Forums

This is literally one of the best shows Japan has ever made in all of history

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 3, 2010 2:35 PM

May 2007
An_anon said:
johnnyd said:
This is easily the worst series to ever come out with the ~bones~ badge!

It's just awful...

...Except you've only watched three episodes.

3 episodes is enough to assess this repetitive crap....isn't it ?
Jun 3, 2010 2:37 PM

May 2007
Paul said:
I heard this was the most dropped anime this season, next to Working!!!.

Working!! is one of the better animes this season.....I can easily think of 10 others I would drop besides Working!! >_>

But HEROMAN is definitely one of the most dropped series this season. ;)
Jun 3, 2010 3:39 PM

Sep 2007
Oh ...
And i thought it's was K-ON!! who was one of the most dropped ...
Ups not ... I'm wrong.
K-ON!! was not watched anyways. :o
Jun 4, 2010 5:03 PM
Nov 2009
JCDRANZER said:
An_anon said:
johnnyd said:
This is easily the worst series to ever come out with the ~bones~ badge!

It's just awful...

...Except you've only watched three episodes.

3 episodes is enough to assess this repetitive crap....isn't it ?

No, it's not, because the show really picks up up around episode four or five. Calling it repetitive just shows me that you haven't watched enough to even know if it is or not. There's way too many elitist anime fans on this site who have dropped this show while hardly giving it a chance and calling it 'cliche drivel', while it's a fun, entertaining, and badass show.
Jun 5, 2010 1:10 PM
Jan 2009
AidanAK47 said:
Come on man. The characters in Scryed have about as much depth as a piece of paper. I even read that review you wrote. Nothing but a bunch of fanboy prattle.
The story was the biggest flaw about Scryed. It was boring as hell. Lots of things were left open. I ask you, what is alter power? Never explained. It was just some rainbow pixie dust that came out of the ground and gave everyone superpowers. You even pointed out the flaws yourself in your own review. Lot's of fanboying over Kazuma. Trust me, you have not even seen a real badass. You never seen Guts taking down demons with nothing but brute strength. You never seen Shiki cut someone to pieces in a matter of seconds. You never seen Archer kicking ass in unlimited blade works. Compared to them, Kazuma is nothing but a ten year old with a toy arm.

Nah dude. The characters in Scryed were actually pretty well executed, despite all of them being based on archetypes. You can dismiss them pretty easily as paper-thin, Bleach-caliber characters, but if you look a little further there's a lot of development and characterization there that simply doesn't exist in 99% of other shounen series.

And Kazuma's badassery doesn't solely stem from his feats of violence. It's all in the personality, man. Kazuma is a paragon of pride, self-reliance and determination. He's a man's man; no tears, no whining, no relying on others, he just gets shit done.
Jun 27, 2010 9:13 AM

May 2008
This is not one of the best shows ever made unless your 5 and have not watched anything else. This could possibly be one of the most average shows ever made. I don't understand why they aired this in Japan actually. More like the cartoons you see here saturday morning. Probably would have more viewers if they aired it here too.
Jun 28, 2010 5:56 PM

Jun 2009
Well... I liked Heroman. D:
Isn't epic, but is cool. lol
Jun 29, 2010 12:59 PM

Jun 2008
Anyone complaining about the genericness/cheesyness/cliches is clearly missing the point, if you ask me. It's blatantly a parody/homage to old comics and cartoons and Americanism and whatnot.

Except they're all speaking Japanese.
Because Stan Lee is an epic troll. :D

Imo, that's what makes the series AWESOME. That and the animation and the OP/ED (both of them) and Psy's hair and the Stan Lee cameos. ;D
Besides, I liked it from the beginning, but I think it gets waaay better after like...the 5 episode of so.I can't explain why,it just seemed to get noticeable better tome. But i might be in the minority.

