Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 6, 2010 10:08 AM

Oct 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
wan wan some wan wan-
Lol at Yamada cosplaying as Kotori-chan, she and Souma making a little recap.
( ・ω・) niyaniya, Inami admited that she loves Takanashi (that was kinda obvious actually, but she says that only to Poplar...).

So, looks like Souma has a lot of photos of Kotori... poor Takanashi.

There was a problem between Kyouko and Yachiyo, so Yachiyo started to help Satou. She says that they can be FRIENDS (poor satou...). Takanashi and Inami goes togheter to their houses and Nazuna see them (also, she gets kinda confused at the Magic Hand, lol.). Next day, she appears at the restaurant as a new member (and looks like she bought a lot of presents to Kyouko)

She start working at the restaurant without problems, but always spying on Inami (and she notices that too...). After a little conversation, Inami runs away just for encounters foce to face with Takanashi, and you know... Inami + Takanashi = punch.
Nazuna see that and tries to help him, Takanashi makes a poor explanation about that, but Nazuna misunderstood that, thinking that Takanashi is masochist. lol.
Nazuna drinks tea with Inami, and she ask if Takanashi likes being punched, but Inami misunderstood that and just answer yes (lol), but Nazuna thinks her brother is actually a M, and thats the reason of those punches without defend himself.
chalcoJun 6, 2010 11:31 AM

Vrrrrroooooooommmm!
Jun 6, 2010 10:33 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 6, 2010 3:44 PM

May 2010

This picture... looks wrong when taken out of context.
a_l_2606Jun 6, 2010 3:48 PM
Jun 6, 2010 5:19 PM

Jan 2010
subs yet?
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Jun 6, 2010 8:27 PM

May 2010
Himatsubushi said that they're short on editors, so no episode 10 this week.
And Chihiro are slower on their releases...
Jun 7, 2010 12:23 AM
Apr 2010
I WANT MOAR TAKANASHIXINAMI LOOL XD

NEXT EP

SATOUXYACHIYO ROFL!! :D

My Badge
Jun 7, 2010 3:42 AM
Jun 2008
If love is an instinct.
Then Pouncing Male is a habit?
Jun 7, 2010 3:55 AM

Apr 2008
Episode 10 Screencaps and Impressions:
http://randomc.net/2010/06/07/working-10/
Jun 7, 2010 6:12 AM

Sep 2009
Takanashi and Inami walking together was funny. I enjoyed Nazuna's screen time as well.
Jun 7, 2010 6:26 AM

Jun 2009
Nice episode, the Takanashi x Inami moments were enjoyable, poor Inami seems so confused though, though I can't blame her!

Satou and Yachiyo's interactions were great as well. Shame that Kyouko turned up though, I was looking forward to an episode without her...

On a different note, Yamada is quickly becoming one of my favourite characters, I always find myself laughing at her lines... I definitely didn't see her growing on me after her first episode, but I've been pleasantly surprised!

Jun 7, 2010 6:51 AM

Jan 2010
New girl is kinda sexy...
Jun 7, 2010 7:06 AM
Jun 2008
shuwashuwa said:
Your Avatar is more eye catching than her........
Jun 7, 2010 7:07 AM

Dec 2007
This episode has put a big grin on my face.

Especially when Inami thought that Nazuna asked her if she likes Takanashi but instead she asked if he likes to get punched.

AWESOME I TELL YOU, SHEER AWESOMENESS!
Jun 7, 2010 7:15 AM

May 2010
shuwashuwa said:

Who's the new one here? Nazuna has been already introduced for quite a while now.
Jun 7, 2010 8:14 AM

Jun 2009
Still a funny episode, I was entertained again.

I started liking and appreciating Inami's Tsundere and Violent character.
Jun 7, 2010 9:04 AM

Jul 2009
more lineless Maya :*(
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jun 7, 2010 9:48 AM

Jun 2009
- What's with a previous epsiode summary all of a sudden?
12 minutes already, where the fuck is my Nazuna.
- 13:23 min... キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━!!!!! My Nazuna! ^^
- Nice minsunderstanding, Katanashi being M...

I am dissapoint. Wanted moar Nazuna. Episode overall wasn't so bad though.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jun 7, 2010 9:57 AM

Feb 2009
"Education is great!"
"What is that you're holding?"

Yachiyo was <3 in this episode. Deep inside, Satou must really be happy that he received some attention...until Yachiyo said "friend" and Kyoko returned. Lol at the killer aura.

Inami clearly likes Takanashi now. Their relationship is one of the weirdest ones I've seen.

Lol at Yamada dressing up and being a customer, Taneshima worried about height difference b/w her and Nazuna, and KotoriTakanashi pictures.

Nazuna working for one day makes me happy and sad at the same time. Lol at misunderstanding that Takanashi is M.

Enjoyable episode. Looks like next week is some info of the early Wagnaria employees. Hope we get to hear some info from the silent employee, Maya. Also looking forward to Satou as a cute delinquent.
Jun 7, 2010 9:58 AM

Jun 2009
Love the pic of Kotori-chan that Poplar want it. Nazuna got more screentime, she's so cute:D I never thought Nazuna thinks her brother as a masochistxD

Satou was going to say Todoroki-san first name and then Kyouko showed upD:
Poor Satou...

Next episode is about Satou and Yachiyo, yes!!
is it me or we have 3 episodes left?

Jun 7, 2010 12:06 PM

Feb 2010
It was epic when Inami understood Nazunas sentence wrong because of her nervosity. Although freaking awesome Episode.
Jun 7, 2010 12:15 PM

May 2010
Argh, why is this turning into a romance Anime?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jun 7, 2010 12:22 PM

Feb 2009
Nazuna is win. <3

And Yachiyo should really stop torturing Saito, it's making me sad for his sake. D:

Jun 7, 2010 12:38 PM

Oct 2007
A new punch for Inami?

And Satou, will your love ever be responded?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jun 7, 2010 1:55 PM

Jan 2010
Chi, that kept me laughing the whole time. every character is either funny as hell or part of a funny as hell combo, it's great! Nazuna's so cute, despite being the tallest elementary school student ever.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Jun 7, 2010 3:42 PM

Aug 2008
Another great episode. I can definitely see slow development between Inami and Takanashi. Yamada was pretty funny throughout this episode; I wish she'd get more screentime.

Next episode: satou and Yachiyo? Yachiyo is OK, but I really want to see more Satou :)

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Jun 7, 2010 3:58 PM

Mar 2009
3 Episodes left.. I wonder how much of a conclusion they can punch in.
Jun 7, 2010 4:55 PM

May 2009
noo only 3 eps left T^T

what will happen to
satou and yachiyo XD
Jun 7, 2010 6:12 PM

Aug 2009
Nazuna <3 <3 <3 My prediction came true. Takanashi IS masochist.

Very good episode. Inami's punching is now becoming more and more legit. last part punching paradox was funny; I think Inami will end up curing androphobia, but except Takanashi.
Jun 7, 2010 6:13 PM

Jan 2008
It's all about the S & M relationship.
Jun 7, 2010 7:11 PM

Feb 2009
Confucius said:
Argh, why is this turning into a romance Anime?

Because if not it would have absolutely zero substance.
Jun 7, 2010 7:33 PM
Jul 2009
Alright the opening was alittle funny but I didn't need a recap of what happened its hard enough trying to forget. Katanashi looks inocent in the anime xdressing but it wouldn't look like that in person, I'd rather forget about it and move on. And ge Inami takes one step foward and two steps back with every ep. The best part was seeing Yamada draged away by Taka, I would have said the Satou and Yachiyo bit, but that was kind of sad this time. I couldn't think of any reason for the ending shot, pan-out from the break room table, but a few supplimentry ideas of the imagination would make it work.
Jun 7, 2010 7:48 PM

Jul 2008
Takanashi should just punch both Inami and Souma, just once would be enough.
Jun 7, 2010 8:52 PM

Sep 2008
Something inside of me wants Inami to have a definite relationship by the end of the anime, but the comedic value would seem to be obliterated if it happens. Still, this anime is quite quirky so who knows what'll happen.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 7, 2010 10:03 PM

Mar 2010
Great episode.!! :D
I somewhat saw this coming
Jun 8, 2010 12:27 AM

May 2010
A little romance would be nice...

