Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Apr 15, 2008 9:22 AM

Apr 2008
Hmmm i think people are getting the wrong idea here....it states "3D live action movie" this means itll be somewhere along the lines of Final Fantasy Spirits Within, not an actual live action movie, could turn out well, or could flop either way its going to beat the live action Akira movie that they've already messed with far too much, screw you Leo Dicraprio.
Apr 15, 2008 10:54 AM

Aug 2007
Sebastian said:

They would need to find a director who loves the material, and that would be hard to find. They can be lucky if they find someone like Peter Jackson who was more or less a nobody before "LoTR". If I had to choose one big shot director now it would be James Cameron (but he is busy), or maybe even the Wachowski (first matrix rocked).

The Wachowskis do love the material. Actually, the Matrix was based on their interpretation of Ghost in the Shell, so they've sort of done it already.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Influences_and_interpretations_of_The_Matrix

A movie based on the actual anime itself would still be cool though if done properly.
Apr 15, 2008 10:58 AM

Jun 2007
Thats sounds pretty cool. I haven't watched Ghost in the Shell but I would watch the movie anyway.

Apr 15, 2008 12:22 PM

Nov 2007
Now if only they'd do a Gundam live action film. Actual "Gundam", not just big robots.
Apr 15, 2008 1:55 PM

Jul 2007
Can live action be anything but 3d?

Sam is my sweet peach
Apr 15, 2008 2:31 PM

Jan 2008
Shogi said:
Oh God no, please no. Even though it's Dreamworks, this will not end well. I can't even think of anyone with a hope in hell of pulling off Motoko or Batou. And on that note, I dread the name butchery and plot thinning that is bound to happen.

Really didn't need to be done.

Agreed, this will most likely be terrible, and there is definitely no woman in Hollywood who can be the Major. No doubt this will be craptacular, but I am still curious as to what direction they are going to take it. More comedy like the manga, philosophical and atmospheric like the movies, or sociallly conscious and spectacular like the TV series (I wonder if you can tell which one I liked best).
Apr 15, 2008 2:48 PM

Aug 2007
TheWestExit said:

Yes. I think it's refering to that it will be presented in 3-D, like popin out the screen, not just standard film as opposed to the content being 3-d/2-d. It confused me a bit at first i thaught how can 3-D (CG) be live actio?

Well hope they get the casting right , I think that's going to be the biggest obsticle.
It will be interesting to see what path they take as both SAC and the movies take bits from the manga, just put them together in a different order. I would guess they would lean more towards the movies as they already have published innocence.

Apr 15, 2008 3:50 PM

Dec 2007
This is terrible. First they take Akira, now there taking Ghost. I am so not looking forward to this, and if there is a crappy love story thrown in like in Transformers im gonna kill Spielberg.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 15, 2008 6:07 PM

May 2007
spielberg = :(
Apr 15, 2008 8:13 PM

May 2007
I am here to be the, not going to be that good voice, it may be good, but until I hear a director and cast I am staying away, at worst we could end up with Eddie Murphy as a talking Tachkoma/Donkey.
My anime list
Apr 16, 2008 4:06 AM

Apr 2008
edge_666 said:
TheWestExit said:

Yes. I think it's refering to that it will be presented in 3-D, like popin out the screen, not just standard film as opposed to the content being 3-d/2-d. It confused me a bit at first i thaught how can 3-D (CG) be live actio?

Well hope they get the casting right , I think that's going to be the biggest obsticle.
It will be interesting to see what path they take as both SAC and the movies take bits from the manga, just put them together in a different order. I would guess they would lean more towards the movies as they already have published innocence.

Ill say it again so people might get it to sink in.....3-d live action movies are movies with actors that are motion captured.....then set into completely animated backgrounds etc.....not 3-d like the old cruddy Jaws movies that you wear 3-d glasses for...sheesh is it that difficult to grasp...
Apr 16, 2008 4:07 PM

Mar 2008
Its cool and all that they are making this into a movie, but I hope they don't ruin it. It also is kinda annoying because all the actors are going to most likely be american.

"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb"
-Edward Cullen, Twilight
Apr 16, 2008 4:08 PM

Mar 2008
Ketuekigami said:
This is terrible. First they take Akira, now there taking Ghost. I am so not looking forward to this, and if there is a crappy love story thrown in like in Transformers im gonna kill Spielberg.

I aggree with you. The american movie industry is completly out of ideas. What will be next I wonder.

"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb"
-Edward Cullen, Twilight
Apr 16, 2008 4:15 PM

Sep 2007
Cainan said:

I aggree with you. The american movie industry is completly out of ideas. What will be next I wonder.

I sense a live action Cowboy Bebob movie in pre-production next.

Apr 16, 2008 4:30 PM

May 2007
Tiamat said:
I was looking forward to it until I saw this name: Dreamworks.

Then I...just died a little bit inside.

I mean, yes, Dreamworks' movies, are, like, the pwnnashiest eva (Rataoullie gmo), and I'm looking to Wall-E, buuuuuuut...

Anime + Dreamworks = gmo no.

Those are Pixar, Dreamworks did Shrek, Shark Tales, Bee Movie, those type.
My anime list
Apr 16, 2008 4:45 PM

Aug 2007
Tempest_Angel said:

Ill say it again so people might get it to sink in.....3-d live action movies are movies with actors that are motion captured.....then set into completely animated backgrounds etc.....not 3-d like the old cruddy Jaws movies that you wear 3-d glasses for...sheesh is it that difficult to grasp...

Yeh it is hard to grasp as I think the terminology is out.
3d live action would suggest live action in 3d as opposed to live action combined with full CGI environments, and 3d is not crappy I watched Beowulf in 3d Imax and it was awesome.

Why would you motion capture actors if they will be live action? MoCap captures soley movement for use with CG characters. If you are combining live action with CGI environments then you would using match moving compositing not MoCap. It would just be green screened filmed a la Wing Commander.

Apr 16, 2008 4:53 PM

Nov 2007
Not knocking it until I've seen it.

At the very least, it'll have a truck of money thrown at it, which means it won't some half assed low budget trash heap. How well it's adapted remains to be seen, but if it's "one of his favourite stories", here's hoping Spielberg doesn't fuck up said story.

As a GitS fan I remain optimistic, even if hollywood adaptations are a let down 90% of the time.

[edit] Also: The Transformers movie was pretty damn awesome, I'll hear none of this boohooing over there being a hot chick in it.
Apr 16, 2008 7:53 PM

Feb 2008
If they cast like this, I'll watch it no matter how shitty script it is.
Apr 17, 2008 2:06 AM

Apr 2008
Sebastian said:
Dont get me worng, I will watch it, but in no way will I be expecting a good movie. Too bad they cant just give 100 million to a Japanese film studio. It would be intresting to see what they could come up with.

I agree. Though for different reasons, mainly I'm not big on the idea that 'Dreamworks' is doing it. I think they'll do a decent job, but I think a company like Square Enix would do it more justice (ala 'Advent Children'). Regardless, I'll watch it ... and will probably like it purely on principle, lol. But "love it"? Eh, that remains to be seen.
Apr 18, 2008 10:57 AM

Feb 2008
lol @ dtshyk, that casting selection is win!

Seriously, though, the thought of live action adaptions of anime just scares me. When I heard they were going through with the Dragonball movie, I got worried, and this is gave me a similar feeling.

Although, if these kinds of movies are GOOD, we could be seeing a cool new trend. ^_^
Apr 18, 2008 6:28 PM

Jan 2008
u.u I don't want GitS to be ruined... I hope it's only a rumor...
Apr 29, 2008 9:05 PM

Jan 2008
Let's hope it's done right...that's all I have to say.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
32 minutes ago

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
8 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.