MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Durarara!! Episode 21 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Durarara!! »» Durarara!! Episode 21 Discussion

Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Durarara!! Episode 21 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

173 63.60%
4 out of 5: Liked it

67 24.63%
3 out of 5: It was OK

21 7.72%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

7 2.57%
1 out of 5: Hated it

4 1.47%
Voters: 272

06-04-10, 5:25 PM

A triangle chessboard representing the 3 leaders.
3 different chess pieces, shogi, white, black and ryuugime, anri, kida, respectively.
Ah this show's cleverness and the way they relate everything and tieing it up into a nice bow, never seizes to amaze me.

06-04-10, 5:31 PM

Good episode, I just can't get enough of Izaya's trickery.

And hopefully Mikado will actually start using the Dollars actively now. He's been moping around too much in the last couple of episodes.

Btw, does anyone happen to have more pics of this girl?

06-04-10, 5:36 PM

I thought Kida who was hurt at the preview oh I guess it's Shizu-chan^^
Anyways nice episode. Anri is really being useful but Mikado is..*sigh* I really want to see Kida's reaction when he see's Anri. But he saves Anri though in the preview:D

and I hate cliffhangers!!

PS: Kinda like the part where Seiji's talks to Mikado^_^

06-04-10, 6:12 PM

k0k0 said:
If (GOD FORBID) this turns into something bad...

I'm going to slit my wrists.

WAAAHH...thaaat preview...
But I'm sure he'll be fine...he fought tons of Saika's children with his bare hands and won ;)

When my sister saw that,she said: Oh my,calm down everyone, HE JUST GOT SLEEPY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET! >:O
LOL

06-04-10, 6:18 PM

I'm actually dissapointed that this serise finishes in three episodes.:(
Production could cover all the night novels, then, they'll have plenty of time to cover anything else that goes on in the current manga.
What a waste!!!

I'm sorry, but I can't take Kida seriously as a leader.:P

Yay!!! Shizuo returns (short but sweet), yet I hope he wasn't injured at the end!:o
One of the petty gang members made me laugh; "You don't mess with Shizuo or the black dude at Russian Sushi".

Anri taking out the yellow scalves was genious; why recruit your own army when you can influence an inside job.
I'd love to have her power.

Seiji still with the stalker girl, carrying on their fake romance; she seems happy, yet he'll smash her head in again if he catches a glimps at Selty's head.
Stalker (forgot her name) is suppose to be Anri's friend, she's quite selfish.

Knockers.:D

06-04-10, 6:31 PM

This episode was so awesome.

I'm just hopeing they do more with Mikado then the nothing as of late. I loved how Anri used he powers to control the yellow scarves to try and stop things. Izaya was of course awesome as always, I loved the phone call to make sure the chess pieces were always being moved.

And Mikado saying knockers made me laugh pretty hard at the end.

06-04-10, 6:32 PM

I'll say why I loved it.. XD! I SAW LUCK GANDOR*ok sure not top quality butbut... I still saw him, Squeals* MOUHAHAHA +__+!!
But aside that o.o OMG KIDA KUN KNOWS BOUT ANRI AND MIKADO O.O!
What will happen, can,t wait to see 22 XD!
And for the Shizuo in the preview... its too weird...wth is gonna happen to him, no normal humain can put him down...aside..maybe Izaya... BUT LIKE SRSLY!!!
TT__TT Shizuo my dear, I hope you dun die ;__;!!
And I hope Izaya doesn,t die cuz he's the coolest sickest awesomest vilain EVAR!
I'll have to admit =__=; seiji was kinda cool... but well X= I Still dun like him cuz of the past episodes.
Anyways!
well i'm off...
Bye-bye be!~ Izaya
Modified by EarlAlois, 06-04-10, 6:51 PM

Online Petition

06-04-10, 6:39 PM

Never thought Seiji would come out of any episode looking the best, but he did here. His words were beautiful, powerful and exactly what Mikado needed to hear at that moment.

All of the other characters ended up aggravating me to varying degrees with Mikado's cowardice at the top of the list. However, it is worth stating that Mikado has built something impressive in Dollars - especially when contrasted with the Yellow Scarves which is quickly being consumed by its ill intentioned and violent minority.

Izaya's so evil. Hope he pays in full for the "entertainment" he's created for himself.

06-04-10, 6:46 PM

Charliehsv said:
Good episode, but Mikado spent waaaaayyy too much time being completely useless.

smh.

It's Anri or Celty or Kida who has to do something since they know the most info.
Right now Mikado don't know jack shit.

06-04-10, 6:59 PM

mel said:
Charliehsv said:
Good episode, but Mikado spent waaaaayyy too much time being completely useless.

smh.

It's Anri or Celty or Kida who has to do something since they know the most info.
Right now Mikado don't know jack shit.

Well Anri is trying (would be better if she would go head on to Kida and tell him it was all a HUGE misunderstanding...but wheres the fun in that X=), Celty can't really do much since its between Mikado, Anri And Kida (Love triangle =0).
And Kida, even if he tries to keep YS at bay, they don't care, they just want their city back by any means possible =/.

Online Petition

06-04-10, 7:11 PM

@mel

The next episode looks to disagree with you. Mikado looking pretty serious there and has made his decision after Seiji's talk. He may not have all the info but he's going to do what he can.

ArcticMech said:
Never thought Seiji would come out of any episode looking the best, but he did here. His words were beautiful, powerful and exactly what Mikado needed to hear at that moment.

All of the other characters ended up aggravating me to varying degrees with Mikado's cowardice at the top of the list. However, it is worth stating that Mikado has built something impressive in Dollars - especially when contrasted with the Yellow Scarves which is quickly being consumed by its ill intentioned and violent minority.

I mostly agree with you, but calling him a coward is a bit much. He's very difficult situation especially compared to the Yagiri stuff. He doesn't want an unnecessary conflict and without Kida for support he's having a tough time. He's come out of his funk by the end of the episode.

06-04-10, 7:54 PM

MorningGlory said:
@Seeker
~I thought Anri=Saika ,even if Anri telepathically send message from herself to the children and to the dollar network.But still Anri =Saika...but anyway,I saw Anri playing with her phone,so I guess she gain excess in to dollar network using the hand phone.
~Well anyway ,I did put "Anri" instead of directly Anri.I think you can guess is the Kirisakima(children).Mikado did ask Izaya about "Anri".It is true that Mikado ask Izaya about yellow scarf,but Mikado ask him because Mikado think that the misunderstanding between dollar and yellow scarf are created from Kirisakima.I get this from episode 19......

The information war is all done in the dollar network

Yes, Anri is Saika in the chatroom.

And it isn't necessarily "unnecessary" information Izaya is spreading since he's obviously manipulating the three sides.

GFX made by >Valon< of Janime Community Forums

06-04-10, 7:58 PM

MAN I hate Izaya. I hope he gets a rediculous beating before this ends or I'm gonna be pissed.
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America

06-04-10, 8:23 PM

@Seeker
For my opinion,War itself is unnecessary in this world =P
Spreading unnecessary information to created innocent bloodshed is just unnecessary.
Since this is just Anime,I think I just take it as entertainment.
Ohh...in this arc.I think Izaya only manipulate the 2 side(Anri and Mikado),but it strongly effect yellow scarf(Kida)
Modified by MorningGlory, 06-04-10, 8:28 PM

06-04-10, 9:26 PM

When I saw Shinra's mug. lol
And when Mikado passed those three people who in a way, resembled himself, Kida, and Anri...I chuckled at that too. lol

I really, really, really wish that Mikado had done something, but since it helps lead us into the next episode thinking that he'll do something...I hope his move is good.

06-04-10, 10:11 PM

At the very end, I couldn't tell if they were taking Anri away or if she had them all entranced like everyone else. Her eyes weren't glowing red, but she was just walking with them. Whatever the case be, this is getting interesting. I'm excited to see how this ends!
"There are four lights!! THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!!!!" - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

06-04-10, 10:26 PM

holypoop said:
Cliffhangers should die. A. Horrible. Death.

Agreed.

Good episode, a bit slow except for Kida finding out about Anri. Mikado better do something, soon.
And, uhm, did I see at the end of next weeks preview a man who looked like Shizuo laying on the floor... if that is Shizuo, I'll have to shoot myself.

06-04-10, 10:32 PM

MorningGlory said:
@Seeker
For my opinion,War itself is unnecessary in this world =P
Spreading unnecessary information to created innocent bloodshed is just unnecessary.
Since this is just Anime,I think I just take it as entertainment.
Ohh...in this arc.I think Izaya only manipulate the 2 side(Anri and Mikado),but it strongly effect yellow scarf(Kida)

Izaya is only instigating war for his own personal amusement. And he is messing with all three sides. He's the one who told Kida about Mikado being the Dollars leader after all.

06-04-10, 10:39 PM

So Kida finally demonstrates some of his strength, I was starting to think he was all talk lol
And I thought it was funny how both Kida and Mikado were certain the girl described was Anri after it was mentioned that she had big breasts :3

With only 3 episodes left, I hope they are able to decently wrap up the story by then. Though leaving it open for a sequel would be pretty nice.

06-04-10, 10:40 PM

what gives seiji the right to lecture mikado about love? he couldn't even tell the difference between mika & celty's head.... lmao. 8| what a dickhead.

i'm more curious about kida's next move... HOW IS HE GONNA HANDLE ALL THIS INFORMATION. i feel bad for him. ;A;

Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices