Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 31, 2010 10:36 AM

Apr 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mimi is being selfish...ugh I hate that. It's the Crest of Purity in the Japanese version? I think she needs to learn some damn Sincerity...

Dec 28, 2010 9:11 AM
Aug 2009
I though t it was Palmon who was going to evolve at least Mimi is back to normal.
Oct 30, 2011 2:10 PM

Nov 2010
Sora still be lurkin.
Jun 28, 2013 9:27 PM
Oct 2010
mimi can be idol <3 my idol

sora quit being a guardian angel.

sucks it wasnt togamon that evolved. have to wait more D:
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Apr 10, 2014 3:27 AM
Mar 2013
This was the episode that made me think Mimi got the wrong crest lol She didn't seem sincere at all! Even at the end, it seemed like she was only helping out of fear from being left alone and not because it was the right thing to do.

KingCez said:
mimi can be idol <3 my idol

sora quit being a guardian angel.

sucks it wasnt togamon that evolved. have to wait more D:
Yeah, I was surprised at how good Mimi's singing was! In one of the earlier episodes (the one with Andromon) she sounded terrible.

And I agree, Sora needs to come out of the woodworks already. Hopefully her problem is solved next episode.

On a side note, it was a shame that Togemon didn't digivolve into her ultimate level in this episode. I guess it makes sense because Mimi didn't really act sincere in this episode.
Jul 7, 2014 4:02 PM

Oct 2013
lmao, this episode felt like a slice of life anime.

When I was a really young kid watching Digimon, Sora was my first anime crush. This episode proves why it was Sora, not Mimi.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Aug 11, 2014 11:00 PM

Oct 2009

Jyou has some funny lines this episode haha

It's really interesting to see the Jap and Eng VAs for Taichi, Jyou, Agumon and Gomamon to act that they have bad singing skills.

I like how this show doesn't hold back from showing the bad sides of the main characters, in this episode Mimi, and show how they eventually learnt their lessons and apologize to everyone later.
Feb 15, 2015 10:45 PM

Aug 2011
That song really is a childhood thing. My eyes got watery just as I heard it, as I usually skip OP/ED.
Chong The Nomad sang:
Even if you're lost, you can't~ Lose the love because that's in your heart~ Hooo oo ooo ooo oo~

My DeviantArt
To keep your drawing sanity, click here.
Feb 24, 2015 3:52 PM

Jan 2014
LMAO :D Nice episode.
Apr 1, 2015 9:59 PM

May 2010
The guys' bad singing with the wrong lyrics was hilarious XDXDXD Laughed so hard at that
Jun 13, 2016 3:17 PM

Feb 2013
Mimi was annoying!
They should let her sing, they suck big time, they were funny though.
Jan 19, 2019 11:34 AM

Apr 2009
Found this elsewhere:

Mimi’s Crest has its name changed from Purity to Sincerity. It’s “purity” in the sense of “innocence”, but it’s likely the name was changed in order to avoid the alternate connotations the word has in English. For the most part, the “sincerity” part is what’s focused on with Mimi’s purity: Mimi is straightforward about her feelings and never beats around the bush.

However, since there are other factors in what “purity” entails, the theme behind this episode have to be changed a bit: in the dub she’s not being sincere about her intentions with them, but in the original there’s also the additional implication that Mimi’s Crest nature is being contradicted because she’s manipulating the Gekomon and Otamamon for her own gain and selfishly putting her friends in the dungeon when they bring up the more unpleasant things she doesn’t like.
Dec 19, 2019 11:24 PM

Apr 2016
I was so into the episode, I completely forgot to take notes. Off of the top of my head:

The karoke segments were great. I laughed out loud when Brave Heart began playing, and then he interupts with his terrible rendition of the song, and then Brave Heart pops back in like it was still playing.

Lol at Pico Devimon getting burned.

emeraldrosary said:
This was the episode that made me think Mimi got the wrong crest lol She didn't seem sincere at all! Even at the end, it seemed like she was only helping out of fear from being left alone and not because it was the right thing to do.

It wasn't just fear of being left alone. She realized what was most important to her wasn't having nice things and living in a dreamland, being served by servants who don't truly love her, but her friends who have been sticking up for her through thick and thin. He apology seemed sincere to me.
Jan 27, 2020 11:29 PM

May 2008
Renato said:
Found this elsewhere:

Mimi’s Crest has its name changed from Purity to Sincerity. It’s “purity” in the sense of “innocence”, but it’s likely the name was changed in order to avoid the alternate connotations the word has in English. For the most part, the “sincerity” part is what’s focused on with Mimi’s purity: Mimi is straightforward about her feelings and never beats around the bush.

However, since there are other factors in what “purity” entails, the theme behind this episode have to be changed a bit: in the dub she’s not being sincere about her intentions with them, but in the original there’s also the additional implication that Mimi’s Crest nature is being contradicted because she’s manipulating the Gekomon and Otamamon for her own gain and selfishly putting her friends in the dungeon when they bring up the more unpleasant things she doesn’t like.

Nice find, thanks. I think the censoring was unnecessary since a quick search for purity and innocence in the dictionary brings up plenty of alternative definitions. Sounds like the dub team had their mind in the gutter,

Because once I looked it up, I think it's more obvious what "Purity" is and how it relates to Mimi: she's doesn't lie to herself nor others. Which is why she's whining all the time and never acts like she's okay when she's not. If Mimi says something, it may be blunt but it's the truth (as she sees it at least). That's probably why even when I was kid I liked her over Sora.

So this episode, the whole spoiling and her being selfish wasn't the issue (because that's kinda normal for her character) as much as how she was lying to gain her Princess title. As long as she lied, both to herself and the Gekomon and Otamamon, her Crest would never light up. Nice touch, writers.

...Too bad it's ruined with PicoDevimon being an idiot. And I think the main problem with these ideas is that they work in isolation, but not when you stop to think about them in context:
1) The kids are supposed to be friends.
2) Their digimon are their friends.

With those two truths (which are issues all in their own), why would any villain think putting the Crest in the exact opposite situation would be a good idea? Again, none of the Crests lit up until they believed the opposite, so... sounds like PicoDevimon should have been a traitor rather than an ally.

Finally, hearing the seiyuu trying to sing badly is lol. Especially Taichi's. xD
Oct 4, 2020 2:50 AM

Dec 2012
Duckboat.
lol at Agumon and Gomamon.
Geckomon. Child. Otamamon. Child.
The princess?
Mimi?
LMAO at Agumon's loud ass.
PicoDevimon. Vamdemon.
Crest of Purity.
Palmon dressed up too.
They got kicked out.
Their lord. Asleep for 300 years.
Dat flashback.
PiceDevimon.
Dat I wish.
Taichi will sing?
lol at Taichi singing I wish and failing.
lol at Jo singing and failing.
lol at Agumon and Gomamon.
lol at Palmon.
Dat yell.
Oh shit! Palmon said she hates Mimi.
Sora is being the bars watching.
Dat dream.
Sora.
Mimi's crest is glowing.
Mimi's apology.
Dat I wish!

What an episode. I wish was a banger from the 1st episode, but hearing it in this episode is special because Mimi's seiyuu is AiM (Ai Maeda), the singer of I wish. So I'm envisioning the ED theme playing in my head while Mimi is singing. Anyway, Mimi had the crest of purity. We missed out on the name of Koushiro's last episode.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 12, 2021 9:10 PM

Oct 2009
Didn't know Mimi sings the theme song until I watch this ep

Taichi, Agumon, Jo & Gomamon's singing RIP
Was hoping Palmon to sing too mehh

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 6 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 6, 2010

15 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 2:26 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 5 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 5, 2010

17 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 4 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 5, 2010

16 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 3 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 5, 2010

16 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 2 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 3, 2010

18 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 11:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.