Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 21, 2010 1:32 PM

Jan 2008
Gundam? Please...This is far from it. I saw little to no Gundam resemblance, aside from giant robots and possible combination of said robots, as well as a person within them. The opening/ending is simply a generic formula any common anime titles try to replicate after it has already been done by someone else. Gundam, among other titles, has become so popular that it was once part of the super robot genre, but born a new revolutionary genre in anime: mecha. Any hardcore Gundam fan should be ashamed to link this the franchise...unless it's the original Gundam.

I would have liked this is I was still 10, but this is just too much to bear. I saw this whole episode as no homage to the Super Robot genre, [i.e Voltron, Super Sentai (Power Rangers in North America), and in recent years: Reideen, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann]. If this was an homage, they would have done a short snippet and maybe a few shots referencing it, like they did in the last episode when the three girls did the pose and the red, blue, and yellow smoke randomly explodes behind them: that's an homage. But for a whole episode for an original series to be dedicated to an entirely different genre differentiated like night and day, this was more of a rip off, and a waste of their production budget; filler or no. This isn't a parody anime for !@#$ fans sake. At least parody anime/manga/novel titles make things consistent.

Obviously, I give this episode a 0/5, or a 1/10. This is how they decide to introduce new and/or unrelated characters? Unless anyone isn't already familiar with a manga/novel/original story of a series, which is most of the viewers, won't know wtf is going on, and end up hating it even more. I don't care who's decision it was to kill this episode with a garbage homage-fail attempt, be it the producers or the specific director (Rion Kujo: episode 7), but they should be fired from ever touching this series again, and refrained from being hired to produce/direct another series, no matter how good their past works were. Unforgivable.
Estoy_GordoMay 21, 2010 1:38 PM
May 21, 2010 1:44 PM

Apr 2010
I watched about 7 minutes of the episode, i just could not stand any more of it.
After that i pretty much skipped to the end if it was still the same.
I really hate this hero themed stuff, and i thought after last weeks episode it could not get any worse.

This Anime started off pretty decent but episode 6 and 7 are very disappointing.
I am considering to drop this Anime after those 2 episodes.
May 21, 2010 2:03 PM

Oct 2008
Mediocre series is mediocre.

This was probably the worst episode so far. What is with harem series having power rangers tie ins? Ichiban also had the same crap in it and everyone hates it as well, but even that isn't as bad as this. I had some hope for the series when it was starting, but the series is like a really strong looking running who never started the race! Instead we get crap like the last few episodes.
May 21, 2010 2:34 PM

Oct 2009
I liked the previous episodes, more or less, but this one was L.A.M.E.. And the fact that I don't really care for giant robot anime didn't help either. At least they could have made this funny by keeping the characters' personalities or something. Watching the girls play slow-motion-ping-pong for 25 minutes would be less boring than this crap.
May 21, 2010 4:22 PM

May 2009
Wow! And I though episode 4 was bad.
May 21, 2010 4:55 PM

Apr 2010
WoofSadaharu said:
EDIT: Now 7 voters. Still, all rated it 1. xD

Is this as bad as episode 4? Or worse? O_O

It couldn't possibly get any worse... right? I thought I was watching an entirely different anime for the first minute... and then I realized it was just another ridiculously random episode.
May 21, 2010 5:47 PM

Sep 2009
Aversa said:
I watched about 7 minutes of the episode, i just could not stand any more of it.
After that i pretty much skipped to the end if it was still the same.

(sigh)...This is pretty much what I did too. Is there no hope for this show? I'll probably watch it later...when I'm really bored. I'm starting to get dangerously close to dropping this...though I hope it doesn't come to that. This really needs a storyline...or a stronger one or something. Even other random comedy shows I have seen had an ok overall storyline.
May 21, 2010 5:51 PM

Oct 2009
b-naks said:
WoofSadaharu said:
EDIT: Now 7 voters. Still, all rated it 1. xD

Is this as bad as episode 4? Or worse? O_O

It couldn't possibly get any worse... right? I thought I was watching an entirely different anime for the first minute... and then I realized it was just another ridiculously random episode.

Same here, for the first minute I was just stunned of the level of crap this was, then I decided to go into denial ("This must be another anime.. yes, they mixed it up... Haha, I got fooled there for a moment :P
Oh wait, this seriously is this anime. Then what the fuck just happened? D: Give me a decent episode or I'll drop you goddammit
").

But I've confirmed on thing for sure. And that is that we would actually be better off without this episode.
May 21, 2010 6:03 PM

Aug 2008
As a student studying IT management... one of the most important thing my professor kept stressing is to know when to kill projects. Please... I think they should have killed this project known as Mayoi Neko Overrun the moment they realized they have to change directors every single episode, and airing these episodes a week after finished filming. Unfortunately... this is what happens when projects that should have been ended but kept going due to some odd reason.

As for the episode itself, it was funny at first because of its sheer randomness. I was expecting the main cast and directors to suddenly jump out and say they are filming something for their club or whatever (kind of like Haruhi's "first" episode). But nope, it kept going for the entire episode. I think everyone else said what I wanted to say: this was bad. I don't know what the hell the makers are doing/thinking anymore.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
May 21, 2010 7:05 PM

Apr 2010
Oh! So what I downloaded was really Mayoi Neko then? I watched the first minute of the video and said "Oops wrong show" then delete.. >.<

But enough with the sarcasm.. hmm, I fairly enjoyed this episode since I am a Super Robot fan too.. Even though all of it is cliche, still pretty enjoyed how they delivered it..

my only problem is that it came out of nowhere, wish they included a few clips on what caused this episode to show up, for example like showing that Chise ordered them to make a Super Robot show for their club or something..

But I really loved the mecha design somehow, very old cliche designs but still eye-catching for me, and the gattai sequence aren't that bad too.. :)
May 21, 2010 7:19 PM

Jul 2009
Duke Machine said:

What's wrong? hurt your back?

*Grand Braver draw a blade from the sky*

Duke Machine said:

Oh?

OMG i like this guy, for the episode itself i found many other funny words XD

On oh shi- what a twist in the end..
LaevanteinMay 21, 2010 7:32 PM
May 21, 2010 8:47 PM

Mar 2009
Ever since Power Rangers until now, I still wonder why people hide a giant sword in the sky?
(>-.-)> d(>.<)b <(-.-<)
May 21, 2010 9:34 PM

Apr 2010
This series is such a disappointment.

Had a pretty strong first episode that had me going, "Hey, this is actually really interesting, can't wait see the next episode!" Then, each new episode comes and I watch it, hoping the next one will continue on the greatness of the first.

Never happens = \

This weeks episode was really, really bad though. Atleast the others had some relevance to the main characters, whereas this is just random crap. I did giggle at the very end, but if they keep continuing down this path, probably just going to drop the series.
May 21, 2010 10:20 PM

Feb 2009
all i can say is im glad im having a few beers because if i watched this completely sober, id probably would drop this show...
why did it have to turn out this way
the show started off so well and had alot of potential =\
May 21, 2010 10:48 PM

Feb 2008
This episode was such an awesome troll, cheers to the producers and to Jam Project for delivering such a fitting song for the OP theme.

May 21, 2010 11:35 PM

Feb 2010
What did I just watched? LOL
May 22, 2010 4:26 AM
Feb 2009
Romeodeaths said:
Ever since Power Rangers until now, I still wonder why people hide a giant sword in the sky?

Well where do you think they're going to put it, on their back? That's just absurd. XD
May 22, 2010 6:03 AM

Feb 2009
....okaaay...

May 22, 2010 6:10 AM

Jul 2009
azuyuki said:
Romeodeaths said:

Well where do you think they're going to put it, on their back? That's just absurd. XD
On their hips maybe...
May 22, 2010 6:14 AM

Aug 2009
Well, I must praise the idea and partly, it was a good parody, but most of the episode was just far too serious, i.e. boring.
Although it was funny, that in the end we found out that the guys are the enemies^^

Hope next ep will be normal again OR a really good, funny parody of something.
May 22, 2010 8:14 AM

Dec 2008
I thought it was nice
but 1 ep better be all that they do of it
otherwise ill probably drop it
if i want crazy random id watch arakawa under the bridge or whatever its called
May 22, 2010 11:49 AM
Sep 2009
haha, nice ep. now we need a horror ep with lots of blood, everyone dies plz.
May 22, 2010 12:26 PM
Mar 2010
what did i watch... oh lol
May 22, 2010 3:02 PM

Aug 2009
Laevantein said:
azuyuki said:
Romeodeaths said:

On their hips maybe...

some already have some kind of sword on them
but the on that comes from the sky have crazy power that overusing it well blow the whole planet (or something of the sort)
heck, Gravion had a sword that was hidden on the moon
(now I wonder why the badguy wait for them to get the sword despite knowing it'll be the last thing they see)
May 22, 2010 3:39 PM

Oct 2007
Laevantein said:
azuyuki said:
Romeodeaths said:

On their hips maybe...

In their nose! Come forth Booger Sword!
May 22, 2010 4:52 PM

Apr 2009
Someone shoot me now..... =__=
Thank God there are only 5 more episodes left.
May 22, 2010 5:26 PM
Jun 2008
Mangaluvr said:
Someone shoot me now..... =__=
Thank God there are only 5 more episodes left.
Its just half the series....other than robot,i wonder will Alien come out as well?
May 22, 2010 6:24 PM

Mar 2010
*opening*
"uh... is this the right show?"

*sees characters in costumes*
"oh what the hell?!? Well, at least it's MNO"

*lots of mech*
*skips way ahead*
*still mech*
*turns off*
May 22, 2010 6:26 PM

May 2008
Wats so nice about robots =/

Awesome Sig by Lailide
May 22, 2010 6:39 PM

Nov 2007
I can't believe they pulled a Gundam/DBZ parody for this episode. <_<

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
May 22, 2010 7:04 PM

Mar 2010
ImaVampire said:
if i want crazy random id watch arakawa under the bridge or whatever its called

definitely worth watching if you want random funny stuff
May 22, 2010 7:59 PM

May 2008
Crapisode.
That is all.

May 22, 2010 9:05 PM

May 2010
very disappointing, at 1st i thought it was a troll or sumthin but WTF! its BS. I hate mecha..
May 22, 2010 11:06 PM

Aug 2009
kimatg said:
Okay, now someone change the thread title from "Mayoi Neko Overrun! Episode 7 Discussion" to "Yuusha Choujin Grand Braver Episode 26 Discussion"

Seriously. It should have its own MAL entry. xD
May 22, 2010 11:33 PM

Jan 2010
Arceus said:
Next episode determines if I drop this crap or not.

Fuck me; wtf am I watching?
I thought I downloaded a troll.
May 22, 2010 11:53 PM

May 2010
Sucrose said:

I thought I downloaded a troll.

lols i thought the same thing, i liked all of the 6 previous episodes tho so ima just delete this shity ep7
May 23, 2010 12:47 AM

Feb 2009
Should have watched this earlier...

I was like "Is this the right show? This is Mayoi Neko, right?" coz I got a Needless vibe with the narrator then the mecha showed up and the girls(who are hot in those suits!) then I realized, another random episode. But when I watched it, I really loved it.

-Kaho(Hazuki) in that outfit is WIN! The girls naked inside the robot would have been nice if we saw more XD. Reminded me of Mahou Kishi Rayearth.
MorningGlory said:
Damn!!!" Girl robot + Male Robot " transformation really dirty echhi >.<
Kinda hotweird when you put it that way

-The three robots looked kinda funny Reminds me of Transformers. The sword from the sky and immobilizing the enemy with energy is really lolz. Reminds me of Voltes V.

-I found it weird that when they combined with the 4th one they just increased in size but thats how mecha anime work sometimes. Reminds me of Raijin-oh. The enemy looked cool btw. Reminds me of Escaflowne.

Ok, did they just throw every idea and design from mecha animes and combined in in this episode? That was very random and weird but I'm a big fan of mecha animes so I enjoyed this more than the whole show itself. Now I know this show will go nowhere with all the random episode so I'll stay and see how this show does.
May 23, 2010 1:23 AM
May 23, 2010 1:43 AM

Nov 2008
I am disappoint.
May 23, 2010 2:42 AM
May 2010
I am not a Gundam fan and all that i saw in this episode could be said in two syllables...Fill-er
May 23, 2010 4:48 AM

Mar 2009
Although random and completely out of nowhere, I loved this episode, at least for something that's mecha.

And for those who thought they downloaded the wrong thing, I thought the same only I watch streamed videos so I thought they'd put up the wrong episode haha.

{{ TCO }} {{ ACP }} {{ TSC }} {{ LAC }}
May 23, 2010 5:56 AM

Mar 2009
Reminded me of an old combining mecha that i don't have on my list because i don't remember what it was lol.

Also this is the first episode i only half-watched because it wasn't very seriouse. Even IRC Trivia was more interesting...

May 23, 2010 6:49 AM

Jul 2009
LOL, WTF did i just watch. Seriously it was very bad that i just can laugh while watching it.
RegulusMay 23, 2010 7:28 AM
May 23, 2010 7:09 AM

Mar 2008
people just hate this episode because they don't like traditional mecha series? (beside the randomness of course)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 2010 7:13 AM

Jul 2009
cr4sian_phil said:
Laevantein said:
azuyuki said:
Romeodeaths said:

On their hips maybe...

In their nose! Come forth Booger Sword!
Yeah that way he can also clean his nose..
May 23, 2010 9:19 AM

Mar 2009
this is the plot of every super robot movie :
1/ Super bosses with super mega alpha beta gamma... powers SUDDENLY appear.
2/ Instead of go all out attacking the earth they decide to just send out small fry instead.
3/ Small fry will always almost beat down the team heroes (lets say a bunch of random people who SUDDENLY become the world saviors and SUDDENLY can control giant machines without any sort of manual or practice)
4/ Team heroes on the verse of getting owned SUDDENLY pull off some trick OR gain some sort of super abilities OR acquire a giant weapon out of no where and win.
5/ Super bosses pissed off and send another fry.
7/ back to step 3
hey there's no 6
(>-.-)> d(>.<)b <(-.-<)
May 23, 2010 9:35 AM

Feb 2010
I've come to watch Mayoi Neko Overrun not just a Mobile Suit Gundam CRAP
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

May 23, 2010 9:50 AM

Nov 2009
Disclaimer: i have never read the adaption source.
However apparently it is suppose to be heavy on parody. Now if you look at every episode; every episode is a diffrent type of parody: the random girl living with the boy, the runaway, confession on the riverbank, random trip to a resort, cliche characters. Now an episode to encompace shounen mecha

If they actually did an okay job at the transitions and the parodies were a myriad of times better, then i wouldn't have to quote this...
FDaihatsu said:
Son,

Maximatum99 said:
I am disappoint.
May 23, 2010 10:04 AM

Feb 2010
helur said:
Disclaimer: i have never read the adaption source.
However apparently it is suppose to be heavy on parody. Now if you look at every episode; every episode is a diffrent type of parody: the random girl living with the boy, the runaway, confession on the riverbank, random trip to a resort, cliche characters. Now an episode to encompace shounen mecha

If they actually did an okay job at the transitions and the parodies were a myriad of times better, then i wouldn't have to quote this...
FDaihatsu said:
Son,

Maximatum99 said:
I am disappoint.

The truth is....they have different directors on each episode...

"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

May 23, 2010 10:10 AM

Feb 2009
Cashdaxxx said:
I've come to watch Mayoi Neko Overrun not just a Mobile Suit Gundam CRAP
Mind to give an explanation why you compared this to Gundam? Because they are both mecha? There may be a lot of parodies of mecha in this random and weird episode but there certainly is not any Gundam resemblance. I suggest you watch some Gundam shows instead of just rom-com animes and tell me if they were CRAP. Oh, and watch TTGL too.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mayoi Neko Overrun! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

francismeunier - May 4, 2010

89 by Dywei »»
Jan 27, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Mayoi Neko Overrun! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

francismeunier - Apr 20, 2010

90 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:26 PM

Poll: » Mayoi Neko Overrun! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Jun 15, 2010

82 by antoninus_v »»
Aug 3, 2023 6:26 PM

» Where can i watch this

Probs - Aug 13, 2022

2 by MailPerson »»
Aug 13, 2022 10:37 PM

» Anyone else find this show criminally underrated?

kelzoldyck - Apr 18, 2021

5 by asiank0ala »»
Mar 31, 2022 3:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.