Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 31, 2016 5:39 PM
May 2014
This is one twist that fell rather flat. Try though they did to be deep, it really did not work.
Feb 10, 2016 12:38 AM

Nov 2011
Despite the mindf, still don't believe Martin will kill Eva.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 15, 2016 10:28 PM

Feb 2016
Another character touched by Franz and possibly 511 Kinderheim introduced imo. What a snake's tongue he has.
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Apr 4, 2016 4:13 PM
Mar 2016
The fact that Tenma saw a clock and then a soccer ball on sale after the people he met talked about those items;

The fact that Johan knows where Tenma will be and how the messages he leaves fit the circumstances;

The fact that Johan's creepy friend somehow "gleaned" the specifics of Martin's tragic life, etc. etc.

Whatever connects all of this together must be profound.
Jun 7, 2016 1:51 PM

Feb 2013
Martin's life is fucked up, his mother freezing to death because he left her sleep on the road and her girlfriend killing herself after being caught cheating on him.
That guy was annoying, that Johan wannabe.
Jul 17, 2016 2:05 PM

Aug 2014
With little screen time they can make the viewer care for Martin, great work.
I hate Eva.
Great Episode.
Jul 20, 2016 11:43 AM
Oct 2012
I didn't like the nudity scene in this episode.If they wanted to add scenes like that, they should have done it long time ago, now it just feels out of place and ruins the mood of the show.

Anyway, the new guy is a Johan amateur, Johan is so effective because of his ability to maintain complete calm while talking to people, this guy enjoys himself too much (smilling and being proud of himself) and this make him less effective.
Oct 24, 2016 9:58 AM

Jan 2016
aaaaand of course they gonna give us the dumb cliche where "the guy doesn't kill the girl, instead he protect her and they try to escape together and he end up dead because of her" instead of just shooting the damn bitch.

anyway, i like the new crazy guy, he's like a Johan on cocaine.

HiImAnAlien said:
I didn't like the nudity scene in this episode.If they wanted to add scenes like that, they should have done it long time ago, now it just feels out of place and ruins the mood of the show.

Did you even watch the show? There was a fuckin sex/rape scene in front of a kid in here ffs, also they already showed us nudity before this, you must've been watching a censored version or some shit.
Mr_ShnbOct 24, 2016 10:27 AM
Oct 28, 2016 4:39 AM
Oct 2012
Mr_Shnb said:
aaaaand of course they gonna give us the dumb cliche where "the guy doesn't kill the girl, instead he protect her and they try to escape together and he end up dead because of her" instead of just shooting the damn bitch.

HiImAnAlien said:

Did you even watch the show? There was a fuckin sex/rape scene in front of a kid in here ffs, also they already showed us nudity before this, you must've been watching a censored version or some shit.
Mr_Shnb said:

HiImAnAlien said:

Huh? I sure don't remember nudity been portrayed like this till this episode. What similar episode are you thinking about? Also this show portrays disturbing things, like that sex scene in front of a kid, but not in a way that seems like fan-service or shocking for its own sake.
It's a dark show, but also with this classy feel to it which makes it different from most anime.
Jun 15, 2017 12:33 AM

May 2015
Yeezus Martin past was tragic as hell... no wonder he didn’t kill Eva he is trying to atone for his past decisions... well that is what I think. The question is will he survive this whole ordeal and maybe have a positive outcome?

On a side note:
I know he didn’t have time but the Doc should have learned some CQB

FrozenSoda said:
The new guy really dissected Martin. He was pretty much naked right there...at that point Martin was too busy fighting himself to beat the shit out of the new guy.
+1

TripleSRank said:
I can't say I want Eva to die. She's irritating and a mess, but under all of that is a heavily damaged person. Martin may very well be the kind of person she needs right now- that is, if she doesn't end up pushing him away too, like she has with everyone else. Even so, I hold her responsible for bringing Johan and that man together. She knew better than that.
+1
Jun 18, 2017 9:29 PM

Oct 2012
Martin is a really patience man
That was a creepy episode
That boy is probably Johan's new disciple xD
"Signature removed"
May 22, 2018 11:07 AM

Feb 2015
Fuck Martin, really liked how that odd dude mindfucked him.
Aug 29, 2018 11:24 AM
Apr 2018
So excited to see what will happen the last 14 episodes!

Great episode!
Jan 2, 2019 1:56 PM

Nov 2016
Martin is yet another great side character for this awesome show. I find him and his story really compelling.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 19, 2019 7:54 PM
Apr 2016
That guy is pretty scary too, though he holds nothin against Johan. Sad good episode.
Mar 7, 2019 6:33 PM
Oct 2017
I don't know I still won't forgive Eva since it was her who made Tenma a fugitive accusing him of the initial murders, I won't forgive her.

She also says that Tenma ruined her life even when she was the worst bitch that has ever existed with Tenma, it's just... infuriating.

Being so dependant of somebody to be someone bothers me a lot, so it's not like she has my respect in any way, she suffers because she needs a husband with a big title to be somebody and that's ridiculous, she is an idiot and I don't like her, even in the state that she is, I mean, I have felt bad too, but her situation doesn't cause anything to me.

I like the fact that she has learned a bit of her mistakes but it's not like she is going to get my sympathy any time soon, it was her trantrum what did put Tenma in the situation he is.

For gain my sympathy, she should starting try to ask forgiveness to Tenma and stop being so mean to him, say, I'm sorry, I'm sorry for when I threw your promise ring, when I dumped you in the worst way possible and for no reason, I'm sorry for trying to manipulate you when I tried to date you back and you rejected me, and I'm sorry for slandering you to the cops and make you a fugivite, she should also confess and say that she made a false accusation of him, she should confess that she slandered him, accepting her time in prison, but it's not like she is going to do all that.

She risked her life once because of Tenma, but that doesn't mean a thing, she just wants her husband to get back her status, and she wants Tenma because is the one that has loved sincerely her ass so it's like the one she thinks she will be able to manipulate.

I say I don't like her, I don't like her and I never will.
PhixiatelyMar 7, 2019 6:45 PM
Mar 10, 2019 8:26 AM

May 2018
Martin is fundamentally a good guy, he deserves better. He shouldn't have beaten the shit out of Tenma tho.
Also I am starting to like Eva a little bit more, I hated her at first so goddamn much.
Apr 11, 2019 12:35 AM

May 2015
I don't know what was more creepy if his smile or his words. That's the kind of guy that should be in an asylum.
Apr 16, 2019 3:43 PM

Apr 2014
Don't you dare to die Martin!
And who tha f is that crazy twink?
Jun 8, 2019 7:18 PM
Apr 2018
Honestly, I think the new guy is annoying. If he's supposed to be a new Johan, he's doing a bad job. I hope he dies.

Martin's life was so messed up. I feel vs for her. Eva doesn't deserve someone like him.
Nov 16, 2019 8:41 AM

Dec 2018
Guess, Tenma need more physical training from the Soldier. Speaking of the Soldier, I hope he appears again.

Oh, guess that's glasses man is not Franz Bonaparta.

Room 606, huh? Guess Johan prefers another room...
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Nov 20, 2019 5:37 AM
Jul 2018
this is getting more and more interesting. Martin is great <3
Apr 18, 2020 7:44 AM

Apr 2009
I don't understand why they needed Eva to point out Johan. It's not like his face isn't already all over the place in the media, when he was lurking around Schubert. Makes no sense.

I don't get the attraction of Eva, it's already a mystery to me, why Tenma was dating her and now that guy who didn't even like her in the first place suddenly acts like a jealous lover and wants to protect her.

That new guy is disgusting.
May 24, 2020 3:53 PM
Jul 2013
shiroi-ookami said:
I don't understand why they needed Eva to point out Johan. It's not like his face isn't already all over the place in the media, when he was lurking around Schubert. Makes no sense.

Well, that's a valid point. Maybe Johan is using Eva to lure out Tenma.
Anyway, since Martin is as good as dead, he should've shot both Monsters. But he wouldn't make it out of the hotel alive then. It looks like brainwashing was effective and his desire to redeem himself by saving Eva was stronger.
Dec 24, 2020 10:00 AM

Jul 2020
Nice to see how they cleared up how the murder happened. I'm starting to like Martin. Sucks that he might be killed.
Mar 2, 2021 12:11 PM

Jun 2020
Martin has one hell of an Oedipus complex
Mar 21, 2021 5:44 AM
Oct 2018
Shishou said:
I like Martin. =3

I mean he abandoned his mother how can you like that kind of person...
Mar 21, 2021 1:44 PM

Jan 2016
Who is that guy? I wonder if we will get any explanation about him. He seems to be another manipulator. Martin beating up Tenma was also unexpected.
Mar 25, 2021 9:30 PM
Dec 2020
Eva is a bitch and I knew it from the begining
May 4, 2021 6:43 AM
Mar 2021
I feel really bad for Martin it's obvious that he has a lot of unaddressed trauma. The new guy really freaks me out but he is very intriguing, I hope that we see more of him in this last quarter. I really didn't like Eva this episode she was being rude and judgemental for no reason.
Jun 20, 2021 8:40 PM

Jan 2020
Even if it's just a simple action like walking, something about johan is just so amazing lol

Jun 24, 2021 1:33 AM

Jul 2020
what was that? another version of the devil?
Jun 30, 2021 12:02 PM

Jan 2021
A Johan wannabe?!!!
Sep 14, 2021 3:57 PM

Mar 2021
so another johan huh

martin's story was tragic e

didn't thought johan would join a party
Oct 13, 2021 3:24 PM

Jul 2015
Even though Martin made some terrible choices, I feel quite sorry for the guy. He most likely could've led a normal life if not for his mother and ex-girlfriend being addicts (alcohol and drugs).

Nov 30, 2021 10:50 AM
Nov 2020
Martin had such a terrible past. For a side character like him, his story was well-written. What a masterpiece.
Jan 13, 2022 3:23 PM

Jul 2016
Great. A Johan wannabe...

And now that I think of it, Tenma really should have learned some CQC when he was learning how to shoot with that military dude.

So Martin is into women who are lost causes like his mother, huh? Oedipus complex sure is a bitch.

And by the way, why did those people need Eva to point out who Johan was? I mean, he was the right hand of one of Europe's most important men for fuck's sake.
Apr 1, 2022 8:41 PM

Jun 2020
man martin looks like hes about to off himself
May 18, 2022 8:38 AM

Feb 2021
I thought I'd see more people complain about why Martin didn't kill Eva when she said to do it
Sep 25, 2022 5:44 PM
Oct 2019
a great introduction to a random character, regular anime would make side characters like this just like NPC, soulless, I love this attention to detail.
Jan 16, 2023 7:08 AM
May 2020
the gaslighting was strong with this one
Jan 24, 2023 3:41 PM
Oct 2019
Poor Martin. He expreienced so hard stuff. His story is so sad. Now he's just empty.

Why Johan and him had no direct contact? Maybe they will have.

I have the feeling Tenma and Eva will encounter each other soon but...I guess it won't end very glad.
Apr 8, 2023 1:14 PM

Aug 2019
Johan’s presence alone is terrifying
Jun 22, 2023 11:19 AM

Mar 2016
Still don't like Eva, she's the best when it comes to disappointment. Always have a knack to ruin her own character's redemption. Would be joyous to see her wish to just be killed come true.

The more interesting part of the ep is when Martin talks to this kid, based on how the kid is surprised at times when he confirms a fact regarding Martin, he's definitely been taught all this information about Martin by Johan. Hell, he's also using some of the speech magic that Johan uses to psychologically mess with Martin.

The last scene where Martin tries his best not to look at the face of the devil as he walks passed Johan was tense.

Jul 4, 2023 9:07 PM
Jul 2020
El episodio más fuerte hasta ahora creo
Jul 15, 2023 2:25 AM
May 2017
I can see why Martin aggressiveness came from. His past trauma cause him to be overprotective of Eva who remind him of his mother and lover.
Nov 3, 2023 6:59 AM
Apr 2022
Bro gets hypnotized
Apr 2, 2:38 AM

Dec 2022
Heuh, looks like a Johan wannabe copy and Martin's past was albeit tragic and sad and all.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 5, 2008

114 by egeD19 »»
Apr 17, 10:03 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babykeiji - Apr 23, 2008

623 by Animequeen_xx »»
Apr 13, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 11, 2008

134 by Ajanokoyna »»
Apr 13, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 55 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Apr 15, 2008

70 by Dekuforce5 »»
Apr 13, 3:15 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 4, 2008

106 by wallus81 »»
Apr 8, 10:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.