Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 21, 2010 11:09 PM

Jan 2008
Kantarou said:
Dandere-chan said:

Hey, it was fun when she failed to get down at the end XD.
Not as fun as it would have been to see her stabbed in Hinata's place =D.

So true!
May 21, 2010 11:11 PM

Feb 2010
Everyone hates Yui huh? XD

But meh, I like her. Made me lol hard when she interrupted Hinata during his dramatic speech.
May 21, 2010 11:13 PM

Apr 2010
AS always another cliffhanger -_-
Sig deleted for idiocy.
May 21, 2010 11:21 PM

Sep 2008
4 of five rate for me... oh wait

the suicide humor
Seriously its not funny and ruin my moods for today, thinking of death or in the brink of death is fucking horrible.
and some dude make it as joke.

But other than that point I'm like the action and pace on this eps, but seriously my moods is ruined by that suicide and get stabbed jokes
May 21, 2010 11:22 PM
Jun 2009
There's a big plothole in this episode.

So supposedly Kanade's abilities are synced with her computer (God knows why since it's such a stupid idea) and Yuri can just easily modify her abilities just by hacking her computer.

That's already a plothole but the bigger one is this: If she can modify her abilities so easily and the SSS are all afraid of Kanade because she's so strong, then instead of fighting her, why didn't they just DELETE her abilities in episode 3?
May 21, 2010 11:32 PM

Feb 2009
"get chance and luck" -TK im so going to start saying that just cuz tk is awsome
and naoi hypnotistism on ooyama made me lmao
then his death right after lol
and i think that was a fitting death for yui =P
May 21, 2010 11:34 PM

Mar 2010
lol the last 4 death were funny as hell.
May 21, 2010 11:38 PM

Apr 2010
LMAO! Man, I couldn't stop laughing during the class scene when Noda was spinning his axe outside the window and TK with his arm waves :P LOL Epic!
May 21, 2010 11:44 PM

Apr 2010
Takeyama wouldn't be any help if he was in there he has like the same height with Tachibana he can't Judo pin those...
Sig deleted for idiocy.
May 22, 2010 12:08 AM

Jun 2008
Certainly not from the best episodes of the show. I was kind of disappointed because the last 2-3 episodes really raised the bar and this returned everything back.
The whole way of fighting with Angel clones became nothing but a joke instead of epic fighting. and unfortunately am from the people who enjoy the mystery and small intensity moments of this show than it's humor. The last scene managed to make a nice cliffhanger though.

I just hope that this whole harmonic dysfunction has a role to play in the scenario and it's not just something to show for an episode.
May 22, 2010 12:40 AM
Aug 2008
this episode followed the same formula as the previous ones, is just comedy + action packed scenes + TK!, not bad at all, at least Naoi explained very well the situation but now his jokes around otonashi are really bad, Yui is funny as always and maybe shinna is the less developed character (even christ have more lines than her) finally the cliffhanger was good but lately I've seen that don't matters because is quickly killed in the next episode, anyways is still a good anime, and personally I think is better than K-On!, the only anime above this is maybe Arakawa but that's another story
May 22, 2010 12:53 AM
Feb 2009
omg so hilarious how they all sacrificed their body like that l0L
May 22, 2010 1:08 AM

Oct 2009
Lol.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 22, 2010 1:09 AM

Sep 2008
Clover27 said:
Geez, AP Works/Key apparently can't plan animes very well.

PA Works

I'm going to be honest and say all of the characters have grown on me. <3
I wanted to ;~; because of their deaths but I was too busy LOLing instead. *shame*
Bah now just one more painful week until episode 9...

May 22, 2010 1:10 AM
Sep 2007
Otonashi...

What a garbage of character.
If it wasn't for him I'd liked this series much more.
May 22, 2010 1:15 AM

Apr 2010
Arrggghh screw this anime. Every single episode makes me want to see the next, even more than I wanted to see the last! A week is too long a wait for a show as enjoyable as this :(
Sig deleted for idiocy.
May 22, 2010 1:23 AM

Oct 2009
I want time travel 5 weeks so I can finish it :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 22, 2010 1:55 AM

Jan 2009
I lol'd at the classroom-stuffs~
"Hey, yo, check this out! It's a moonwalk, it's a moonwalk! Head spin!" : D
And now there're a bunch of Tenshi's~ : D <3

Also, lol at Naoi's "You're all stupid.. Except for Otonashi-san of course!" ^^;;

"Trap."
"It's my turn. Get chance and luck!"

So, seems like they get wiped out every time they go down to Guild, eh? ^^
And this time at least, there was some kind of reason behind Otonashi being left until last.
But only one Tenshi left now : <
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
May 22, 2010 1:56 AM

Jan 2010
It's my turn now!
Get chance and luck!
~sad music starts playing xD...too epic :D

overall,this was quite a bad episode O.o,well,the next episode looks very dramatic,i hope otonashi will not remember yet :(

4/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
May 22, 2010 2:00 AM

Jan 2010
seizonsha said:

The end was supposed to be dramatic, with our poor pudding-pie Kanade suffering from the 'Angel' returning into her body...but honestly, I can't seem to care for 'suffering' in this series anymore.
I can tell you exactly why is that. It's because there is no actual "death" in the series. It's all like a game, even if you get fataly injured you will get better eventually and that make the "suffering" kind of... unreal.

But I liked the episode, even the ending. The way Yui slammed into that piece of metal right after badass music started... XD
LightningRamiel said:
HawthorneKitty said:
You can tell Yuri knew this would happen; what a bitch.

The people that got killed by her clones are lucky though, they got to glomp her.

Not to mention, she seems to be jealous of Otonashi's growing relationship with Kanade.
Haha, true, the got to hug Kanade... never thought of that.
But I don't think she knew this would happen, she seemed more oblivous at the end than evily smirking...
Jealous? I wouldn't call it jealousy just yet...
May 22, 2010 2:03 AM

Jan 2009
they are not in a purgatory they are in a game somewhere in heaven lol and angel is bot an AI program XD
May 22, 2010 2:15 AM

Jun 2009

Despite this being cliche/lame at time, i like this show, it's got good moments too. But seriously, this ending... щ(゚Д゚щ)
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
May 22, 2010 2:18 AM

Jan 2010
Not sure whether there's actually any drama in this show anymore, because the comedy just ruins the impact of the serious parts...
Decent episode, but would rather this anime try to be either funny or sad and not both at once!
Nice to see Yuri vs Angel fight, but would have liked to see a longer Kaname vs Angel.
I like Angel Beats, but there are so many flaws (character development, plot holes, great at destroying whatever moods it sets, etc)...
May 22, 2010 2:38 AM

May 2010
I am not sure what to think about it anymore. I thought the action scenes were rather good, we seriously lacked those in the last episodes. The whole suicide thing was funny the first time, it wasn't that bad, but it's getting old. Kanade absorb all the evil ''angels''.. otonashi will probably hug her a few episodes later on, and all the 'evil' will disappear out of Kanade. I will no longer guess how this well end though, too many plotholes, and weird episodes.

From the lines in the end, we can safely assume that there's more to hear about Otonashi's past. I thought this episode was decent, though I don't feel excited for next week's episode.

lolwut@eawarrior posts above me, retard.
YzoriMay 22, 2010 2:43 AM
May 22, 2010 2:59 AM

Apr 2010
KANADE! I feel so sorry for you, just want to go inside the anime and hug you!

And the suicides weren't funny! (though the hypnotic-guy's got a little bit funny, but it was more sad cuz they didn't care.)

Still think it's amazing how they mix comic and seriousness into souch a great anime, can't wait for next one! :D
May 22, 2010 3:05 AM

Mar 2008
OrochiPL said:

Despite this being cliche/lame at time, i like this show, it's got good moments too. But seriously, this ending... щ(゚Д゚щ)

Yui does not deserve the cool deaths everybody had to endure, so a metal plank is good enough for her. Yuri became a novice programmer? Nice, but learn more English plox (for crying out loud what is TK for?)

Also Noda dropping his spear outside classroom XD

But seriously, this ending...щ(゚Д゚щ)

"When you die and get into purgatory, what do you do? Play Counter-Strike The Matrix Online."

THE MATRIX, IN MY ANGEL BEATS!?

also someone remove that spammer's posts?
May 22, 2010 3:11 AM
Jun 2008
@Foton
Tk is the background Mascot of this Anime,
instead of carrying pom pon,he carry Cool words LOL....
May 22, 2010 3:18 AM

Mar 2008
MorningGlory said:
@Foton

IT'S MY TURN! GET CHANCE AND LUCK!
May 22, 2010 3:41 AM
Sep 2009
"Get chance and luck" lol

I'm curious to see what will happen to Kanade. Pretty good action in this ep...
May 22, 2010 3:42 AM

Jan 2009
I love episodes when Yuri gets to really shine <3 But poor Kanade! I hope all of the SSS will try to help her!

...I'm starting to like the HinaxYui ship XD

HawthorneKitty said:

What a bunch of BS.

Yuri had no clue what was going to happen. Kanade's "Angel Player" manual was in ENGLISH, and since "no one can understand what TK says", she obviously can't understand what an English manual says.

LightningRamiel said:

Not to mention, she seems to be jealous of Otonashi's growing relationship with Kanade.

I doubt that. Honestly, I don't think Yuri is interested in romance right now. She's got more important things to worry about.

DoubleDango said:
<3<3<3<3 This was like best TK-service episode as well.

This was so good omg. <3<3<3

Last Yui part made me lol so bad :D
Well; the whole thing made me lol with serious face.

True dat! I about died laughing when he was "acting normal" in the classroom. Seriously, that made my day a whole lot better! XD

And of course, his fucking epic battle cry as he leaped into the air ROTFLMAO!
May 22, 2010 3:44 AM

Jun 2008
I didn't read all the comments, but the ones I've read haven't mentioned it... the Zaelot has appeared... With full force, and her double wielding...
May 22, 2010 3:46 AM

Apr 2010
I liked it...I'm not sure where key is taking us...with only 13 episodes...err...
May 22, 2010 3:50 AM

May 2010
I wish things are going to be interesting now :D lol TK's moonwalk xD and pretending to take lesson serious was hilarious

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku
May 22, 2010 3:56 AM

Oct 2008
Foton said:
MorningGlory said:
@Foton

IT'S MY TURN! GET CHANCE AND LUCK!

IT'S A MOONWALK!
May 22, 2010 4:36 AM
Nov 2009
Awesome episode, I don't get why many think that this was a boring one. It's gonna be intressting to know what's gonna happen with Tenshil @the next episode :p
May 22, 2010 4:37 AM

Aug 2009
The comedy felt really misplaced. Again. What's even worse is, it wasn't even that funny.

Seriously, when is Key gonna make a 100% serious episode.

Did enjoy the action scenes though. And Tenshi is still <3
May 22, 2010 4:41 AM

Sep 2009
SamTheNayru said:

Seriously, when is Key gonna make a 100% serious episode.

LOL dang I keep forgetting this is the same people who did Clannad, Air, & Kanon. I think a 100% serious episode would be too melodramatic for this series though. Also since there's no real penalty for death that gives them a lot of room for brutally hilarious kills.
May 22, 2010 4:51 AM
Jun 2008
The previous episode "everyone die" is a bit better than this.....To be honest,doing the same thing would be boring,but this is comedy ^^
May 22, 2010 5:14 AM

Nov 2008
LadyOrihime said:
HawthorneKitty said:
What a bunch of BS.

Yuri had no clue what was going to happen. Kanade's "Angel Player" manual was in ENGLISH, and since "no one can understand what TK says", she obviously can't understand what an English manual says.
>English Manual
>TK
>No connection whatsoever.

No, I'm not serious. It's just a coincidence.
May 22, 2010 6:02 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
That was great. Hilarious and very exciting. Can't wait for more!

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
May 22, 2010 6:07 AM

Feb 2008
Aaaah, goddamn cliffhanger! >.<
May 22, 2010 6:20 AM

Jun 2009
Yuri is starting to grow on me. It was so awesome when she beat Tenshi:) I guess this episode is okay and the funny parts is actually funny:D

Love the class part, it was so funny. And also, theres a lot of TK^^

May 22, 2010 6:38 AM
May 2010
Great episode !! loved it action and comedy my two favorite things
When it ended I was like NOOO dont end yett ARGHGHG XD
May 22, 2010 6:40 AM

May 2010
Nice ep. as always ! Angel Beats doesnt dissappoint me !

Well i'm quite worried about Tachibana ! I mean all thos copies will return back to her ...and because all of them have their own personality ...she might also change ! So i'm looking forward to the next ep ...it'll surely be as awesome as the previous one's
May 22, 2010 6:44 AM

Sep 2009
Best episode yet, but turning the Guild fight into comedic relief was really unnecessary. When T.K. went up to make his sacrifice, I was expecting full GAR moment, but...
At least the Yuri vs. Angel fight scene was very slick and well done.

"Wait for me...sempai..."
May 22, 2010 6:52 AM

Apr 2009
ANOTHER CLIFFHANGER RARGHHRAHHA

DX I don't wanna wait another week~ >_<
May 22, 2010 6:56 AM

Jan 2010
i laughed a lot when naoi died and yui said ''i don't know his name'' rofl ç_ç
TK, YOUR SACRIFACE WON'T BE IN VAIN! <33
May 22, 2010 6:58 AM

Nov 2008
Cliffhangerrrr. Damn. This ep was another really good one. The sacrifices were hilarious.
May 22, 2010 7:41 AM

Oct 2009
I like the part where they start sacrificing themselves one by one. It's emotional at first and then gets funny xD
KaiPercivalMay 22, 2010 7:56 AM

May 22, 2010 7:57 AM
Dec 2009
The 1st part was super hilarious! I'm on crack after watching them die hahaha
TK is random as always <<Look this is moonwalk! Headspin!>>
<<Let me make you laugh *dies*>>
The end was sad though, the clone said that Kanade will pay for it :(
I laugh a bit in the end when they're introducing ep 9. Somebody said "Are you trying to undress me?" ^__^

Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 4, 2010

661 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Yesterday, 10:28 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 18, 2010

462 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 9:28 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 11, 2010

377 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 28, 2010

564 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Yesterday, 7:41 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 25, 2010

1749 by Vapor_AU »»
Yesterday, 6:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.