Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 29, 2010 12:39 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 29, 2010 12:44 PM

Jun 2009
XDDD Crazy sannan-san with the Rasetsu gang, Get them sannan-san!! XDDDD I love it!! Why was okita in pajama? X3 Lol the only thing in my head was: Okita! Trow her in Okita's Room XDDD I wanna see the CG. X3 Nevertheless It was a great episode! Especially for Toshi's Fan~

May 29, 2010 12:48 PM

Oct 2008
best episode yet!! i absolutely thought it was fantastic XDD
even though all the scenes were rather rushed and lots of CG's were thrown in, but even so i thought it was great, especially the chorography between Hijikata and Kazama’s fight!

it was great to see Sanran and his mini army fighting too (as that wasn’t shown in the game until later on) just makes it harder to wait for next weeks episode though!!! i really wouldn’t wanna be in Itou-sans shoes, that’s for sure ^_~V
-GundamCrazy-May 29, 2010 12:52 PM

"scary thing is oni instinct''
May 29, 2010 8:16 PM

May 2010
Is it wrong for me to giggle at the part where Sannan-san lost control and went insane?

I'm so glad that they finally show action! That was actually the main reason why I started to watch the anime, because I thought there was going to be action.
xD

This episode has not disappointed me!
May 30, 2010 8:07 AM

Apr 2009
ohh... I like this episode the most...Finally, Chizuru revealed that she is an oni..
May 30, 2010 2:51 PM
May 2010
the episode was amazing
May 31, 2010 11:01 AM

Oct 2008
The best show of this season . . And it just keeps improving . . . Really nice :) can't wait for the subs . .
May 31, 2010 1:45 PM

Aug 2008
really nice so far 2 bad 3 more eps are not enough for me =(

unicornaJun 1, 2010 2:55 AM
click me plz
May 31, 2010 2:37 PM

Dec 2009
Interesting....

*some spoilers*

When Senhime tells the Shinsengumi members that Chizuru is an oni , and all of them are just so calm as if it is something normal...
If you think about it, it's like when you tell your friends you are not human, and they are like, oh, I see.

hehe.I know it is not something important ^^;

It's also sad to see Hajime and Heisuke leaving the group ...
Have Questions about Another(eg the cause of the Calamity ?the clues about the Another? etc)?
Join the Another Q&A Club now and find your answers there!

May 31, 2010 5:58 PM

Nov 2009
Good episode. One unfortunate thing was the storyline went too hurry. It seems like the producer wants this series to be ended quickly.

I also wandering the scene whereby after Chizuru saved Hijikata from Kazama, Harada told Chizuru that Hijikata was prasing her with gratefully, but I didn't see any expression of gratitude from Hijikata but I saw him just starring at Chizuru (hopefully I was wrong, perhaps I need to watch it again...)

May 31, 2010 8:09 PM

May 2010
kasumi_Joanne said:
Good episode. One unfortunate thing was the storyline went too hurry. It seems like the producer wants this series to be ended quickly.

I also wandering the scene whereby after Chizuru saved Hijikata from Kazama, Harada told Chizuru that Hijikata was prasing her with gratefully, but I didn't see any expression of gratitude from Hijikata but I saw him just starring at Chizuru (hopefully I was wrong, perhaps I need to watch it again...)

Lol, I speak Cantonese, and I don't even know what "ching chai" meant.

I fail as a Hong Kongese.

Also, I found this absolutely hilarious!
Jun 2, 2010 4:58 AM

Nov 2009
"Ching chai" is actually Malaysian-cantonese.. Pure Hong Kongese will not understand it.. he he x_O.
Jun 2, 2010 12:16 PM

Apr 2008
kasumi_Joanne said:
"Ching chai" is actually Malaysian-cantonese.. Pure Hong Kongese will not understand it.. he he x_O.

It's common in Singapore too. You hear it everywhere. Well I'd say qin cai.

In any case, I don't see how they're going to round up the entire anime in the remaining 3 episodes. Kidnap Chizuru, get behind what Chizuru's dad is doing, save Chizuru. It's just not enough! D:< (really just wants more bishi-time and puff puff scenes).

Spoiler:
Jun 4, 2010 8:43 PM

Feb 2009
Cuuute, so many cute boys! But I'll miss Saitou and Heisuke, my two favorites.

The ChizuruxHijikata and ChizuruxHarada was pretty cute too, it's a shame this show is ending so fast.

Jun 4, 2010 9:29 PM

Feb 2009
Hijikata kicked ass. :) Can't wait for the next episode! I knew Itou was evil! >0
Jun 4, 2010 10:07 PM

Sep 2008
Everyone is secretly thinking: "So why is our Oni so weak?"
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 4, 2010 11:42 PM

Sep 2009
This was a fairly decent epi...Chizuru still annoys the crap out of me though. Sannin was awesome..and Hijikata as well. Yay fight scenes!
Jun 5, 2010 12:58 AM
Mar 2010
HawthorneKitty said:

Maybe because her father just had her as healing and niot fighting

Jun 5, 2010 4:51 AM

Jan 2010
Is it just me who feels sad for Saitou's leaving Shinsengumi?
Jun 5, 2010 5:33 AM

Oct 2009
niLy said:

Nope.You're not alone.

I feel sad too.

It would have been a far awesome fight if he didnt leave before the night Kazama raided the Shinsengumi HQ.
Jun 5, 2010 7:53 AM

Aug 2009
saito must come back :(
But the episode was great :D
Jun 5, 2010 8:31 AM

Jun 2009
I love this episode:D The best in Hakuouki.
I didn't felt surprise when Chizuru revealed that she's an oni. Cuz it's so obvious =_=
Nice fight between Kazama and Hijikata.

In the preview: yes, please kill Itou for taking Saitou and Heisuke^^

Jun 5, 2010 9:48 AM

May 2010
Senhime is Oni too :D

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku
Jun 5, 2010 10:03 AM

Aug 2009
Great episode unfortunately I am starting to realize how this whole thing is going to wind up and I do not like it. This should have been 15 episodes.
Jun 5, 2010 11:35 AM

Dec 2009
Yay for Hijikata x Chizuru Scene <3

I liked how nobody was surprised when they found out Chizuru's an oni.
Jun 5, 2010 1:08 PM

Dec 2009
niLy said:

Hope he comes back :(

BrokenGlassDolls said:
Also, I found this absolutely hilarious!
nice catch :D
Jun 5, 2010 1:25 PM

Jan 2010
Wow, it's been awhile since I liked an episode of Hakuouki this much! So many badass things happened in just 21 minutes. Bumped the score back up to an 8. :3

I really hope Saito and Heisuke end up coming back safely. Damn Itou, that annoying bastard.
Jun 5, 2010 4:05 PM

Aug 2008
Eh, things developed from one moment to the next with no sense of weight. Seeing Chizuru admit to being an oni like it was nothing was ridiculous since she seemed to want to hide it in the last episode. Then seeing the three oni leave after Chizuru told them to in the middle of a battle was just dumb.
Jun 5, 2010 4:47 PM

May 2009
Some nice action this episode, but I was disappointed when the Oni left without accomplishing anything.
Jun 5, 2010 5:02 PM

May 2010
noteDhero said:
Eh, things developed from one moment to the next with no sense of weight. Seeing Chizuru admit to being an oni like it was nothing was ridiculous since she seemed to want to hide it in the last episode. Then seeing the three oni leave after Chizuru told them to in the middle of a battle was just dumb.

Yeah, I kind of felt that way too.

If Chizuru is such a powerful Oni, then why is she so POWERLESS?
Jun 5, 2010 6:17 PM

Oct 2007
Well I don't play the game BUT I saw some Chizuru pics which seem to show that she is able to *spoiler*. So my question is how far are we from the ending of the game? If it is hard to answer without spoiling something then put it in spoiler tag.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jun 5, 2010 6:44 PM

May 2010
Siva said:
Well I don't play the game BUT I saw some Chizuru pics which seem to show that she is able to *spoiler*. So my question is how far are we from the ending of the game? If it is hard to answer without spoiling something then put it in spoiler tag.

Kinda far...
There are multiple Shinsengumi Vs. Oni fights, as well as failed kidnapping attempts. The anime has only touched the mere skin of the plot so far, so the anime really needs to be about 24 episodes or more. Unfortunately, that's not happening.
Jun 5, 2010 8:52 PM

May 2009
Chizuru didn't seem to realize until afterwards that her presence would cause people to get hurt. Duh.
Well, at least she finally admitted to being an oni.
Jun 6, 2010 5:29 AM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
lol the oni wish to breed withs their women(an)

It looks like Itou is going to die, thank god I hated that guy lol

I didn't think they'd be able to keep Sannan hidden for very long.

Saitou and Heisuke leaving, not really sad about it, because they're main characters, they'll be back :D

Looks like we'll get the Toshi/Kazama fight the OP has been hinting at in not too long. Toshi will undoubtedly take the drug and he'll probably be able to withstand the effects with the help of Chizuru's blood, seeing as how Sannan said he came to his senses when he smelled it.

That's how I predict it anyway.
-renn-Jun 6, 2010 5:36 AM
Jun 6, 2010 6:02 AM

Feb 2009
HawthorneKitty said:

Yeah, I'm actually thinking why Chizuru is a weak oni. xD
Jun 6, 2010 6:35 AM

Oct 2008
omg it's pathetic, how long satsuma's oni gonna ride Shinsengumi and leave it empty handed promising they will be back -_- it's getting more and more annoying with each episode
Jun 6, 2010 9:34 AM

May 2009
ilikeyouevenmore said:
niLy said:

Hope he comes back :(

He must come back !! So sssaadddd !!! ><"

Jun 6, 2010 2:48 PM

May 2008
I thought it was great when Hijikata protected Chizuru, and the fight scene was nice as well but then Kazama just suddenly left like nothing had happened. I was a bit disappointed at the end, because I thought something might happen between Chizuru and Hijikata, but almost nothing again~ I don't know what they plan for the next 3 episodes~~
Jun 7, 2010 3:20 PM

May 2010
I love this anime!!!
Jun 8, 2010 3:58 PM

Sep 2009
Although I'm not really a fan of Hijikata x Chizuru, I was glad that the episode at least eluded that she has feelings for someone (all fingers seem to point to Hijikata, of course) though it was kind of disappointing that there was till no romantic development.

Kazama giving up so easily was also disappointing, but oh well. Perhaps this will give way to more romance in the last episodes. Have loved the battles so far.

Really want to play the game!
Jun 8, 2010 5:07 PM

Mar 2010
A lot sure happened in this episode! It does feel like they are rushing things a bit.
I hope that Saito & Heisuke come back as allies. She finally admitted she's not normal. I'm glad she stayed, but I wonder why the Oni keep retreating after they say they want her. At least they finally 'reavealing' some things to her, why do they make her so weak and stupid? Don't get me wrong I like the character, but does she have to faint and shake so much?!
Jun 9, 2010 5:53 AM

Jan 2009
So, why're Heisuke and Saitou leaving with Itou anyway? >.>
Aaanyway, in the previous episode, I was kind of hoping Chizuru would go with that whatever-his-face dude with the red eyes (the Oni you know), because.. Who knows, maybe she'd learn to fight if she went with them or something? xD...
She could also have gone with Osen-chan. Because.. Damn that might also have served her well =3=;
And they even failed to kidnap her =3=;
Just go with them and you might get useful D:

B Gata H Kei caught up: ✔
Hakuouki caught up: ✔
Saraiya Goyou caught up: No. >.<
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jun 9, 2010 5:54 AM

Aug 2009
Aw too bad its nearly over, I'm really starting to get into this show.
Jun 9, 2010 3:34 PM

Apr 2009
The beginning...just...what was that? XD
What the HELL? Hajime is leaving? Go on now, break my heart, kill Yamazaki and Sano and I'm dropping this. (Yeah, I'm not; I have this thing that doesn't let me drop. Vampire Bund is an exception.)
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jun 9, 2010 5:01 PM

Nov 2007
this anime is not good for your sanity. so many of those wolves of mibu are turned into fake 'oni' and they are just killed like that? and for chizuru too. i guess human life values very little in this anime. at least i thought so after this episode. :/

i remember at the beginning of the anime, there were a couple of deaths and everyone went mellow, and now so many killed (at least 5/6) and you just say "see how the wounded are holding up". seriously this hijikata is 100 years too early to match hijikata from gintama.

3/5 for this episode.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 9, 2010 7:48 PM
Jan 2009
One of the best episodes thus far!

I keep wondering how much Chizuru really knows. She seemed like she knew a lot when Kazama asked her about humans but didn't give away much when Sen was explaining things.

I loved the picture of Chizuru in Hijikata's arms. That was a great scene-not meaning just for the romance factor.
Jun 10, 2010 8:50 PM

Jun 2009
Antidote - an new army arises, but still half weak
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jun 11, 2010 1:49 PM
Jun 2010
So... If I understood

The "bad guys" are gonna use the girl for breeding purpose because she's a pure "oni" ?

Too bad this anime is getting a plot in episode 9... this reminds me of another certain 12-episode-anime which also involves a demon XD

Jun 13, 2010 1:46 AM

Mar 2009
Typical. The 'bad' guys keep saying we'll kill you next time and all that cliched shit but they won't ever kill any of the 'good' guys.
Jun 13, 2010 1:56 AM

Nov 2007
AlexSadist-sama said:
Typical. The 'bad' guys keep saying we'll kill you next time and all that cliched shit but they won't ever kill any of the 'good' guys.

liked your comment :D
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hakuouki Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Jinjos - May 1, 2010

67 by Dywei »»
Jan 27, 7:33 AM

Poll: » Hakuouki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Plate - Apr 3, 2010

201 by abystoma2 »»
Jan 9, 1:30 AM

» * SPOIL * Am I the only one who want Chizuru dead ????

Ibuki-Ryunosuke - Sep 29, 2014

18 by Weeaboo_Bomber »»
Jan 4, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Order of watching Hakuoki?

WinnDixieX3 - Sep 21, 2014

9 by ForgotEyeWasHere »»
Nov 10, 2023 2:46 PM

Poll: » Hakuouki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 19, 2010

155 by GerardoElMagias »»
Oct 24, 2023 12:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.