It really sounds like you're all taking it waaaaay too seriously, btw. ;D

Also, who the fuck is saying no-one watched K-ON!!? Best be trolling. Loads of people are watching it, both people that loved the first series and those who hated it, because the people who hated it want something to bitch and troll about, which I don't understand myself.
Jun 29, 2010 2:06 PM

Jan 2010
The people calling it repetitive and garbage make me wonder if they watch any anime at all. NOTHING is original you nutcases. This show certainly isn't the worst I've ever seen.
Jul 5, 2010 10:50 PM

Jan 2008
raimiala said:
The people calling it repetitive and garbage make me wonder if they watch any anime at all. NOTHING is original you nutcases. This show certainly isn't the worst I've ever seen.

Bullshit. I've watched hundreds and hundreds of anime, and yes, Heroman is boring repetitive garbage with a paper thin plot. Some may enjoy it for the mindless ride it offers, but it's hardly even a mediocre title, let alone "the best show Japan has ever made in all of history". (Seriously, whoever made this topic must have been high of marijuana). And just because nothing is original doesn't mean you can't just present it in a new way. TTGL, for example: giant robots? done to death. Beast-men subjugating humans? seen it, got the T-Shirt. Using drills powered by manly spirit? Well, the drill part was new...But it was presented in such a fashion that made people think is was a brand new idea. So yeah...Heroman is......average, at best.
Jul 6, 2010 9:25 AM

Aug 2009
DmonHiro said:

Well, the drill part was new...

No it's not. Only people who are ignorant of the mecha genre thought gurren lagann's presentation was original. It's a typical shounen plot with getter robo/records of nothingness references. Call it well executed or anything you want, but just don't try to make originality claims about GL.

And Heroman is fresh on one point because it's a remote controlled robot, much in the likes of Tetsujin 28th and Giant Robo. How many remote controlled robots in anime do you know? Not as much as piloted ones huh?
DocJangarlyJul 6, 2010 9:48 AM
Jul 7, 2010 9:29 AM

Jan 2008
Maybe there's less of that...I don't know...because it's much lamer then piloted robots?

Also, learn to read. I never said TTGR was original, I just said the presentation made it SEEM original, even though it was not.
Jul 7, 2010 9:31 AM

Apr 2010
Stan Lee created it… huge flaw…
Aug 19, 2010 3:03 AM

Jan 2008
Paul said:
I heard this was the most dropped anime this season, next to Working!!!.

Are you on crack?

Heroman: total 8480, dropped 1800: dropped percent: 21%
Working: total 19000, dropped 647: dropped percent: 3.5%
Sep 1, 2010 4:31 AM

Aug 2009
DmonHiro said:
Maybe there's less of that...I don't know...because it's much lamer then piloted robots?

Mazinger Z pioneered and at the same time popularized the piloted robot genre. That's all there is to it. Before that, there were only remote controlled robots(tetsujin 28th), or just robots like Astro Boy. For me, it's refreshing.

Also, learn to read. I never said TTGR was original, I just said the presentation made it SEEM original, even though it was not.

I can read. Thanks. I was just refuting your point about drills and I'm telling you is that the staff certainly didn't try to make it appear original either.

Also, I think you need to see Roots Search, just because.
Sep 9, 2010 3:42 PM

Oct 2009
The only thing good about this show is what Stan Lee hasn't touched, animation, art and ost. because the story and Characters simply suck.
Stan lee is one of the most overrated persons I know. His story's are all the same, a vilain that want to conquer or dominate the world, without any profund ideals. The dialogues are repetitive and the action cenes are always the same kind. The word he creates are exactly the same, real world, then some guys gets crazy powers (fantastic four and Spider man for example), why can't he create a different world? Does it really has to be real world and then some crazy stuff happens to get power. The only exception is X-man that is a little better constructed altrought far away from awesome show, Spider man is cliché but has some good things too.
Can't he create something original? A different world for example, like in Full Metal Alchemist.

Btw for me the best Hermoan episode was the first one, because there was no freaking giant robot and stupid action cenes. I dropped on 6th or something.

Heroman is far far away from other shounens like Bleach, OP or Naruto. Or even Soul Eater that has some flaws but it's still better that Heroman. I guess I even prefere Fairy tail to this shit, and I love to criticize FT.
Sep 9, 2010 5:08 PM
Jul 2010
I think a lot of people bagging on this show aren't looking at it in the context of being a throwback to classic American saturday morning action cartoons. To expect this show to be a complex and riveting adult yarn is to evaluate it under a series of criteria it can't possibly measure up to.

As far as being a well-written adventure story for younger audiences, I think it excels bigtime. It took the concept about a young boy becoming a hero through unlikely means has been done to death, and while it doesn't do anything revolutionary plot wise, the depth of characterization employed in this show is very surprising, and works to make the show worm itself into the viewers heart.

Yes, it is a silly show about a boy fighting with a robot against alien invaders, but the little touches and attention to heart and backstory is what makes it shine to me. The episode dealing with Joey's dad, and the one-shot where Joey and Lina go on a date cement the cast as a family unit, and really struck a chord with me. It showed me that deep down what the show is about is the characters, and that, to me, is the sign of a great piece of fiction.

I think people don't really give it credit for being just well-executed for the kind of show that it is, and they lose perspective and compare it to series that are just not the same kind of concept or even the same kind of audience.

I'm really looking forward to if/when the show gets licensed, because I could see it be right at home on TV at Disney XD, Cartoon Network, or something like that.
Sep 24, 2010 7:38 AM

Jun 2010
This anime is freaking awesome so shut up !! HEEEEEO MAAAAAAAAAAN ! ATTACK !!!!!!!! THESE HATERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2010 8:56 AM

Jun 2009
DmonHiro said:

Mechablitz said:

I can read. Thanks. I was just refuting your point about drills and I'm telling you is that the staff certainly didn't try to make it appear original either.

Also, I think you need to see Roots Search, just because.

Or Gunbuster, is from Gainax too. Is the same thing, but better.

pieceofshota said:
This anime is freaking awesome so shut up !! HEEEEEO MAAAAAAAAAAN ! ATTACK !!!!!!!! THESE HATERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Yeah, after watch Heroman, I changed my opinion of this. Is a good after all, better than many animes of April/2010.
Nov 29, 2011 8:08 PM
Dec 2010
Heroman is a send up of America and its entertainment tropes: the main hero works from 6am gets bullied by jocks has long hair. Every one drives huge cars and the drivers have road rage. And that is just the first 15 minutes. Its called hero man for gosh sakes. Stan Lee is in it.
Jan 28, 2012 3:16 PM
Aug 2010
The OP probably like it so much because its by Stan Lee... and America. He's right though, the reverse is also true so I'm not trying to hate on any country or their culture. Most of the people here are Americans anyways, even if they like the anime-aspect of Japanese culture, most have their pride as Americans.

Anyways, this show's not that bad. If you're looking for the kind of depth and dark themed stuff that's associated with the more serious anime then you're not gonna find it. It probably wasn't meant to be like those stuff anyways. Its bearable if you can just shut yourself up and watch it.
Jan 28, 2012 3:42 PM

Sep 2010
Bobjones said:
If you're looking for the kind of depth and dark themed stuff that's associated with the more serious anime then you're not gonna find it.

Heroman didn't even have the depth or darkness found in Pokemon.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Heroman Episode 11 Discussion

garfield15 - Jun 10, 2010

24 by ayann72_ »»
Jun 7, 2023 12:36 PM

Poll: » Heroman Episode 12 Discussion

garfield15 - Jun 17, 2010

25 by Nurguburu »»
Jul 24, 2022 9:27 AM

Poll: » Heroman Episode 5 Discussion

garfield15 - Apr 29, 2010

49 by Nurguburu »»
Jul 15, 2022 4:21 AM

Poll: » Heroman Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ReaperEXE - Apr 1, 2010

260 by Nurguburu »»
Jun 12, 2022 7:02 PM

Poll: » Heroman Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Chucky - Sep 23, 2010

55 by iamKetranLang »»
Apr 17, 2022 5:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.