Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 25, 2010 4:41 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

This episode was intense. Pretty much action packed.

Joe deals with hentai doctor and gives him a good bondage lesson.
Mario uses his straight left to knockout Ishihara.
Baremoto deals with the electricity/blackout but gets caught by the chasing guards.
Cabbage and Heitai fights back the chasing guards.
Cabbage pulls a sumo act and knocks down three.
Heitai joins the action after taking out the key of the main gate with half of it inside the key-hole, practically making the main gate sealed.
Mario, Joe and Suppon manage to escape with Sakuragi.

Next Episode Preview:
Sakuragi is left at Setsuko's place.
Mario joins underground boxing.
Joe is shown again in the prison with Cabbage, Heitai and Baremoto? WTF. So I guess he is caught again. The preview didn't show Suppon at all, so I can assume he didn'y get caught.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 26, 2010 3:22 PM

May 2008
It was awsome, a lot of things happened and it was really intense. I'm glad that they managed to escape, but I almost cried when Baremoto, Cabbage and Heitai stayed to buy time.
Now I'm curious how Mario, Joe, Suppon and Sakuragi will survive at least there's Setsuko to support them.~~
May 28, 2010 2:07 AM

Apr 2008
May 28, 2010 7:02 AM
Jun 2008
I bet Joe will be damn sexy if he is a girl LOL

The "one by one sacrifice them self " scene are much more better than Angel beat.If you know what i mean ^^
MorningGloryMay 28, 2010 7:21 AM
May 28, 2010 9:31 AM

May 2008
MorningGlory said:
The "one by one sacrifice them self " scene are much more better than Angel beat.If you know what i mean ^^

Yes, just as you said~~
May 30, 2010 6:31 PM

Jun 2009
Intense episode. Serves that doctor and Ishihara right.
I hope the 3 gets rescued soon!
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
May 31, 2010 8:05 AM

Mar 2009
any ideas whr can i watch it raw?
Jun 3, 2010 5:10 PM

Aug 2009
Man, Joe is a seriously good actor....:P

Well, I'm glad they got him out in the end.
Jun 6, 2010 8:20 AM

Feb 2009
Joe winking to the doctor is as creepy as the doctor himself =P
Other than that, great episode. Knew that only half would make it out. Now, where are they headed?
Jun 6, 2010 11:25 AM

Apr 2010
Haha, I like how Joe took care of that doctor. Too bad he didn't kill him, though... D:
It's great that at least four of them are out, but it doesn't look like the happy ending is near. :(

5/5 for this episode!

Optime olere occisum hostem!
Jun 6, 2010 3:57 PM

Jan 2009
Is this a good time to say that I support Joe/Sasaki(hentai dr) shipping? :P

Don't ask me why, but I'm kinda hoping they get caught again. I liked the prison parts. So either get caught, or show us Baremoto, Heitai and Cabbage. I especially wanna know more about Heitai (like why they gave him that nickname)
Jun 7, 2010 7:07 PM

Mar 2010
Had to be the best episode up too date. Seems like the kids ball's finally dropped and they took some initative. Im looking forward to the next one to see what happened to the three who were caught
Jun 8, 2010 12:03 AM

Oct 2009
The episodes lately have had me on the verge of tears! Which to me is good since it means that this anime is excellent. God that was awesome.
belatkuro said:
Joe winking to the doctor is as creepy as the doctor himself =P
Other than that, great episode. Knew that only half would make it out. Now, where are they headed?

This too.
Jun 8, 2010 1:28 AM

Jul 2008
This was one of the most intense episodes in the series anime in general!
I was so scared for Joe, who knows what the doctor could've done!
I wonder what will happen to the others who sacrificed themselves.. :/
Jun 8, 2010 6:27 AM

Jul 2008
I expected Joe to actually kill the doctor...Too bad he didn't. Fucking Cabbage is fucking GAR.
Jun 8, 2010 2:46 PM

Nov 2009
Why they left Ishihara & pedo. alive when they just had the perfect chance to liquidate them? o_O
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised God doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness."
Emo Philips
Jun 9, 2010 1:06 PM

Jul 2007
One more awesome episode :p

I cant wait to see the next.
Jun 10, 2010 3:27 AM

Dec 2009
It was obvious that some of them wouldn't make it but it was still sad..
Why The F didn't they kill Sasaki and Ishihara ? -.-''
Jun 10, 2010 1:12 PM

Nov 2009
alwaysbored said:

Well they are 'good' people so of course they wouldn't resort to murder. If they did that would defeat the purpose why we are rooting for them... Somewhat.

I liked how the whole situation was pretty plausible. My question is how the hell did he survive for those two days with a hose on him. Shesh. I also would of imagined a much larger puddle.
Jun 10, 2010 8:58 PM

Aug 2009
I don't usually post in the forums here, but my recent dilemma has brought me out of lurker mode ....

Where are you guys finding episode 8? I have seen 1-7 (loved them!) and have 9 sitting on my HD waiting to go (can't skip an episode), but I have yet to find 8! Anyone know what fansub group put out 8? I can't find it at any of the usual places. Feel free to PM me, or post up here.

Thanks!

PS - With all the hype that I've read for this episode I can't wait to see it!
Jun 11, 2010 10:25 AM

Jul 2009
They are watching it on funimation site since they licensed it. Also I'm pretty sure the ep 9 you have doesn't work if its from a group called Dong. It only has the first few subbed mins so I heard. Unless you are in the USA you wont be able to watch on funi's site and no one seems to want to be bothered to torrent even their web rip. You could try some proxies like hotspot or UltraSurf but even those don't work on funi's site anymore. Basically we're screwed until Frozen subs it which seems to be one every two weeks.
coyote256Jun 11, 2010 5:11 PM
Jun 13, 2010 11:14 AM

Jul 2009
helur said:

Well they are 'good' people so of course they wouldn't resort to murder. If they did that would defeat the purpose why we are rooting for them... Somewhat.

Iono... when Mario murked the cop, I was like 'WOOOOO!!!!'
And I thought the doctor was strangled to death but somehow he got tied up? wtf lol

Anyway, I wouldn't have predicted that they got out and try to make a living. I thought the breaking out episode would be the last.. I am pretty sure they'll get thrown back in..

Sigh, now this feels like Prison Break all over again, which isn't bad but, not very original.
Jun 13, 2010 1:17 PM

Aug 2008
Jun 13, 2010 2:17 PM

Apr 2009
wow quite awesome episode

Fast paced and action also
Jun 13, 2010 2:17 PM
Dec 2007
So extremely cheesy, but so intensely epic at the same time. Incredible how they can mix two opposite types of execution of the script like those without being ridiculous. They're always on the line but the episodes rarely feel too much, that's kind of hard to achieve.

I wonder how the characters willl fare now that some are out and some are still imprisoned. Guess life outside won't be all bright though.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jun 13, 2010 2:36 PM

Oct 2007
Well this is pretty good, I would say. I like how they keep 3 inside and 4 outside. It will be interesting to see how this go on and how they reunite again.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jun 13, 2010 3:09 PM

Feb 2009
Did Ishihara died? 8D
Jun 13, 2010 4:05 PM

Dec 2007
I thought Joe killed Sasaki, too bad. But I guess going to jail isn't such a good idea.

Also...

Couldn't help myself.
Jun 13, 2010 4:14 PM

Aug 2008
Sasaki should have died back there!

Ishihara finally got what he deserved.

Jun 13, 2010 4:28 PM

Feb 2010
I don't think it was such a good idea too hit Ishihara, even if they manage to escape, he will direct his anger at uncovered and the other remaining ones.
Still a great episode, much happened and it makes me really look forward to the next episodes.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jun 13, 2010 4:33 PM

May 2009
Kurogashi said:
Anyway, I wouldn't have predicted that they got out and try to make a living. I thought the breaking out episode would be the last.. I am pretty sure they'll get thrown back in..

Sigh, now this feels like Prison Break all over again, which isn't bad but, not very original.

Never mind that Rainbow is older than Prison Break. Also, the manga actually shows the guys' lifes till the end, not only while they're in the prison, so don't expect that they will be closed in for the whole series (which looks to be 26 episodes long at the moment).
Jun 13, 2010 6:21 PM

Dec 2007
noteDhero said:
Pretty good episode. Finally some pay off.

I'm glad you liked it~
Jun 14, 2010 1:01 AM
Dec 2009
Finally an-chan is out!!

Jun 14, 2010 3:48 AM

Aug 2008
You can imagine what the pervert doctor must think when he sees what people they managed to catch

Doctor: Did you get that hawt blonde kid?
Guard: No, but we did catch Cabbage!
The Cart Driver <-- My awesome anime blog
Jun 14, 2010 10:20 AM

Feb 2009
*Manly tears*
Jun 14, 2010 3:59 PM

Jun 2007
noteDhero said:
Pretty good episode. Finally some pay off.

When you're not moaning and actually praising Rainbow, it means the episode is 10/10 worthy.

I'm with the others who've described this as the best episode in the series to date. From the moment Joe strangled the rapist-doc, it became seriously intense, and pretty much every character who hadn't yet done something as an individual to make themselves standout did so in this episode.

The best part about the episode was the preview. I thought they'd get caught super-fast, but it looks like the story will be moving on with some of the team inside the jail and some trying to earn a living/survive outside. I have a nasty feeling the guys outside are going to be caught after they take Bro (I've forgot his real name!) to the nurse who's into him - Sasaki knowing about her liking him - but it should be good for awhile, at least.

And, if there's another best bit about this episode, it's that the story has moved onto the next stage with something like half of the characters still not having had an episode dedicated to their back-stories. I'm hoping that means Rainbow isn't going to be ending any time soon!
Jun 14, 2010 10:49 PM

Jul 2007
The scene between the old doctor & Jou was disturbing and funny(doctor's rape face) at the same time. I'm glad Jou didn't have to take the act all the way.

Oh yeah, I also thought it was funny how everyone was calling Baremoto a genius for setting up the rope trip trap, it reminded me of something out of Home Alone xD

I kinda knew Ishihara was going to come out in front of them one more time during the escape, but the way he popped out from behind the corner still caught me off guard.

It looks like Jou is back at the reformatory in the next episode, I wonder what happens.
Jun 18, 2010 11:39 AM

Mar 2010
Awesome episode I really wanted everyone to escape

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 22, 2010 2:45 PM

Apr 2009
Amazing stuff, Rainbow is the best.

This episode was epic, the great escape. And it played out messy and exciting, I'm looking forward to seeing where the show goes with three of our boys still behind bars, and four out on the streets.
Jun 26, 2010 10:10 AM

Feb 2009
alwaysbored said:

Because they are not murderers.... would you?
Jul 1, 2010 8:12 PM
Mar 2009
Why couldn't they just sneak out of their cell and give food and drinks to him instead of going hardcore and trying to sneak out? That way, they will get punished just a little for sneaking out and they can save bro without causing him any trouble. Then he would of been able to survive the last 5 days.
Jul 10, 2010 2:44 PM
Jan 2009
HOLY CRAP! The scene where Ishihara suddenly popped out scared the shit out of me!1
Jul 17, 2010 6:28 AM

Jun 2008
Ahohime said:
Did Ishihara died? 8D

One can only hope but unfortunately probably not. Seeing his messed up face was enjoyable though.

And the scene with the doctor naked in all fours. OMG! my eyes, you disgusting old fart. So he likes do take it? He's a little bitch isn't he?

Now they have to find a doctor. And want they have people chasing them? I'm also worried about the guys left. Those guys are gonna get some harsh treatment. Those two disgusting guys may even try to kill them like they tried with bro.

Zammyfighter said:
Why couldn't they just sneak out of their cell and give food and drinks to him instead of going hardcore and trying to sneak out? That way, they will get punished just a little for sneaking out and they can save bro without causing him any trouble. Then he would of been able to survive the last 5 days.

They already tried that shit and now the security was stronger. Besides now he had the water torture also. I think he was also tied but am not sure.
MonadJul 17, 2010 6:35 AM
Jul 22, 2010 10:05 AM

Feb 2010
Great episode. Wasn't suprised when Ichihara brought out a knife to kill Sakuragi -_-
At least Mario gave him a good beating.
Jul 24, 2010 2:47 PM

Jul 2008
Cabbage would have become the best lineman in football history if he'd been born in America.

Finally something happens. I really wonder how you can survive in the outside after breaking out of jail.
Jul 28, 2010 5:44 PM

Dec 2008
"Don't show me your body you disgusting old pervert!"
Nuf said. LOL!!!
Aug 3, 2010 9:00 AM
Nov 2009
AnimeMama said:
"Don't show me your body you disgusting old pervert!"
Nuf said. LOL!!!

^this
Sep 4, 2010 7:06 AM

Mar 2010
Just when you think they are free that damned Ishihara appears..Someone kill him please.Put him out of his misery..
And can anyone tell me why Joe didn't kill that perv doc???He just tied him.Chop his head, not to mention anything else.Just to be sure..If he had killed him, they would have escaped successfully..WHY???
Sep 4, 2010 7:11 AM

Mar 2010
Zammyfighter said:

About that..Even if they did what you suggested, there is no way those damned people would let Sakuragi leave the jail.At least in one piece.They would find another way to erase him..Be it food poisoning or hanging him, pretending to be a suicide..Just a few ideas.So sooner or later something major had to be done..
Sep 24, 2010 2:33 PM
Jul 2009
oh my goodness!! this was such an intense episode!! i was on pins and needles the entire time!! i'm sorta apprehensive about the next episode because something bad is bound to happen....T____T
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jakeki - May 11, 2010

132 by phantom346 »»
47 minutes ago

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - May 5, 2010

151 by phantom346 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DrRoboto - Jul 20, 2010

79 by Gabi15 »»
Apr 19, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

shanimebib - Jun 22, 2010

182 by AnimeDownUnder »»
Mar 22, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Florete - Sep 28, 2010

220 by prozyne »»
Mar 6, 9:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.