Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 5, 2010 7:38 AM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I love Yusuke's way of doing things.

RtheO
Oct 6, 2010 4:04 AM

Mar 2010
things are finally starting to begin to end

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 20, 2011 6:06 AM

Jun 2008
Wtf Yusuke?

Are you shitting me? I lost all respect for you now. You are human too fucker, even if you have yokai blood. Talking like that, like the life of others is nothing after playing the defender of justice for so long. And all because he wants to have his little fight.
Yeah how about bringing him Keiko-chan. I bet a young girl like her will be really tasty. What? You don't like the idea? Then how about thinking that the humans who could bring him might be important to someone else like Keiko-chan is to you?

Anyway the guy is dead so lets see what follows. Btw how was he hurt 700 years ago when he met that woman? Wasn't he already one of the most powerful at the time considering how Yomi spoke about those two being strong powers when he was working under Kurama?
MonadFeb 29, 2012 10:16 AM
May 25, 2012 4:07 PM

Jun 2010
Monad said:
Wtf Yusuke?

Seriously. Yusuke has really become unlikable in the past several episodes.

Speaking of which, I laughed when Raizen said that Yusuke would understand his thousand years of suffering and sacrifice because Yusuke has also been in love.

What a crock. Yusuke has never sacrificed anything for Keiko. Quite the opposite; he's been nothing but a burden to her.

Monad said:
Btw how was he hurt 700 years ago when he met that woman? Wasn't he already one of the most powerful at the time considering how Yomi spoke about those two being strong powers when he was working under Kurama?

Because the plot required it.
Nov 19, 2012 11:22 PM

Apr 2011
The time lines are fizzled and I was bit applauded by Yusuke comment about napping humans for his dad. I tried not to take it seriously, I mean, did anyone bring up the options of cows? LOL
Jul 23, 2013 7:23 AM

May 2012
It was inconsistent to Yusuke's character when he said that he will get some humans for his father. But at last, they will meet up again. Suddenly, I am missing Kuwabara.
Dec 18, 2013 4:31 PM

Jul 2008
comon ffs even if he did get some if could be some ppl that dirt shit bad then what u would say
After I Crush Your Dreams......
Your Bones Will Follow......
Apr 23, 2014 2:36 AM

Dec 2008
He could have gotten a couple of dead bodies guys its not that difficult if you look at it objectively
May 6, 2014 1:49 PM
Dec 2010
now that Reizan died, Yusuke had TWO dads walk out on him.
Sep 22, 2014 10:44 AM

May 2013
ultimateninjax said:
He could have gotten a couple of dead bodies guys its not that difficult if you look at it objectively

I'm pretty sure they eat humans for the souls. Dead ones wouldn't suffice.
Feb 3, 2015 11:45 AM

Mar 2012
In the dubbed version, Yusuke said he would bring really evil humans for Raizen. What do you guys think Kurama and Hiei have been doing for food? They've probably been going after scumbags.

@Monad: Aren't humans always treating the life of other species like nothing -- especially farm animals? You're forgetting that Raizen is a demon -- a different species from humans. Demons require the flesh of the flesh of humans, whereas most humans don't even require the flesh of other animals. What's worse? Taking the life of a scumbag for survival or unnecessarily torturing then taking the life of an innocent and sentient being?
Apr 27, 2015 4:40 PM

Aug 2013
It is nice to know that Koenma has been restored to his former position, though I preferred the appearance he took on for the Human World.

I wonder if residents of the Spirit World could have satisfied Raizen's hunger, as well as whether or not cannibalism was ever an option.
Jan 9, 2016 7:39 PM

Dec 2012
Aurali said:
In the dubbed version, Yusuke said he would bring really evil humans for Raizen. What do you guys think Kurama and Hiei have been doing for food? They've probably been going after scumbags.

@Monad: Aren't humans always treating the life of other species like nothing -- especially farm animals? You're forgetting that Raizen is a demon -- a different species from humans. Demons require the flesh of the flesh of humans, whereas most humans don't even require the flesh of other animals. What's worse? Taking the life of a scumbag for survival or unnecessarily torturing then taking the life of an innocent and sentient being?

I pretty much agree with this. He was never a perfect goody two shoes in the first place anyways and I'm not sure he was even serious.
May 4, 2017 6:14 AM

Dec 2013
Based Yusuke offered to find some bad humans for his ancestor.
Jun 23, 2017 4:54 PM

Sep 2015
That was kinda messed up when Yusuke was like im gonna nab you some humans to eat towards Raizen. Rip Raizen never got to witness his true powers ;-; Hope he gets to see his waifu
Jul 4, 2017 8:31 AM
May 2017
I think I see a grown up Kurapika in Hiei's jewel in the new ED
Aug 13, 2017 1:34 PM

Jun 2016
The second half of this episode had me the most engaged since early Chapter Black, and before that I can't remember when, possibly never. Yusuke yelling to Yomi that they're coming in was perfect.

I think the setup to this situation with all three heroes joining different sides, and all the flashback backstories making up this entire arc so far aren't great, but as I said before this has good ideas, so maybe they'll come into play now. I'd rather we knew somewhat of these demon lords names, and their relationships with the cast beforehand. Imagine if we somehow had an idea that Mukuro was scouting out Hiei this whole time, and if we had some clue to the fact Kurama and Yomi were close in the past, not to mention that the Raizen relationship came from a ridiculous asspull. This arc would be so much better if these lords and their relationships with the heroes were set up beforehand. It would be a lot more meaningful and shocking that a time came where they would all separate like this. Still, just because the leading into this arc could've been done much better, and it could've been extended to focus on a lot more than time skips and flashbacks, doesn't mean that it won't be executed well from here on out. And I'm hoping it really is(however... there is only a handful of episodes left, so maybe I'm being overly optimistic).

Lastly, to speak on the Yusuke offering to give Raizen humans to eat, I think he's always been like this since dark tournament, fighting for the sake of fighting(aka being goku) and not caring about anyone else, at least at times. I was never a fan of the change for the record, it seemed to spring out of nowhere and to wildly change his character. If anyone's curious this was during the chu fight, when he had just woken up iirc. He's not a great person and he's already risked the lives of loved ones to fight before, so I can't say I'm surprised.
Jan 18, 2018 5:15 PM

Dec 2012
Raizen could eat human food like ramen. And this is getting interesting!

Oct 21, 2018 11:09 AM

Nov 2016
Raizens death was unfortunately anticlimatic, but his backround story was at least decent.

So now Yusuke is the new king it's about time to meet the other ones. Wonder how things are going to develop.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 3, 2019 11:19 AM
Apr 2016
Raizen's past was rather fascinating, seems like love was what changed him. Sad but oh well, Raizen died. Yuusuke seems to be the leader now, and now he's about to fight over the entire demon world's leadership. This episode was funny not gonna lie, hahha.
Oct 21, 2019 3:25 PM

Jun 2015
Monad said:
Wtf Yusuke?

Are you shitting me? I lost all respect for you now. You are human too fucker, even if you have yokai blood. Talking like that, like the life of others is nothing after playing the defender of justice for so long. And all because he wants to have his little fight.
Yeah how about bringing him Keiko-chan. I bet a young girl like her will be really tasty. What? You don't like the idea? Then how about thinking that the humans who could bring him might be important to someone else like Keiko-chan is to you?

It could be just a bluff.
Oct 21, 2019 3:28 PM

Jun 2015
The last ending, Daydream Generation. The end is near... =(
Nov 3, 2019 1:49 PM
Nov 2014
lol at the people wanting Yusuke to be such a goody to choose lol go watch something. This arc so far is brilliant and might become my favorite once it ends
Nov 27, 2019 7:09 AM

Jul 2017
I was surprised by Yusuke's response to his dad, but I think that he had two reasons. His obvious reason was to get a real fight and prove his strength. His second reason was that he saw Raizen as the dad he never had. The chance to prove his strength is doubled by it being a chance to do so to his new dad. Of course he could have just been bluffing as others mentioned.

I'm excited for the conclusion. This got really exciting.
May 4, 2020 8:18 PM

Mar 2020
lol at the people here wanting Yusuke to be the saviour of humanity, Why would he give a fuck if a bunch of criminal scumbags got killed if it means saving his father.
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Nov 15, 2020 8:52 PM
Dec 2019
BlufaceBaby said:
lol at the people here wanting Yusuke to be the saviour of humanity, Why would he give a fuck if a bunch of criminal scumbags got killed if it means saving his father.

My thoughts exactly, people don't need to eat animals to survive (you can go vegetarian) yet they do it anyway. What so bad about Yusuke getting a few scumbags to feed his dad, which for the record HAS to eat humans to survive or he dies.
Nov 15, 2020 8:54 PM
Dec 2019
MischievousGhost said:

Exactly lmao, people are dumb. Whats so bad about finding a serial pedo or something and then feeding him to Raizen to keep him alive?
Sep 1, 2021 9:08 PM

Aug 2018
Well, Raizen is dead now...

Jun 11, 2022 4:48 AM

Sep 2018
So Raizen refused to eat for 700 years and died weak and starving, cause he's a tard simp? Got it. What a joke lol
Oct 17, 2022 9:26 AM

Jan 2021
Bro Raizen had one taste of that human pussy and never looked back LMAO 😂 but honestly she looked hot af so I can’t even blame him
Dec 27, 2023 8:39 AM

Nov 2012
Lool he upped & died so quick and suddenly. So I guess he was pretty anti-climatic as I saw others mention about him.
Overall tho the arc has been good and I can see it being a good one to end on.

Despite all its flaws there's defo such a charm to YYH, and it is indeed sad how near to the end it is now.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Apr 11, 3:15 PM

Apr 2017
Reply to BlufaceBaby
@BlufaceBaby Well, I guess it's like the Light from Death Note thing. Who is one to decide who lives or dies? And it can go down a slippery slope. How bad of a criminal is required? And is committing a crime all that's required? A woman is going to jail, because she killed the guy who molested her kids. She's a criminal, and a murderer, so she's fair game if going by base logic.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 59 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Nov 6, 2009

30 by Osk_Social »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 83 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Dec 20, 2009

38 by Xeehad »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 33 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Oct 24, 2009

28 by KoniginElle »»
Today, 5:39 AM

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 10 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Oct 13, 2009

26 by pkrocque »»
Apr 22, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Yuu Yuu Hakusho Episode 100 Discussion

Kaizoku-Ou - Jan 27, 2009

44 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 21, 1:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.