Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]
Post New Reply
Poll: Angel Beats! Episode 7 Discussion

May 30, 2011 11:54 PM

giant fish anyone?
Jun 17, 2011 1:27 AM

This episode was a step back for me... :/

Though Otonashi's memories were better than the rest of the cast, I still found myself rolling my eyes. I'm a big fan of Key's works, and I think with more episodes they could have done more.. it felt forced to me.

The next episode looks to be better. Hopefully.
Jun 25, 2011 2:56 PM

MONSTER STREAM! lol this names are so catchy.

Otonashi's past was kinda sad and he was such a good person..shame he died without accomplishing anything.

Kanade was so moe this episode...CRAZY FOR YOU!
Jul 7, 2011 2:42 PM

re-watching with dubs, and its seems good so far! ^^
Jul 12, 2011 8:14 AM

Otonashi's sister reminds me of Ushio.
Jul 13, 2011 11:10 AM

This episode really made me cry...
Otonashi's sister was so cute,when Otonashi brought for her whatever was in the store and even so she said Tank you and how she was surprised when she saw the magazine,at that moment i wanted to hug her so tight...made me cry
It's amazing how ill people love the life,appreciate the life,and there are healthy people that don't really care...
Anyway this episode really touched me
Jul 17, 2011 5:32 AM

i've enjoyed this episode the most so far.
Sep 23, 2011 8:01 PM

ALL HAIL CLOTHES-PINS! Hahaha X'D omg his past is so sad! Im glad he didn't vanish though!!! i love the sub prez! hes cute ^^ and OMG that was a huge fish!!! and theres 2 Angels?! cool =D
Oct 25, 2011 6:01 AM

As far as content go this was my favorite episode. The first half gave us an insight into Yuzuru's past which was really interesting. The second half is more of comedic-relief, but with great character development for Kanada. And TK was, once again, boss! I loved the whole monster parody with fishing!

And in the end, it seems things aren't quite good yet! Great cliffhanger.
Nov 4, 2011 5:23 PM

man I just love how they let Naoi hang around with them like nothing happened hahahaha this show is the best. Although to be fair it was probably thanks to his overly sexy voice. Seriously, Megumi, I don't know what you're doing but it should be illegal.

And the way Yuri's just like yeah okay let's let this girl who we've been fighting against for ages come chill with us at the river. Why were they even fighting against her? Where did Yuri even get that from? Was it just because she was the student council president? This is some quality storytelling.
the Imaginary and the Real can never mingle.
Nov 4, 2011 9:53 PM

They explained the Yuri-Kanade fighting thing, through little tid-bits, here and there mostly, when Yuri got there, a couple others came in eventually, Yuri and them formed the initial Battlefront, but they were just doing whatever they wanted, not really a fighting unit or whatever, Kanade convinced one or more(wasnt exactly clear on that part) to do the whole 'School' thing, and they disappeared, and the dis-appearing is what made Yuri think that Kanade was the one making them dis-appear, and being that they were already dead, Yuri assumed that meant she worked for God, her hatred for the life she had was transposed onto Kanade, turning her into Angel, the Battlefronts sole enemy in the Afterlife, and causing her to teach everyone who followed her to believe she was the enemy. Doubt you will read this forum again, but if you do, I hope this helps
Dec 4, 2011 11:33 AM

Wow, this episode......Talk about a sinusoidal wave of emotions. I was prepared for something a bit sad with Otonoshi's background, but man, you could almost make a whole anime just on that it seemed.

More on Tenshi
Dec 4, 2011 3:29 PM

DNF said:
They don't stop with the mixture of everything per episode, don't they?

its good to have variety. cool gif btw.
DuroDeMatar said:
It´s was an excelent episode, TK is awesome as always! Kanade too :P

And here is TK´s dance of the week (Moonwalk):

wouldnt be suprising, but his experience reminds me a lot of Cl-

Dec 15, 2011 1:29 PM

I'm loving TK and his English! It makes me lol XD
Dec 31, 2011 2:33 PM

how can this show take me on such an emotional rollercoaster ride of tears and laughter in just 25 mins! >.<

geeze i screamed when i saw that other angel. WTF!?!?!??!
Jan 24, 2012 4:34 PM

WHAT?!? Tachibana clone?! When did that happen? O_o
Feb 4, 2012 10:07 PM

This show has had such an impact on me, that I'll really be sad once its finished. Few shows have been able to move me so deeply as AB has.

I actually cried when he was carrying his sister and talking about happy things, that was soul crushing.
Apr 27, 2012 2:46 AM

There's no more enemies! Wrong!!! X_X Maybe the Angel (in the likeness of Tachibana) is a necessary evil or a function, the game/world system just spits out a new one when that post or role is vacated?
Nothing is an absolute reality, all is permitted.
May 29, 2012 1:35 PM

So Otonashi finally remembered. Also why are there two angels?

Jul 20, 2012 2:20 AM

One has to wonder if the Japanese enjoyed TK's antics as much as us westerners...
Jul 22, 2012 7:45 PM

not sure why there's two of them but doesn't matter, i'm shipping kanadexyuzuru so hard.
Aug 4, 2012 7:02 PM

Man Naoi is falling for Yuzuru now. Pretty good episode.
Aug 5, 2012 2:11 PM

McRib said:
This show is getting gayer and gayer each episode.

And I mean that literally.

This i agree.
Aug 5, 2012 2:18 PM

Ok episode.
Next episode will be shocking. Hope it will be better than the two episodes.
Aug 18, 2012 5:41 PM

Waw thought I saw something when Angel did that slash move!
Aug 29, 2012 12:41 PM

Yeah Naoi is with them now :D He seemed to wanna be pretty close to Otanashi though... Maybe he's into this as well ? lol
And Tenshi got some more development... Seems like anyone coming close to her is fated to disappear... Strangely enough she does as Otonashi asks her oO'
And her super strength is strange.
And... What a cliffhanger. I wondered what was the point in having no enemy (even though they can't die, nor kill other humans, nor attack NPCs...)
Still wonder wth are they doing all that to get food oO' Can't they just eat in the cantina like all other students ><'

Oct 7, 2012 9:44 AM

"Crazy for you!"
Then another angel finally appeared. I was beginning to think there was only one angel after all...
Modified by Serendib, Oct 7, 2012 9:47 AM
Oct 19, 2012 12:34 PM

Why do both "Angel's" look the same? I thought they figured out that she wasn't really an angel, also I still think that the leader's story was the saddest, I mean his was rather sad but the other two's past was still sadder... Was actually hoping he had some super un-ordinary past or something.
Dec 7, 2012 4:31 PM

big ass fish!!! lots of MEAT :DDD yum! whoaaa, 2 angels??? :O shitt just got real lol
Dec 31, 2012 1:01 AM

Otonashi's lifestyle is so saddening but respect that he cared for his sister so much
Jan 8, 2013 4:41 PM

kevsterr95 said:
Otonashi's lifestyle is so saddening but respect that he cared for his sister so much
I really feel for him because I have a little sister as well. And just like him, I feel like I take her bright and shining face for granite. My sister might not be in the hospital, but I will really miss the little ball of hope she is now when she grows up and moves on.
Mar 23, 2013 6:01 PM

So, Kanade is musician and everyone else are musical instruments? Interesting twist :)

And again - no death was explicitly shown in Otonashi's memories - niether his sister's one nor his (he could survived you know). But given his mental state his sister is probably dead.

So - is this the world of near death when whole life flashes before your eyes? When you have a chance to settle with your life? Or would it be able for them to go back and reunite with each other (I hope so, given it is Key anime)

And I guess there would be tons of angels. What bothers me is whether they have different personalities though.

Edit: Other Tenshi on the roof has different (red) eyes.
Modified by Mich666, Mar 23, 2013 6:05 PM
Mar 27, 2013 1:40 AM

Good, Naoi and Kanade joins them now..
What the?! Two Kanade at the end!?
May 4, 2013 9:16 AM

Chop chop chop chop.

Good developments.

I have a bad feeling about future events because of the promise. Also, from the previous episode's preview, someone said "Angel is a necessary existence." From this I think that since Angel isn't Angel anymore, another one was "created". Or it could be from when she used the skill to save them from the fish.
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
Jun 4, 2013 11:44 PM

Otonashi's past was very saddening. He still bears the burden of not being able to do more for his little sister T_T
And what the hell is happening at the end ? Two angels ?

"My girlfriend is Pururin, and Pururin only!!!"~ Kaoru Yamazaki
Jul 3, 2013 11:00 PM

Cliffhanger ending!
Nice episode, Kanade is STRONG!
Jul 6, 2013 8:04 PM

kanadexyuzuru made me want to throw up.
Jul 6, 2013 8:41 PM

another flashback... -_-
i lack on english but, i want to speak!
Jul 16, 2013 10:38 AM

souledge94 said:
kanadexyuzuru made me want to throw up.

yeah I much prefer him with Yuri.
Sad past as accepted...
Aug 2, 2013 10:25 PM

Another Tenshi aye. Faah. 8.2/10. I found Otonashi's reaction to his past sad.
Aug 18, 2013 12:00 PM

Wow as i said,we have a big secret here,but i wasn't expecting this...a second angel???
The plot looks great.
The angel is sooo kawaaiiii :3
Aug 19, 2013 9:15 PM

I love how the plot is set. First half they reveal Otonashi's past which was obviously gonna be sad then the second half is comedy followed by a cliff hanger to get the story progressing smoothly. job well done
Aug 28, 2013 6:51 PM

yes amazing episode as always :)

tbh i didn't notice how each episode is actually 26 minutes!!

i wish more anime's are like that!!!

Naoi really looks like Naoto from Persona 4 XD

even similar in terms of attitude and manners!

he really should have gun with him right now!

and wow Naoi has taken a liking towards Otonashi!!

Hinata must be jealous?? :P

i wonder how he got the hypnotism!!

poor Hinata!!

and wow it's such a shame about Otonashi's life.

just as about your gonna bounce back to life, he dies out of nowhere.

do wonder how the train crash like that though.

finally Tenshin joins the team!

she's soo cute attending the garden!

knew Saitou was voiced by Midorikawa, Hikaru :P

Tenshin is badass taking down that whale!!!

btw didn't they show in the first few episodes that there could be more than one Tenshin :P

do wonder if this Tenshin was the first one, then again the Dark Tenshin might be the one that stabbed Otonashi in the first episode.

amazing stuff!! more more!!
Sep 2, 2013 12:56 PM

woowww nice episode, beautiful memory and also quiete emotional ;) and at the end ,, woow i didn't expect that from Tenshi :S
Oct 14, 2013 3:58 AM

omg teary eyes T_T

his sister is so pitiful, i wonder if she will still be alive if she is not out in that cold night?

judging that she has a heart or lung problems because tube from her chest, so cold weather is very sever to her condition... i guess not taking her out will surely kept her alive..

but it is sad to be alive and cant do anything but wait for her onichann in the hospital,.... mayb it was a right decision
Oct 18, 2013 3:45 AM

Yay, more TK! (^_^) Chop chop chop chop!

Naoi joins the SSS. By the way, I think he's gay.

Aww, Otonashi's past. (T_T) That was just...

Dat fishing scene. So, Tachibana used Harmonics. This creates a clone.
Yellow-eyed Angel will be called Tachibana, while red-eyed Angel will be called Tenshi.
By the way, Otonashi X Tachibana!!
This is my adorable signature!
Dec 5, 2013 4:21 PM

Otonashi's backstory was quite unique from what I've seen before. I thought it was much better because he found hope again and it wasn't just another sad story

It was just like the story that Aoki talked about in Kokoro Connect. Live life to the fullest, I guess :/

The ending also explains why Tornado is possible in the Angel Beatsverse. Nobody holds onto their fucking tickets

And another yaoi pairing? Damn :|

The way Shiina fishes is hilarious, especially considering the fact that the group probably isn't going to jump in and retrieve the fish she hit

More Tachibana c:
Her superhuman strength is amazing, although the "getting caught onto a tiny hook" thing was kinda ridiculous.
She probably could have soloed that fish if she wanted to

Well, during this episode I was wondering what the SSS are actually going to do now or if they're just going to continue dicking around doing their everyday tasks.
But then, plot twist! I hope this is good
Dec 7, 2013 1:46 PM

This episode left me a bit confused... Tenshi beginned looking like the vilain, then she looked like the not-so-much-vilain and seem to be human, and now, it look like she's a freaking robot... Man, I like this anime, but for now, I really can't get a shit of what is happening.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 7, 2013 7:19 PM

Badass episode.
I cried at Otonashi's past.
And it was funny that Tenshi and Naoi are now their companions.
And I laughed at the part wherein they try to pull the rod and blew up in the sky, then Tenshi rescued them.
And at the last scene.... I think it's Tenshi's clone.
Dec 27, 2013 11:06 AM

TK is honestly hilarious as hell
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]