Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Nodame Cantabile
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 15, 2019 5:49 PM

May 2010
Meh, it's like Nodame's only motivation is getting the guy :x Not very interesting storyline to follow tbh...
Aug 4, 2019 6:49 PM
Apr 2016
Oh my, did that guy really? Nodame's play entirely depends on her emotions, it's so surreal, haha. She's amazing though, everyone is going to know her as the winner soon.
Jun 10, 2020 1:14 PM

Mar 2018
Kitsu-nee said:
Meh, it's like Nodame's only motivation is getting the guy :x Not very interesting storyline to follow tbh...
~

Yes. This is the story from the start. Nodame is a good pianist who just wants to have fun with the piano. She doesn't have the motivation to work hard. At the moment her motivation is following Chiaki to Europe.
Apr 29, 2021 2:14 PM

Jul 2020
Nodame and Chiaki are having sm cute moments together
Jun 6, 2021 12:11 AM

Jan 2021
I loved this episode !!!!!!
Ahhhh, I love their relationship so much!!!<3
Jul 17, 2021 8:06 AM

Aug 2017
Nodame playing was my favourite part of this episode! I think the final episode is going to be BIG.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 23, 2021 6:20 PM

Dec 2018
Kitsu-nee said:

I know this is an old post, but I'll just reply to it anyway, in case it helps.

I guess it's not the most engaging in many regards, but yeah that's precisely the point, which is why the judge says at the end "maybe she's still a baby". She's too easily swayed by short-lived emotions, and instead of depicting Debussy's emotions, she musically makes up an entirely different piece based on her current emotion on the point.

Not that the musician's current state of emotions doesn't have much to do with their performance, it certainly does affect it. But the issue is she doesn't really have a thread of consistency, and instead quite literally just plays whatever is on her mind. In other words, she's a baby.

Which also means, she doesn't take her pianism so seriously. To begin with, she's not even fully attempting to understand the piece she's playing anyway.
. . .
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» from a classical musician's perspective...

sillylovesong - Mar 31

1 by Cestlavie_ »»
Mar 31, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jacobpaige - May 12, 2008

50 by aquasprite »»
Mar 15, 5:33 AM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jacobpaige - May 12, 2008

55 by aquasprite »»
Mar 14, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Episode 6 Discussion

Kimura - May 14, 2008

44 by P0tter »»
Sep 18, 2023 12:49 PM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 24, 2008

63 by cornonacob »»
Jul 28, 2023 1:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.