MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Which music genre had worst fans?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Current Events »» Which music genre had worst fans?

Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
05-28-10, 5:03 PM

First of all I have no intention to start a flame war. I just want to make a civil opinion thread about the music industry. I respect all kind of music so any kind of music and my criticism only towards its fans, not to music itself.

In the past we often though black metal fans are the worst like they slaughtered goats, drink their blood, dark ritual and etc. But I don't think that are good reasons to be 'worst' kind of music fans. No, I don't encourage such things but since black metal fans are easy to avoid. They also avoid other people too.

However I think there are even worse kind of fans out there. For it would be classic rock and heavy metal fans. It just annoying to see how they attacked pop and hip-hop fans. Just look on Youtube for example. While I also a classic rock and heavy metal fan but I just don't like to see how stupid they can get. Most of them are made up of rebellious teenage boys and young men who think listening less popular music makes them cool. About 90% of hate comments to Jonas Brothers, Tokio Hotel, My Chemical Romance and Lady Gaga came from them.

Why I think classic rock and heavy metal fans are bad is this two things. Classic rock fans refuse to accept anything newer than 1980's except recent concerts of their favorite bands and heavy metal ones don't know how nonsense its lyrics can get. Yes even more nonsense to some pop songs sometimes.
Modified by Socke, 05-28-10, 5:10 PM
Gays and lesbians never hate each other. Fans of both did.

05-28-10, 5:03 PM

jpop if that's any genre at all

05-28-10, 5:06 PM

ZoiQ said:

It's those people who aren't japanese but wish they are, right?

05-28-10, 5:07 PM

Manele fans....stupidity incorporated regional music genre

05-28-10, 5:10 PM

Rap fans.

By which I mean, Wiggers.
pls halp produce mai internet network idole murriage, evry twitter follow donatez ¥300 2 mah dreem!!

05-28-10, 5:11 PM

ZoiQ said:

J-pop, J-rock, K-pop and so on, is just a copy of american music culture. It is obvious that they were influenced by American, those who had bombed Japanese and killed over 100k of citizens.
The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao. The name that can be named is not the eternal name. The nameless is the beginning of heaven and Earth. The named is the mother of the ten thousand things.
I do not recall, Jesus ever saying "build churches, temples, and kill those who doesn't follow christianity..." nor he said "christianity is religion".
News for VN immigrants in EU: vietinfo.eu

05-28-10, 5:13 PM

spupapi said:
ZoiQ said:

J-pop, J-rock, K-pop and so on, is just a copy of american music culture. It is obvious that they were influenced by American, those who had bombed Japanese and killed over 100k of citizens.

Those citizens were collateral, besides, the cities the US bombed were major military bases.

05-28-10, 5:14 PM

Yeah classic rock people can be pretty annoying. All they do is bitch about today's bands.

05-28-10, 5:15 PM

Onibokusu said:
Rap fans.

I agree that rap fans are ba, but where the hell did 'Wiggers' come from?

I am sure every rap fan has tried making their own rap, and I also know that most of them have no talent...

p.s. I'm a rap fan myself, hopefully one of the few with talent... >:D

05-28-10, 5:20 PM

Onibokusu said:
Rap fans.

Agreed. Rap fans who talk to me about mainstream rappers I don't even like kind of annoy me. People like me tend to be closed-minded elitists who think they know everything (about rap) and frown upon any person who makes recommendations to them.

05-28-10, 5:21 PM

Based on last.fm shoutboxes alone, rock fans bitch the loudest about everything, wasting everyone's time by shouting about how X band was so much better before Y album, and they have the tendency to troll popular music communities and try to raise hell. A whole lot of HDU LIKE THIS BAND and I ENJOY THESE OBSCURE ASS BANDS, VALIDATE MY TASTES and not much else.

Of course, I don't think that all rock fans are twits, but there's so many of them and the annoying ones are always the most vocal.

