Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 15, 2011 1:43 AM
Oct 2010
10/10. My favorite anime ever..simply beautiful and magnificent. I cant count how many times i re-watched it but the art, storyline, characters, music, everything was just amazing. The first few episodes i will agree with a lot of people and say that was the big test for the person watching to either drop it next episode or stay true, have some faith (which the anime incorporates), and watch it all the way through. I loved the ending, i know alot of guy friends who cried because of it, and as a guy myself, i cried too, even more than the AIR ending..and that was an 8 out of 10 on the sad/crying meter. Anyways, im glad that after everything they've been through, and 24 episodes seemed to fit just right with the fight scenes, story changes and character development, that chrono and rosette finally found peace, it shows them 6 months later alone in a little shack with a porch, serene backround, music..im glad they died together holding hands, that's truly the best ending they could have given. I know many are wondering since chrono is a demon did he go to heaven? did rosette go to heaven even though she contracted with a demon? I say yes to both, they both kept faith and stood true to religious beliefs, so im satisfied knowing they are happily together forever..and i admit her crying and screaming she doesn't wanna die and wishes she had more time applies to alot of us, it really made me cry :x
Anyway ill wrap this up by saying everything in the ending from the sun to the music to where they find them, its too cute, sad but cute. Easily re-watchable but if you cry easily, you might wanna skip episode 24.
~ The Blade Children
Mar 31, 2011 8:33 AM

Aug 2007
This is one of the best endings, ever. It doesn't betray you or backstab you. You should have been dreading this the entire time!
Usotsuki. 
Apr 2, 2011 11:16 PM

May 2009
wow, that brought me to tears... and usually i don't cry over anime

i think the ending was necessary to have rosette and chrono die because it made the anime that much more real and emotional
Apr 3, 2011 2:28 PM

Aug 2007
That's how I feel, too. A happy ending would have been annoying and felt false.
Usotsuki. 
Apr 11, 2011 8:29 AM

Oct 2009
I cried too. That's really rare.
But still I prefer happy ending, or a cliff hanger ending. At least there are things going on.

Though, there's one thing I don't get. Aion lost his horns, shouldn't he lost his powers ? he doesn't have contract/horn. Shouldn't he be powerless. But why does he have such tremendous powers ?

Apr 13, 2011 10:02 PM

Jun 2008
INCREDIBLY SAD ENDING....

Didn't expect that at all, I've got to say this was one of the BETTER anime ends that I've ever seen.

This anime turned out to be better than I expected. 8/10
Jun 16, 2011 11:51 AM

Sep 2009
skinnyminni914 said:
wow, that brought me to tears... and usually i don't cry over anime

i think the ending was necessary to have rosette and chrono die because it made the anime that much more real and emotional

I agree with you
I cried my eyes out at the ending =(
I really liked this anime!!!! One of my favorites ^_^
I really didn't get the VERY last scene.......
Did Aion win? Why is he still alive???
Aug 15, 2011 7:56 PM

Jun 2011
Could that ending have made less sense?
Aug 29, 2011 7:15 PM
Mar 2011
Slayify said:
10/10. My favorite anime ever..simply beautiful and magnificent. I cant count how many times i re-watched it but the art, storyline, characters, music, everything was just amazing. The first few episodes i will agree with a lot of people and say that was the big test for the person watching to either drop it next episode or stay true, have some faith (which the anime incorporates), and watch it all the way through. I loved the ending, i know alot of guy friends who cried because of it, and as a guy myself, i cried too, even more than the AIR ending..and that was an 8 out of 10 on the sad/crying meter. Anyways, im glad that after everything they've been through, and 24 episodes seemed to fit just right with the fight scenes, story changes and character development, that chrono and rosette finally found peace, it shows them 6 months later alone in a little shack with a porch, serene backround, music..im glad they died together holding hands, that's truly the best ending they could have given. I know many are wondering since chrono is a demon did he go to heaven? did rosette go to heaven even though she contracted with a demon? I say yes to both, they both kept faith and stood true to religious beliefs, so im satisfied knowing they are happily together forever..and i admit her crying and screaming she doesn't wanna die and wishes she had more time applies to alot of us, it really made me cry :x
Anyway ill wrap this up by saying everything in the ending from the sun to the music to where they find them, its too cute, sad but cute. Easily re-watchable but if you cry easily, you might wanna skip episode 24.

your actually a girl aren't you... (lawls)
Aug 29, 2011 7:46 PM
Mar 2011
This is a pretty good anime but if theres one thing wrong with it, it would definately be that god D*mn annoying as F*CK opening theme song. I'd finish an episode and kind of look forward to the next one, and when I'd start it up and listen to that infuriating obnoxious screaming I'd decide not to watch it for a day or two. The ending song wasn't great either (but atleast bearable). But yeah, the plot was pretty good. Though, the whole way through I hated Azmaria because they make her out to be the most steriotypical "angel" you could possibly think of. She's just SOOOOOO robotic and without "real" personality, unless shes crying (because then its like: OMG, she actually has emotion). But whatever. Chronso (see how much cooler an "s" would have been in his name) was awesome... in his true demonic form, and the artists had some serious robe fetishes when they drew up Rossette.... just look at how unrealistic her clothes look on her. She's like some kind of stripper nun with how tight the clothes appear to be...yep, pretty bad. And she's also pretty detestale/abominable too. Kind of a pretty face, nice chest and figure, but she is a huge; HUGE tomboy and shes soooo un-girish in every way. She's got a very unnattractive persona about her unless, ofcourse, your Chrono or a fan boy. My favourite girl was Satella, even though she went out of character alot (like many characters). But she was prettier and more appealing in general than Azmaria (shes like 5) or Rossette (ew). If you get around all the smaller many mistakes and look at the larger picture (the story going on from all views) then this can be a great anime. I'd say 7 out of 10. A 10 out of 10 would be something like Clannad or maybe Katekyo Hitman REBORN!. The ending made me cry somewhat but just because something is sad doesn't make it "classic" or amazing. "7 Pounds" is a good example of this. Will Smith performed well but really it was pretty much nothing more than a foreboding tearjerker the whole movie, right through to the end. Plus, it received overall bad ratings, so consider everything before we all go screaming this anime was "beautiful, simply magnificient, and amazing", lawls. Couldn't we atleast try to not be blind. I agree with anyone who says that it was neccessary for Chrono and Rossette to die for the anime to seem more accurate. It appeared verrrrry fake with a lot of things, so helped. It just goes to show that the "good guys" don't always conquer all and come out unscathed. It was true and realistic.
Lastly, I'd rather ppl didn't respond to this in rage as I'm dis'n all the "fan favourites" of this series but everyone has their own opinions of what make and breaks anime...or anything so....I just don't feel like arguing with ppl about who's right and wrong or w/e. So respond if you absolutely haaavvvveeeeee to (like if your gonna die from reading my ragging) and you can't possibly stand other ppl thinking differently than you. Otherwise just post your own opinions seperately please.
~.~ Not bad.
T3rm1n4t0r2Aug 29, 2011 7:55 PM
Sep 12, 2011 2:29 PM

Apr 2010
A fitting end to a a pretty good church/bible anime. I knew it wouldn't have an happy happy joy joy ending, because of that contract thing between Rosette and Chrno through out the series. But what happened to Joshua? He remained a child in his mind for the rest of his life, but what i understood the world was going to end pretty soon althogether. But yeah the last episode was really good and portrayed the main characters nicely in the end. Rosette and Chrno went to heaven together.
Sep 30, 2011 11:21 PM
Jul 2011
bitter-sweet ending, loved the fact that there wasn't some crappy spin at the end that made everything better, but at the same time i kinda wish there was.
overall it was a very good anime (one that i intend to re-watch), this is the first time I've watched one of this kind so it seems very unique to me.

By the way, i don't think Chrono will be admitted to heaven, he is a demon after all. So I guess this is the end of the line for those two :(
Nov 3, 2011 3:31 PM

Sep 2011
To me this ending was almost as depressing as the ending of the movie House of Sand and Fog. I felt so damn miserable after watching her cry about not wanting to die, even though the manga's ending is somewhat similar in its conclusion i felt way more at ease with that ending then the one we got in the anime. It made me feel like everything Chrno and Rosette sacrificed was for nothing, while Aion (trolling almost as much as Aizen) lives on to destroy man another day, kinda like the Devil's Advocate ending.

Either way i loved this anime, it breaks the overly stagnant mold that is Shonen anime. Crafting something new and unique, which can even bring a grown man to tears (*i Q_Q big time at the end*).
Dec 11, 2011 12:33 PM
Jul 2011
The most suitable end. Devil, which Aion is, must win this battle, but he can't win as God can't.
Maybe, Joshua became a popular child-novellist, Azmaria -- a popular chorus-singer, but this is not the main storyline.
Rosette and Chrno died together, but they can't enter Heaven due to mechanic of this world. And it's the saddest thing for me in this anime.
Masterpiece. I definetely shall rewatch it next year.
Dec 13, 2011 1:41 PM

Jan 2011
Most underrated anime I have seen to date.
I have mixed feelings towards the ending. Im damn glad there were NO asspulls in the last misnute that are so typical, but at the same time I feel miserable watching it. 9/10
AlexGKDec 13, 2011 9:30 PM
Jan 18, 2012 5:58 PM

Dec 2009
I watched this only because I had heard that it`s a sad and depressing anime. I`m totally disappointed in the end... The story was dull and boring. It was so predictable that it couldn`t be sad or moving or something like that. It might have been a great dramatic story, but in fact it is a complete fail. There`s something lacking here, some mystic little thing that can make a masterpiece from a simple story.
The only good thing about this series is a big amount of heresy. It was funny from time to time... 5/10
Apr 3, 2012 3:14 PM

Nov 2011
I had mixed fillings on this series.
I kind of started off dragging through it,the whole series kind of started off about finding Joshua and re-uniting however that never really happened(it did but in a way it didn't since Joshua no longer saw Rosette as his sister then lost his memory.)
First few episodes were not all that interesting but it began to pick up some time after. A lot of the things in the series was very predictable. Hence the fact that Chrono and Rosette died. I knew they were going to die the whole time and the only time I thought they MIGHT have survived is when it turned out Rosette was "God's chosen" so I thought perhaps God's power could save her.... but it didn't. Then we have almost every single character(main/support) killed besides Azmaria, Sister Kate and Joshua. . . .

Honestly I thought it was over-kill. I know a lot of people are saying how it would have been bad if it ended any other way and my thoughts to that is "would it?" It was like Hamlet just having almost everyone die with almost no survivors(Talking about main/support characters) and I thought that was over-doing when the main two protagonists are already sentenced to death to begin with. Then on top of that to make matters worse it turns out all the efforts our heroes made were for nothing as it seems Aion was never killed or re-incarnated years later. Then of course Father Remington is soon killed after seeing Aion walking in the streets. The way it kind of ended wasn't bitter-sweet, it wasn't really depressing either it was just a big Fuck you in the face pretty much. Which didn't exactly appeal to me.

Another thing that bothered me about the ending is we see Azmaria putting flowers on Rosette's grave but their is no grave for Chrono in sight. I mean I'd figure they'd do at least that much since we have no real romance between the two besides some moments and of course the kiss when Chrono was sleeping. But I mean it was obvious they loved each other, they died together so why not buried next to each other? Other then that Aion got all the action in the whole series! lol

Anyways. . . It was a good watch though. Once it picked up it got interesting, it has it's comedic and serious moments, we see our heroes being psychologically torn apart by an enemy who seems almost God-like compared to everyone else. It was as if the whole time everyone was in the palm of Aion's hand which made things interesting because their was hardly a dull moment then. I did dislike however how short the Chrono vs Aion fight was. It was as if all these episodes were building up to the final conclusion of Chrono vs Aion to stop his plans and it literally only lasted a minute and surprisingly not as much fancy combat as their was with Chrono's other fights. Of course not like it matters anyway as Aion comes back to troll again.

Anyways the scenes were well-done, each character seemed to show a lot of development and had a background that was very easy to understand and connect to. It was great to see them develop such as Sister Kate learning from Rosette about being more firm and sticking with what you believe in, Satella became more gentle and actually warmed up to Chrono even though she hates all devils. Then we have Azmaria who went from a shy, timid girl who soon becomes more courageous and out-spoken.

Overall it was a good show, worth a watch! It has its cons but a lot of the pros made up for it.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Apr 6, 2012 4:19 AM

Jun 2011
This was quite a tearjerker. It was sad that Rosette had to die, but I guess that was obvious from the beginning.

I was reluctant to watch it for the first couple of episodes, but I'm glad I decided not to drop it.
Ragix said:

Honestly I thought it was over-kill. I know a lot of people are saying how it would have been bad if it ended any other way and my thoughts to that is "would it?" It was like Hamlet just having almost everyone die with almost no survivors(Talking about main/support characters) and I thought that was over-doing when the main two protagonists are already sentenced to death to begin with. Then on top of that to make matters worse it turns out all the efforts our heroes made were for nothing as it seems Aion was never killed or re-incarnated years later. Then of course Father Remington is soon killed after seeing Aion walking in the streets. The way it kind of ended wasn't bitter-sweet, it wasn't really depressing either it was just a big Fuck you in the face pretty much. Which didn't exactly appeal to me.

I disagree. It was the most realistic ending possible. Granted Aion's appearance at the end didn't exactly please me, but the rest of the story flowed very smoothly. In fact, it would have been really a big slap in the face for us if it went down the "oh we killed the villain and now we live happily ever after" route.
Jun 11, 2012 11:53 AM
Jun 2012
I agree that ending left me in tears. I was hoping that chrono and rosette would have lived a happy life together but then that probably would have ruined the experience. Thou i am curious to know what happens to them in the afterlife. Do they go to heaven together? Or perhaps to hell?

I perfer the manga ending which was a much much happier one, although they both still die (rosette in her mid 20's), they still get to be together in the afterlife.
mal_Jun 11, 2012 12:00 PM
Jun 11, 2012 12:08 PM

Nov 2011
mal_ said:
I agree that ending left me in tears. I was hoping that chrono and rosette would have lived a happy life together but then that probably would have ruined the experience. Thou i am curious to know what happens to them in the afterlife. Do they go to heaven together? Or perhaps to hell?

I perfer the manga ending which was a much much happier one, although they both still die (rosette in her mid 20's), they still get to be together in the afterlife.

Chrno Crusade Manga>>>>>>>>>>Chrno Crusade anime. GONZO rapes nearly everything they touch.
The Art of Eight
Jun 26, 2012 10:10 AM

Apr 2012
I really didn't get the ending. I think the manga ending is a little better.
Aug 5, 2012 5:16 PM

Nov 2011
Kinda of a meh ending...although overall, series was good.

It also looks like Aion is back?!

This scene = cute
Sep 15, 2012 12:59 PM

Oct 2009
Cried out loud, when Rosette was screaming, that she doesn't want to die. That was..too much, i couldn't resist..
So, by reading the comments i can say, that Aion won. Aion is the devil himself, huh. 10/10, this was a masterpiece, imo.
あらあら。。。
Oct 23, 2012 1:16 PM

Oct 2012
Badass.
Nov 1, 2012 7:53 PM
Oct 2008
dankickyou said:
Chrno Crusade Manga>>>>>>>>>>Chrno Crusade anime. GONZO rapes nearly everything they touch.

This I remember after finishing the manga inmediately starting on the anime... and being supremely disappointed
Nov 7, 2012 3:04 PM

Oct 2012
Still great.
Nov 22, 2012 5:10 PM

Sep 2012
WOW, amazing, wonderful, interesting and SAD series this show turned out to be..
just finished watching it and i must say, what a beautiful but sad ending (sniffs), i really hoped that chrono and rosette would live but unfortunately,.......rip. i'm going to need at least a week to get over this show..sigh..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 24, 2012 9:30 AM

Apr 2010
I bawled. I knew how it ended so I was super teary throughout the whole thing. Now I have to go reread the manga and probably cry some more.
Dec 27, 2012 3:56 PM

Sep 2012
Dang, only if I didn't got spoiled the ending...
It was still a good sad ending.

SuperSaiyen said:

My main problem with this series is that it's been dragging for way too long. They introduce pointless characters, make the entire show really complex for no reason. This could easily have been a 12 episodes series..

Yeah same with me.
Overall, it was a good show.
Jan 25, 2013 12:29 AM
Jan 2013
Well this is one of the best animes that i've ever watched. Even i watched this last 2008. And now i watched it again and still i can't get over with it; Specially the ending.
I cried on the ending and i really can't hold back; seeing Chrono and Rosette died with a smile and hold hands. That's really sweet of them.

I really won't forget this anime. This maybe my most favorite anime of all even with just a mere 24 episodes, It is really the best for me!
Feb 19, 2013 1:41 PM
Dec 2010
So basically Heaven's plan was fullfilled (partly so far) , they showed that in heaven they are not afraid to walk over corpses. Aion tried to strugle but in reality he was used in process and now he has became real/complete Devil thus he will never run away from Devil's role of making people to turn with prayers to heaven. Damn who's the bad guy here, I wonder.
BTW> why did Chrono not use his horns for garthering energy to prolong his and Rosete's lifes ? When Joshua could use them why not original owner ?

overall
Generally I'm not fan of sad anime ( said by very same guy who loves Clanand AF or Ef tale of M/M :D ) however i can apreaciate great anime with great characters in general. 9/10 (rated few yrs ago).

Sent with Mal Updater
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
May 28, 2013 10:42 AM

May 2013
pillsbury15 said:
dankickyou said:

This I remember after finishing the manga inmediately starting on the anime... and being supremely disappointed

Yeah, same here... I wish I watched the anime before I read the manga because the manga was absolutely FLAWLESS, so I felt that the anime didn't carry out all of the emotions properly like the manga did :/

Normally, an anime like this would've gotten a 9-10 rating from me, buuutttt.... idk. Maybe I'll rewatch this series and re-rate it later on.
Jun 12, 2013 1:24 PM

Apr 2013
I don't care who died/survived, but the lack of Rosette x Chrono romance screentime, especially in the final episode, was disappointing. I would have liked to see more than just them holding hands smiling. Oh well - on the whole, I thought the anime was decent. It was fairly enjoyable for the most part, but it did get boring at times and didn't really strike me as anything special, so... 7/10 overall.
Jun 15, 2013 3:38 PM
Jun 2013
My friend lent me this anime and im grateful. This anime was very good with a likeable cast. Only really meh side was that last fight with aion since it was so freaking anti climatic. I looked up the manga ending to see how it compared. Its basicly the same thing only dif being rosette living a bit longer then dieing of a heart attack but still being with chrono. Both ways felt sad and sweet. Though if I had to choose ill go with the anime route.

Also these chicks someone stayed the same age in the manga what was up with that.
Jul 21, 2013 1:15 AM
May 2013
I kinda liked the ending but that feeling was overthrown when i suddenly discovered that the whole plot was pointless, i mean: everything starts with joshua and the desire of Rosette to "save" him, but at the end she doesn´t even cares for him!!! I mean the reason why she died is because she made a contract with Chrno to SAVE JOSHUA, by doing that she starts the chain reaction of events that would eventually kill her, and nevertheless she doesn´t even spend ONE just ONE of her days with her brother, ALL THAT "SACRIFICE" AND "TRAINING" AND DEATHS AND SHIT she did to be with her brother were for nothing... man that pisses me off.
If she was just going to be with Chrno, she could have saved the humanity the trouble by doing so and not going after Joshua to end forgetting about him, that way all would be happy.
G0WxBrAnDoNxJul 21, 2013 1:28 AM
Aug 2, 2013 12:29 AM

Aug 2013
I think the sister put it quite well at the end "I'm glad neither are alive to see the deaths that are to come".

Let's face it josua will never have a normal life. Rosette used the seal thing which bar keeping chrno ticking was a waste of time. Aions alive, the worst was to come and they're not out there hunting devils anymore.

I guess they could have went the happier ending route reverse engineering the horns and using the astral power of aions to give her time back and crnos horns to keep him going.

But it'd have been a cop out still I wish they had more than 6 months, she and crno should have been allowed to say goodbye, josua and the rest deserved that much .
Aug 19, 2013 3:52 AM

Jul 2013
Well, there goes my good mood anyways wow that was some depressing shit now if you excuse me I'll cry my eyes out.
Jan 3, 2014 4:58 PM
Jul 2018
This is the first anime that actually made me cry since Clannad...

Rosette and Chrono died happily together, at least.
Jan 9, 2014 11:26 PM
Dec 2010
G0WxBrAnDoNx said:
I kinda liked the ending but that feeling was overthrown when i suddenly discovered that the whole plot was pointless, i mean: everything starts with joshua and the desire of Rosette to "save" him, but at the end she doesn´t even cares for him!!! I mean the reason why she died is because she made a contract with Chrno to SAVE JOSHUA, by doing that she starts the chain reaction of events that would eventually kill her, and nevertheless she doesn´t even spend ONE just ONE of her days with her brother, ALL THAT "SACRIFICE" AND "TRAINING" AND DEATHS AND SHIT she did to be with her brother were for nothing... man that pisses me off.
If she was just going to be with Chrno, she could have saved the humanity the trouble by doing so and not going after Joshua to end forgetting about him, that way all would be happy.

I think you missed the point. Unlike in many shows, the character's motives evolved over time, as a reaction to the events which took place in the story. I would suggest, at the very least, re-watching the carnival episode if you don't understand.
Feb 1, 2014 2:46 PM

May 2012
Damn what a melodramatic ending! Didn't though they would actually include their deaths but damn that sure was touching! In the end evil still prospered and the story was left unfinished for someone else to continue?

Either way this show started weird, didn't felt like watching it actually but in the end it did managed to be quite a lovely anime with some great action, development and even dramatic moments! 7/10
Apr 2, 2014 7:18 AM

Aug 2013
That was depressing as F. I should have expected that kind of ending I guess I mean the story has been heavy since the early episodes.

Still great. I don't recommend anyone to watch the last episode before going to sleep though. Better to have happy thoughts before you retire for the day XD
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 18, 2014 8:01 PM

May 2012
I didn't expect Rosette to die. Thats one of the saddest ending I've seen
May 25, 2014 9:14 PM

Dec 2013
I don't know, why I write this now, so many years after finish that series...
This is one of my beloved series, and I must write it.

That's one of the saddest anime series ever, depressing, so smazing...
I love that ending so much, I don't know, how many times I watched it and how many times I'll cry of it. I never forget this series, I know about it because it's so fucking beautiful!
Jun 19, 2014 11:27 AM

Apr 2010
This is probably the saddest ending i've ever seen. I knew Rosette's death was inevitable, and i'm glad they had that ending. I just wasn't expecting it to be this heart breaking.
Jul 2, 2014 11:12 AM

Jun 2013
Really awesome ending. I pretty much had my mind made up the entire time that I was gonna give this 7/10, but with that ending I have changed my mind. 8/10.
Jul 25, 2014 10:51 PM

Jul 2012
Wow this kind of ending, It seems Aion wins in the end? Very sad ending.

6/10
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Aug 1, 2014 10:43 PM

Jul 2014
Loved this serie, the battles were great and so was the love story between Chrono and Rosette. Aion you fucking bastard....
Sep 24, 2014 8:01 PM

Sep 2012
Slightly disappointed that they didn't kiss or say "I love you to each other" before they passed away but either way, I am satisfied enough. In a way, it was also a sweet and romantic end. They ran away together to spend time alone and spent the whole 5 months together. Even when it was time for their death. They spent the last moments close together and passed away together.
FlamingMangosSep 25, 2014 10:49 AM
Oct 4, 2014 7:38 PM

Jan 2011
Aion is one of the most annoying villians i've seen. Alwaays blarting stuff. Like, getting Rosette's gun from Chrono and handing it to Rosette, and then saying "i'm just a watcher, i don't do anything". Wait, what? Ignore all the devil stuff and all that brainwashing he did before etc. for a moment: If Rosette had killed Chrono there, Aion would either be charged for murder, complicity or at the very least instigation.

It does make a lot of sense for him to behave the way he does, but it's extremely annoying to watch. Heck, he even goes so far as to call other people including God a hypocrite, but he's the biggest of them all.

I just can't stand villians (or people) like that. And on top of that, even if he didn't win, he sure as hell didn't lose, and he survived - unscathed?

They also could have cut that whole crap with the Duke. It didn't achieve a thing, neither in the actual story, not as a general plot device.

Besides that, really really nice. I loved most characters, especially Rosette, the music was nice, and the ending heartbreaking, even if it it was no suprise (except maybe that they actually did it). The last episode..i started to cry like halfway through, and eveytime i thought the worst is over, e.g. when they switched to Joshua in between (also sad, but not comparable, especially how it was portraited)..just to have them go back to Rosette etc.
Mar 3, 2015 2:19 PM

Oct 2014
Not gonna lie. I cried, a lot. Fuck that was really emotional, but glad they went out with each other.

Sad to see the anime end the way it did, but hey not everything got a happy ending.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chrno Crusade Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2012

9 by 3miL »»
Dec 24, 2023 11:48 PM

Poll: » Chrno Crusade Episode 6 Discussion

removed-user - Dec 20, 2013

13 by Dragosama »»
Jul 4, 2023 7:53 PM

Poll: » Chrno Crusade Episode 14 Discussion

stAtic91 - Aug 25, 2009

19 by matheoo41 »»
Mar 26, 2023 5:49 PM

Poll: » Chrno Crusade Episode 22 Discussion

TravSavage - Oct 16, 2013

13 by FMmatron »»
Jan 15, 2023 11:33 AM

Poll: » Chrno Crusade Episode 12 Discussion

Monasou - Jul 11, 2009

13 by FMmatron »»
Jan 15, 2023 5:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.