MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Angel Beats! Episode 9 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Angel Beats! »» Angel Beats! Episode 9 Discussion

Pages (25) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Angel Beats! Episode 9 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

600 82.64%
4 out of 5: Liked it

90 12.40%
3 out of 5: It was OK

21 2.89%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

9 1.24%
1 out of 5: Hated it

6 0.83%
Voters: 726

05-28-10, 5:02 PM

GODDAMN SLOW-ASS RESCUE TEAMS! (even if the "rescue at the last minute while main hero dies" thing is kind of overplayed, it always gets to me)

-The entire train scene was almost like a completely different anime. I actually liked it because I figured "Otanashi dies in a train crash" just seemed kind of cheap for such a main character. It makes sense that it would be something that really suits him like taking on the role of Jack from LOST like saving people. I bet if that asshole hadn't stolen the water he would have lived. Where did that jerk think he was going anyway? Both sides were blocked.

-OtonashiXKaede moments are just so sweet.

-This sort of "let's maneuver around Yuri" thing is giving me Death Note vibes but in a good way not a "I'll be the new god" way.

-So how are they going to cover the pasts of all the SSS in 4 episodes? Looks like from the last sentence of the preview, Yui's up first. (Oh god, if TK disappears, it's gonna SUCK!)

I too have to admit, this show has gone in a completely different direction than I thought. Now the tagline of "The greatest story celebrating life" in the PV makes more sense.

05-28-10, 5:13 PM

garfield15 said:
GODDAMN SLOW-ASS RESCUE TEAMS! (even if the "rescue at the last minute while main hero dies" thing is kind of overplayed, it always gets to me)

-The entire train scene was almost like a completely different anime. I actually liked it because I figured "Otanashi dies in a train crash" just seemed kind of cheap for such a main character. It makes sense that it would be something that really suits him like taking on the role of Jack from LOST like saving people. I bet if that asshole hadn't stolen the water he would have lived. Where did that jerk think he was going anyway? Both sides were blocked.

-This sort of "let's maneuver around Yuri" thing is giving me Death Note vibes but in a good way not a "I'll be the new god" way.

-So how are they going to cover the pasts of all the SSS in 4 episodes? Looks like from the last sentence of the preview, Yui's up first. (Oh god, if TK disappears, it's gonna SUCK!)

I too have to admit, this show has gone in a completely different direction than I thought. Now the tagline of "The greatest story celebrating life" in the PV makes more sense.

Totally agree ^
I'm also concerned how they're going to cover all the SSS members.
The story has totally changed directions ^as mentioned above.
As a side note:
Who does Otonashi REALLY like?
Next ep!

05-28-10, 5:19 PM

Am I the only one that dropped couple of tears at the scene where Otonash dies and everyone fill in their donor cards then rescuers come? I bet they all cried for him even tho they didnt know him... I wanna see what happens after... oki guys this is whats gonna happen I figured it out:

Otonash is gonna help everyone feel better about themselves and they will disapear... but maybe they are not dead but just vegetable so when they disappear they actually go into real life...

and then angel gets saved too w000t I want happy ending pl0z

btw if you know whats going to happen can you pm me and let me know if its sad ending because I hate sad endings must as hell stop watching now heh.

05-28-10, 5:25 PM

Maximilious said:
oki guys this is whats gonna happen I figured it out:

Otonash is gonna help everyone feel better about themselves and they will disapear... but maybe they are not dead but just vegetable so when they disappear they actually go into real life...

I started thinking the same thing a few episodes back.

05-28-10, 5:29 PM

garfield15 said:

I agree with you... Well the TK part especially... No actually about the OtonashixKanade part too. Wait... they said that it's the "Greatest Story Celebrating LIfe"?
"I don't need a reason to save someone"

Kamijou Touma

05-28-10, 5:37 PM

This is by far the best episode.

Things turned out exactly as i imagined.

05-28-10, 5:41 PM

great episode 10/10. it actually fit alot of blanks it left. hope next episode is even better.

05-28-10, 5:41 PM

ShibuyaRiver said:

-What they were actually signing was the Organ Donor section of their ID cards.
But it's still heart shattering to know he died just as the rescue team arrived..

At least his body saved some one in the end, hopefully since he become a doner... I was amazed about how he tried to treat everyone's wounds, except his own...sadly it's because of this that he probably died... D:

It was a good episode, I loved the flashback... and the realization at the end. (:
I think this my favorite episode so far...haha.

05-28-10, 5:56 PM

The episode was good and the story changed directions, we know more about Otonashi, but the episode lack of a TK scene :/ And yeah, it´ll completly suck if TK disappears.

All my gifs are in my blog

05-28-10, 5:57 PM

The flashback was great, another good ep.

Let's hope the story quality remains for the next four eps.

05-28-10, 6:02 PM

T_T zomg T_T i feel like crying he died right at the end... so sad... so sad...

05-28-10, 6:10 PM

5/5 hands down. Dropped the humor but in turn the drama was played out to perfection.

We finally got the much anticipated pov switch. Everyone was anticipating Yuri was a faux protagonist from the beginning so it didn't come as too much of a surprise but I still like the development.

Kanade and Otonashi established as an exception pair, I LIKE ^.^. particularly that last line.

05-28-10, 6:16 PM

I'm no doctor by any means, but Otonashi must have had some serious internal bleeding (judging from him coughing up blood and the huge blood colored spot on his stomach), and probably damaged his intestines, because that dark spot was about the area your greater omentum is, which probably got tore open inside him and spread an infection.

Really, that sounds like he was one of the ones in the most pain, but he sacrificed everything he had for those people. Amazing how he made such a huge personality change from a selfish self-obsessed child to an all out caring guy that pretty much gave up his life for all those people by not asking for extra supplies or killing morale with their leader being in that kind of position.

(I do not blame those that say TLDNR)
Modified by Shinrin, 05-28-10, 6:25 PM

CMU

05-28-10, 6:19 PM

Pretty amazing episode. Drama was great in this one, almost like Clannad. The donor card scene was outstanding, made me optimistic that those types of people may be out there in the world. Otonashi sacrificing himself to actually save another's life, even in death.

The humor was still there though: "Oh!, Everybody seems to be quite smart today! Did you eat something bad?" LOL. And TK and Matsushita dancing outside of the door... rofl :D

05-28-10, 6:19 PM

when otonashi died... his eyes were opened

05-28-10, 6:22 PM

RinAngelki said:
when otonashi died... his eyes were opened

It takes the same amount of muscles to close and open your eyes, so it's most likely when someone dies that they'll be open considering people spend like 7/8 of their lives with their eyes open.

CMU

05-28-10, 6:23 PM

Otonoashi and Kanade confirmed for final boss(es)
5/5 great ep

05-28-10, 6:24 PM

I'm quite feel like the same when he died, feel so bad about that when he could have a success life as become a doctor.
I think that guy that Otonashi saved first in the train is not going to forgot the moment but everyone was half dead there so probably in hospital they tell that he is awesome or something like that, even thought they only been together in one week I guess he cried for Otonashi and regret about not giving him the water or something like that, well that guy shared the water bottom, but what is going on with Otonashi injured in the stomach? Why didn't rescue team getting there earlier?
No one is bringing up dynamit or something that can explode the wall, it would be great used of something happend that.

ProBlackbird.Wordpress.com - Check out my Blog

05-28-10, 6:26 PM

Maximilious said:

btw if you know whats going to happen can you pm me and let me know if its sad ending because I hate sad endings must as hell stop watching now heh.

I don't think anybody knows where this is going considering this is an anime-original.

KyonzumiNagato13 said:

I agree with you... Well the TK part especially... No actually about the OtonashixKanade part too. Wait... they said that it's the "Greatest Story Celebrating LIfe"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZVAODrtP6E at around 1:42

Well it's says "The best song in praise of life" but that's like the same thing.

05-28-10, 6:32 PM

Blackbird said:
but what is going on with Otonashi injured in the stomach? Why didn't rescue team getting there earlier?
No one is bringing up dynamit or something that can explode the wall, it would be great used of something happend that.
I agree with your frustration. When they were still in the tunnel for the 7th day, I was really mad, cause there is no way the thought of breaking up the tunnel would have been thought of by the police/rescue workers. Even if they couldn't blow up the rubble with explosives because of the people inside, it took them 7 days to claw their way into the tunnel's rubble? They obviously knew where the train was since it is on the tracks, so threre should not have been a problem of finding the passengers quickly.

Well anyway, Otonashi's story of self-sacrifice was given more drama because of the long wait, so it makes for a good story.

Pages (25) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices