Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 29, 2010 12:44 AM

Apr 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Woot! WereGarurumon! Haven't seen him in YEARS. It was cool how Jyou saved Takeru ;D

Oct 29, 2010 6:15 AM
Aug 2009
Another ultimate digivoluton, seems like everyone is going to be meeting demidevimon at some point.
Jun 28, 2013 8:47 PM
Oct 2010
weregarurumon. aww man good ol memories. love that digimon insert song. wanted to cry when it started
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Apr 10, 2014 2:58 AM
Mar 2013
Now this was a fantastic episode. We rarely get to see Joe and Matt interact. As usual, Demidevimon plays his usual trick on the digi-destined.

I felt so bad for Joe being tricked like that and then being accused of lying by Matt ;_;

And once again Joe acts all cool and jumps in to save TK. Way to go Joe ^^ This reminds of the episode where he jumped on top of Unimon to take the dark gear off
Jul 7, 2014 2:56 PM

Oct 2013
Isn't it kind of ironic that Matt's crest is the crest of friendship when Matt is the one who gives his friends shit the most? lol

Demidevimon is proving to be incredibly annoying - not just to the DegiDestined, but to the viewer as well. I want to swat him with a bat or something.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 16, 2014 7:13 AM

Jan 2014
Great episode!
Feb 6, 2015 11:01 AM
Jun 2012
Zadion said:
Isn't it kind of ironic that Matt's crest is the crest of friendship when Matt is the one who gives his friends shit the most? lol

That's what I thought as a kid as well, but now it's clear that Yamato is the one who cares the most about his friends. Since the start he was always the one who wanted to protect everyone. Maybe the dub portrays him differently.
Jun 16, 2015 4:57 AM

Mar 2015
Sora better have a good reason for hiding
Aug 9, 2015 2:32 PM

Apr 2013
Nice episode, but it seems we're back at Power Rangers like chapters.
Jun 13, 2016 2:21 PM

Feb 2013
I wonder why isn't Sora joining them already, she is only helping them from the shadows.
Nov 25, 2019 10:35 PM

Apr 2016
The feels! The brotherhood between Taichi and Jou!

No, don't split up! Stick together as a group!

I'm guessing Taichi and Jou will find Koushirou and put their brains together to figure out the plot. Or, they will save that for when everybody gets together, and instead Taichi and Jou will find Mimi, as they haven't really interacted with her.
Jan 2, 2020 4:32 PM

May 2008
...I want to like this episode but it feels both rushed and clunky.

How much of the mistakes were Jyou's and how many were caused by the villains? I know Jyou says he "keeps making mistakes" but if it IS his fault, it seems odd this level of clumsiness never appeared before.
(And I can't believe he STILL thinks there are other humans. Seriously?) I think the whole drama would have been better played out if it showed us which it is and how little Jyou and Yamato communicate.

And with that, the same problem with Taichi is the exact same problem with Yamato. He doesn't, in general, have a problem with the concept of friendship. And the anime even has him describe Jyou as his friend multiple times. So the anime has to artificially create drama to make them lose/doubt that trait then regain it just for the Crest to activate with 24 mins. Thus PicoDevimon is actually helping them by making them doubt. If he literally doesn't do anything, the Crests would never activate.

Why did Yamato yell out "Friendship"; what's the point?
Why did he flip out and tell Takeru to just shut up and be a follower? I get he's mad but it just seems a bit OOC for what we know of him so far. Heck, a bunch of his dialogue in the latter half is clunky.
And why did he hold the digivice? Especially in that way like it's not actually there. lol

Why did PicoDevimon reveal himself as the bad guy? It's so counter-productive to any plans he could make.

All in all, could have been good, but it's not, not really.

Also I don't know if it's the blu-ray or my file, but this episode went out of video-audio sync.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
anime-primeOct 4, 2020 1:30 AM
Oct 4, 2020 12:27 AM

Dec 2012
Yamato and Gabumon.
Veggiemon. Adult.
Gomamon.
Jo.
PicoDevimon.
LMAO at Numemon using an American bill.
They accept dollar bills but not yen. lol
Digitamamon. Perfect.
PicoDevimon. Dat bribe.
Yamato is cooking.
Dem mistakes. Dat extension.
Jo drops it after saying he won't make any more mistakes. lol
Sora put the brick back.
PicoDevimon approaches Yamato.
Dem dishes. 1 more week.
Taichi.
Digitamamon attacks Yamato.
Dat theme. Garurumon.
Veggiemon has Takeru.
Dat theme. Ikkakumon.
Jo is caught.
Dat Nightmare Syndrome.
Yujo!
Dat theme. Garurumon! Chou shinka! WereGarurumon!
WereGarurumon sent Digitamamon flying.
The Crest of friendship. Who is that?
Dat split up.
Dat ending.

So Yamato's crest is friendship. I can only assume PicoDevimon will be the one revealing the names of the crests, except Taichi, to the Digimon he is talking to after he fails again.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 12, 2021 5:45 AM

Oct 2009
Why is Sora hiding from the teammates?
Is there a reason she cannot show herself while helping them out? :|
Feb 12, 2021 12:36 PM

Dec 2016
Coranie said:
Why is Sora hiding from the teammates?
Is there a reason she cannot show herself while helping them out? :|

it'll be explained a couple of episodes later
Nov 3, 2023 11:43 AM
Jun 2016
Worst episode so far easily. Infuriating

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 6 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 6, 2010

15 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 2:26 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 5 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 5, 2010

17 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 4 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 5, 2010

16 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 3 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 5, 2010

16 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 2 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 3, 2010

18 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 11:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.