05-28-10, 5:23 PM

ThatUkato said:
spupapi said:
ZoiQ said:

Those citizens were collateral, besides, the cities the US bombed were major military bases.

They were considered as "major military" bases. But most of people who died were civilians, not soldiers.
The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao. The name that can be named is not the eternal name. The nameless is the beginning of heaven and Earth. The named is the mother of the ten thousand things.
I do not recall, Jesus ever saying "build churches, temples, and kill those who doesn't follow christianity..." nor he said "christianity is religion".
News for VN immigrants in EU: vietinfo.eu

05-28-10, 5:33 PM

MT4Life said:
Onibokusu said:
Rap fans.

I am sure every rap fan has tried making their own rap, and I also know that most of them have no talent...

Wiggers are generally white people that try to act black.
pls halp produce mai internet network idole murriage, evry twitter follow donatez ¥300 2 mah dreem!!

05-28-10, 5:36 PM

Onibokusu said:
MT4Life said:
Onibokusu said:
Rap fans.

Wiggers are generally white people that try to act black.

*Edit after internet went off*

If you can find a video of any rapper's live performance where white people are not the dominate race in the crowd, then pat yourself on the back.
Modified by TNK_Arc, 05-28-10, 6:13 PM

05-28-10, 6:05 PM

First result for "live rap artist":

05-28-10, 6:11 PM

First of all, anyone that likes rap is obviously not all there. Rap = Retards attempting poetry. And that's what it is. It's not music, it's retards attempting poetry. It takes absolutely no skill to make a rap song, just knowledge. Which noone in rap has. I hate wiggers, and I hate black people that call each other niggers. I also hate Lady Gaga fans. Have you seriously read some of her lyrics? I mean...WTF. Sample:" She's like revenge In a bucket And she won't look at you Won't look you at She hides through love." Seriously? Wanna say metal has bad lyrics? Look at that crap.

05-28-10, 6:16 PM

ClampLover said:
First of all, anyone that likes rap is obviously not all there. Rap = Retards attempting poetry. And that's what it is. It's not music, it's retards attempting poetry. It takes absolutely no skill to make a rap song, just knowledge. Which noone in rap has. I hate wiggers, and I hate black people that call each other niggers. I also hate Lady Gaga fans. Have you seriously read some of her lyrics? I mean...WTF. Sample:" She's like revenge In a bucket And she won't look at you Won't look you at She hides through love." Seriously? Wanna say metal has bad lyrics? Look at that crap.

The music that others like all boils down to a matter of preference. Saying things like what I bolded might start a flame war.

05-28-10, 6:21 PM

Yeah, I'd say classic rock elitists who claim "any music after (enter X decade here) is garbage" are probably the worst.

05-28-10, 6:51 PM

HaterofBadAnime said:

In the past we often though black metal fans are the worst like they slaughtered goats, drink their blood, dark ritual and etc. But I don't think that are good reasons to be 'worst' kind of music fans. No, I don't encourage such things but since black metal fans are easy to avoid. They also avoid other people too.

This my friend, is a horrible, horrible sterotype..As a matter of fact, this thread itself seems to be nothing but horrible sterotyping, maybe no one here has thought of this yet, but there are individuals out there who don't tie themselves down to listening to just one or two generic genres of music, and have much more expansive tastes..If you aren't more open than you can't really call yourself a fan of music at all and you are more than likely only listening to some specific genre to fit in better with a certain crowd anyways..Just about the same goes for anyone who claims they "listen to everything", only difference is they want to fit in with every crowd..I apologize if it seems i'm acting like an asshole, but i'm only trying to make a point

05-28-10, 6:56 PM

After having read this article I'd probably be saying visual kei. Though, it sounds like that's more the fault of the industry.

Metallica fans are pretty bad, at a festival I was at where they were playing, they just flooded the arena, booing every band prior to Metallica, including their fans. It was kinda mean-spirited.

Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices