Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 7, 2010 11:50 PM
Jul 2010
guys have a look at this: http://yunakiti.blog79.fc2.com/blog-entry-5714.html

got it from hongfire forums from blackrodus. well there might be a chance for season 3 after all
Jul 8, 2010 1:47 AM

Jan 2009
Darktrickster said:
I think shes dead, sadly, since the way he carries her at the end shows it.
Just a quick question.. How does the way he carries her signify whether she's dead or not? She might be unconscious, sleeping, or whatever really
┐('~`;)┌
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 8, 2010 5:30 AM
Jul 2010
Oosran said:
Darktrickster said:
I think shes dead, sadly, since the way he carries her at the end shows it.
Just a quick question.. How does the way he carries her signify whether she's dead or not? She might be unconscious, sleeping, or whatever really
┐('~`;)┌

well wat i meant was that he was carried her in a way that would hurt any soneone whose sleeping (look at the neck) + her arms that are hanging in the air. Anyways thats wat i think, although i rly hope am wrong, + wat do u think about the link? I heard that this maybe a hint to a season 3 although i didnt see how.
Jul 8, 2010 7:15 AM

Feb 2010
Darktrickster said:

got it from hongfire forums from blackrodus. well there might be a chance for season 3 after all

Nice find. I know I'd love a third season.
Jul 8, 2010 8:01 AM
Jul 2010
sexiji said:
Darktrickster said:

Nice find. I know I'd love a third season.

still looking for someone who can translate or understand wats the point of the article in that magazine
Jul 8, 2010 10:07 PM

Feb 2010
Yeah, I can't make out what it says in the article.
Google isn't that helpful, but here's the gist of the text in the photo:

オリジナル
作品ゆえの
可能性

Original
Because of the work
Possible

It does show Misaki in the trench coat she wears in the last episode of the 2nd season (it even has the floating car she drives away in with the others), and Hei is carrying Yin away in his tattered coat, so...

*shrugs*

Your guess is as good as mine :P
Jul 8, 2010 11:21 PM
Jul 2010
sexiji said:
Yeah, I can't make out what it says in the article.
Google isn't that helpful, but here's the gist of the text in the photo:

オリジナル
作品ゆえの
可能性

Original
Because of the work
Possible

It does show Misaki in the trench coat she wears in the last episode of the 2nd season (it even has the floating car she drives away in with the others), and Hei is carrying Yin away in his tattered coat, so...

*shrugs*

Your guess is as good as mine :P

hahaha true, but still wat bothers me is the director; he said before that he doesnt think there will be a season 3, however judging from the looks of the picture in the article, the picture is an orginial work of bones, so does this imply a new season? also not to mention the stupid comments underthe articale (yes, i was able to understand them with google). And 1 more thing, which is if there was to be a season 3 they would announce at the end of the 4th ova right? if u dont know the 4th comes in 21th of july this year.
Jul 9, 2010 5:17 AM
Jul 2010
Oosran said:
Darktrickster said:
shourialize said:
If there is I wouldn't really look forward to it with the way things ended and all.
Speaking of the ending, did hei actually kill yin? it wasnt clear.
I think that's actually the whole point. It isn't clear, which either leaves it up to imagination to decide what happened, or they could be preparing for another season, which, in my opinion, would be awesome.

well i think u know this, but in the interview were the author said that this is the end of dtb he also says that yins "seems" to him very dead so...
DarktricksterJul 9, 2010 6:26 AM
Jul 15, 2010 11:47 AM

Mar 2009
Yins multiple personalities confused me at first but now I know what is going on that other contractor was waiting the entire time to snatch up yin and then brought about allot of confusion to those contractors. I guess it wasnt bad I really want see how this ova ends
Aug 26, 2010 1:27 AM
Feb 2008
I still don't get the love thing. I get he's friends with her and they care for each other but not at that level. At least going off of what happens in Season 1. If anything Yin should remind him of his little sister (wouldn't she be around that age?). Seems a bit forced

as for S1 being filler? No not really. Episodic to explain the world and rules and introduce recurring folks like November 11. Everything that happens sets up the stage for Amber's appearance.

S2 kept up the espionage antics and dropped the character studies of the specific characters from each arc to focus more on Suou. It kept things moving pretty decently in each ep but runs into a brick wall at the last episode leaving you to say what? Season 1 ended kinda open but it didn't feel like it just ran out of time.

I don't see why Hei's status as a Contractor has anything to do with it. He was doing that sort of thing before S1 started. There's a reason why they call him Chinese Electric Batman guys :P
Nov 21, 2010 11:57 PM

Oct 2008
Awww, this is a sad episode. :(
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Dec 8, 2010 3:37 AM

Oct 2009
Re-watching all this Darker than Black still gives me that stupid fuzzy feeling in my stomach. Fuck this is sad.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 2011 1:28 PM

Aug 2010
Yin overpowered her specter... interesting
Mar 29, 2011 11:36 AM

Feb 2009
Wow... less action in this ep, but this was incredibly depressing...

Can't wait for the last one.
Nov 9, 2011 7:02 PM

May 2010
I like Yin's outfit lol
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 16, 2011 12:01 AM

Jul 2010
damn i feel sorry for the baby. one way or another, he's gonna end up hating either humans (if somehow he gets powers later or) or contractors (when/if he finds out they did it)
on to the final OVA and than second season.

Feb 8, 2012 4:12 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Very sad atmosphere to the whole thing. I like it. And Yin seems to be drifting further away.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 11, 2012 11:18 AM
Jan 2011
OwlsAreCool said:
I'm impressed. This OVA has a way more fitting presentation of dtb's idea.
The first season had quite a few lines dedicated for exposition, which was awkward at times. Also, the occurence of some silly characters made the first season very shonen-like. The OVA on the other hand gives a mature image of the protagonists, something which I think was also the case in the second season, if I remember correctly. In my opinion this lends the OVA a very gripping atmosphere.
Highly anticipating the finale.

i agree, but i like both concepts

Merril
To go full into the main beef I have with the second season it is that it was a show aimed at a younger audience while I enjoyed the darker, more psychological side of the first season. Call me twisted but these guys were the weapons of the syndicate and acted like it.[/quote said:

funny as i think 2nd season is the darker one and for more mature audience..

i love this OVA...
sspitMar 11, 2012 11:31 AM
Apr 22, 2012 6:31 PM

Jul 2009
What happened to Amagiri? He was just standing there in a daze.
May 19, 2012 3:56 PM

Feb 2012
Aaaarr!!THEY MUST MAKE SEASON 3!Otherwise we go on strike!
"Efficiency is not king, efficacy is."

Post a comment on my profile. Profile comments are fun.

Aug 11, 2012 3:45 AM

Dec 2010
ReaperEXE said:
This OVA so far has been nothing short of amazing.

This.

I've stopped watching anime for several months, and now when started again, I decided to finish this Gaiden. I rewinded the first two episodes just to remember what was this OVA all about, and for my surprise I happened to find out about the scenes which comes after the credits, and whow - I've missed so much without them, to the extent that I didn't get a clear picture of the events in the Gaiden. So I recommend to anyone who haven't watched the scenes after credits in ep 1&2 to do it if he hasn't finished the OVA yet. Like all this time I haven't got idea of who was that Amber in ep one or the guy with the dog in ep 2(despite he appeared for a moment in ep 1). There wasn't such a scene in ep 3 tho.

Anyway, now about the episode itself. This OVA really doesn't stop amusing me to the extent that I see it as better than Season 1 itself(idk about S2, I have yet to watch it). I didn't expect for all the contractors on that place to die... well except for the poor Amagiri, who seems to be alive and dazed, suffering from guilt(it's still good that he's alive, because I it would be so lame if he dies the episode he got revived).

I actually think it's good that the illusion contractor is alive, he makes somewhat of a good bad guy(lol) and he will last longer than most oh the bad guys in this show. I know DTB is(or at it least was in S1) show with separate from each other stories told in 2 episodes, but still I hate when there's not much of a stable connection between the episodes in one show, except for the main character. In other words, it's way more interesting to follow not just the story of the main character, but the the stories of secondary ones and/or bad guy(s) either
Jan 14, 2013 2:40 AM

Jan 2012
A lot of death for a single episode. Hope Hei find Yin before it's to late.

Mar 30, 2013 6:29 AM

May 2012
Damn stuff really getting sad and depressing but the development of the story sure is heading in the right way! The ending was rather sad I wonder what Hei will do next! Up to the last episode of this in between serie!
Jun 11, 2013 6:06 PM

Jun 2012
shit what a amazing episode great development and the story is getting better and better + of course it fills allot of holes on season 2 up to the next episode.
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Jul 5, 2013 12:49 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
All these depressing scenes D: Definitely didn't expect everyone to be killed, that blondie is fucking ruthless. Then again, I guess that's obvious because contractors are normally self interested. But still...it's even more sad because of the baby that was left alive, and we saw how fascinated (in a way) that Yin was with the baby, and how Hei smiled watching her interact with the baby. And it also hurt when Hei told Yin that maybe they should separate, and then Yin cried. I wonder though why Hei couldn't respond to Amagiri, when he was asked what was Yin to him. I guess it's a difficult question for him to answer.
Aug 3, 2013 12:31 AM

Sep 2011
Shiit son, shit just got serious.

tingy said:
All these depressing scenes D:

Darker than Black. It all makes sense now.
Oct 1, 2013 7:13 AM

Jan 2013
OriginANIME said:
Shiit son, shit just got serious.

tingy said:
All these depressing scenes D:

Darker than Black. It all makes sense now.

Yeah the name of the anime should ring a few bells :D
Oct 26, 2013 11:16 AM

Feb 2013
ReaperEXE said:
This OVA so far has been nothing short of amazing.

^

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Jan 25, 2014 1:58 AM

Jul 2013
There's no way Hei would kill Yin.. right??
Jul 7, 2014 12:47 AM

Oct 2013
Well that was depressing as all hell
[/quote]
Aug 10, 2014 7:23 AM

Aug 2013
Very dark episode. I hope Yin is okay :(
My Candies:
Nov 21, 2014 9:18 AM
Jul 2018
The anime is truly living up to its name "Darker Than Black".

I hope that Yin is fine and that Hei can save her before it's too late. Not entirely sure why Amagiri was simply in a daze and that no one bothered even interacting with him.

Great episode, one way or another.
May 16, 2015 2:30 PM

Apr 2013
Second time watching Darker Than Black after some time. This OVA has everything, beautiful Yin x Hei moments
badass moments and pure sadness
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Jul 15, 2015 7:22 PM

May 2015
YIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!
Oct 21, 2015 3:10 AM

Sep 2014
Watching this was very moving for me. Darker Than Black is such an epic series. The finale is going to be brilliant!

Also we're always told contractors are ruthless and that they are psychopaths. If it was Claude who killed all those contractors then he must have some shred of humanity left because he had mercy on the baby. Interesting.
Platinum-PalaceOct 21, 2015 3:52 AM
The afternoon has gently passed me by
The evening spreads its sail against the sky
Waiting for tomorrow
Just another day
God bid yesterday goodbye...
Nov 16, 2015 3:31 AM

Jan 2012
duhu1148 said:

he lost his spirit too.

Dec 2, 2015 2:49 AM
May 2012
Fucking bitch ruined everything!!

AllenVonStein said:
duhu1148 said:

he lost his spirit too.

I think he was being controlled by that bitch.
Mar 5, 2016 10:17 AM

Aug 2014
I hope Hei saves Yin and kill that blonde prick once and for all.
Jun 2, 2016 4:08 AM

Jul 2008
Damn this illusion guy is a jackass.
Jul 9, 2016 4:08 PM

Nov 2015

So that asshole contractor made everything worse. Result, almost everyone is dead. Why did he do that? Who's he really working for?

Damn, I know it's Darker than Black and everyone is susceptible to die but... come on!
There's so much sadness and sorrow one can take.
Dec 30, 2020 11:49 AM

Jul 2017
Since the arc goes for 4 episodes compared to how the season went with mainly the 2 episodes per arc structure, the pacing feels a lot better and the story and ideas have more room to breathe and feel better executed. I found the tone of the episode to be pretty grim with no comedy in sight really, especially given Yin's attitude in particular this episode when she's struggling to communicate her thoughts with Hei and even cried a little when Hei offered to split up from her in order for her to feel safe and not have the voices in her head drag her down essentially like its been recently. Damn you Xi-Qi lol. Intrigued for what the final episode of these OVAs have to offer before I start Gemini after.
Jan 3, 2021 5:43 PM
Apr 2016
I've been meaning to say this for a while, but Hei and Yin feel a little bit out-of-character in this OVA. I also don't like how they're shoving romance between them, it just feels unnatural.
Jul 4, 2021 11:34 PM

Jan 2020
Heh that mouse-teeth-guy follows them.....

Well the future of the contractors is not going smoothly........
Sep 5, 2021 3:13 PM

Mar 2019
Can that guy please stop imitating Amber? It feels weirdly uncomfortable, probably because she's already dead and I like her too much to see her like this. But still, this is still better than the 2nd season, but the reason they didn't just make this the 2nd season was probably because it would be too short.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Oct 31, 2022 1:38 PM

Dec 2020
Hey guys, here's a better idea, let's NOT kill Yin off!

I know I'm a genius.
Mar 4, 2023 12:36 AM

Dec 2022
The second half of this episode was quite dark, but nothing out of the ordinary. Yin getting caught up in all these organisational power plays is a sad sight. Dolls in general seem to be constantly subject to people manipulating and taking advantage of them, even when they begin to show more emotion.

Shaded Horizon

Feb 6, 7:25 AM

Jun 2019
A lot of things happened in this episode. I like that in these OVAs, Yin wears different clothes, which makes her character more authentic than the dress she always wore in Season 1 (although I liked the dress too).
In my opinion, they could have utilized the remnants of the EPR more. There was a good premise, especially with the two contractors who had a baby.
The first half of the episode is perfect. However, I didn't like the way the second part of the episode and the subsequent events unfolded. Unfortunately, it happened that way.
Anyway, the OST of Darker than Black, as always, doesn't disappoint. The music contributes very well to the emotion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Kuro no Keiyakusha Gaiden Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

maji_saikou - Jul 21, 2010

186 by YankataY »»
Feb 6, 1:18 PM

» Let me understand this?

Bard_Eren - Feb 5

4 by Bard_Eren »»
Feb 6, 1:50 AM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Kuro no Keiyakusha Gaiden Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Mar 24, 2010

175 by YankataY »»
Feb 5, 1:05 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Kuro no Keiyakusha Gaiden Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Shiro-cat - Jan 26, 2010

226 by YankataY »»
Feb 5, 6:29 AM

» Why is she emotionless

elChina - May 3, 2013

5 by EmperorThor »»
Jan 22, 2023 4:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.