MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei Episode 5 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei »» Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei Episode 5 Discussion

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
View Poll Results: Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei Episode 5 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

35 47.30%
4 out of 5: Liked it

21 28.38%
3 out of 5: It was OK

14 18.92%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

3 4.05%
1 out of 5: Hated it

1 1.35%
Voters: 74

01-11-12, 1:25 PM

What was that at the end? A bearded version of him?

06-28-12, 9:03 PM

teanut said:
This ep was hilarious. I think I'm starting to adapt to the dry witty humor of this show, which it pulls off incredibly well.

That scene where they were handing out those candies and it panned around to what they were all telling the customers pretty much had me in stitches. The best jokes are the ones that don't beat you over the head IMO
“I can't stand pretty opinions!”

08-06-12, 8:22 PM

Interesting to hear Watashi take responsibility for the fact that his college years have been wasted rather than ask who was to blame or try to pin it all on Ozu.

Also, that ending - I wonder what a bearded version of him showing up there means. I guess we will get to see that having time rewind all these different times has had some unforeseen consequences.

09-20-12, 11:28 AM

This episode was actually much funnier than the previous one, almost as funny as the first three.

I liked the caption: 'You would think that I lived healthy while eating healthy food, but in reality I was living more and more unhealthy' xD

Also, the scene with the old fortune-teller was different this time. Loved the bee suit LOL

The brain-washing scenes were really well thought-up. Laughed at the 2012 accent.
Modified by tmasterson, 09-20-12, 11:38 AM

10-23-12, 7:50 PM

This episode was a bit boring, but I am not dropping the series yet, mainly because I am love with the art style.

01-10-13, 5:07 PM

What a completely fantastic,clever, funny, interesting and uniquely brilliant episode. One of the best so far.
Also, who was that bearded man at the end...? I wonder if they'll explain him a bit later one...

07-06-13, 2:35 PM

Was that an older him in the end? Well pretty fucked up episode... lets see what's next!

07-08-13, 10:27 PM

Cults are popular in anime, aren't they?

07-19-13, 11:26 AM

the episode is really well done :)

i kinda got confused in some parts, like why the hell does he keep wasting his time on this club if he already knows it's not the impression he had the first time he saw it?

though it would be cool to have those girls play ball with you :)

and why buy those pills? seriously are you THAT desperate to meet that woman?

i'm glad they showed that taking these so called "healthy" supplements can lead you to harmful effects.

i'm taking dietician as a major and you only take supplements for those people who can't produce in their system(old people, sick people)

you can use this daily, but only if you eat it with the proper meal.

if you rely solely on this, your pretty much putting yourself at risk for various health problems.

enough of that lecturing back on the show.

i laugh when they showed her only 2 seconds after the speech XD

shame we didn't get to see Akashi other than last minute appearance :(

and i was surprised it was actually him at the end? O__O

i thought it was the honey bee workers searching for him

after seeing some of these theories, i guess i really need to pay more attention in the series.

never knew the series had some extensive symbolism figures ^^

and this is why i love the show :)

01-29-14, 3:07 PM

This was easily my favourite episode so far. Felt like a parody of Scientology to me, really well done, but tied together a load of plot threads.
It's exciting to see different bits from different episodes linking together, like the crowd chasing Ozu on the bridge being referred to here ( I'm assuming that's the event that breaks his leg?). There's some kind of mad twisting plotline being pieced together between all the timelines and this episode really hammered that home for me.

Really love the cat ramen guy, as soon as I recognised him from Episode 4 I paused and yelled at the screen. I hope we see more of him, it seems he's more involved with the plot (and in cahoots with the Master?) than I guessed.

03-07-14, 4:26 PM

On rewatch, I shat my pants when the bearded watashi walked into his room because *spoilers*. I forgot that even happened.

05-09-14, 6:02 PM

not enough Akashi
i love it when Ozu dresses up as a woman
developmennnt

07-30-14, 10:34 PM

Knew there were multiple Watashi all from different universes,seems there's only one Ozu though.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices