Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 21, 2010 7:45 PM

Jul 2009
Yui is fucking hilarious. :))

4/5
May 21, 2010 7:45 PM

Mar 2008
Day2Dream said:
Lol suicide deaths were funny.

Yeah I laughed so hard at TK's death :)

The ending was sad though ... the original Angel is suffering so much :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2010 7:57 PM

Apr 2008
Eh... can't say I enjoyed this one. The guard skill mechanics were way too weird and contrived. Got a bit of amusement out of the lighthearted ultimate sacrifices even if they left me wondering why *name forgotten* didn't try hypnotizing any of the angels, but the episode was overall lacking. The serious/heartwarming drama and mysterious world mechanics both fell flat this time around. Also, all the running gags aside from TK's existence are starting to wear.
May 21, 2010 8:14 PM
Oct 2007
The one thing I've learned from Angel Beats!: Ignorance is evil. In the beginning, Yuri succeeded in stripping Kanade of her student president position only to find out their theory was wrong. Now, she modifies this program and hurts Kanade even more. Like the saying goes, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions." (I've always wanted to say that and this fits so perfectly, lol.)

As for the episode, can't say I like or dislike it. It was just is. I'm not too crazy over TK so he didn't help and Naoi's continuous "Everyone's an idiot except Otonashi" was stupid. At this point, I don't really care where Angel Beats! go anymore as long as they give me a proper ending for Otonashi and Kanade.

Oh, someone mentioned .hack earlier. I've not watched .hack but when Angel Player was introduced, I started thinking Angel Beats! might all be a RPG game. They're not dead, just not "alive". ;)
May 21, 2010 8:18 PM

Nov 2008
this was a great action ep.. with a few epic lines (2 at least going to TK) I was hoping for more development - I suppose that comes next episode though, especialy with what actually happens to Kanade IE How she will "Pay for it" as they say.

And Yuri kicked some ass - Gar style. Though I dont think she intended for all this as some do.

Ah well hoping for a better overall next episode*

Annisa said:

Oh, someone mentioned .hack earlier. I've not watched .hack but when Angel Player was introduced, I started thinking Angel Beats! might all be a RPG game. They're not dead, just not "alive". ;)

Ive actually been pondering theories like that with a few people since the start myself.. Though in a way I find them to be shots in the dark its hard to say. I mean if you REALLY think about how many people have we seen RL life from our main cast? - - honestly ?? In my opinion none - they havent shown the deaths. So who knows where it will go. Also I agree with others this was more suited for a 18+ episode anime for better development.
May 21, 2010 8:22 PM

Apr 2008
Thats insane x_x Hope Kanade is all right ..

May 21, 2010 8:22 PM
Apr 2010
That was a really good episode

- Finally some awesome action
- Sacrificial lambs go! lol
-Yuri got + rep from me
-TK, more exposure = epic random english
-Angel, NOOOO!!!! D:

Next episode, NOW!! :D
May 21, 2010 8:26 PM

Jul 2008
One of the best episodes yet!
The action made my day. Did y'all see Yuri? She was doing all these moves I was all "Daaang gurl!" She was so badass!
T.K.'s randomness at the classroom all swinging his arms=pure hilariousness!
But this anime is still rushed and confusing it's frustrating!!
Yet I still love to watch it XD
May 21, 2010 8:37 PM

Aug 2009
You know, I just can't help but feel that an S2 is being set up here.

I'm probably wrong but you never know....
May 21, 2010 8:40 PM

Feb 2009
ah TK never ceases to amaze me
May 21, 2010 8:46 PM

Oct 2009
garfield15 said:
You know, I just can't help but feel that an S2 is being set up here.

I'm probably wrong but you never know....

Don't think so, I believe the script of Angel Beats is already finalised and there wouldn't be room for a S2 when this ends.

Unless Maeda decides to come back and write some random thing to milk to cow off all it's money.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2010 8:47 PM

Jul 2009
Yuri grinning with a knife gives me the chills.
But nooo... Kanade. Sad face.
May 21, 2010 8:51 PM

Jul 2008
That's what happen when you don't read the manual, but hey it was in english -.-

TK was pure awesomness in this episode.
May 21, 2010 8:59 PM

Jan 2010
-Great episode.
-Yuri was a badass
-LMAO.Everybody was dying so easily
-Poor Kanade :'(
She don't deserve to suffer like this >.<
-But i love the hug Yuzuru gave her :D
-Hopes Kanade is safe and i have to wait for next week >.<
May 21, 2010 9:12 PM

Jul 2009
1. TK got alot of great moments in this one
2. Coincidence that judo hold was used both in Angel Beats! and Kaichou wa Maid-Sama today
3. LOL Naoi being next
4. TACHIBANA T-T
If your going to complain that Yu-Gi-Oh! Mangas are on the top NY times manga best sellers, you must not realize how popular Card games are(as well as the fact that you get a free card).
May 21, 2010 9:20 PM

Apr 2010
Great episode!!

I was amazed that all the speculations from last episode about the clone being from harmonics was really right, I was expecting something like "Oh, so that's how it is, I never thought about that"..

TK just OWNS!! Lots of EPIC TK scenes and lines in this episode..

At the point where their situation was explained in the guild, I had a fairly strange feeling of deja vu.. and there it goes, another epic scenes of noble sacrifices from each member, only leaving Otonashi and Yuri again as the survivors.. Still I LOL'd a lot from those scenes.. ahahaha..

Argg!! My life is getting shorter with every cliffhanger I get from the episodes.. another full 7 days of waiting in hell again.. XD

Hope everything turns out fine for sweet Kanade.. <3
May 21, 2010 9:20 PM

Jul 2009
Uh. Yeah. Considering dropping this now...That was terrible...

It's a shame because it (the series) had potential.
May 21, 2010 9:21 PM

Nov 2007
Nice to see Yuri doing something to remind use she's in fact a main character (completely forgot about that till now =P), she was pretty cool this ep. More Kanade suffering brought to you by evil clone assimilation. This won't bode well for her.

windy said:
Fuck Yui cockblocking the homo again.
Agreed. I'm disappointed they never had that fucking cockroach getting impaled. I was waiting for it =(. The writers seem to have an aversion towards GirlsDeMo. The other members keep getting left out of briefings and Cockroach probably tagged along the mission despite not having to. Big load of use she was.
May 21, 2010 9:23 PM

Jul 2008
I don't know why I get major lol when people that watch K-on drop or consider to drop Angel beats.
May 21, 2010 9:31 PM

Jan 2008
"it's a moonwalk it's a moonwalk. Head spin" This show would be nothing without TK XD
Can't Yui just vanish already -_-
May 21, 2010 9:33 PM

Jul 2008
Yoshiki said:
"it's a moonwalk it's a moonwalk. Head spin" This show would be nothing without TK XD

Hey, it was fun when she failed to get down at the end XD.
May 21, 2010 9:52 PM

Nov 2007
Dandere-chan said:
Yoshiki said:

Not as fun as it would have been to see her stabbed in Hinata's place =D.
May 21, 2010 9:58 PM

Jul 2009
T.K. with his break-dance at the corridor is pure win :)
Everybody sacrifice themselves but T.K. part is the best.Good thing no one say anything to Naoi because what he did to Oyama...that fucker >_>

This episode is better than last one.Although there are some part that bugging me but I can't exactly point what is it...
I hope Kanade will be fine...her scream indicates how much pain she receives.Hang in there girl!!!

By the way,where the fuck is Takeyama(Christ) when they need him???
May 21, 2010 10:03 PM

Aug 2009
I really liked this episode. The first half of it was incredibly funny. xD TK, man. TK. It's sad that the show's already ending so I don't think we'll find out how he died/his past. It's a shame, really.

... I see everyone loves Yuri and thinks she's badass, so am I the only one who doesn't like her and think she's a poor character? ;-; Really, appearance aside, everything about her personality is copied from Haruhi. It gets boring really fast. Mostly I just ignore her the whole time.

The hypnotism part was effin' hilarious. xD Then again the whole guild part was. Sadly, that's just all it was. You can tell the animators needed to get rid of the ridiculously huge number of characters so that they could leave Yuri and Otonashi alone to fight Tenshi... like they've been doing for the past 8 episodes. As much as I LOL'd at it, yeah, it was pretty cheap. Besides, why make so many characters in the first place when you're just going to cut them out every time? Isn't it weird that this is Key's work with the most number of characters and the least number of episodes? You'd expect them to make at least 24 episodes to give each character at least a little bit more of spotlight. Geez, AP Works/Key apparently can't plan animes very well.

I mean, don't get me wrong. I'm really enjoying this anime, it's fun, it has blood, boobs and some BL fanservice, but it also has a lot of flaws. It's not something you'd expect from Key.

Here's hoping they'll announce an anime adaptation for Little Busters! when AB finishes airing.

PS: Yes, someone please make Yui disappear already. She's useless! ;_;

PPS: Naoi = <3
May 21, 2010 10:06 PM

Mar 2010
Haha, this episode was amazing. Loved the sacrificing part. TK's and Naoi's were gold.

It also had some sweet action scenes. cant wait for ep 9. :D
May 21, 2010 10:13 PM

Nov 2008
Dat glasses. Oh yes.

Good episode but they just can't let us see Kanade at the end.
May 21, 2010 10:16 PM

Nov 2009
Kagura89 said:
T.K. with his break-dance at the corridor is pure win :)
Everybody sacrifice themselves but T.K. part is the best.Good thing no one say anything to Naoi because what he did to Oyama...that fucker >_>

This episode is better than last one.Although there are some part that bugging me but I can't exactly point what is it...
I hope Kanade will be fine...her scream indicates how much pain she receives.Hang in there girl!!!

By the way,where the fuck is Takeyama(Christ) when they need him???

I think Christ is somewhere far away, still trying to make his way back.
May 21, 2010 10:31 PM

Oct 2009
Well, Yui has grown on me a lot and I actually like Naoi because there's just something creepy about him and that's great to me, so no complaints there. Even Yuri is starting to bug me a little less but she is definitely still my least favorite character.

I was also wondering where Christ was the whole time.

I'm enjoying this show, despite it's flaws. I don't know what it is about it, it's just cool to have something that I'm actually excited to watch every week.

Oh and TK is just a hero to me. What a sweet prince. I love him.
May 21, 2010 10:35 PM

Sep 2009
Otonashi should get the manual for see if theres a way for save Kanade of getting any change, but I should predict that the next thing that would happen is the "bad-then-good-ending". And I also think that there may be a S2 or at least an OVA/special xD...

Made by me xD

May 21, 2010 10:44 PM

Aug 2008
Good episode. I liked all the self-sacrifices, and Naoi is actually growing on me a bit. Definitely like the gay moments he has with Otonashi. But as for the drama... well, it's a little intense, I guess (this anime is good on comedy, but only so-so for the drama for me). I just want Kanade to be normal ;_;

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
May 21, 2010 11:09 PM

Jan 2008
Kantarou said:
Dandere-chan said:

Not as fun as it would have been to see her stabbed in Hinata's place =D.

So true!
May 21, 2010 11:11 PM

Feb 2010
Everyone hates Yui huh? XD

But meh, I like her. Made me lol hard when she interrupted Hinata during his dramatic speech.
May 21, 2010 11:13 PM

Apr 2010
AS always another cliffhanger -_-
Sig deleted for idiocy.
May 21, 2010 11:21 PM

Sep 2008
4 of five rate for me... oh wait

the suicide humor
Seriously its not funny and ruin my moods for today, thinking of death or in the brink of death is fucking horrible.
and some dude make it as joke.

But other than that point I'm like the action and pace on this eps, but seriously my moods is ruined by that suicide and get stabbed jokes
May 21, 2010 11:22 PM
Jun 2009
There's a big plothole in this episode.

So supposedly Kanade's abilities are synced with her computer (God knows why since it's such a stupid idea) and Yuri can just easily modify her abilities just by hacking her computer.

That's already a plothole but the bigger one is this: If she can modify her abilities so easily and the SSS are all afraid of Kanade because she's so strong, then instead of fighting her, why didn't they just DELETE her abilities in episode 3?
May 21, 2010 11:32 PM

Feb 2009
"get chance and luck" -TK im so going to start saying that just cuz tk is awsome
and naoi hypnotistism on ooyama made me lmao
then his death right after lol
and i think that was a fitting death for yui =P
May 21, 2010 11:34 PM

Mar 2010
lol the last 4 death were funny as hell.
May 21, 2010 11:38 PM

Apr 2010
LMAO! Man, I couldn't stop laughing during the class scene when Noda was spinning his axe outside the window and TK with his arm waves :P LOL Epic!
May 21, 2010 11:44 PM

Apr 2010
Takeyama wouldn't be any help if he was in there he has like the same height with Tachibana he can't Judo pin those...
Sig deleted for idiocy.
May 22, 2010 12:08 AM

Jun 2008
Certainly not from the best episodes of the show. I was kind of disappointed because the last 2-3 episodes really raised the bar and this returned everything back.
The whole way of fighting with Angel clones became nothing but a joke instead of epic fighting. and unfortunately am from the people who enjoy the mystery and small intensity moments of this show than it's humor. The last scene managed to make a nice cliffhanger though.

I just hope that this whole harmonic dysfunction has a role to play in the scenario and it's not just something to show for an episode.
May 22, 2010 12:40 AM
Aug 2008
this episode followed the same formula as the previous ones, is just comedy + action packed scenes + TK!, not bad at all, at least Naoi explained very well the situation but now his jokes around otonashi are really bad, Yui is funny as always and maybe shinna is the less developed character (even christ have more lines than her) finally the cliffhanger was good but lately I've seen that don't matters because is quickly killed in the next episode, anyways is still a good anime, and personally I think is better than K-On!, the only anime above this is maybe Arakawa but that's another story
May 22, 2010 12:53 AM
Feb 2009
omg so hilarious how they all sacrificed their body like that l0L
May 22, 2010 1:08 AM

Oct 2009
Lol.
May 22, 2010 1:09 AM

Sep 2008
Clover27 said:
Geez, AP Works/Key apparently can't plan animes very well.

PA Works

I'm going to be honest and say all of the characters have grown on me. <3
I wanted to ;~; because of their deaths but I was too busy LOLing instead. *shame*
Bah now just one more painful week until episode 9...

May 22, 2010 1:10 AM
Sep 2007
Otonashi...

What a garbage of character.
If it wasn't for him I'd liked this series much more.
May 22, 2010 1:15 AM

Apr 2010
Arrggghh screw this anime. Every single episode makes me want to see the next, even more than I wanted to see the last! A week is too long a wait for a show as enjoyable as this :(
Sig deleted for idiocy.
May 22, 2010 1:23 AM

Oct 2009
I want time travel 5 weeks so I can finish it :D
May 22, 2010 1:55 AM

Jan 2009
I lol'd at the classroom-stuffs~
"Hey, yo, check this out! It's a moonwalk, it's a moonwalk! Head spin!" : D
And now there're a bunch of Tenshi's~ : D <3

Also, lol at Naoi's "You're all stupid.. Except for Otonashi-san of course!" ^^;;

"Trap."
"It's my turn. Get chance and luck!"

So, seems like they get wiped out every time they go down to Guild, eh? ^^
And this time at least, there was some kind of reason behind Otonashi being left until last.
But only one Tenshi left now : <
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
May 22, 2010 1:56 AM

Jan 2010
It's my turn now!
Get chance and luck!
~sad music starts playing xD...too epic :D

overall,this was quite a bad episode O.o,well,the next episode looks very dramatic,i hope otonashi will not remember yet :(

4/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
May 22, 2010 2:00 AM

Jan 2010
seizonsha said:

The end was supposed to be dramatic, with our poor pudding-pie Kanade suffering from the 'Angel' returning into her body...but honestly, I can't seem to care for 'suffering' in this series anymore.
I can tell you exactly why is that. It's because there is no actual "death" in the series. It's all like a game, even if you get fataly injured you will get better eventually and that make the "suffering" kind of... unreal.

But I liked the episode, even the ending. The way Yui slammed into that piece of metal right after badass music started... XD
LightningRamiel said:
HawthorneKitty said:
You can tell Yuri knew this would happen; what a bitch.

The people that got killed by her clones are lucky though, they got to glomp her.

Not to mention, she seems to be jealous of Otonashi's growing relationship with Kanade.
Haha, true, the got to hug Kanade... never thought of that.
But I don't think she knew this would happen, she seemed more oblivous at the end than evily smirking...
Jealous? I wouldn't call it jealousy just yet...
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 25, 2010

1752 by jilebi_james23 »»
Yesterday, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 4, 2010

662 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 28, 2010

565 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - May 14, 2010

538 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 9:16 AM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Apr 30, 2010

609 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 20, 6:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.