Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 3, 2010 1:09 PM

Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The yellow scarves is getting so violent and worst x_x
Anri-chan is surrounded by the yellow scarves. I hope she is all fine. Izaya is enjoying the situation D:
Jun 3, 2010 2:09 PM

Oct 2008
@#$%@#$% WHERE IS IT
Jun 3, 2010 6:15 PM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 3, 2010 6:42 PM

Feb 2010
WAAAAAH MIKADO DO SOMETHING PLEAAAASE!!!!

Raaawrrr *gets mad herself alone*

And by what I saw on the preview,Kida is moving on,and something happens to Shizuo (Nooooo....) so I'm dying to watch the 22nd already.......
Jun 3, 2010 8:50 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah it's probably Izaya that posting in the tread in the Dollars site about Anzu getting attacked by Yellow Scarves and yeah he like to watch.
Kida saved Anri from Yellow Scarves what I see on the previews.

Well a few of them want to quit and somebody want to stay, well next episode we going to see what Mikado going to do.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jun 4, 2010 2:08 AM

Dec 2007
Good episode, but Mikado spent waaaaayyy too much time being completely useless.
Jun 4, 2010 8:32 AM
Feb 2009
tsubasalover said:

Kanra is Izaya?

LOL I thought that was pretty obvious 10 episodes ago.

Kida was awesome in this episode....he sure knows how to kick people.
Jun 4, 2010 8:41 AM
Jun 2008
Anri's clumsiness really help Izaya in making his plan(information) to progress in to the next level.
~Izaya has been feeding Anri too many unnecessary information about yellow scarf.
~Mikado asking too many unnecessary information from Izaya about "Anri"
~Celty giving too much unnecessary advise to Anri.Celty make thing worse......
"the responsible of love" by Seiji Wow....can't believe he can say such a beautiful line ^^

「だからイチイチ書くなって」 ....that is why,don't write every single detail......
I guess the director zoom in this phrase for a good reason .Dollar group is too big and too many user.Plus, Dollar also very influential in the city....I should have realize this before..
MorningGloryJun 4, 2010 9:13 AM
Jun 4, 2010 12:23 PM

Nov 2008
I though that it was a so so episode but I enjoyed that last part. I did not though that she would go with them so easily.

Can't wait for next week!
Jun 4, 2010 12:31 PM
May 2010
Izaya has to die. Or have something equally bad happen to him.
Jun 4, 2010 12:50 PM

Dec 2007
MorningGlory said:
Anri's clumsiness really help Izaya in making his plan(information) to progress in to the next level.
~Izaya has been feeding Anri too many unnecessary information about yellow scarf.

...Anri and Izaya have never met. Never. At least, not yet. In the novel they don't even meet until sometime way after the Yellow Scarf/Slasher/Dollars three-way.

Anri's been getting her information about the Yellow Scarves from Saika's daughters.

~Mikado asking too many unnecessary information from Izaya about "Anri"

When? All he's ever asked Izaya about is the history of the Yellow Scarves. He's not going to ask about someone who he has no idea is involved.

Kreiri said:
Izaya has to die. Or have something equally bad happen to him.

lol Novel.

Dammit I hate these cliffhangers. I can't wait to see Kida's reaction when he finds out, not to mention when he -really- gets into it. You think punching and kicking is badass, wait till you see how he really fights.

And I'm slightly amused by Mika's discussion with Mikado, as if she doesn't know the situation.

GFX made by >Valon< of Janime Community Forums
Jun 4, 2010 1:03 PM

Nov 2008
Damn, I miss Fran and his gifs but oh well, I'll move on.
And again no Shizuo? Well, he got little to no screen time.

"Seeker" said:
Dammit I hate these cliffhangers. I can't wait to see Kida's reaction when he finds out, not to mention when he -really- gets into it. You think punching and kicking is badass, wait till you see how he really fights.

Really? and here I thought he was in the same level of sissyness as Mikado.

Jun 4, 2010 1:30 PM

Nov 2008
KingDeadKira said:

What happened to Fran?
Jun 4, 2010 1:35 PM

May 2009
Three more episodes. . . Waaaah. . . ; _;
exciting exciting. Wonder what Mikado will do now. Ahhhh! I can't wait!
Jun 4, 2010 1:37 PM

Oct 2009
Charliehsv said:
Good episode, but Mikado spent waaaaayyy too much time being completely useless.

I kept thinking that throughout the whole episode. I wanted to slap him and take control over the Dollars myself lol. Can't wait for next weeks episode ~.~
Jun 4, 2010 1:47 PM

Jan 2010
"Shizu-" "Huh?" "-o" "HUH!?" LOL, oh Shizuo, glad to have you back. :) But if I saw what I think I did in that preview and Shizuo gets hurt, I will rage so fucking hard. Anyway...Izaya is so weird talking to himself in the chat. HAUMEHAUMEHAUME creepy shit music is back, great. I HATE CLIFFHANGERS ONCE THINGS ARE FINALLY GETTING GOOD. ;___;
QueenOfAlbionJun 4, 2010 1:51 PM
Jun 4, 2010 1:50 PM

Jul 2009
ClementIV said:
KingDeadKira said:

What happened to Fran?

He got banned due to some of his post in B Gata H Kei forum is quite bold & not made sense.Also he caught in flame war between some other poster on that forum.Poor guy is now taking refuge at AnimeSuki.
Jun 4, 2010 1:53 PM

Jan 2010
Cliffhangers should die. A. Horrible. Death.

.. unless you like suspense... I don't even know what I'm trying to say -.- Anyway, Izaya, Shizuo and Kida are my favorites :'D
Jun 4, 2010 1:54 PM

Apr 2009
Izaya is actually awesome... i think its the best character of teh series ..yet.

anyway Mikado really needs to do smth now =)))
Jun 4, 2010 1:58 PM

Sep 2007
Okay, Kida this ep kicking people and being all badass was just awesome. Mikado on the other hand has been moping long enough! It seems some exciting stuff will finally be happening soon~ That preview is seriously making me desperate for next episode. *A*
Jun 4, 2010 2:03 PM

Jan 2008
Pretty decent episode imo. Lol'd at the defining characteristics of Anri: "Glasses and huge knockers"
Dem clubcards are big..

http://ilyasviel.mybrute.com
Jun 4, 2010 2:19 PM
Dec 2009
The weird board game:
Chess Pieces - Saika
Othello Pieces - Yellow Scarves
Shogi Pieces - Dollars

PS: Good episode!
Jun 4, 2010 2:21 PM

Sep 2009
I was really hoping to see Mikado do something this episode. This is one of those shows that's really hard to wait a week.

I liked that love advice from Seiji (though he's in a weird relationship himself)....gives me hope that Mikado is going to get serious about it.
Jun 4, 2010 3:12 PM

Aug 2007
Eh, that was an okay episode. Izaya is just... the worst part of this anime. Does he have a moment of weakness at all? It's very annoying to watch him week after week, auuugh. Other than that, it seems the truth is starting to dawn on Mikado and Kida. Next week should be exciting.

Needed more of the random Shizuo. Seeing him in the preview for the next one makes me need it now.
Jun 4, 2010 3:22 PM

Aug 2009
Needed more random Shizuo indeed ^

Mikado's a wuss.
Also, Kida needs to stop with that attitude. Glad to see him saving Anri in the preview.

LOL @ the yellow scarves group when they discovered 'Heiwajima..Sh-Shizuo!'

WOW, didn't expect pen-loving retard Yagiri to say something cool like that!

OMFG DO I SEE A BEATEN UP SHIZUO IN THE RAIN IN THE PREVIEW!? ;_;

Only 3 left ... better bring more Heiwajima and wrap it up nicely.

Oh oops, how can I forget
Jun 4, 2010 3:31 PM

Aug 2009
If (GOD FORBID) this turns into something bad...

I'm going to slit my wrists.
Jun 4, 2010 3:44 PM

Jul 2009
k0k0 said:

Jun 4, 2010 3:48 PM

Oct 2008
Favorite part of the episode: Shizuo bumping into those cocky Yellow gang bastards. That made my day!

Poor Anri. Everyone knows her as the girl in the Raira uniform, glasses, and the big breasts. (Especially the big breasts.) I'm glad that Kida is showing some discipline to the Yellow Scarve members who disobeyed him. I really don't like Seiji but when he gave the important bit of advice to Mikado, I think I saw a little bit of light shining upon him. Even if it was just for a second.

Judging from the preview, Mikado looks like he will take action as the leader of Dolllars. (Hoping for Mikado bad-asseryness.) I wonder why Anri's with Celty and Shinra. And for Shizuo...

k0k0 said:

Jun 4, 2010 3:49 PM

Aug 2009
Kagura89 said:

But....but..I AM his waifu ;)
Jun 4, 2010 4:08 PM

Jul 2008
I think they were just trying to build the tension more in this episode. Mikado was moping around a little too long, but it did get me excited for the next episode. Anri finally did something.

And it was funny how her identity was ambiguous until "huge breasts" came up. So it seems like Kida knows who Mikado and Anri are, Anri knows who Kisa is, and Mikado is the only one still completely in the dark?
Jun 4, 2010 4:12 PM

Dec 2007
k0k0 said:

Holy crapitty crap

Can't wait to see Shizuo lying on the sidewalk! IT'S GONNA BE AWESOME
Jun 4, 2010 4:21 PM

Aug 2009
rarri said:
k0k0 said:

Holy crapitty crap

Can't wait to see Shizuo lying on the sidewalk! IT'S GONNA BE AWESOME

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU!!? >=@
Jun 4, 2010 4:22 PM

Aug 2009
My god, that was geeeeeewd.

I need moar noa. This is getting awesome.
Jun 4, 2010 4:30 PM

Sep 2009
Good episode, but there was so much narm. Specifically, how somebody would react dramatically every time someone mentioned Anri's breasts. I lol'd.

TO TV TROPES!
Jun 4, 2010 4:31 PM

Sep 2009
GarLogan78 said:
And it was funny how her identity was ambiguous until "huge breasts" came up. So it seems like Kida knows who Mikado and Anri are, Anri knows who Kisa is, and Mikado is the only one still completely in the dark?

Mikado being in the dark still annoys me a little...someone needs to jump in this show and tell him.
Jun 4, 2010 4:37 PM

May 2009
Is it just me who feels that the plot has slowed down a lot recently? I feel like there's not much happening in each episode and it's kind of slow. I want to see Celty chase after her head some more.
Mikado has returned to being lame to. He's not doing anything. I thought he'd turn awesome when he was revealed as the Dollars' leader.
Jun 4, 2010 4:48 PM

Oct 2009
Nooo, Durarara coming to an end soon. T_T

MIKADO needs to start being a badass.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 4, 2010 5:01 PM
Jun 2008
@Seeker
~I thought Anri=Saika ,even if Anri telepathically send message from herself to the children and to the dollar network.But still Anri =Saika...but anyway,I saw Anri playing with her phone,so I guess she gain excess in to dollar network using the hand phone.
~Well anyway ,I did put "Anri" instead of directly Anri.I think you can guess is the Kirisakima(children).Mikado did ask Izaya about "Anri".It is true that Mikado ask Izaya about yellow scarf,but Mikado ask him because Mikado think that the misunderstanding between dollar and yellow scarf are created from Kirisakima.I get this from episode 19......

The information war is all done in the dollar network
Jun 4, 2010 5:05 PM

Oct 2008
i thought it was hilarious that they recognized anri's description by her uniform, glasses, and "huge knockers" XD

i was always kind of skeptical as to how kida became and remained the leader of the yellow scarves, but i think that kick proved everything

it finally looks like our "leaders" are going to reveal themselves to each other!! yay! is it just me, or did it feel like it took a while to get to this point?
Jun 4, 2010 5:13 PM

Apr 2008
zomg .. so awesome series xD

Jun 4, 2010 5:25 PM

Jul 2009
A triangle chessboard representing the 3 leaders.
3 different chess pieces, shogi, white, black and ryuugime, anri, kida, respectively.
Ah this show's cleverness and the way they relate everything and tieing it up into a nice bow, never seizes to amaze me.
Jun 4, 2010 5:31 PM

Dec 2008
Good episode, I just can't get enough of Izaya's trickery.

And hopefully Mikado will actually start using the Dollars actively now. He's been moping around too much in the last couple of episodes.

Btw, does anyone happen to have more pics of this girl?
Jun 4, 2010 5:36 PM

Jun 2009
I thought Kida who was hurt at the preview oh I guess it's Shizu-chan^^
Anyways nice episode. Anri is really being useful but Mikado is..*sigh* I really want to see Kida's reaction when he see's Anri. But he saves Anri though in the preview:D

and I hate cliffhangers!!

PS: Kinda like the part where Seiji's talks to Mikado^_^

Jun 4, 2010 6:12 PM

Feb 2010
k0k0 said:

WAAAHH...thaaat preview...
But I'm sure he'll be fine...he fought tons of Saika's children with his bare hands and won ;)

When my sister saw that,she said: Oh my,calm down everyone, HE JUST GOT SLEEPY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET! >:O
LOL
Jun 4, 2010 6:18 PM

Jul 2009
I'm actually dissapointed that this serise finishes in three episodes.:(
Production could cover all the night novels, then, they'll have plenty of time to cover anything else that goes on in the current manga.
What a waste!!!

I'm sorry, but I can't take Kida seriously as a leader.:P

Yay!!! Shizuo returns (short but sweet), yet I hope he wasn't injured at the end!:o
One of the petty gang members made me laugh; "You don't mess with Shizuo or the black dude at Russian Sushi".

Anri taking out the yellow scalves was genious; why recruit your own army when you can influence an inside job.
I'd love to have her power.

Seiji still with the stalker girl, carrying on their fake romance; she seems happy, yet he'll smash her head in again if he catches a glimps at Selty's head.
Stalker (forgot her name) is suppose to be Anri's friend, she's quite selfish.

Knockers.:D

Jun 4, 2010 6:31 PM

Jun 2010
This episode was so awesome.

I'm just hopeing they do more with Mikado then the nothing as of late. I loved how Anri used he powers to control the yellow scarves to try and stop things. Izaya was of course awesome as always, I loved the phone call to make sure the chess pieces were always being moved.

And Mikado saying knockers made me laugh pretty hard at the end.
Jun 4, 2010 6:32 PM

Jun 2008
I'll say why I loved it.. XD! I SAW LUCK GANDOR*ok sure not top quality butbut... I still saw him, Squeals* MOUHAHAHA +__+!!
But aside that o.o OMG KIDA KUN KNOWS BOUT ANRI AND MIKADO O.O!
What will happen, can,t wait to see 22 XD!
And for the Shizuo in the preview... its too weird...wth is gonna happen to him, no normal humain can put him down...aside..maybe Izaya... BUT LIKE SRSLY!!!
TT__TT Shizuo my dear, I hope you dun die ;__;!!
And I hope Izaya doesn,t die cuz he's the coolest sickest awesomest vilain EVAR!
I'll have to admit =__=; seiji was kinda cool... but well X= I Still dun like him cuz of the past episodes.
Anyways!
well i'm off...
Bye-bye be!~ Izaya
EarlAloisJun 4, 2010 6:51 PM
I ship things I want! Why? Because it's fun!
I post retarded shit at times, sorry-- my dumbness might infect you!Please be cautious of me!
I don't come with a security label!

My anime list hasn't been updated for a really long time, so it's not accurate!

Jun 4, 2010 6:39 PM

May 2009
Never thought Seiji would come out of any episode looking the best, but he did here. His words were beautiful, powerful and exactly what Mikado needed to hear at that moment.

All of the other characters ended up aggravating me to varying degrees with Mikado's cowardice at the top of the list. However, it is worth stating that Mikado has built something impressive in Dollars - especially when contrasted with the Yellow Scarves which is quickly being consumed by its ill intentioned and violent minority.

Izaya's so evil. Hope he pays in full for the "entertainment" he's created for himself.
Jun 4, 2010 6:46 PM

Sep 2008
Charliehsv said:

smh.

It's Anri or Celty or Kida who has to do something since they know the most info.
Right now Mikado don't know jack shit.
Jun 4, 2010 6:59 PM

Jun 2008
mel said:
Charliehsv said:

smh.

It's Anri or Celty or Kida who has to do something since they know the most info.
Right now Mikado don't know jack shit.

Well Anri is trying (would be better if she would go head on to Kida and tell him it was all a HUGE misunderstanding...but wheres the fun in that X=), Celty can't really do much since its between Mikado, Anri And Kida (Love triangle =0).
And Kida, even if he tries to keep YS at bay, they don't care, they just want their city back by any means possible =/.
I ship things I want! Why? Because it's fun!
I post retarded shit at times, sorry-- my dumbness might infect you!Please be cautious of me!
I don't come with a security label!

My anime list hasn't been updated for a really long time, so it's not accurate!

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

francismeunier - Apr 22, 2010

234 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usami-Haru - Mar 18, 2010

456 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Proselyt - Jan 14, 2010

331 by Karva1 »»
Apr 19, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

katzenjammer - Feb 18, 2010

299 by Kurkitos »»
Feb 5, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kirika- - May 27, 2010

205 by dr_hydrangea »»
Jan 31, 4:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.