Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 29, 2010 11:41 PM

Aug 2009
I found Angel Beats to be a lot better than Clannad...
Jun 30, 2010 9:20 AM

Jul 2009
hazelinventado said:
Psychodrake said:

Absolutely. Air remains one of the better anime I've ever seen, unfortunately to me it suffers from one problem Angel Beats! also suffers from, and thats a very short run time.

Yeah but AIR didn't FAIL on spreading the WHOLE PLOT on that department

Yeah Air worked much better as a shorter series. Angel Beats! NEEDED more episodes.
Oct 26, 2010 5:08 PM

Apr 2009
hazelinventado said:

I soo agree!
A lot of people say it sucked because it so depressing and stuff but they just don't want to admit that they don't get it or the subconsciously shut themselves from embracing the masterpiece that it is.

Angel Beats was such a Key fail... I never thought KEY would make that mistake: bad plot distribution. Clannad After Story is "fanserviced" too as you say but more on the moe side. The sad moments in Angel Beats that I once cried for now turns into something that was just forced in there.

I love the whole concept of Afterlife and their bittersweet disappearance but really after the first 3 disappearances, it was just like "= . =" EVEN YURIPPE'S DISAPPEARANCE SCENE WAS SO BLANDLY PLAIN. It just didn't catch up.
And in AB! the most fanservice moment for me was Yuzuru saying "I love you " to Kanade. I mean, REALLY?? I thought he loved her as a younger sister. Or maybe that is just another result of the fail in the pacing of the show.

Over all the animation and music made it up for me. But that's not much for me... I mean the story is what I'm looking for in Key... But like any other Key anime, I laughed, cried[?] and got angered[in this case on the show itself XD]

It isn't as good as other key works because it was sorta predictable... for a Scifi type

Wow, completely agree with you. although i dont think its a fail :P

i mean i loved Angel Beats i realy did like it, i loved the music the characters and the afterlife theme.

but alot didnt make sense, trust me i DO understand the story but it still doesnt make complete sense.

and there was alot of fanservice too..

but ah well, episode 8 was very original and beautiful to me. and some other things where nice, to me the music was the best of the series : )

and yes, Air is truly original. its so underrated becasue most people dont understand it or find it too depressing, such a shame though. its almost as good as Clannad After Story
Jan 4, 2011 1:10 AM

Dec 2008
It tried to do too much and failed to deliver any consistency to any of its aspects; only the character designs proved to be genuinely attractive but the characters' personalities, stories, and developments were very shallow compared to the rest of the KEY series.

It was a great idea in theory, but it failed to produce anything noteworthy.
Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Apr 17, 2011 1:56 PM
Apr 2011
It was waaaaay way way way waaaaay too short for as much as it tried to do. They could probably have gotten away with 13 episodes by writing out the majority of the cast and tightening the focus heavily and made a pretty good, possibly even great show, but for as much as it tried to cover they probably needed two full seasons. God, I just watched this show in one lump and I just feel so frustrated. It could have been so good, but despite being very enjoyable at times, the end product was a highly polished disappointment in my eyes.
Dec 1, 2012 1:22 PM
Jul 2012
It's aright.
Dec 1, 2012 1:23 PM
Jul 2012
ShibuyaRiver said:
I'm saying is, there is nothing in this series that is even worth the title 'incredible', everything in this show is medicore at best.

100% agreed.

^
Dec 7, 2012 7:32 AM

Nov 2007
Thank god there are people who dislike this show. I'll be blunt, Angel Beats was trash, it's overhyped. I honestly fail to see how everyone's so touched and moved by its awesomeness....How do they even compare this to Clannad?

Key should just suck it up and beg KyoAni to do their adaptations, look at Little Busters for example, the show that's been in my most anticipated to watch list since the game was released is now below 'Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo' in my priority list, It just lacks that special KyoAni touch....

Mar 18, 2014 6:29 AM

Apr 2009
Air , Kanon , Clannad + After Story are MASTERPIECE!!

Angel Beats is FINE!

Little Busters is Pathetic! and Refrain is AWESOME!

I'm expecting more from KEY! :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - May 14, 2010

536 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Yesterday, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 25, 2010

1748 by Vapor_AU »»
Yesterday, 9:21 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 28, 2010

563 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 8:17 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Apr 30, 2010

608 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Yesterday, 3:43 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 21, 2010

387 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 6:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.