm glad because it was a very good anime, my favorite arc is still the first one and I agree that the last tournament felt rushed and I would've loved to watch more of Mukuro
Dec 21, 2011 6:24 AM

Jun 2008
Gintoki79 said:
the last arc seemed a bit rush,great ending 10/10

Yeah it really felt like it was being cancelled so they had to end it fast or something.
Nice anime but it could have been a lot better. It was a little inconsistent in many things and kind of rushed. Anyway it was ok i guess.
Jan 23, 2012 7:04 PM

Feb 2009
Pretty satisfying long shounen. Great fights, characters and values, and this one actually had a conclusion which seems to be a rarity in the genre now-a-days.

I do admit it ended somewhat abruptly, but the last episode transmitted so much emotions and peace of mind, it was a phenomenal peaceful conclusion to a very entertaining series.
VeethornJan 27, 2012 3:34 AM
Mar 10, 2012 6:21 AM

Jul 2010
It was great to finally finish YYH i remember watching all the way up to the dark tournament arc as kid on tv, but i never saw the last two arcs. I still like the dark tournament arc the best but i liked the ending, although a bit rushed it was still great. I love this anime!!!!!!
Mar 25, 2012 7:02 PM

Jan 2012
Fullmetal51 said:
It was great to finally finish YYH i remember watching all the way up to the dark tournament arc as kid on tv, but i never saw the last two arcs. I still like the dark tournament arc the best but i liked the ending, although a bit rushed it was still great. I love this anime!!!!!!

Yep. I agree. I finished this anime way back in 2009, but I still love it. With Hunter X Hunter being reanimated and all, I sort of am hoping they'll do the same for Yu Yu Hakusho. I believe there was plenty of material not animated.
Mar 31, 2012 7:09 PM

Jun 2011
The ending was sort of abrupt, as was the last arc, but it still felt satisfying. Honestly speaking, I only picked this up because I had watched random episodes from the Dark Tournament and Demon Trio arcs on Animax way back, and I couldn't rest until I'd finished what I started. I went into it with a "get this over with" attitude, but now that its over, I think I'm going to miss it.
Apr 6, 2012 12:22 PM
Apr 2011
Great anime, but the last arc was too rushed and it didn't entertained me like the other arcs. Imo, the best arc was the Dark Tournament. 9/10
May 26, 2012 3:08 AM

Jun 2010
Decent sentimental wrap-up episode. Nice finally seeing Kuwabara again.

I laughed when Puu showed up. I had quite forgotten that thing even existed. What a do-nothing character that thing was!

I like Keiko's re-design. Believable physical maturation is pretty rare.

I still think that the main romance is awfully weak, but at least it gets a climax at the end here.

I'm a little sorry that Yusuke's mom fails to reappear after her 80+ episode absence.
FronzelMay 26, 2012 3:13 AM
Sep 7, 2012 9:44 AM

Mar 2012
Fronzel said:

I laughed when Puu showed up. I had quite forgotten that thing even existed. What a do-nothing character that thing was!

Well, it did protect Yusuke when he was being revived as a demon.

The last arc did feel pretty rushed, but I'm satisfied with the ending. Yusuke and the whole cast came a long way from what they were at the beginning of the series.
Sep 10, 2012 8:25 PM

Jul 2011
I just re-watched it now and it was awesome, yuyu was one of my first animes and I missed it a lot when it's finished. However, the story could go on, showing us Yusuke becomes the king of the other world and marrying Keiko.
Oct 18, 2012 5:25 PM

Sep 2011
It's 02:23 and I have work in just a few hours, but I stayed up to watch Yu Yu Hakusho. Was it worth it? Yes it was. This is also my 100th completed anime, so yay.

The show definitely has some of the best music and fight scenes, but that's really all there is to enjoy. Still worth an 8/10
BryanBosslingMar 22, 2013 1:48 PM
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Nov 22, 2012 12:47 AM

Apr 2011
It was rush in the end, because I heard the author had work to hard on the series (manga) and fainted.

Other rumors associate that he got tired of it. Looking back at all this and his second work HxH, he might of been lazy and tired.

and regarding the ending, I love Hiei x Mukuro scenes.

Dec 31, 2012 3:01 PM

Jan 2012
great ending but I remember a few years ago when I watched it it ended with genkai's funeral...guess I was wrong,good watch nonetheless
Apr 23, 2013 10:46 AM

Jul 2010
Dissent said:
The ending was sort of abrupt, as was the last arc, but it still felt satisfying. Honestly speaking, I only picked this up because I had watched random episodes from the Dark Tournament and Demon Trio arcs on Animax way back, and I couldn't rest until I'd finished what I started. I went into it with a "get this over with" attitude, but now that its over, I think I'm going to miss it.

this. not sure if I'll miss it though. I'm just glad its over and done with. last arc I agree was super rushed. It would of been so much better if the fights didnt feel like clip shows
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
May 24, 2013 3:29 PM
Dec 2010
They didn't show us how Yusuke spent his time in deamon realm after tournament :P
But i liked how it ended and how everyone grew up, especially Keiko. She turned from girl to young lady.
Also I missed Kuwabara in last arc, he always lost everywhere but his mindset was pretty good.

Overal
I liked how this series started than i got quite bored during 1st tournament part but after tournament arc it became quite good and i liked it till the end.
8/10
Sent with Mal Updater
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Jun 5, 2013 6:42 PM

Aug 2012
The three arc was kinda lame but the last episode was the best thing in this arc.
10/10
Jun 13, 2013 6:27 AM

Jul 2011
I still remember what Yusuke's mom saw in her dream right the day after his death in episode 2:
"I saw Yusuke fighting against monsters in another world, and then he became their leader."

Perhaps the author already had in mind the ending from the start.
Jul 18, 2013 3:34 AM

Jun 2013
One of the best anime I've watched, great ending Yu Yu Hakusho FOREVER
Jul 23, 2013 4:23 PM

May 2012
Finally finished this after a month! Was a good watch. How I wish this will be reanimated like Hunter x Hunter. The HxH remake is really good so a YYH remake will be much anticipated since there are lots of fights. Well, as long as it is picked up my Madhouse too if ever a remake will be decided...
Aug 11, 2013 1:58 AM

Nov 2012
Just finsihed watching, damn i have so many feelings :(!

the ending was good, i don't see why people hate it and say it completely sucked, yeah the last arc was so rushed and it could be a little longer. but that doesn't mean the ending is terrible for that. it's good

10/10 + favorite!
i'll miss YYH :(!
Mar 8, 2014 2:43 PM
Nov 2011
to be honest i wanted this to go on for a lot longer and i think they could of done it which makes me sad, i will miss watching yu yu hakusho :(
Aug 25, 2014 4:29 PM

Dec 2012
And thus Togashi was inspired to fill Hunter x Hunter with traps.

It's really good to get these epilogue endings, there was a huge sense of closure that came with it. This is one of the most well paced battle shounen I've seen along with HxH 2011. It's hard to believe that I finally sat down and watched YYH in earnest. As a whole this was a thrilling ride that brought back some 90s nostalgia filled to the brim with action (and muscles!). Although it was pretty much a textbook example of typical battle shounen, it was still a refreshing and awesome ride. One of my gripes however is how the women just felt like luggage meant to boost morale/comic relief with the exception of a spare few. This only helped the whole "manly man macho man" tone sink in more, which often felt overbearing. To break down my thoughts into each arc/saga briefly:

Spirit Detective: 7/10

This was a good introduction into the series and did well to set the scene. The childish villains felt a bit underwhelming but I still enjoyed it.

Dark Tournament: 7.5/10

It had plenty of awesome fights (especially the entirety of the final round), but the earlier fights often felt dragged out and I wasn't a particular fan of some such as the Ichigaki team battle. Hiei vs Bui, Kurama vs Karasu, and Toguro vs Yusuke were the highlights.

Chapter Black: 8.5/10

This one caught my attention the most and I enjoyed Sensui as a villain as well as the more cynical approach to human nature. The final battle in the Demon Realm was the very meaning of epic.

Three Kings: 8/10

Although I really wish this had been longer and more developed, it was still thoroughly enjoyable and engaging to finally see the depths of the Demon Realm. It was also amusing how Yusuke turned all of their politics upside down with a survival of the strongest tournament. The only thing that I was disappointed with was how the fights didn't feel like cosmological battles. Most of them felt tame compared to Sensui vs Yusuke finale. Mukuro was fascinating and it was great to see Hiei x Mukuro at the end.

As a whole I'll give Yu Yu Hakusho an 8/10.
Oct 22, 2014 8:29 PM

Apr 2013
Baller ending to a Baller show about a Baller Baller (aka Yusuke). I watched some of this when I was younger but marathoned the hell out of this recently. It definitely stands the test of time. Now, I just need me a remake of this. Madhouse, I got your next project for ya.
Dec 8, 2014 4:27 PM

Oct 2014
Just finished the last Episode. aww man now it's over.
i actually liked the three kings arc the most. for me personally, it's not rushed at all. now we can hope for an Remake. Cmon Madhouse make it happen.
Jan 11, 2015 3:33 PM

Jun 2012
I'm surprised by how much I enjoyed Yu Yu Hakusho. It has pretty much everything a good shounen anime should have.

I loved the characters too, particularly Kuwabara (He made me laugh a lot but I also respected him). I missed him in the last arc and without Kuwabara Yu Yu Hakusho wouldn't have been nearly as fun. Though I think the majority of the characters added something and made it worth watching.

I'm torn between giving it a 9 or 10/10.

The last 10 I gave was actually for Hunter x Hunter (2011). The fact that they have the same creator was the reason why I decided to even watch Yu Yu Hakusho. Usually I would avoid investing so much time but I'm glad I did.

Like many other people, I'd absolutely love a remake by Madhouse even if it's identical aside from fresh animation. It would ensure more people got to experience Yu Yu Hakusho at least.
dkjijiJan 11, 2015 3:36 PM
N☆ 

Jan 17, 2015 11:32 AM

Oct 2013
my 100th completed anime ^^
9/10 for me
Feb 7, 2015 1:29 PM
Jul 2018
The last arc was rushed like fuck. Still, I really love this anime :)

I've rewatched it countless of times.
Feb 18, 2015 7:14 AM
Aug 2007
So it finally comes to an end.. the final episode was good. It was nice seeing the gang all meeting up again, although I felt like Yusuke came back a bit too late in the episode as I wanted to see more of how everyone reacted as he went around meeting them all one by one.

But anyway, I really enjoyed watching the anime.. there were some great arcs, personally I enjoyed the first arc and the dark tournament arc the most. The last arc felt a bit rushed because it seemed like there was a lot of depth to the Demon Realm that they could have explored.

One thing I didn't like about it was the fact that it jumped from one arc to the next quite quickly so we never really experienced any "peaceful times" in between them.. I guess people would probably end up calling that filler, but I would have enjoyed some Slice of Life-ish moments with these characters..

Speaking of which, I will miss the characters in this show... I loved how they were all rivals at the start and then became a close group of friends, I felt like everyone got their moment and no one was forgotten about as the series went along. I'll also miss watching/hearing that awesome OP every day.

Overall, I'll give this an 8/10. Unfortunately for me, there is no nostalgia going on as I only even found out about this anime a few years ago (and I only now got round to watching it), so I think there were still a few things it could have improved upon for me to give it a better score...
Apr 2, 2015 10:23 PM

Feb 2015
EHRMAGERD DEM FEELS ;D

Thank god I found this anime after not watching it for years. Loved it watching it as a kid and loved it while re-watching it now. Never got to the end when watching it a decade ago but enjoyed the ending to one of my favorite anime series
Apr 12, 2015 4:20 PM
Nov 2010
I finally finished this so many years after starting it. I'm glad I didn't drop it.

Overall, it was a really impressive story. While it had quite some flaws and some things could've surely been done differently, it definitely showed the writer's talent and abilities.
Apr 15, 2015 12:48 AM
Jul 2018
It's so good to see Kuwabara again. The ending was great overall and so was the series.
Apr 28, 2015 1:30 PM

Aug 2013
This was a mediocre final episode that presented a rather forgettable happy ending for the entire cast. Not harming humans for three continuous years at the minimum is no doubt a ridiculous proposal for demons when they in fact need to consume human flesh for their own survival.

Keiko was sure self-centred when it came down to it by thinking that she should be important to someone and receive priority just because she knew the person for a long time. She ought to look at the bigger picture at hand and consider how Yusuke managed to use his time away to keep balance between the three worlds as well as saving the Human World so many times before.

On a side-note, Shuichi must have missed a lot of school during this period of time spent in the Demon World. Can he graduate middle school even with his excellent grades at this point and what about his new human family who were unaware of his whereabouts?

Overall, this show failed to entertain me. The more compelling moments from the Chapter Black Arc and the Three Kings Arc were few and far between. For me, only the first four episodes of the series alongside a handful of episodes after the Dark Tournament Arc were truly enjoyable. All of the fights in this show were very much lacklustre and I do not think I found any of them to be thoroughly compelling.
Jun 25, 2015 4:56 AM

Aug 2008
The fights in the end were kinda boring, but I like the characters so much it doesn't matter much. I'm glad everyone got a happy ending.
Jul 5, 2015 1:39 PM

Jul 2010
I liked every arc except the one with Sensui or whatever his name was, such mediocre villain compared to Toguro. I'll give this 8/10 because of that arc but this ending was perfect.
Jul 22, 2015 2:02 AM
Jul 2015
I hate to be a necromancer, but since this thread has been replied to in the last month I thought I'd reply as well.

I've watched YYH multiple times and have always been unsatisfied with the end, though it gives more closure than most. I just really wish there was more to this series and I was able to witness more character development throughout the entire cast. (Imagine my surprise when HxH was created by the same great mind).

All in all, I love Yusuke and everything he managed to accomplish in the short time I was able to watch his story, and every time I have watched it.

Your story may be over Yusuke, but your memory will always live on through your fans.
Jul 28, 2015 5:01 PM

Nov 2013
This was a really enjoyable anime, thank you those who recommended it.
Aug 29, 2015 5:41 PM
Jun 2015
Finished it for the fourth time about a month ago and gotta say it always puts a tear in my eye to finish one of my fav anime.
"I'm warning you. You so much as bruise what you hold in your hand and I will show you pain. The hue of your soul will cease to matter, because you will not be judged when you die, you will no longer exist."
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 97 Discussion

Elric88 - May 26, 2010

39 by TheStarscream759 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 32 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Oct 24, 2009

42 by KoniginElle »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 76 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Dec 19, 2009

32 by Xeehad »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 77 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Dec 19, 2009

29 by Xeehad »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 96 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - May 31, 2010

16 by TheStarscream759 »»
Yesterday, 5:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.