Now I remembered, there hasn't any episode focused on Poplar yet...
Jun 8, 2010 3:10 AM
Apr 2010
it so funny becouse his sister misundrtood waht Inami was saying.
Jun 8, 2010 3:52 AM

May 2009
Nazuna's "interested" look is a bit goofy, but really cute. Her interactions with the flappable Inami were too funny and her misunderstanding wasn't too far off. Her brother is a bit of a masochist. You can hit him all you want, just don't kill him. XD

Please more Magic Hand.
Jun 8, 2010 4:03 AM

May 2008
Poor Satou, he got it again~ and probably in the next episode too~~
Nazuna completely misunderstood the situation...oh no, it was Inami first~ hilarious episode and I can't wait for the next~~
Jun 8, 2010 7:52 AM

Dec 2007
It's nice to see Takanashi and Inami progressing even through out the misunderstandings. Nazuna was funny in this episode too along with Poplar and her love of Takanashi cross dressing. I feel bad for Satou though he just keeps on getting it and seems like the next episode could be even worse for him.
Jun 8, 2010 8:37 AM

Apr 2010
can't wait to see Satou's past.
Jun 8, 2010 9:29 AM

Jun 2008
Not as good as the last episode. Most funny moment was Yamada playing customer and dressing like the manager. I like Yamada. She's really funny and made a cute manager.

Takanshi's little sister makes some dangerous thoughts at times.

And poor wall. Inami really put him to a test.

BTW we had another glimpse of the girl with the classes.
MonadJun 8, 2010 9:33 AM
Jun 8, 2010 9:40 PM

May 2008
I find it rather funny that Poplar is becoming the "straight" character more and more. We don't see any of her unless its to balance out someone else's craziness. (Somewan, wan wan...)

They really are going all out with Takanashi and Inami's relationship currently, and so far it's been fantastic, I just hope they don't overdo it. Fortunately they're focusing on Satou and Yachio next episode... This show is becoming more and more of a love comedy...

I find it rather ironic that people are complaining about the show having no plot development. Of course it doesn't have a lot of plot development, it was derived from a 4-koma, and is basically an anime sit-com. Plot development is secondary to character interaction, which the show has in spades. Actually, in its genre, Working(!!) has more in the way of plot development than similar animes. Many of them would go a full 13 or 26 episodes and nothing permanent would have changed. If people get upset about the lack of plot development in this series, they should try reading/watching Ranma 1/2.

Also, people either seem to love or hate Mahiru. I am with the former, and it seems like the major problem people have with her is her wanton violence and agitated love/hate feelings. I can understand that, I guess everyone has different tolerances. I reached my limit for this type of interaction about 12 volumes into Love Hina, which is objectively pretty impressive, I think...

I'm pretty sure life is a tsundere...
Jun 8, 2010 9:56 PM

May 2007
This series is depressing to me.

Why must the main character be misunderstood, punched, and be loved by a psycho?
I don't find that a bit funny.

I was eagerly expecting some more attention on other characters, but all we get is Satou being "bullied" by clueless Yachiyo.

Note: I was on the Yamada hating train wagon. I must say, man i was dumb. She is just way too funny.

I wonder if the next three episodes might make justice to the first two episodes.
(Yep, I'm in denial alright.)

Ichijo_Feast said:
Also, people either seem to love or hate Mahiru. I am with the former, and it seems like the major problem people have with her is her wanton violence and agitated love/hate feelings. I can understand that, I guess everyone has different tolerances. I reached my limit for this type of interaction about 12 volumes into Love Hina, which is objectively pretty impressive, I think...
These are my exact feelings about Inami.
Actually, I've been noticing lots of aggressive "heroines" lately.
Maybe mangakas are becoming deviants (read masochist) thanks to the slave-driving way companies treat them, and are starting to portray their dark desires on their works.

Seriously, wasn't this show focused on Poplar? (She is kind of the mascot of the show. Isn't she?)
I mean, she was always in first-plan and stuff, yet now she is barely even appearing on screen!
RyushiJun 8, 2010 10:02 PM
Jun 8, 2010 11:27 PM

Jan 2008
I thought this is pretty typical slice of life show at first but after watching episode 2 and then 3, then 4, then 5, then...10, it became quite entertaining. I may not be all sympathetic with Mahiru's behavior but at least Takanashi justifies the actions. Oh, it's the VAs that kept me watching this also.

Yamada's character was fishy at first but she can be straight forward which can funny. I like her and my favorite char in this show.

Up next is Yachiyo and Saito-san which I look forward to for more development.
Jun 8, 2010 11:40 PM
Apr 2009
Glad to see the relationship sort of progressing. I was expecting for the line about Takanashi as a masochist. And the girl with black hair and glasses again! Don't skip her to the end! But, it's a amusing little detail they're doing. Someone that seems to have no interaction with the staff, but is working there the whole time...
Jun 9, 2010 12:09 AM

May 2008
HAHA Inami and Takanashi's development is getting better and better =D

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jun 9, 2010 1:36 AM

Jul 2008
good misunderstanding, masochist lol
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jun 9, 2010 3:19 AM

Jun 2008
Ryushi said:

Note: I was on the Yamada hating train wagon. I must say, man i was dumb. She is just way too funny.

You have seen the light my child.

Ryushi said:
Ichijo_Feast said:
Maybe mangakas are becoming deviants (read masochist) thanks to the slave-driving way companies treat them, and are starting to portray their dark desires on their works.

There is a big difference between Inami and your typical abusing girl that makes her a lot more sympathetic.
Inami isn't really a bitch that hits the guy and bitch all the time while yelling at him. She just hits him because of a reflex mental decease.
She even feels bad about it.
That's why i like her. She's not really an annoying bitch that hits others because she likes it. It's just a little program her crazy father imprinted in her brain, her hitting is nothing more than a spontaneous reflex.
Jun 9, 2010 4:18 AM

Jun 2009
Monad said:

Ryushi said:
Ichijo_Feast said:

There is a big difference between Inami and your typical abusing girl that makes her a lot more sympathetic.
Inami isn't really a bitch that hits the guy and bitch all the time while yelling at him. She just hits him because of a reflex mental decease.
She even feels bad about it.
That's why i like her. She's not really an annoying bitch that hits others because she likes it. It's just a little program her crazy father imprinted in her brain, her hitting is nothing more than a spontaneous reflex.

Disagree. All this manphobia is just ridiculous, and Inami is annoying more than 75% of bitches hitting people cause they like it.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jun 9, 2010 4:44 AM
Jun 2008
OrochiPL said:
Disagree. All this manphobia is just ridiculous, and Inami is annoying more than 75% of bitches hitting people cause they like it.
She is damn cute when she is shy( when she hit people) >.<
I wonder why is it that she is annoying ?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Working!! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

guyklc - May 2, 2010

114 by chiwila »»
Apr 17, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Working!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Apr 11, 2010

173 by MR-Isekai »»
Jan 7, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Working!! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 27, 2010

267 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 8:18 PM

Poll: » Working!! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jakeki - May 9, 2010

131 by Illyasviel »»
Apr 18, 2023 1:43 PM

Poll: » Working!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Nakei - Mar 6, 2010

238 by FZREMAKE »»
Apr 12, 2023 3:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.