Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 16, 2008 2:39 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Truth to be revealed!

I'm just wondering if you play the game, is the storyline also like this? Come on, it's just so amazing to put it like that by arc to arc and makes you discover things. I feel like just the way I feel when watching Suzumiya Haruhi for the 2nd time in chronological order. Wherein I feel like I've discovered something from something I've already watched. LOL! Just like that. Can't explain it! XD

Well, just sugoi! I feel sorry for Rika-chama though. Then a bit confused on how is she murdered and was seen outside in the shrine dead-naked.
May 26, 2008 12:53 PM

Dec 2007
wow...

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

May 28, 2008 11:59 AM

Feb 2008
@^
Would you further explain why wow?! XD

Everything about Higurashi is wow, then why wow for you? Or you're just spamming? LOL!
Jun 9, 2008 6:04 AM

Oct 2007
babykeiji said:
Well, just sugoi! I feel sorry for Rika-chama though. Then a bit confused on how is she murdered and was seen outside in the shrine dead-naked.

wait a sec.. that is another arc not related to this one, on this one rika committed suicide in front of Shion. And she gets thrown to the well ... as Satoko will too, probably.

and on the arc you are talking about Satoko is alive, hmm .. until she trys to kill kei and kei 'wishes' death to all, and they all die from volcanic gas, supposedly.
Jun 10, 2008 9:10 PM

Sep 2007
Orz.....wow, at least now we find out why Rika committed suicide, but wow. x.x

Damnit! Don't die without my permission!
Jul 10, 2008 5:49 AM

May 2008
wow wow wow wow wow wow wow
Spam,ne?
What puzzles me the most is that Rena is actually a prophet - what happened over at the Sonozakis is exactly what she thought had happened.
Jul 13, 2008 2:35 PM

Mar 2008
DarkShines said:
wow wow wow wow wow wow wow
Spam,ne?
What puzzles me the most is that Rena is actually a prophet - what happened over at the Sonozakis is exactly what she thought had happened.

that's very true:|
hmm some arcs are making more sense
I still don't get the whole first arc, like why are rena and mion so different there and such:|
does that arc has a solution arc as well?:S
same with the satoko arc(atleast why everything didn't make sense) like missing body and how the other arc(the doll thingy) came there
wah some questions answered but more appear: (
Jul 14, 2008 1:53 PM

Jun 2008
OMG... WOOOOOOOOOWWWWW o_o

Shion's pretty messed up... Shion gone kraaaazy... I wish Rika didn't have to die though T__T

Sig WILL change soon~
Jul 17, 2008 12:26 PM
Apr 2008
Eww... I had forgotten about the Rika suicide scene... This anime is really good but never fails to sicken me at the gory bits... O_O Not far from the end now..

Jul 23, 2008 1:42 PM

Jul 2008
omfg whats in that needle that makes people commi suicide o0 poor rika-chan... it was messed up blood scene ... shion is a nutcake :O true masterpiece this anime anyway up to the scary ep :o

Grtz lsumi
Born to live
Born to die
Born to be, crucified
Give our souls and take our pride
Bleeding for the harder styles
Rising up, from the seed
Born to change, history
From the streets we unleash hell
Feel the power, decibel!! d(^.^)b
Jul 24, 2008 1:39 AM

Mar 2008
^no she killed herself so she wouldnt be tortured, it was probably just a drug to maybe make unconscious

Holy s*** O.o Oh man i wonder whats the truth of what happens next omg
Oct 4, 2008 9:31 AM

Jul 2008
Wow. This episode was surely insane. I never expected Rika to kill herself and like that..ewww. But I guess it is better than suffering through Shion's insane torture. Seems like everything in this arc should finally come together in the next arc.
Oct 5, 2008 10:02 AM

Jan 2008
DarkShines said:

Exactly the same thing i thought when i saw the soya bottle :p

Also:
Why didn't she use the gun around her shoulder, or did i miss something?
pic in spoiler.
~de Arimasu
Oct 5, 2008 10:41 AM

Jul 2008
I was thinking the same thing. I thought I was just seeing things or something, but yeah it looks like a gun to me as well. I guess its not though because I don't see the point of it being there but not being used.
Oct 5, 2008 10:59 AM

Jan 2008
Glad I'm not the only one :-/

Anyway, maybe it's just a sign saying "I'm the heir, don't mess with me"
:P
~de Arimasu
Oct 16, 2008 2:54 PM
Mar 2008
Hmmm...anyone notice how Shion was kind of talking to "herself" in the scene where she is alone with the knife in the bedroom? I don't think "Shion" is messed up per se...but she said there was an ogre that awoken inside of her.

She doesn't seem to be aware of what the ogre is doing. Remember, she was wondering why Grandpa had disappeared...and claimed that she loved him so much.

I don't think she's aware of what she's doing, I think the "Shion" persona has been pushed into backstage by the Ogre persona...
"I know not what World War III will be fought with, but World War IV will surely be fought with sticks and stones."
Oct 18, 2008 1:16 PM

Oct 2008
Wow, what an episode, now it's time for what's going to happen to Satoko
Nov 4, 2008 5:21 PM

Aug 2008
babykeiji said:

That's, I think, another chapter for the "Question" arcs, that hasn't been shown as of this episode.
The beginning of episode 5 makes so much sence now! Poor Rika-chan... D: ~Nipah
patient_senses said:
I was thinking the same thing. I thought I was just seeing things or something, but yeah it looks like a gun to me as well. I guess its not though because I don't see the point of it being there but not being used.

Mabey a toy? Some fashion accesory popular at that time? I noticed that thing a long time ago... I thought it was a taser gun... Guess it wasn't a taser though :S
Andrew05151 said:
Hmmm...anyone notice how Shion was kind of talking to "herself" in the scene where she is alone with the knife in the bedroom? I don't think "Shion" is messed up per se...but she said there was an ogre that awoken inside of her.

She doesn't seem to be aware of what the ogre is doing. Remember, she was wondering why Grandpa had disappeared...and claimed that she loved him so much.

I don't think she's aware of what she's doing, I think the "Shion" persona has been pushed into backstage by the Ogre persona...

Good point, it makes sence too...
Anyway, I love Insane Shion.
Great anime. The creator of the game sure was a genius.
Nov 9, 2008 11:11 PM

Apr 2008
Let me echo the wows. @.@

I wondered about the gun too but I think it would be just too easy and quick to shoot someone. Remember Shion wants them to suffer. Besides maybe she doesn't have any bullets or even know how to use it.

I gotta say I was loving the suicide. That was a bit of a shocker. I thought Rika would stab herself in the heart or something and not do what she did. @.@ Yeah, I would have done the same as Rika. I would have killed myself first so as not to be tortured.
Dec 11, 2008 3:30 PM

Jul 2008
Wow at Rika, still cute all the way to her suicide. I'm eagerly awaiting the answers to the questions still left unanswered.
Jan 3, 2009 12:08 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
I think Rika is one of the person who's repeating the time loop with her memories intact. That may explain why she can predict the events but CAN'T PREDICT the gas leak in the Time-killing chapter...it's because she always died BEFORE the gas leak in all story arc, so she doesn't know what happens afterwards....

And she said she's going to "exit" when she suicided...It all makes sense....

Now the question is, who else retained their memories? Takano seems like a candidate...Just like someone said it before, I think she faked her death....Maybe it's a battle between Rika and Takano trapped in a time loop? Who knows....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 28, 2009 7:48 AM

Dec 2008
Piece by piece, everything is starting to make sense. I like seeing the same scenes but with our understanding of what's going on completely changed.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Jan 31, 2009 12:23 AM

Jul 2008
The drug in the needle that Rika had is the same drug from the first arc used that killed Mr. Takanawha(can't spell) and when Shion injected Keichii with it. As a result, this caused him to "claw" away at his throat in time getting deep enough and died because of too much blood loss. Rika was well aware of what the drug is capable of and instead of dying slowly she decided to end it quickly.
ShaniAndrasAug 29, 2009 3:33 PM
Mar 8, 2009 10:30 PM

May 2008
Nothing like a little newspaper to cover a dead body.... Everything becoming a lot more clear after each episode, but damn Shion is crazy. Hopefully they'll explain why Rena was able to figure out how everything was going to happen and I wanna see Shion with Keiichi in the hospital explained too. Gah so good :x
Mar 25, 2009 7:18 AM

Jan 2008
Rika kinda redefined her cuteness when she stabbed herself to death. ^^'
Mar 28, 2009 1:39 PM

Oct 2008
I love how everything locks together and starts to make sense. On a side note, this is one hell of an arc (even more so if you consider the ones that are related to this one). Higurashi is so addictingly dark.
May 17, 2009 6:58 PM

Feb 2009
Wow. I mean, wow. I a series full of psychotic lolis, Shion takes the CAKE! I kind of saw the "Rika stabbing herself in the head" moment coming the moment she stopped by for soy sauce, but that didn't make it any less disturbing. In fact, it was probably more discomforting to watch while you KNEW that moment was coming...

Jun 8, 2009 5:02 PM

Jan 2009
Ooh and now we know what happened with Rika<3
I'd like tossing your salad.-"Yuru"/MMMKD
DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM MOTHERFUCKER?-SophieWophie<3
Jun 18, 2009 3:12 AM
Apr 2009
After this episode I've gained a new appreciation for this show's structure. It's actually very enjoyable. It also looks like there are more connected arcs than I thought.
Jun 24, 2009 1:30 AM
May 2008
Wow first time I seen the Rika suicide uncensored,gruesome.It was the right decision to watch this season over,Higurashi is worthy of the 10 it recived.

oh yeah,Mion gun is a squirt pistol from the toy store she works at. =]
Jul 12, 2009 9:17 AM

Dec 2008
I was appalled by this episode

Shion kills old people and children ; (

Its interesting that the way they pull this show off really works so good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 13, 2009 2:33 PM

May 2009
i dunno why i feel like that, but i'm comiserating Shion, eventhough she seems out of her mind already, i'm still on her side
well, everything is getting clearer, but there is still too much left...
damn i'm confused O.o
Jul 19, 2009 10:59 AM

May 2009
That was awesome! Rena is cute!
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Aug 6, 2009 7:39 PM

Dec 2008
Rika killing herself is going to be one of my favorite anime scenes of all time.
Aug 13, 2009 6:57 PM

Aug 2007
Wow that was amazing. The creepiest part was Shion humming throughout all of it.
Aug 26, 2009 11:26 PM
Jul 2009
So that is where that scene originated...
Sep 10, 2009 11:28 PM

Sep 2008
i can't help but cheer for shino :) i like that they are explaining it because now u FEEL the characters and can see what made them go crazy. it's not like "oh ok they are all just crazy" :P and i'm glad that they started with this arc cuz it was the most confusing one XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 12, 2009 4:52 PM

Jul 2009
Poor Rika-chan, no more nipah ='(

Hope Shino dies a truly gruesome death at the very end, crazy bitch.

On the bright side things are starting to be allot clearer now and actually make sense, though I'm still curious as of how Keiichis first death in the phone boot connects to all of this, seems like it's a completely unrelated story.
Oct 5, 2009 7:52 PM

Sep 2009
Apparently Rika just wasn't cute enough. But nothing says cute like a big ass knife in the face.

I also felt bad for Shion, she sure got the short end of the stick. But C'MON. Life sucks. Doesn't mean you can go around killing people.
Oct 13, 2009 10:13 AM

May 2008
i'm starting to hate Shion there.
she has already gone soo insane in this arc. All she have in mind now is all about satoshi Satoshi SATOSHI !
and then kill the people around her.

Can't she just gave it up already !!? D<
Geez, man.
Nov 17, 2009 11:21 AM

Jul 2009
Shion is a bitch
she kills everyone she could possibly imagine is related to Satoshi's disappearance
and now it makes sense as to why mion (shion) said "now i have killed everyone I wanted to" at the end of episode 8
kg-san said:

Asu you're still a fragile flower... But its ok cause you're a beautiful flower!

花火花火花火 :D:D:D
Dec 5, 2009 5:53 PM

Oct 2009
Holy crap at Rika O_O;;;
Jan 2, 2010 9:24 AM

Aug 2009
I NOW HATE SHION AGAIN!
Rika D8
To the next episode then!
<object data=http://www.stoppedxtime.com/MAL%20Sig/HTML2.html width="470" height="140"> <embed src=http://www.stoppedxtime.com/MAL%20Sig/HTML2.html width="470" height="140"> </embed> Error: Embedded data could not be displayed. </object>
Jan 3, 2010 3:58 PM

Dec 2009
No she will kill Satoko in the next episode... Can't watch, I don't want to see anyone voiced by Mika Kanai die!!!
Sir_LexaJan 3, 2010 6:00 PM
Feb 1, 2010 11:14 AM

Aug 2008
shion's laugh, creepy!
now it's making more and more sense, Rika's suicide ... wow, i didn't suspect that. Shion talking with Satoshi moved my heart, accually it's because of her love to him and stupid Sonozaki family rules.
Feb 6, 2010 4:56 PM

Jun 2009
SHION VS RIKA - OMG XDDDD
I've never doubt that, that this was SHION omg xDDD
Its rly some kind of unexpected, but after all, it makes definitly sense, rly >_______<
After all, i rly love Shion more than Mion now <3

Omk (oh my Kamina; after all, I'm a proud Member of the Kamina-isten <3), I love this Anime so freaking much eh >///<ö
Great Work, no doubt bout that!
Mar 2, 2010 5:51 PM

Jun 2008
best death scene yet

RtheO
Mar 20, 2010 12:06 PM

Aug 2008
Rika's other voice is amazing. But ;____;

I remember catchin' a glimpse of this a couple of episodes back atleast.
Mar 20, 2010 1:37 PM
Jan 2010
Man, I hate yanderes and unnecessary screaming, just shut up already.
Why the fuck was she in love with a boy who sounds exactly like a girl in the first place? For patting her head? God...
Mar 20, 2010 3:46 PM

Mar 2010
OMG I love this anime keeps everything a mystery and secrets

I wonder what will happen to Satoko xD
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tekky99 - Mar 14, 2008

268 by walgreenscanada »»
Apr 13, 9:49 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

171 by Extremo888 »»
Mar 27, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 17, 2008

210 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

142 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Voltlighter - Dec 28, 2007

148 by Ratris_Decision »»
Feb 4, 12:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.