MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei Episode 7 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei »» Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei Episode 7 Discussion

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
View Poll Results: Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei Episode 7 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

37 52.86%
4 out of 5: Liked it

19 27.14%
3 out of 5: It was OK

12 17.14%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

2 2.86%
1 out of 5: Hated it

0.00%
Voters: 70

06-05-10, 5:58 PM

Kaori <3

06-05-10, 10:06 PM

I think this episode had a lot more in it than you might realise at first. I, for one, think that Watashi DID develop a bit here.

Anyway, looking forward to next week. My guess is Keiko is Ozu (haha).
Modified by yamakasi, 06-05-10, 10:09 PM

06-06-10, 3:48 PM

This strange sound from Boogiepop Phantom, it bugged me and I couldn't fully enjoy the episode é_____é
Devil in the details

06-06-10, 4:16 PM

It was a nice expansion to episode 6th's plot, and it seems the next one will be the Keiko route. It woud be a good thng that watashi finally realizes that Akashi's the right choice for him. Still, seeing him doing outrageous mistake after huge failure is both funny and insightful. And it's always perfectly directed and extremeky creatively constructed by Yuasa.

yamakasi said:

Would be SO awesome.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

06-06-10, 5:01 PM

^ Yeah, I thought that so~
I liked the concept of this episode and I really enjoyed it....at least there was a little Akashi at the begining~~

06-07-10, 12:01 PM

inb4 It's revealed that Ozu is Keiko.

06-07-10, 1:38 PM

I almost stopped watching this episode at the beginning because I thought I grabbed the previous one XD

I really like the way this is being told. I was disappointed last week when we didn't get to learn much about Keiko, and now it seems like we will. I also think it would be cool if we got an Akashi path, although that would make more sense at the end of the series.

06-08-10, 2:16 AM

I can assure you that we will go an Akashi path, if the seventh episode was anything to go by.

06-08-10, 3:52 AM

Jacut said:

yamakasi said:

Would be SO awesome.

Super awesome.

06-08-10, 1:19 PM

u2blah said:
Ugh.... less Kaori please *shudder*

I agree.

06-09-10, 12:06 AM

garfield15 said:
Jacut said:

yamakasi said:

Would be SO awesome.

Super awesome.

hahahahahahaha that would be funny.

I think that what we saw of Ozu's real face is still stuck partly in Watashi's.. delusions?

I always thought the guy in the OP is what Ozu really looks like. The one with the striped shirt (in my profile picture)

Powered by hinatachan - TaigaForum

06-09-10, 5:58 AM

Keiko is definitely Ozu.

06-10-10, 1:05 PM

Definitely this episode was the weirdest of all so far ^^. I love the whole weirdness of this anime. I want more NOW! ^^
“See the good in that which is evil, and the evil in that which is good.
Pledge yourself to neither side, but vow instead to preserve the balance that exists between the two.”
― Hayao Miyazaki

06-11-10, 6:39 PM

Keiko might be Akashi.

06-12-10, 3:31 AM

ZangetsugaTensho said:
Keiko might be Akashi.

this.
and the next episode is probably won't be dedicated to this Keiko. everyone waits for Keiko, but Masaaki is too unpredictable bastard to use this move.
PS downloading the 8th episode...

06-12-10, 3:53 AM

Not enough Akashi or Hanuki...T_T

06-12-10, 5:07 AM

ZangetsugaTensho said:
Keiko might be Akashi.

Hahaha. :)

06-13-10, 2:31 AM

physics223 said:
This is the sublimation - the apex (or nadir) of the 2D complex. I hope Watashi sees the light, but I guess that won't happen until at least the ninth episode. We shall forge on.
Here are my episode impressions; I hope you enjoy them as well:

http://animeotaku.animeblogger.net/2010/06/tatami-galaxy-yojo-han-shinwa-taikei-07-the-2d-complex-sublimed/

BTW, I thought it was great that Ozu was revealed to be a human. I called it right! I was also pleased with how he uttered the most important line of the episode to Watashi. Somehow, despite his nature, he is also a friend to Watashi.

Awesome episode; quite different from all that's come before it, while retaining the various themes central to the Main Truth, whatever it might be.

Physics223, I don't usually check out external links when reading threads, but I did check your analyses and found them very interesting. Too tired to read thoroughly much less comment but may later. Very illuminating :-)

What intrigued me most was the sympathetic portrayal of The Doll, Kaori. Usually the subject of love dolls is ridiculed and scoffed at, usually by know-nothings who are unsympathetic rubes anyway. I think only Ghost in the Shell even touched on the subject before, Eve no Jikan's and Chobits' implications notwithstanding.

I'll just add that it appears that Ozu is in the role of a "satan" or "adversary"; a satan is not necessarily an "evildoer" but an opponent. Everything depends upon how Watashi deals with Ozu's presence or influence. Just a thought :-)

06-13-10, 3:30 AM

I think I'm finally getting hang of this show... maybe. It might still all be in my head. I still think Hanuki is the best choice though.

06-14-10, 4:40 AM

Ahasuerus said:
physics223 said:
This is the sublimation - the apex (or nadir) of the 2D complex. I hope Watashi sees the light, but I guess that won't happen until at least the ninth episode. We shall forge on.
Here are my episode impressions; I hope you enjoy them as well:

http://animeotaku.animeblogger.net/2010/06/tatami-galaxy-yojo-han-shinwa-taikei-07-the-2d-complex-sublimed/

BTW, I thought it was great that Ozu was revealed to be a human. I called it right! I was also pleased with how he uttered the most important line of the episode to Watashi. Somehow, despite his nature, he is also a friend to Watashi.

Awesome episode; quite different from all that's come before it, while retaining the various themes central to the Main Truth, whatever it might be.

Physics223, I don't usually check out external links when reading threads, but I did check your analyses and found them very interesting. Too tired to read thoroughly much less comment but may later. Very illuminating :-)

What intrigued me most was the sympathetic portrayal of The Doll, Kaori. Usually the subject of love dolls is ridiculed and scoffed at, usually by know-nothings who are unsympathetic rubes anyway. I think only Ghost in the Shell even touched on the subject before, Eve no Jikan's and Chobits' implications notwithstanding.

I'll just add that it appears that Ozu is in the role of a "satan" or "adversary"; a satan is not necessarily an "evildoer" but an opponent. Everything depends upon how Watashi deals with Ozu's presence or influence. Just a thought :-)

Thank you very much. I appreciate the compliment.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices