Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 29, 2010 2:39 AM

Apr 2008
O-o ... cant wait to see how the last 4 episodes will turn out

May 29, 2010 3:31 AM

Feb 2009
Dotachin and Erika hatless, Walker opening his eyes, Simon accent overload, chef throwing that knife, anime references, Izaya revealing the leader of the Dollars to Kida, and an attack from Yellow Scarves = Pure win!

4 episodes left. We'll get to see the weird couple again next episode. Wonder what part will they do in this war.
May 29, 2010 3:33 AM

Dec 2009
Anri knows Kida's the leader of the Yellow Scarves , Kida knows Mikado is leader of the dollars , So Mikado will find out about Anri ? xD
May 29, 2010 3:52 AM
Jul 2018
Walker is so scary...
Simon calling Kadota... President Kadota! LOL
I hope Shizuo will appear on the next episode.
May 29, 2010 3:53 AM

Dec 2009
Tayloroids said:
Maybe it's just me, but I found this episode to be kind of boring. Not much plot development other than Izaya telling Kida that Mikado was the leader of Dollars. /:

AND STILL NO SHIZUO, FUCK.

Next episode looks to be interesting, but yet again no Shizuo in the preview. ):

everything i wanted to say, you'v said.
May 29, 2010 4:07 AM

Feb 2010
Damn, why no Shizzy love? Oh well, at least we had Simon. I hope the sushi chef gets a bigger role later

ARGH, ONLY 4 eps left!
May 29, 2010 4:07 AM

Aug 2009
Seems like Anri is the only one who could solve the problem here. Since she knows full well that Izaya is a real threat and Kida is the leader of the Yellow Scarves. Still, I don't those three love triangle relationship or whatever it is. :(
May 29, 2010 5:15 AM

Jun 2009
Taiga and Shana figures lol. Love Erika and Walker narration.
Its weird but Anri knows Kida as the leader of yellow scarves. Kida knows Mikado as the leader of Dollars (did Kida knows about Anri?)and Mikado doesn't know anything?

and also, OMG 4 episodes leftD:
Want a second season!!

May 29, 2010 6:12 AM

Apr 2009
Yesh Kida, keep your dogs on a leash when you let them out of the dog house.
May 29, 2010 6:46 AM

Jan 2009
lol Walker Yumasaki reminds me of Gin from Bleach
May 29, 2010 7:27 AM

Jul 2007
LOL @ BL manga cover with characters that looked like Izaya and Shizuo. I caught a glimpse of it and had to go back to determine that it was indeed some purple haired guy that looked like Izaya and a red headed bartender ROFL

8D I love references~
May 29, 2010 7:33 AM

Apr 2009
Yellow Scarves = bad. I hate that Kida is so powerless - when they want to beat up a Dollar, they will.

Izaya is SO EVIL. Telling Kida that Mikado is the Dollars' leader? Good, the misunderstandings could be solved. Making it so he thinks Mikado is doing all this on purpose and out of bad will? EVIL. EVIL EVIL EVIL.
Izaya is a bastard and I don't believe this will never backfire on him. I just don't. He's making enemies out of too many people.

Simon's accent cracks me up.

Oh, and Dotachin? Awesome. He manages to be badass just by walking around with hands in his pockets. How? HOW?
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
May 29, 2010 9:26 AM

Jan 2010
Naratchi said:
I just heard somewhere in this incredibly amazing episode (one of the better) that they talked about a movie coming out with giant monsters. Lol! Evangelion 2.22? Eden of the East perhaps? xD Or maybe that was just made up. I also think I saw Taiga and Wilhelmina chibi characters in the background somewhere... I love references to other anime!

I thought it was Taiga and Holo (from Spice and Wolf), and Shana of course.
May 29, 2010 9:50 AM
Nov 2009
shit got real
May 29, 2010 11:30 AM

Aug 2007
Seems to me that not much happened here other than Kida learning that Mikado is the leader of the Dollars and that guy getting attacked by the Yellow Scarves... Oh well, obviously a set up episode. I hope Anri does something other than sit around moping. She could really put a lot of this fighting to rest. One thing was awesome though: Walker opened his eyes.
May 29, 2010 11:55 AM
May 2010
The opening of the eye(s) aghh its walker lol like allen walker with his demonic left eye
*cough* anyway grr Izaya and your manipulating ways making mikado out to be the bad guy >.< and the dollar hunt has begun unofficially by that horoda(sp?) he was also in the van when they broke saki's legs is he Sadistic or something

ne-ways yea wonder how the confrontations gonna go between mikado and kida and what about anri whats she gonna do?

poor guy getting beat up wonder what mikado's going to do about that hmm make a buddy system? lol but yea dotachin's group is awesome as hell

and Erika and Walker's narration was awesome as well love their way of thinking its like mine? >.< i think? lol

any ways cant wit til next ep~~!
May 29, 2010 12:10 PM

Jul 2009
this was a build up episode.. didnt really work for me, so hopefully next episode will be a blast.

depending how this anime ends, it might get a 10 but as for now, it's pretty far from it
May 29, 2010 12:45 PM

Jun 2009
I really used to like this show....once.
Well one thing I've learned from this experience, is that a princess is still a princesss even when she is naked.

May 29, 2010 12:53 PM

Feb 2010
It's getting better again, but not very good as it maybe was once. It would be a 5 now. I finally clears a bit. And also the Mikado and Kida are not that annyoing any more, but the girl (forgot her name, i mean the slasher) is still shit.
May 29, 2010 1:20 PM

Sep 2008
The 1st half is little boring, but fuck once again the chatroom make me feel goosebump !!!
dammit hope the last 4 episode can make the difference like Baccano did.
May 29, 2010 2:36 PM

Dec 2007

The lack of Shizuo has left me in despair.
May 29, 2010 4:26 PM

May 2008
Erika and Walker was kinda....cool, isn't it?
Great episode, I liked the talking and the narration was nice too.
What will you do now Kida, knowing that Mikado is the leader of the Dollars?~~
May 29, 2010 7:24 PM

Jul 2008
I really like the atmosphere of the past several episodes. I can't wait for the confrontation between Kida/Mikado or Kida/Anri.
May 29, 2010 7:46 PM

Aug 2009
Tayloroids said:

AND STILL NO SHIZUO, FUCK.

I know right?

This series really needs more of him!!!!
May 29, 2010 8:02 PM

Apr 2009
:O
He told.
May 29, 2010 8:50 PM
Feb 2009
omfg I think Kida ordered for that guy to get gang bang like that :(
May 29, 2010 9:05 PM

Oct 2009
Yellow scarf and kida's notion aren't the same...
kida might have a hard time to lead the yellow scarf...anticipate...
May 29, 2010 9:56 PM

Jul 2008
looks like mikado's cover is blown, but whether or not kid believes it is another matter
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
May 29, 2010 10:10 PM

Aug 2008
It's unbearable to watch how Kida's group has devolved into this uncontrollable, reckless group of fools. They don't belong to him anymore, they belong to Izaya. And if I was Izaya I'd have that big grin on my face, too.

If Kida would just communicate with Mikado this wouldn't be nearly as much of a problem. But it seems that Kida hasn't learned from that debacle in the past. The phrase is "fight smarter, not harder", Kida's determined to fight harder.

By the way, the Horo, Taiga & Shana figures in the episode... PURE WIN!!! Is it shameful to be jealous of fictional characters' swag? And the Russians, f*cking scary!
May 30, 2010 7:22 AM

Apr 2010
This episode was kind of intersting. I wonder if Izaya will get what he want. 4/5
Mikado will probably find out who the Slasher is in the next episode.

And gaaah.. I hate those yellow scarves now. :(

Optime olere occisum hostem!
May 30, 2010 9:28 AM

Jun 2009
He's probably going to ask Celty about the Slasher,since he heard that Celty "atacked" the yellow scarf together with the Slasher.

May 30, 2010 10:45 AM

May 2009
May 30, 2010 2:41 PM

Apr 2009
damn awesome episode o_O
May 30, 2010 3:18 PM
Mar 2010
Holy shit xD
May 30, 2010 9:03 PM

Jun 2008
Quick question... 2nd season?
I ship things I want! Why? Because it's fun!
I post retarded shit at times, sorry-- my dumbness might infect you!Please be cautious of me!
I don't come with a security label!

My anime list hasn't been updated for a really long time, so it's not accurate!

May 30, 2010 10:30 PM

Mar 2009
It was only a matter of time before Kida found out about Mikado being the Dollars boss. Can't wait for the series to finish.
May 30, 2010 11:59 PM

May 2008
So the leader of the yellow scarves knows his best friend is the leader of the dollars, but the leader of the dollars doesn't even know much about the yellow scarves and lastly the one supposedly slashed by the slasher IS the slasher. With this triangle of secrets this anime has such great twists. I love it!
May 31, 2010 8:28 AM

Dec 2009
zombieiscool said:
Walker opens his eyes!! -.- ---> =.=

And FFXIII poster ftw!1

i couldn't find that poster. anyone have a screencap of it?
Signature has been deleted because it exceeded the file size limits. Please refer to Section IV of the General Forum Guidelines.
May 31, 2010 8:38 AM

May 2008
interesting!interesting!interesting!inter-... hey isn't that Horo? Oh... hey... that's Zero's costume! xD
May 31, 2010 10:47 AM

Oct 2008
Oresund said:
Kida is so desperate because of one stupid girl and by the way he can't even control his own gang, seriously I thought he was wiser than this.

agree wit you . . . Big time . .
May 31, 2010 1:06 PM

Jul 2008
Horo vs. Taiga LOL

Kida is an idiot. Does he really think things are so simple? Come on. The Yellow Scarves aren't even that anymore - they've taken in his sworn enemies the Blue Squares. I can't believe he is even thinking about turning against his best friend for Anri. Wtf, bros before hoes.

BEGINNER
May 31, 2010 6:20 PM

Oct 2008
=O

Kida knowsssss. I wonder when Mikado finds out.

Btw, where's Shizuo? ;___;
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jun 1, 2010 2:18 AM

Dec 2008
The scene In the anime shop was funny
but overall this episode made no real sense to me

Izaya totally lost it in my opinion now he is only a psycho with too much influence

I hope they can achieve to make a decent ending for this show
since I didn't lked the last two episodes that much

Its all Kida's fault XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2010 2:51 AM

Jun 2009
Goddamn Izaya is really enjoying this, huh?
Jun 1, 2010 6:35 AM

Aug 2009
Anri has started getting on my nerves... because of her it's gonna turn into a battle. I am still wondering why anyone accepted Kida as their leader. To be honest I like his character LOTS, but I don't get what he has to make him a deserving leader... Strength, cunningness, impressive brains? He's not bad, but a leader...? Same goes with Mikado but at least he hasn't made his appearance to his team yet.
Well I like where the show goes to, anyway... with the two gangs and the Slasher.
But I also think that it has put too many stuff in it and I'm not sure it can handle it all and give a proper ending in just 4 episodes. Where is Shinra for example? And what about his dad and all? And Celty's head? And so many other things... will they fit in 4 episodes i wonder, or will we get an open ending? Still I can't deny that I fuckin enjoy this show! :P
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Jun 1, 2010 10:14 AM

Jan 2009
Walker, you so crazy~ xD

Also, even if this was revealed a few episodes ago, I still find it intriguing that Kida is looking for Mikado (without knowing of course until now), because he wants revenge on Anri (without knowing of course) for hurting Anri.
Oh the irony.

..DUDE! The sushi resturant owner is one scary guy xD.

Oh Izaya, you big meanie~
I love it, do continue~
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jun 1, 2010 11:41 AM

Dec 2008
A very dialogue-heavy episode. I'm unsure if it was just the subject material or the translator but I'm going to have to re-watch the episode to see if I can get more out of all that was said. I have a feeling I missed some major points or at least some of the nuances. I disliked the narration spread throughout - a sentence here, a sentence there, all interrupting the on-going dialogue. I found it distracting.

Overall, I like how it's all building up and I'm curious as to where it's all going to head to. Obviously, a lot of the fault is falling on Kida because he can't let go of the damned past and he keeps relying on Izaya (who I still love, despite his manipulative bastard status), even though he knows full well what that entails. Still, we wouldn't have a good story otherwise, would we?

This late in the series, though, I have to wonder why we haven't seen more of certain characters. As of late, all we've been seeing is the main high school trio, Izaya, Shizuo, Celty, and Kadota's gang. Where is that new police guy who chases Celty? Yagiri Namie still hangs around but she doesn't seem to have much purpose. Namie's brother and Harima Mika are all but forgotten (although, the next episode preview briefly shows their return). Shinra and his dad haven't been shown in a while, either. It makes me wonder if the show is able to handle the huge load of characters it has taken on.
Jun 1, 2010 12:24 PM

Jan 2009
Aeterna said:
This late in the series, though, I have to wonder why we haven't seen more of certain characters. As of late, all we've been seeing is the main high school trio, Izaya, Shizuo, Celty, and Kadota's gang. Where is that new police guy who chases Celty? Yagiri Namie still hangs around but she doesn't seem to have much purpose. Namie's brother and Harima Mika are all but forgotten (although, the next episode preview briefly shows their return). Shinra and his dad haven't been shown in a while, either. It makes me wonder if the show is able to handle the huge load of characters it has taken on.
Maybe they'll just throw everything together in the end, and make something interesting out of it? ^^; Seems perfectly plausible to me.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jun 1, 2010 12:35 PM

Feb 2010
I would like to see more Celty. I'm sure the series will tie everything together in the end, but I dislike how some of the plotlines have been put on hold while we sort out this Dollars/Yellow scarves business. Yes, yes, lots of dramatic irony, and Izaya's obviously been pulling the strings. Still, I'm more interested in the Dullahan.

Funny how the gang drama seems less believable to me than the supernatural elements of the series...
Jun 1, 2010 3:23 PM

Mar 2010
JusticeUndone said:
Anri has started getting on my nerves... because of her it's gonna turn into a battle. I am still wondering why anyone accepted Kida as their leader. To be honest I like his character LOTS, but I don't get what he has to make him a deserving leader... Strength, cunningness, impressive brains? He's not bad, but a leader...? Same goes with Mikado but at least he hasn't made his appearance to his team yet.

People likely grouped with Kida because he is charismatic person. He never intended to fight with anyone in beginning until the Blue Squares started attacking them. Then he met Izaya and used his strategies against BS which earned him admiration and respect. The Dollars don't really have a leader, but Mikado is a cunning person that uses every resource that has available to him. Being one of the admins (well the only admin now) he has a influence especially since mysterious to most people.

Aeterna said:

Namie, Seiji and Mika's roles are more or, less done, atleast Seiji and Mika. Namie at this point is now just Izaya's secretary/henchwoman (which he even pays!) inexchange for hiding her from Nebula. Her old company is shutdown so not like she anywhere else to go. The police officer will probably have a limited role, but Shingen should definitely show up since he knows the real reason the Dollars and Yellow Scarves are about to fight eachother.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Proselyt - Jan 14, 2010

330 by Beatnik »»
Feb 25, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

katzenjammer - Feb 18, 2010

299 by Kurkitos »»
Feb 5, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usami-Haru - Mar 18, 2010

455 by ryzxgum »»
Jan 19, 11:09 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Mar 31, 2010

336 by 2life »»
Nov 29, 2023 3:27 AM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

katzenjammer - Jan 28, 2010

276 by 2life »»
Nov 26, 2023 5:51 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.