Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 20, 2010 1:27 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Now talk about getting the wrong idea.

Celty comes out to save Anri from the Golden Bandannas (Yellow scarves) and Anri manged to pull the slasher act, instinctively.

Kida is now sure that the Slasher is a part of the Dollars. Now thats a good development. Also, Mikado is taking the same steps that pulled Kida into a life long incident to regret. Mikado is too dense to actually get moved around by Izaya.

Also, next episode marks awesome Kadota without his cap. Things will be interesting from here onwards. Great episode.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 20, 2010 4:25 PM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 20, 2010 8:22 PM
Nov 2009
Kida was so damn cool in this episode. Things are starting to boil, it's gonna be hot.
May 21, 2010 1:08 AM

Jun 2008
I Can't wait ><"
Hontoni Why will it end soon * sob*

May 21, 2010 3:44 AM

Oct 2009
Who's subs you guys watching with?

Only seen the live stream so far.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2010 5:19 AM
Jun 2008
When Anri suddenly say"Arigatou gozaimasu"
Mikado seem to be confuse (nothing much can expect from him right now)
but Izaya seems to realize she is talking to someone else...I wonder what he gonna to next ^^
( Anri is not very used to the chat because she been using Hiragana all the time >.< )
Izaya help Yellow scraf before and nothing good comes into it,and now Izaya help Mikado!!!!!I think i can't wait to see what happen to Dollar next ^^
May 21, 2010 11:49 AM

Jun 2008
MorningGlory said:

That's because she didn't know how to use the private chat, and accidentally said that in the main chat (it was intended for Celty). This (and the fact that both Anri and Celty left the chat immediately after this) became a flag for Mikado and Izaya that She was talking with Celty, which Izaya knew it was about the Slasher incident because he's Izaya.

I have a question: who was doing the narration for this episode? I couldn't place the character's voice.
May 21, 2010 11:56 AM

Jun 2008
conankudo4 said:

I have a question: who was doing the narration for this episode? I couldn't place the character's voice.

I was sure it was Simon somehow, need to re-listening again. Next week seems to be Erika and Walker from the preview.
May 21, 2010 12:01 PM

Jul 2009
Mimiko said:
conankudo4 said:

I was sure it was Simon somehow, need to re-listening again. Next week seems to be Erika and Walker from the preview.

Nope,it was Kinnosuke Kuzuhara (Keiji Fujiwara^^) that narrates this episode.
May 21, 2010 12:18 PM

Mar 2008
Good episode, though this show had both ups and downs with me. -hoping for the best out of these final episodes-
May 21, 2010 12:22 PM

Jun 2008
Kagura89 said:
Mimiko said:
conankudo4 said:

Nope,it was Kinnosuke Kuzuhara (Keiji Fujiwara^^) that narrates this episode.

Ah, I just re-watch it and was about to edit what I said, but yeah. It was him xD
May 21, 2010 12:33 PM

Nov 2009
This ep was a bit boring. No Shizuo and only a little Celty (but when she was, she was awesome as always, I hope she will continue influencing Anri to be more badass). Never understood the appeal of Kida and this arc seems to be all about him :/ Meh...
May 21, 2010 12:34 PM

Nov 2008
In my opinion these past two episodes have been the best so far. I like how Izaya is pulling the stings behind the scenes. And we are almost near the end. I wonder if there is going to be a sequel or something.

Also I would like to see Shinra and his father sometime soon. They have not appeared in a long time.
May 21, 2010 1:22 PM

Jul 2008
Really good episode. I noticed last episode that the 3 adults in the Yellow Scarves looked like 3 of the Blue Square members in the van but didn't say anything >_>
May 21, 2010 2:01 PM

Apr 2009
nice episode

tho the ending wasnt as excited as the other episodes xDD

anyway niiice ^_^
May 21, 2010 2:11 PM

Oct 2008
Good direction . . Really good . . And the episode was good enough too . . 4/5 :)
May 21, 2010 2:36 PM

Dec 2008
Things are gonna get into a mess soon it seems. I thought it was cool for Anri to use to her powers to get information like that. Good job there.
How long would it take to earn 50 million yen, Karasawa? - Katsuya
No longer than it would take to get to the bank, provided I have a gun. -Karasawa
I'm through talking with you. -Katsuya
May 21, 2010 3:18 PM

Jan 2010
More plot movement, yes! Things are getting even more intense now that Kida has a theory of the Slasher being a Dollars member.

What's up with the lack of Shizuo in the past couple of episodes though? He's not in the preview either, urg. D:
May 21, 2010 3:21 PM

Aug 2009
WHERE'S MY SHIZUO DOSE!? I DON'T EVEN SEE HIM IN THE PREVIEW!THERE'S NO DURARARA WITHOUT SHIZUO! (@&*^%$*&%@*

That said, it was an OK episode. I felt more plot movement could've been made.
Hurry up and figure out who the sneaky devil is already.
May 21, 2010 3:41 PM

Aug 2008
Huh, really nice narrative ep. And they're not feeding us with shit either, moving plot constantly forward, which I really do appreciate, seeing how rare it is in most new series
May 21, 2010 3:47 PM

Sep 2009
I really wanted the episode to keep going....they spent a little while with a slight flashback. It's ok though, since I've liked everything about this show so far.

Celty knows quite a bit, but she's not sharing it a all with Mikado and Anri...
May 21, 2010 3:54 PM

Feb 2010
I love all the twists in this anime. Its like hmm... then it becomes WHEN IS THE NEXT EPISODE COMING OUT ZOMG?! to "That was epic." It keeps me excited every episode. Can't wait to see how this ends: Leader of the Dollars, the Yellow Scarves, and the Slasher are friends that hang out daily without even knowing. Will it all end in tears? Or a happy ending. Or of course A TWIST?!
May 21, 2010 4:26 PM

Aug 2009
Dark_Requiem said:
Really good episode. I noticed last episode that the 3 adults in the Yellow Scarves looked like 3 of the Blue Square members in the van but didn't say anything >_>

OH SNAP! So that's why they're in the ED song.

-Oh Kida. "MATA ASHITA DAAAAAAAAA!"

-Aizen, Light, Lelouch. PUSSiES! There is only Izaya. Izaya is probably the most cold-hearted magnificent bastards in animation. The way he's manipulating the main three into this is just incredible.
May 21, 2010 4:36 PM

Feb 2010
It was an explanation chapter. But the Horse-Saika scene near the end versus the Yellow Scarves was awesome. You Celty rules..
It was really well developed...but I missed Shizuo. He is pure win when he is with Celty...but,it's okay,the episode was awesome
May 21, 2010 4:55 PM

May 2007
Izaya, stop messing with everyone's mind! Arrgghh!@#$%.

May 21, 2010 4:59 PM

Apr 2010
Yes more Dotachin! :D

first signature c:
May 21, 2010 5:26 PM

Aug 2007
Great episode, but it's almost painful to watch Izaya play these kids so skillfully. He's annoyed me the entire series, but now I think I might actually hate him a little. I wonder how this could end happily.

Also, obligatory needs more Shizuo comment.
May 21, 2010 6:10 PM

Jul 2009
Brilliant.

This is one of the few serieses that contains great, well rounded girls.
This ep' featured a lot of girl power too (sad phrase, I know).

Great to see the motorbike regress back into a horse; imagine being able to switch transport so easily.
I wonder if Celty knows that Anri's sword is the one that severed her head?

May 21, 2010 6:56 PM

Sep 2007
I'm starting to dislike Anri more and more. She's now one of those people who just baaawwws about not wanting to hurt people. With her hax abilities, she can actually do something in the world but no, she just wants to "love" people and run away from all these problems. She's the cause of this gang war and she knows it but she just runs away from it, especially now that she knows Kida is the YS leader.

And did I see Erika without her hat on in the preview!?
May 21, 2010 7:08 PM

Jul 2009
Wasabi said:
I'm starting to dislike Anri more and more. She's now one of those people who just baaawwws about not wanting to hurt people. With her hax abilities, she can actually do something in the world but no, she just wants to "love" people and run away from all these problems. She's the cause of this gang war and she knows it but she just runs away from it, especially now that she knows Kida is the YS leader.

And did I see Erika without her hat on in the preview!?

You know, I like Anri, yet I do see your point.;)

I felt the same way about Itachi and Nagato in Naruto; they were all powerful, decent people, yet lingered on the negitive, felt sorry for themselves, sulked, then joined an evil organisation in favour of doing good things, all because they wanted someone else to defeat them.

Get over yourself!!!
Either do great things in the world or become a brilliant villian.;)

I better hide from their many fans, I'm neautral towards these characters, therefore, I'm in the minority.

May 21, 2010 7:08 PM

Dec 2009
Queen_Stars said:
This is one of the few serieses that contains great, well rounded girls.
This ep' featured a lot of girl power too (sad phrase, I know).
True, and it's interesting to watch Anri evolve into a leader because she didn't exactly plan it. When the situation called for it, she stepped up. I'm curious how she will handle it.

garfield15 said:
Dark_Requiem said:

This is interesting too. It's not just the leaders of the 3 groups that have an overlapping relationship. If the members do too, I wonder where their loyalties will lie when shit hits the fan....
May 21, 2010 7:39 PM

Mar 2009
Amazing episode... But the next episode... is there some betrayal? --- Randy
May 21, 2010 7:40 PM

Jan 2010
Good episode. I like how practically the whole series is set on such irony. Like, for example, about the Blue Squares who are enemies to Yellow Scarves, had become Yellow Scarves after Kida left.

Best part of this episode was seeing the faces of the Yellow Scarves when Celty's shadows form and she began to ride the horse :p Oh, and I liked Anri whipping out her sword to cut the pipe.

I just mostly want to see the reactions of the three friends when they find out all each others secrets (Anri figuring out Kida marked down one secret, but we still have Anri being the slasher and Mikado being the Dollars leader to be revealed).

ilikeyouevenmore said:

garfield15 said:
Dark_Requiem said:

This is interesting too. It's not just the leaders of the 3 groups that have an overlapping relationship. If the members do too, I wonder where their loyalties will lie when shit hits the fan....

Well said. I didn't notice that.

Sorry I had a lot to say about this episode. It's getting so close to the end. Don't want it to be over.
May 21, 2010 8:02 PM

Apr 2009
Mikado please realize that Izaya is controlling you. .__.
May 21, 2010 8:27 PM

Dec 2007
Izaya is like an oil to these three fire, Dollars + Slasher + Yellow Scarves..
May 21, 2010 8:43 PM

Jul 2009
By the way anyone notice that this episode title & next week episode title are relates to Chinese dynasties era:

19. The Blue Sky Perishes (蒼天已死 Sōten sudeni shisu)
20. The Yellow Sky Rises (黄天當立 Kōten masani tatsubeshi)

The full yojijukugo phrase: The Blue Sky (ie. the Han Dynasty) has perished, the Yellow Sky (ie. the rebellion) will soon rise; in this year of Jia Zi, let there be prosperity in the world!" (蒼天已死,黃天當立。歲在甲子,天下大吉。)
Yellow Turbans = Yellow Scarves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_Turban_Rebellion
May 21, 2010 9:06 PM

Apr 2009
I swear, all this intrigue feels like Shakespeare-light in anime form. Which is in NO WAY a slight against Durarara!!
May 21, 2010 9:11 PM

Oct 2009
Can't wait to see the end of this serie damn it.

The whole "best friends fighting eachother for the sake of eachother" is so amazingly good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2010 9:35 PM

Jan 2010
Izaya,just DIE!!
May 21, 2010 10:41 PM
Jul 2008
that sly izaya, you need to be hated -*-
May 21, 2010 10:44 PM

Oct 2009
I hate Izaya but I love him at the same time; he's too awesome to hate even though he's such an asshole.
May 21, 2010 11:30 PM
Dec 2008
did anyone see the baccano character in the background?
she was claire lafoet or something. shes in the background board when anri leaves mikado around 11:45
May 22, 2010 12:12 AM
May 2010
kaena said:
she was claire lafoet or something. shes in the background board when anri leaves mikado around 11:45

Oh cool, didn't see that one.

I love all the Baccano referances!
May 22, 2010 12:52 AM

Apr 2007
Celty is totally traumatized by the traffic police. Its so hilarious and cute at the same time. :D
Blergh.
May 22, 2010 1:09 AM
Jun 2008
conankudo4 said:
MorningGlory said:

That's because she didn't know how to use the private chat, and accidentally said that in the main chat (it was intended for Celty). This (and the fact that both Anri and Celty left the chat immediately after this) became a flag for Mikado and Izaya that She was talking with Celty, which Izaya knew it was about the Slasher incident because he's Izaya.
Hahah "because he is Izaya" ,after Izaya knowing the the relation between them,he will force Mikado to do against them .
Your explanation sound reasonable also,but Izaya grasp the situation before Anri and Celty logout not after they logout.
Did you notice the camera zoom in when celty say"pls stop it,telling such detail to someone that they doesn't even know" and then Izaya said" No No...People in Ikebukoro should know this ^^ "
Izaya trying to pull out who is helping Anri.....since it will be long if I explain,so i kinda lazy to fully explain the reason at all.....you can say this is Izaya mind trick psychology or something.
May 22, 2010 1:25 AM

Oct 2009
Izaya probably already hypothesised Celty x Slasher just that that slip up backed it up.
May 22, 2010 4:16 AM

Nov 2007
DoubleDango said:
Who's subs you guys watching with?

Only seen the live stream so far.

I watched in raw.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 22, 2010 4:31 AM

Jun 2008
Awesome scene is awesome.

Again despite what you people say i don't see Izaya doing much. The only reason everyone feels like his manipulating everything is because of his evil smiles and how his presented but the truth is that he doesn't do much. She just answers when his ask something or refuse according to his will. His not out there trying hard to fix things by lies and such.
They could have very well collided with out him. His not manipulating shit. He just puts a little oil in the fire if he can but just a little and mostly he doesn't try to stop it. The fire is already there and his not the one who made her. Izaya didn't make Anri go check on Kida, Izaya didn't call Celty to rescue her, Izaya didn't start the war of blue and yellow gangs, Izaya didn't create the dollars, Izaya had nothing to do with the mad woman that was slashing around people as slasher in place of Anri and hurting her, Izaya never told that creepy teacher to go start molesting female students, Izaya never told Kida to go search revenge for Anri, and i could continue. All this events happened despite Izaya's presents. Actually the only thing that Izaya really is responsible is holding Celty's head.

Izaya isn't manipulating anyone. He just goes with the flow and watches from the shadows. His not a pupetmaster, his a viewer watching the events as an amusement.
If you notice he never told a single lie or created any event by his own. The only thing he did was give selective information but hey, if he didn't exist then they wouldn't get any information ether and that could have let to bloodshed because of conclusions and rumors anyway.
You give the guy too much credit. The only thing his really good at, is keeping his nose out of the direct collision of the events and learning about them.

Anyway the episode was mainly a built up for coming events but it was still good. I'm anxious to see the next already.

kaena said:

We kind of got used of them by now and don't mention them much. There is at least one in every episode. That was the mute girl of Baccano right? She was the best female character in the series for me.

Alexeon said:
Celty is totally traumatized by the traffic police. Its so hilarious and cute at the same time. :D

Yeah her fear of those cops and Aliens is so amusing. She's really cute when she's scared.
MonadMay 22, 2010 4:39 AM
May 22, 2010 4:38 AM
Jun 2008
Monad said:
They could have very well collided with out him. His not manipulating shit. He just put a little oil in the fire if he can but the fire is already there and his not the one who made her. Izaya didn't make Anri go check on Kida, Izaya didn't call Celty to rescue her, Izaya didn't start the war of blue and yellow gangs, Izaya didn't create the dollars, Izaya had nothing to do with the mad woman that was slashing around people as slasher in place of Anri and hurting her, Izaya never told that creepy teacher to go start molesting female students, Izaya never told Kida to go search revenge for Anri, and i could continue. All this events happened despite Izaya's presents. Actually the only thing that Izaya really is responsible is holding Celty's head.
Its true,izaya didn't do much,but Izaya is the information agent.He contain dangerous information that could harm Ikebukoro.So...you think information alone can't start the war?previous episode give a good example of how information destroy Kida's live.Izaya just "pointing" the direction of a person's needs and wants.
May 22, 2010 4:44 AM

Jan 2009
nice episode the end is near though :(
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Proselyt - Jan 14, 2010

330 by Beatnik »»
Feb 25, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

katzenjammer - Feb 18, 2010

299 by Kurkitos »»
Feb 5, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kirika- - May 27, 2010

205 by dr_hydrangea »»
Jan 31, 4:32 AM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usami-Haru - Mar 18, 2010

455 by ryzxgum »»
Jan 19, 11:09 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Mar 31, 2010

336 by 2life »»
Nov 29, 2023 3:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.