Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jun 4, 2010 10:44 PM
Jun 2008
Wasabi said:

Izaya is only instigating war for his own personal amusement. And he is messing with all three sides. He's the one who told Kida about Mikado being the Dollars leader after all.
0.0 I don't remember that......but anyway maybe Izaya did told him in the previous(dunno where) episode.....
Jun 4, 2010 10:45 PM

May 2007
Ugh someone needs to beat up that Horoda person to pieces ok. >_<
Mikado, do something, stop being depressed!@#$%

Preview shows Shizuo being defeated?! Whaaat?!

Jun 4, 2010 10:55 PM

Jun 2008
I just want Mikado to find his balls and start ordering the Dollars around. He's got an army the size of a city (literally). Use it!

I think that it must be fundamentally wrong for me to love Izaya as much as I do. The more evil and manipulative he gets, the more awesome he is. Don't get me wrong, I love Shizuo too, but man. Izaya kicks everyone's ass.

I'm sad that it's ending soon! Hurry up and order another 24 episodes!

Rule of Anime #18 - Law of Hemoglobin Capacity
The human body contains over 12 gallons of blood, sometimes more, under high pressure.
Jun 4, 2010 11:34 PM

Sep 2009
MorningGlory said:
Wasabi said:

Izaya is only instigating war for his own personal amusement. And he is messing with all three sides. He's the one who told Kida about Mikado being the Dollars leader after all.
0.0 I don't remember that......but anyway maybe Izaya did told him in the previous(dunno where) episode.....

...What?

How could you possibly miss it? It was in the last episode!
Jun 4, 2010 11:44 PM
Jun 2008
I think I miss that part ^^
Even Kida know this truth,Kida still trying himself to act normal.....but I think his army getting out of hand.
ohh...Anri sure has a big breast ^^
MorningGloryJun 4, 2010 11:54 PM
Jun 5, 2010 12:31 AM

Aug 2009
I remember when this series first started, I thought it was interesting how Anri had these huge boobs, but little to no attention was ever drawn to them. Fast forward to now when they've become her calling card of sorts (well there is the whole Saika thing, but that's a little easier to hide).
Ha-cha!
Jun 5, 2010 12:38 AM

Oct 2008
Kida acting all badass.
Izaya phoning Namie - another chess player xD
Jun 5, 2010 12:56 AM

Jun 2009
I'm scared...I want next episode immediately.
This preview makes me depressed, what will happen to Shizu-chan ? T.T
If he die, I will die, too x___x

Kida surely acts like a leader, but rest of Yellow Scarves makes me really angry, stupid bastards.
And Mikado, who doesn't do anything...

Btw. Izaya is really mental XD I love him.
And Shinra's mug, haha.
Jun 5, 2010 2:12 AM

Feb 2009
stAtic91 said:
I want to see Celty chase after her head some more.
I think this part is forgotten but maybe this(her head) will be brought up later. I have faith in the way the story is told.

Damn, Izaya just amuses me to no end. "Kyaho!! Kanra-chan deeesu..........Pum pum!.......Baybay bee!!" XD. And him observing things far away is so evil but I can't seem to hate him :3 I guess we were wrong about the representation of the pieces of the game board Izaya is playing but it's very interesting.

The weird couple....is still weird. Seiji looked like a zombie when Harima was talking to Mikado until he spoke which was kinda cool. But they're still weird...

Well, that's...one way to identify Anri. Raira uniform, glasses....big breasts XD. Is there no one else with that profile in their school? Guess not.
I like it that she is using the Slasher network but it's doing more harm than good from the looks of things.

Kida and Mikado are just being pussies in this episode, most especially Mikado. I though Mikado would man up at the last part but it looks like it's next episode.

The tension is really building up in this show. Preview looks awesome!! Damn, 3 more episodes. Hope this ends in an awesome way. I want the next episode now!
belatkuroJun 5, 2010 3:10 AM
Jun 5, 2010 3:13 AM

Apr 2009
Man if only Mikado could grow a pair...
I feel bad for those Yellow Scarves guys that met up with Anri. Heads will be a rollin' I tell ya!
Jun 5, 2010 4:40 AM

Feb 2010
Yellow scarves too violent
Dollars too peaceful
Anri Being used as bait

What action will be taken?
Jun 5, 2010 5:30 AM

Jun 2009
Question:
Do the voices in the Dollars chat matter?
For your information,
I know in the 4 way chat between Kanra, Setton, Saika, and Tanaka Taro, each corresponding charcater voices its screen name.(ex: Celty's voice would speak for Setton's posts)
Long before when we did NOT know who the people behind the chat names were, random voices were put in. (For example, back then Setton had various male voices)

Now I KNOW I heard Fukuyama Jun (voice for Shinra) at chat log for 17:12 and a few others.

Anyone know what his screen name says?
Now, I've noticed that it's consistent. By that, I mean that FukuJun voices the same screen name (could someone figure it out please? XD)

I also heard Kadota (I forget his v.a. name. It's the same guy that does Okazaki Tomoya from Clannad) for the screen name 'Monta'.

Anyone remember from that episode where Kadota got invited to join Dollars? Was his screen name Monta that time too?

THE POINT OF ALL THIS is that now the voices are consistent each screen name in the Dollar chat. So, most likely, corresponding characters voice the screen names. In which case, we should be able to figure out which character has which screen name in the Dollars chat, and what kind of attitudes each character holds. (or in Izaya's case, manipulates)
Jun 5, 2010 5:45 AM
Jun 2008
@Sprite_Coke
Yuka ~The leader that make dollar should take responsibility

franky~responsible?isn't dollar about freedom??

There are over thousand of User in dollar,I don't think the voice pattern here seem important.
Jun 5, 2010 5:48 AM

Jun 2009
MorningGlory said:
Wasabi said:

It was just last episode.
In fact it's part of the last week's screencaps in this week's OP sequence. Hope that doesn't sound confusing. Basically, I mean, watch the OP sequence in ep 21.
Jun 5, 2010 6:27 AM

Jul 2008
Oh mannn,only 3 episodes left.
So the one in the preview who was beaten up was Shizuo?Holy sh-
And about the chat log and stuff, I heard Walker's voice too, I think.And his friend[Iforgothernameifailll]
Jun 5, 2010 6:50 AM

Dec 2008
Hard to believe there's only 3 episodes left.
How long would it take to earn 50 million yen, Karasawa? - Katsuya
No longer than it would take to get to the bank, provided I have a gun. -Karasawa
I'm through talking with you. -Katsuya
Jun 5, 2010 7:29 AM

Jul 2009
Do something please!!!!!!!!!
Jun 5, 2010 7:42 AM
Jun 2008
Next season??I heard there is a Ova around August
I hope it will be a beach holiday trip ^^
Jun 5, 2010 7:44 AM
Dec 2008
why is shizuo lying in blood in teh preview???
omg!! cant wait for next episode
Jun 5, 2010 7:55 AM

Jun 2008
I love the way everyone knew Izaya was an asshole from the beginning but loved him for it until the full extent of his assholery was revealed and since then everything he does is HATE HATE HATE.

I still adore him. He absolutely made this episode for me, tbh.
At "Kyaho! Kanra-chan deeeeeesu!", I died a little.<3

That and Shinra's mug, and the word "knockers".

Still loved it. Can't believe it's ending soon...
Jun 5, 2010 9:05 AM

Mar 2010
" whats next on durarara!!!" showed Shizou under rain o - o ...
Im not intrested to read manga or the novel about drrr cause its just like a spoiler to me , but im dying to see whats going to happen next episode : /
And haha, yes , I would love to know how to play izaya's shogi-chess-joker-checkers game :D:D:D
My mom said im special . ~*
Jun 5, 2010 9:06 AM

Mar 2010
Smochi said:
I love the way everyone knew Izaya was an asshole from the beginning but loved him for it until the full extent of his assholery was revealed and since then everything he does is HATE HATE HATE.

I still adore him. He absolutely made this episode for me, tbh.
At "Kyaho! Kanra-chan deeeeeesu!", I died a little.<3

That and Shinra's mug, and the word "knockers".

Still loved it. Can't believe it's ending soon...

HAHA KNOCKERS !!! :D you pointed out all things I lol'd :D nice job ! .
My mom said im special . ~*
Jun 5, 2010 9:16 AM

Dec 2007
Mikado continues to be absolutely useless and they keep dilly-dallying with not much ever happening.

I hope the big conflict that it's been building up for the past 5-6 episodes is actually worth it.
Jun 5, 2010 9:52 AM

Dec 2009
Wow, Seiji grew a brain and a heart at the same time ( but i don't think it'll last long) ...

OMG cliffhanger! ....again !...... TwT
Jun 5, 2010 11:21 AM

Feb 2009
I found it kind of funny that everyone knew it was Anri when they thought of her 'big knockers'
Jun 5, 2010 1:44 PM

Sep 2009
Mitzuke said:
And his friend[Iforgothernameifailll]

Tom Tanaka?
Jun 5, 2010 3:01 PM

Feb 2010
Is Anri the only girl at Raira with glasses and big boobs?
Jun 5, 2010 3:50 PM

Mar 2010
Blutspender said:
Is Anri the only girl at Raira with glasses and big boobs?

No, just the only one that Mikado and Kida know.
Jun 5, 2010 4:10 PM

Dec 2007
I think it's pretty pointless to tell a character that is clearly used to pacifism to grow a pair. It's not within Mikado's characteristics. (Not now anyway.) He created Dollars as somewhat of a joke and to break free from the mundane reality he was living in. So it's only natural that he's completely baffled that this has turned into a situation out of his control, and especially one that became quite too serious for his relaxed fantasy. You gotta remember, he's kept himself isolated since he was a kid and so his perspective of reality is warped in such a way that he doesn't admit to the bad. (For example, how he confronted Namie that she should turn herself in, thinking the situation should be that simple.)

But I won't deny that Mikado has the potential for a much more...serious personality. He came up with the Dollars meeting idea, after all, and reading the novel, it's this and several other conflicts he's pitted in that eventually allows him to grow the pair you all wish he would've grown already.

GFX made by >Valon< of Janime Community Forums
Jun 5, 2010 4:19 PM

May 2009
wow now Kida thinks that Anri is part of the dollars and now she is kidnapped by the Yellow Scarves well mainly the Blue Square who are now part of the Dollars and wow Mikado is useless,anyway i wonder what is going to happen to Anri and Izaya is still a little bit loopy >.>
Jun 5, 2010 4:33 PM

Jan 2010
oh my god, the ending's gonna be awesome.
Jun 5, 2010 5:30 PM

Mar 2010
Seeker said:
I think it's pretty pointless to tell a character that is clearly used to pacifism to grow a pair. It's not within Mikado's characteristics. (Not now anyway.) He created Dollars as somewhat of a joke and to break free from the mundane reality he was living in. So it's only natural that he's completely baffled that this has turned into a situation out of his control, and especially one that became quite too serious for his relaxed fantasy. You gotta remember, he's kept himself isolated since he was a kid and so his perspective of reality is warped in such a way that he doesn't admit to the bad. (For example, how he confronted Namie that she should turn herself in, thinking the situation should be that simple.)

But I won't deny that Mikado has the potential for a much more...serious personality. He came up with the Dollars meeting idea, after all, and reading the novel, it's this and several other conflicts he's pitted in that eventually allows him to grow the pair you all wish he would've grown already.

I thought he already had at the Dollars meeting, the scale this time however is a lot bigger than what happen then and he lacks info on the bigger picture right now. He seems to got himself back on track and he is probably the only one who can really fix this problem. While Anri did take action she's only made matters worse and Kida too busy trying to keep his group in line and sort out everything he's learned to do anything. Mikado's in best position out of the 3 to work things out even if he is flying blind.
Iron_MawJun 5, 2010 5:39 PM
Jun 5, 2010 5:38 PM

Dec 2009
NoyaChan said:
Ugh someone needs to beat up that Horoda person to pieces ok. >_<
Mikado, do something, stop being depressed!@#$%

If they would take out Horoda, the problem would be solved. I am sick of that fool. And I am losing faith in Mikado. He is depressing me.

MorningGlory said:
Next season??I heard there is a Ova around August
I hope it will be a beach holiday trip ^^
lol, thanks. I needed a laugh after this episode :D
Jun 5, 2010 5:39 PM
Jun 2008
Jagd84 said:
Mikado's in best position out of the 3 to work things out even if he is flying blind.
I think the best position of settling things up is Shizuo.All people fear him and he is famous ^^
The three leader are all suck up useless.what they do are just making worse since they are control/manipulate by Izaya.To fight back Izaya,only Shizuo can do it X.X
MorningGloryJun 5, 2010 5:42 PM
Jun 5, 2010 5:48 PM

Dec 2009
MorningGlory said:
Jagd84 said:
Mikado's in best position out of the 3 to work things out even if he is flying blind.
I think the best position of settling things up is Shizuo.All people fear him and he is famous ^^
The three leader are all suck up useless.what they do are just making worse since they are control/manipulate by Izaya.To fight back Izaya,only Shizuo can do it X.X
Yeah, but Shizuo seems more likely to react to a situation than to take charge.
Jun 5, 2010 5:57 PM
Jun 2008
ilikeyouevenmore said:
MorningGlory said:
Jagd84 said:
Yeah, but Shizuo seems more likely to react to a situation than to take charge.
Ya its true.but because he doesn't belong to any group(at least people don't think so).I think his action can at least calm down the situation.
Anyway...I want to c Shizuo is swimsuit!!!!
Jun 5, 2010 7:18 PM

Oct 2008
I'm glad that Shizuo finally made an appearance again in the anime. :DD

But I do hope that Mikado does something about Dollars.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jun 5, 2010 7:26 PM

Aug 2008
Kida really needs to get his sh*t together. They're nothing but the Yellow Yakuza at this point. And even though it's good advice, I don't know if I'd be taking it from that psycho Seiji. Mikado, don't take his ideas on love too seriously. I'm not worried about Anri at all, so much for that cliffhanger. I'm just anxious to see how things turn out next episode. Everyone can't be ignorant forever.
Jun 5, 2010 8:58 PM

Jan 2010
Kagura89 said:
ClementIV said:
KingDeadKira said:
Damn, I miss Fran and his gifs but oh well, I'll move on.

What happened to Fran?

He got banned due to some of his post in B Gata H Kei forum is quite bold & not made sense.Also he caught in flame war between some other poster on that forum.Poor guy is now taking refuge at AnimeSuki.

I miss her too >.<
Off to AnimeSuki to see her :D

Anyway,Kida is AWESOME as usual and this episode explained to me why Kida is the leader despire being so young :D
Jun 5, 2010 9:05 PM

May 2009
can't wait for the nxt ep =)))))
Jun 5, 2010 9:28 PM

Jan 2009
3 episodes left
Jun 5, 2010 11:44 PM

Jun 2009
Izaya, Simon and Shizuo make this series what it is. I was disappointed to see so little of them if at all, this episode. It was rather good, however.
Jun 6, 2010 12:50 AM
Feb 2009
amg Anri is going to get raped 0.0
Jun 6, 2010 1:38 AM

Jul 2009
minasama said:

the one in the last scene of the preview is it shizuo or is it masaomi

It's Shizuo & he doesn't look so good there.
Jun 6, 2010 3:19 AM

May 2009
Wondering what gonna happen to Shizuo next week..
Celty do something please instead of chatting
Zutto Anime, Game, Manga!

Jun 6, 2010 4:03 AM

Apr 2010
Great episode! I thought Mikado would be the one to get to know the truth about Anri, but Kida was the one instead. I hope they won't do anything bad to her.

And what was up with Shizou at the end of the preview? D:
Can't wait to see the next episode!!

Optime olere occisum hostem!
Jun 6, 2010 4:30 AM

Oct 2008
Izayaaaaa . .
Good episode
Jun 6, 2010 5:11 AM

May 2010
Izaya's the only one making the comedy now, huhu.

Jun 6, 2010 6:45 AM

Oct 2007

minasama said:

and dont you think the 2 boys with the cute girl reasamble mikado,masomi and anri chan

Maybe there are clones O_o, creepy. But they do look each other but kida is more hotter, Anri is much cute or hotter, and Mikado well same to Anri....
KuroTsuki14Jun 6, 2010 6:50 AM
@ MAL Claim an Anime Character v.2
Jun 6, 2010 10:32 AM

May 2008
Anri was a bit irresponsible about stoping the fights...I wonder what Kida will do if he know about how the yellow scarves caught her~
Mikado seems to be come to his senses after pitying himself so long~ Next episode is gonna be awsome~~
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Proselyt - Jan 14, 2010

330 by Beatnik »»
Feb 25, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

katzenjammer - Feb 18, 2010

299 by Kurkitos »»
Feb 5, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kirika- - May 27, 2010

205 by dr_hydrangea »»
Jan 31, 4:32 AM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usami-Haru - Mar 18, 2010

455 by ryzxgum »»
Jan 19, 11:09 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Mar 31, 2010

336 by 2life »»
Nov 29, 2023 3:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.