Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Apr 23, 2014 2:31 PM
Jul 2013
OmG, Takanashi wa kawaii...
And Inami was so cute when she was young, moe...
May 11, 2014 9:55 PM

Mar 2012
Why does it feel like most episodes revolve around Inami?
Jul 17, 2014 5:35 PM

Oct 2013
that was a cute episode
Inami getting all the love in this show XD
[/quote]
Aug 18, 2014 2:19 AM

Sep 2013
I think Inami just turned lesbian
Sep 24, 2014 12:17 PM

Aug 2014
Inami-san lies to her father, so Takanashi-kun need to do cross-dressing to rip off her father because of his gift on white's day....
So Inami-san was so adorable she's embarrassed.
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Oct 1, 2014 3:35 PM

Sep 2014
OMG Yachiyo was the only one who noticed a girl could pretend to be Takanashi instead of cross-dressing the real Takanashi... xD

(Stupid sexy Kotori-chan!)
May 28, 2015 3:30 PM

Apr 2014
This was probably the best episode yet and the one that might have convinced me to continue past the first season, which before now wasn't doing it for me.
Jun 13, 2015 9:04 AM

Jan 2014
Kotori-chan best o grill
o
t
o
r
i
"The one true, unchanging righteousness in the world is..cuteness! Cute makes right! All our needs, desires, and instincts seek cuteness, and it is for cuteness that we will give everything we have! That's just the way men are!" - Sora
Jun 18, 2015 3:19 PM

Mar 2008
Been interesting rewatching the show before season 3.

Inami's dad really is one of the worst anime parents out there. The guy should be jailed for inflicting psychological torture upon his kid. You can just imagine the kind of person Inami would have been without him being the kind of father that he was. A pretty kind and energetic little kid. Instead she was mentally scarred by brainwashing into thinking that guys were monsters that would do terrible things to her, plus training her so she would inflict serious injury on any guys that got close. He basically turned her into a criminal. Yeah, Inami wouldn't be near guys she'd just be thrown into a female prison at some point in her life.

Just no wonder that Inami falls so darn hard in this episode. She was in her most vulnerable state finding out the things her father had done to her (in a sense feeding into her androphobia by actual proof that some guys are horrible people) and then you had Souta standing up for her and ripping into the guy. All that after having already crossdressed for her sake which she knew was a painful thing for him to do.

This is pretty well why I like Inami's character. She's not the violet type due to will, but rather....she's been turned into one. Someone who suffers emotionally from the harm she does to others and desires to become someone who can do normal things without fear of injuring anyone.
Aug 3, 2015 9:44 AM

Jan 2013
Best episode yet.
Still, waving a realistic looking fake rifle around in a restaurant shouldn't be played for comedy, at least the trauma Inami's father caused was treated seriously. So, nice development.
Aug 24, 2015 1:19 PM

Oct 2012
Best episode so far! (and I'm saying that even though I would like to see him go out with Popura better).

Let's just hope her story is resolved now, otherwise this series will be pretty monotonous.
Sep 1, 2015 2:03 PM
Oct 2014
That cross dressing though...
Sep 19, 2015 8:02 AM

Nov 2011
Fun to see Souta in female version, I had forgotten just this thing. Pleasant and enjoyable as always the narrative, plot that goes in a sublime way, the designs and animations are great, cute new ending.
Sep 29, 2015 7:25 AM

Jan 2013
Takanashi did so much to her but i still don't like Inami xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 15, 2015 8:07 AM

Jan 2010
awwww Inami was so cute ^_^

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Sep 3, 2016 1:21 AM

Sep 2013
Really nice episode. I'm so glad they are giving Inami some depth to her character. She doesn't seem nearly as one-dimensional now!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Oct 3, 2016 11:10 PM

May 2014
Huh, looks like my initial call of a feminist mother was completely wrong. Turns out the father was an abusive idiot after all. I still don't care much for Inami, but at least she has a slight amount of blame taken off her now.
Apr 5, 2017 12:39 PM

Jun 2016
Best episode by a country mile.
Dec 28, 2017 9:37 AM

Apr 2015
"They say if you take a day off studying, it takes you 3 days to get back on track." Okay, then I'm screwed. I better not study ever again.

There's that backstory! Inami's dad is awful and gave her an irrational fear of men. And then there's Sota's dad, who loved seeing his little boy clothed like a frilled up loli...

"If he finds out you're actually a guy, he'll force me to quit this job." Uh...tell him to eat your ass? He can't make you quit a job, especially when he's not even actively involved in your life.

Why does Yamada have a wig and disguise kits handy?

Holy shit. Except for his voice, Sota totally passes with a girl. Especially with those pads.

"Before me...you should apologize to your father." Inami doesn't have to apologize for shit after he traumatized her.

Inami's dad is completely unstable and creepy - it's not just the one story, but general fucking insanity throughout her childhood. (He's also an idiot if he seriously still thought that Sota was a girl after he snapped on him.) It's no wonder she's as messed up as she is.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Mar 21, 2018 7:45 PM

Sep 2017
You know, a lot of the characters in this show are pretty awful people, but it's pretty much entirely for humor. That dad tho... he's just a complete piece of shit.
Jun 30, 2019 2:27 PM

Aug 2015
My respects to Takanashi in all areas. Also to Inami for enduring that freak of a father
Jun 24, 2020 2:56 PM

Oct 2015
I was also wondering why Takanashi had to cross-dress instead of just a girl says that she is Takanashi. Is funny that Souma knew that already but obviously that was too fun for him.

What was Inami's father aiming for doing all that to develop her fear of men? That's definitely awful. I thought Takanashi was going to hit him there, but he only scolded him.
Sep 21, 2020 1:54 PM

Jul 2017
Man this episode was fucking great. Trap Takanashi confronting Inami's dad was mixed with great plot development and some little doses of hilarity too.

Nice to see Mahiru fall for Takanashi too, if I was in her position and seeing someone stand up for me despite everything and care, I'd be really happy and shy too.

The Working rewatch has been going really nicely so far. Gotta admit.
Sep 21, 2020 2:48 PM

Mar 2016
Alas there was a time I would’ve enjoyed such a bland run-of-the-mill show like this. And that would’ve been a decade ago. Now the characters and comedy come off as annoying as shit. Sure it’s likely intentional, but it gets redundant real quick, and this episode I remember being a prime example.
At least Takanashi would make one hell of a living doing crossdressing gigs here and there.
RyuseishunSep 21, 2020 2:51 PM
Oct 7, 2020 1:35 PM

Jul 2016
God, this was awful. If the author really wanted to develop some odd romance between Inami and Souta, then why doing it at the expense of the dude's dignity? It's like the author really likes to humiliate her male characters in different degrees...

And also, am I supposed to find funny the whole deal with Inami's jerk of a father? Fathers being overprotective when it comes to their daughters can be seen as endearing sometimes but what he did here was absolutely sick and terrible. Not to mention creepy as well, since he basically forced a phobia/trauma into her daughter just to have her all for himself but by some weird fortune, his tactic ended up backfiring at him.

So yeah, worst episode so far.
SouthRzVaOct 7, 2020 1:38 PM
Nov 22, 2020 10:01 AM

Jun 2017
it's akin to shonen "friendship powaa up"...The author took the short cut route to somehow mediate the recycled mess she created.And it's stupid.Whatever the caricatures did is of no value.
bakakisimaNov 22, 2020 10:44 AM
Mar 10, 2021 8:38 AM

May 2017
Theres something i dont get , one of the thing takanashi wearing is a matsumoto belonging , matsumoto is the black hair girl

that mean either he did talk to her , or he just stole it , or someone else asked her "pls i need this for crossdressing" 😅

I hope shes not ignored
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Aug 3, 2021 8:55 AM

Jan 2021
Great and hilarious episode.
And also cute.
Nov 4, 2021 2:53 AM
Jan 2021
This is my favorite episode so far this season. The comedy helped Inami's development so in the end he trusted Takanashi more.

Takanashi's crossdressing is sus LOL
Mar 21, 2022 6:30 AM

Jan 2021
I don't know maybe I'm the one who's less sensitive or wrong, but I feel that Inami was really selfish here. It's true that her phobia isn't her fault, but it's not her co-workers' fault either. Especially this time I really can't accept what Inami did, which was to ask Takanashi to disguise himself as a girl. I mean, why should Inami's co-workers, especially Takanashi, be responsible for her phobia? Everything related to Inami's phobia must be borne by everyone even though Inami herself didn't try very hard to cure her phobia or explain to her parents about her problems and how she wants to be a normal girl.

She doesn't want to stop working at Wagnaria? Then please try really hard to get over it. When she was given a good chance to explain to her parents that she is starting to be able to interact with men slowly and normally and does have a desire to live a normal life, she instead chooses to run away and say that Takanashi is a girl.....

Maybe I'm annoyed because I'm already annoyed to see Inami who can't thank Takanashi properly after what Takanashi did in the previous episode, and now seeing Inami's behavior and ridiculous request irritated me. But I'm relieved to see Takanashi take out his anger at Inami's father, because the real cause of all this is indeed Inami's father.

This is a comedy anime that instead of making me laugh it actually managed to irritate me lol. At least Kotori-chan is adorable.

Jan 18, 2023 2:24 PM
Mar 2021
This episode is great, what can I even say without spoiling it all? It's the culmination of a couple of things that had been building up for a while, and it was very well done.
Pages (4) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Working!! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

guyklc - May 2, 2010

114 by chiwila »»
Apr 17, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Working!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Apr 11, 2010

173 by MR-Isekai »»
Jan 7, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Working!! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 27, 2010

267 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 8:18 PM

Poll: » Working!! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jakeki - May 9, 2010

131 by Illyasviel »»
Apr 18, 2023 1:43 PM

Poll: » Working!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Nakei - Mar 6, 2010

238 by FZREMAKE »»
Apr 12, 2023 3:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.