Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 22, 2010 7:07 PM
Dec 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Timing #8 tonight. Hope to have it up Monday morning.

Next week I'll be in Alaska at my niece's high school graduation over the weekend. So 9 will have to wait until I get back.
May 23, 2010 12:45 AM

Oct 2008
ridojiri said:
Well that was confusing. The episode I mean.

Basically team Nishiura is taking a walk in team Tosei's shoes since Sayama managed to to do their homework figuring out all the habits of Nishiura's teammates, including Abe's signs and Hanai's tendency to hit the ball back to center.
May 23, 2010 1:51 AM

May 2009
In this episode Nishiura's batters finally realise they should watch the opponent's defence before hitting, and Abe finds out that dealing with Mihashi's ability has drawbacks and needs adjusted tactics to succeed.

And on the edge of sanity I stumble and fall.
May 24, 2010 6:35 AM
Dec 2008
#8 is up. I'll be out of town this coming weekend so the next one(#9) will probably be done and up by Thursday next week.
http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=torrentinfo&tid=132705
May 24, 2010 11:06 AM

Apr 2010
Great episode. It feels like the first "real" match of this season has started. I'm looking forward to more!
May 24, 2010 3:31 PM
Dec 2007
There's no sports anime where the actual game has been executed and directed this well, for any sport and in any anime. This episode just reminded us of that, and the 5 or 6 following episodes (I think that's about it) that will make up this match will prove it each week to come. Oofuri is just perfect as a slice of life / sports anime as it's mixing the best of both genres.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
May 24, 2010 7:41 PM

Aug 2008
This was a tough episode to watch. Seeing everything go so smoothly for the opposition made me feel terribly for everyone else. Compared to Cross Game and other baseball shows, Oofuri truly makes me worried for Ren's pitching record, his self-esteem, and the general mood of each of the players. I kind of have a headache from being so anxious...or maybe it was the iced coffee.

Loved it. Bumped up to a 9.
May 24, 2010 11:28 PM

Jul 2008
Already a strategy-intensive game. Abe took which the mental hit already which is different from the "in-control" demeanor that he's shown so far in this series. This is why I love this anime.
May 25, 2010 4:09 AM

Jan 2009
I am so noob. How do I make sure my torrents work quickly?
Just it is on 1.5 percent.
Sometimes the torrent will jump right up to like 500 KB/s, but most times I run BitTorrent 6.1.1 [Utorrent] it just will go at a snails pace and then stop working altogether.
May 25, 2010 4:48 AM

Nov 2007
Ah, they're really having it tough now that they've brought enough attention to get their gameplay studied. Everyone seems to be losing their cool as well, particularly Abe and Izumi. It makes me nervous just thinking about how much pressure is being put on them >.<.
May 25, 2010 7:02 AM

Jul 2009
Haha, Abe will show Mihashi middle-fingers! Now that's gay :D
May 25, 2010 7:25 AM

Jan 2008
I was so engrossed watching this episode and then credits roll. Ah cliffhanger! This is probably the most intense situation they encountered so far. I like it.

mariux9998 said:

LOL. Now that you've mentioned it, ah yeah...we can call it the other way . Not only that, how about the tickling of Mihashi? Shounen-ai hints huh?
May 25, 2010 7:48 AM

Jan 2009
Honestly the only thing stopping this anime from being totally homosexual is Chi and Momo.
and i hope if fixed that problem btw.
May 25, 2010 4:01 PM

Apr 2007
I'm really liking this game. It can get boring when things go so smoothly for the main team, which is what usually happens. Looking forward to the next episode :3
MonochromeMay 25, 2010 4:04 PM
May 26, 2010 7:38 PM

Dec 2008
This part made me anxious in the manga too. I love how they make up a sign for shaking off a sign.
How long would it take to earn 50 million yen, Karasawa? - Katsuya
No longer than it would take to get to the bank, provided I have a gun. -Karasawa
I'm through talking with you. -Katsuya
May 30, 2010 8:37 AM

Aug 2009
I wanna see ep 9 so bad. The raw is out but it isnt subbed yet :*(
Ni Paaa ^_^

Jun 1, 2010 6:57 AM
Dec 2008
Makku-kun said:
I wanna see ep 9 so bad. The raw is out but it isnt subbed yet :*(

About to board an airplane to go home and work on #9. We should have the 9 available by Thursday morning.
Jun 2, 2010 9:33 AM

Jul 2009
This was a really interesting episode in that a lot of the team were losing their cool. I was so anxious for them! This is the only sports anime that gets me so concerned about the characters well being. I'm looking forward to episode 9 ^__^
Jun 2, 2010 7:35 PM

May 2009
Wow, such a thoroughly enjoyable episode. To see Nishiura get beat at their own game (and not realize it) was interesting to watch. Of course Abe wasn't going to realize it on his own since that would've made things way too easy. Much credit goes to Mihashi for deciding to try to communicate his thoughts to Abe and the coach even if it did take a couple of people to coax/pull it out of him. The battery is slowly getting it with emphasis on slow. But at least it's progress. Tajima continues to be awesome as he knew what was going on from the start and adjusted to it. Baseball is a game of adjustments right? This episode could be used as a coaching tool IMO.
Jun 7, 2010 10:21 PM

Jul 2007
haha, I was biting my fingernails a lot during this episode. I hope they can turn the game around soon.

The tickle-relaxation game scene was quite funny.
Jun 18, 2010 12:03 PM

Aug 2008
I'm badly in love with tajima, it's crazy how he can make me smile just because he says something! XD
Jun 27, 2010 5:14 PM

Mar 2010
great episode

"I am the bone of my sword,
Steel is my body and Fire is my blood,
I have created over a thousand blades,
Unknown to Death,
Nor known to Life,
Have withstood pain to create many weapons,
Yet, those hands will never hold anything,
So as I pray, unlimited blade works"
Dec 27, 2010 3:44 PM

Jul 2008
Tajima really is a skilled player. This is turning into a really great game and learning experience.

BEGINNER
Jan 19, 2011 3:33 PM

Feb 2009
Good job,Mihashi! But poor boy got caught between angry Abe and angry Momoe...scarry! Looks like it's gonna be a realy hard match :S

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Aug 17, 2011 2:55 PM
Oct 2008
mariux9998 said:

When I saw that, I had to giggle. I wonder if they know about that "sign" there? It probably doesn't mean the same thing, right?

Pressure's on, can't wait for tha doramaaa.
Jun 17, 2012 1:42 PM

Jan 2012
Wow, he can't even shake his head to say no properly
Dec 4, 2012 4:43 PM

Jul 2011
Oh the middle finger... why not pinky or something? XD

Momoe is scarier than Abe!
Jan 6, 2014 5:23 PM

Aug 2009
nice episode! so much tension and I love how they have to overcome this ordeal. how will they do it? is the question. so intriguing!!! loving this anime!

Jan 19, 2014 4:33 AM

Nov 2011
very funny while Mihashi was trying to say that he realized, he was crying lol ...

I wonder if they can win after that huge left behind ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Feb 6, 2014 9:41 PM

May 2012
Done re watching the 1st season and then the 1-7 episodes of the 2nd season. Upon reaching the season 2 8th episode, I am torn between continuing to rewatch or stopping already because as far as I can remember, these parts are the toughest and quite frustrating ones to watch. Bijou is really a good "strategical" team in which Nishiura had a big time struggle. But anyway, seems like I will still continue since the ending is realistically nice and emotional for me.
Jun 16, 2014 7:07 PM

Mar 2008
noteDhero said:
This was a tough episode to watch. Seeing everything go so smoothly for the opposition made me feel terribly for everyone else. Compared to Cross Game and other baseball shows, Oofuri truly makes me worried for Ren's pitching record, his self-esteem, and the general mood of each of the players. I kind of have a headache from being so anxious...or maybe it was the iced coffee.
Exactly this.

Painful now to see what catered-to tactics can do to our protagonists. Even more unsettling is Roka and the catcher - mention of the borderline "illegal" moves - "doing anything" to win. I don't want to jump to complete foul play leading to injury, but it sure seems like we could be heading that way.

The ante is raised oh so very high already.
Apr 1, 2015 7:21 PM

Feb 2015
Ckan said:
noteDhero said:
Exactly this.

Painful now to see what catered-to tactics can do to our protagonists. Even more unsettling is Roka and the catcher - mention of the borderline "illegal" moves - "doing anything" to win. I don't want to jump to complete foul play leading to injury, but it sure seems like we could be heading that way.

The ante is raised oh so very high already.
Ahhh I have to pause the episode every time things get bad because I feel the pressure on the entire team. How does OoFuri make me so anxious??
Sep 24, 2015 12:11 AM

Jul 2013
It was pretty cool of Mihashi discovering that the opponents batting line up had changed their batting patterns because they had figured out Abe's game calling habits.I'm really glad he didn't keep his discovery to himself like last time.

Bijoudai really did their homework on Nishiura's batters and their battery.
Well,essentially when they started playing in the match no one had any info on them but now that they've lost that advantage ,their strength is really being tested here.It's interesting to see if they'll adapt to the situation at hand and manage to make it work in their favor.
This is definitely going to be a very challenging match.

Also I really hope that Takeshi's illegal moves have nothing to do with plays designed to injury anyone.
Incr3dibl3Sep 24, 2015 12:16 AM
Nov 4, 2016 6:16 PM
Sep 2009
Well done Mihashi, I feared it would drag for too long but things are moving in interesting way now.
Mar 28, 2017 11:13 PM

Jun 2015
The way Abe treats Mihashi annoys me so much. Kid is such a dick to him.
:)
Mar 11, 2019 4:41 AM

Feb 2013
So this is what they meant by going after Abe?
Phew, I thought they would injure him.
Jul 24, 2021 5:01 AM

Dec 2020
bijou is doing the same thing nishiura has been doing to the other teams to win so this is to be expected. still makes me really worried and nervous tho im excited to see how they'll overcome this

also just realised that last episode before they got in the stadium there was a team crying shown... hope thats not foreshadowing because I WILLL CRY

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte ~Natsu no Taikai Hen~ Episode 2 Discussion

ridojiri - Apr 12, 2010

32 by TRC_Randy »»
Feb 12, 8:29 AM

» Any chances for season 3?

ToG25thBaam - Sep 22, 2013

16 by Flameskrrfox »»
Dec 1, 2022 2:28 AM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte ~Natsu no Taikai Hen~ Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

nami_k - Jun 25, 2010

80 by _winterbear_ »»
Sep 11, 2022 12:45 PM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte ~Natsu no Taikai Hen~ Episode 3 Discussion

ridojiri - Apr 17, 2010

26 by yutaka_shin »»
Sep 9, 2021 12:12 AM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte ~Natsu no Taikai Hen~ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

nami_k - Jun 17, 2010

85 by lizzziziz »»
Aug 16, 2021 7:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.