MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Higashi no Eden - Movie II: Paradise Lost Episode 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Higashi no Eden Movie II: Paradise Lost »» Higashi no Eden - Movie II: Paradise Lost Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Higashi no Eden - Movie II: Paradise Lost Episode 1 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

112 34.78%
4 out of 5: Liked it

111 34.47%
3 out of 5: It was OK

59 18.32%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

28 8.70%
1 out of 5: Hated it

12 3.73%
Voters: 322

05-23-10, 1:13 PM

Awsome! Will there be a 3rd movie too? haha

08-04-10, 3:27 PM
News Team
Raw out: http://say-move.org/comeplay.php?comeid=86264

Modified by tsubasalover, 08-04-10, 5:10 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

08-04-10, 8:33 PM

Yeah this was indeed a good movie that want me to give it 10/10, awesome ^^

ProBlackbird.Wordpress.com - Check out my Blog

08-06-10, 7:47 AM

I just watched it... it was certainly good but somehow it felt like it was lacking something. I guess they built up a story of so grand a scale that it was hard to find a satisfying ending...

oh welll... I certainly enjoyed it.

08-07-10, 5:01 PM

Huh, I kept expecting SakixAkira ending. I shouldn't be surprised it turned out like it did.

Anyway, I'd rather watch 24 episodes of Higashi no Eden than 11 episodes and two movies. It's too boring when they give you ten minutes of action cut into two, three parts instead of layering it evenly through the movie.

Stuff I liked:
Juiz clones. I'm glad they finally explained how she could pamper the players 24/7. More plausible than highly advanced AI anyway.
Mr Outside and his reasoning for ending the game the way he did.
Mononobe, 'cause he turned out to be human after all.

Stuff I didn't like:
That number I can't remember, but kinda looks like the guy from Sky Crawlers. Most unimaginative revenge ever? (I'm talking about his choice of weapon, mainly.)
No more Eden of the East.
That part when Pants installed AirShip on every mobile that used EE in the past. Creeepy.
Lack of SakiAkira, I guess. It's not the most disappointing finale, but I'd prefer if Saki got her happy ending. Instead, EE leaves me with ParaKissque feeling. Maybe without so much crying and no pretty dresses, but still, my romantic senses aren't tingling.
Weird pacing.

I think I'm gonna rewatch the series and avoid the movies. They didn't live up to the standard the series created.
Modified by taim, 08-07-10, 5:08 PM

08-13-10, 1:13 PM

A good movie, but along with several others here I felt it was lacking the "oomph" the TV series had...

I guess I was expecting a more, how should I put it, explosive ending/climax.
Still good nonetheless...

08-14-10, 1:12 PM

Is this really the end of the end? Didn't get the feeling that it's over or wahtever I mean buhh... ;/ But still good movie

08-20-10, 4:00 PM

OMG!!! this was totally LAME.

I just finish watching the series + the two movies on one sitting. The 2nd movie added some nice elements to better understand the whole story; but at the end I felt like throwing myself in front of a car.

The series and the first movie were awesome in my book.
I really envy those of you that like this movie and/or the ending.

08-21-10, 5:32 PM

I was hoping that this would at least give me what the first movie lacked, entertainment. It's just too expected that he would wipe his memory in the end and still vaguely remember what happened. They should have at least closed the door on Akira x Saki, whether they ended up a couple or not. I think the only thing that's worse is that they left an opening for a sequel, though considering how much Production I.G. wasted on these movies I don't think there will be one, at least I hope there won't. I get the impression that most people who watch this will be left feeling empty and distraught. I'm not sure what rating would correlate to expected/10.
Modified by ReaperEXE, 08-21-10, 5:51 PM

08-25-10, 11:04 AM

*Sigh*

After the TV series, my expectations where pretty high for this show... I lived through the first movie hoping that the second movie would fulfill all my expectations but sadly everything fell short.

In terms of comparing this series to others, it's above the standard; but the moves do not live up to the hype the TV series generated. The ending in no way matched the ending of the TV series either =|

Saddness! ;_;

But I guess that's what we get for placing our expectations so high =\

08-25-10, 1:57 PM

You think they could come up with something better? Not enough Saki and Takkun moments. Another example of why sequels never work out.
Modified by Confucius, 08-28-10, 6:24 PM
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone

08-26-10, 1:41 AM

i hope they continue the series until we get a satisfying ending! :D anyway, after the credits they obviously show space for a third movie or second series.

BTW, that was probably the best kiss of this anime season :P

i liked it, but since it hasnt lived up to my expectations im going to rate it with an 8... the first one i rated it with a 7 :P at least this one felt more complete..

P.S. the fansubs i watched where terrible... like i want to through myseld in a river and die terrible.

08-27-10, 1:26 AM

so, I watched this movie like around 1am....and my face was a WTH is happening? thru out the whole movie...sorta like this: (O_o)

maybe I need to rewatch everything for me to fully understand it....but i really dont feel like it...I mean... I did like the series...but obviously I am too lazy and I dont think is going to fulfill the emptiness I feel right now. Overall, I think it was an okay movie...(n_n);;

even thou i dont quite understand the ending...why is he even hidding, is it bc he is a terrorist?? if #1 forgot his memories...and possibly even died...how is it possible for the gang to be free and clean out of charge?? uhh...is that the REAL reason why Akira is hidding...wait he is w Mr. Outside...wait...WHAT?? I feel like my brain was just raped...

btw, I cant believe Akira's brain could stand a third memory wipe out...hahahahaha isnt that fortunately ironic???

08-27-10, 1:55 AM

Interesting take on modern Japanese society but that's it. No real tension, bland characters.

And Saki didn't die, meh.

Overall, slightly better than the first movie.

7/10

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."

08-27-10, 7:38 AM

The movie answered some of the questions that i had from he series and the first movie. I really thought there be a better ending though =/ but it dose leave it open to the possablity of another film or a second season, but i dout that would happen and it prob wouldn't have the same kinda feel that the first series left me with.

The movie was deffo lacking something the series had, but i can't place what it is unless i rewatch it all which i'm to lazy to do

08-27-10, 9:23 AM

I hope the ending is a foreshadow to a 2nd season or 3rd movie. ^_^

08-27-10, 2:06 PM

I'm kinda unsatisfied... I think it was a bit.. yeah how should I say it.. it's like they had like 3 ideas for an ending and choose to put them all in the movie but in the end only "really end" with 1 of them, the other 2 letting vague.. I really hope there's gonna be a film 3 but I don't think so, if u think about it without liking/noy liking it's an ending. Not the best one, not what I expected -after the episodes and the first movie- but it's different xd

I was like 0.o not again, they're nót gonne wipe his memmories at the end after they all "won" the game! was so relieved that he still knew everything ^^
But, can somebody explain.. if that woman was really his mother, how come so that the PM isn't his real father? Or was his father just an unknown guy and was that picture of them showed to confuse us? xd

I would've loved if the anime was 24/26 episodes instead of 11, the storie is kinda rushed, even with 2 movies.. And am I the only one or did somebody else hoped/thought that he would be "king" and help everybody? I would've loved it if the would've ended up being king, lol ^^ (btw, when he hit Mr.Outside with that.. thing -lol can't come up with the name of that thing- that was so much win!-

08-27-10, 6:21 PM

As everyone here....the movie was not as satisfying as the series. The huge gap between the series and the movies made me forget few things which made the movies harder to understand.

Love the way Saki ran after Takizawa and the kiss scene was sort of cute.

The subs I watched was plain bad.....therefore could someone tell me what did Takizawa announce as his demand?

08-27-10, 7:47 PM

The movie overall was great aside from the ending. Really the ending leaves a slight of a cliff hanger, but also really doesn't leave much room for a third movie since all the former selaco lost their memory.

I wanted to see more SakixAkira action..... but the story was still good, glad to see alot of the gaps were filled

08-27-10, 7:59 PM

I was a little unsatisfied with this movie, but at least the game is finished.

LAZINESS WILL BE THE DEATH OF YOU!

Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices