Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »
Jun 4, 2010 11:09 AM

Apr 2010
------------------------- -- --

i never thought that Otonashi was very boring...
my guess his like killer or assassin or something.. T_t.. hehehe
Otonashi story is sad.. i feel like crying?? T_t..... she died.. T_t...

Otonashi .... ahh thats why he is genius.... he can answer... correctly.. in episode 5 in test ... .... what a sad story...

But this episode is good.. love this...
arden_rualesJun 4, 2010 11:24 AM
Jun 6, 2010 8:09 PM
May 2010
why does Key constantly look for make you cry?

Jun 7, 2010 7:49 AM

Mar 2010
CRAZY FOR YOU!

Jun 11, 2010 12:23 AM

Jun 2009
Naoi gay scene lol

Well, Otonashi's past was very simple, even though his life ended a waste, the cliffhanger would be that her sister disappear in the scene telling she died

Fishing scene so funny. Angel baiting Hinata and Christ

We have 2 Angels?
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jun 11, 2010 3:28 PM

May 2010
renji59 said:
ShibuyaRiver said:

rofl.

I agree XD

This episode was decent. I liked the previous episode better, though.

The Tenshi thing is kind of confusing. Did she make a clone of herself or something, or does she have a split personality like Nyu/Lucy from Elfen Lied? Or what?

Otonashi's backstory was interesting. I think Yuri's backstory is the best though.
Jun 19, 2010 1:49 AM

Apr 2009
so Otonashi's past is the worst..:(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 20, 2010 8:51 PM
Dec 2009
Another great episode!
Yet It was sort of obvious they would befriend with the former bad guy... It rocks though : ) This keeps getting better ^^
Jun 26, 2010 7:11 PM

Feb 2010
Loved this episode. Everything about it.
Jun 27, 2010 3:25 PM

Oct 2007
otonashi's past is sad, but nothing compare to yuri's. i'm glad he tells her how strong she is<3

ii wonder how 2x kanade will affect things o.O

if all of key's works are this sad, i might try out others (this is my first) but which one would you guys say is best? not to ruin the thread; post your favorite key recommendation to my comments- thnks <3 xo
Jun 27, 2010 6:31 PM

Aug 2009
Hmm...I don't know what to think. The series is unexpected.
Also, disliked Otonashi's past. Well, it wasn't as dramatic as I expected it to be. That's....good too I guess?

Two Kanades now.
Jul 20, 2010 4:43 AM

Mar 2009
Funny and deep.

Jul 21, 2010 6:58 PM

Dec 2008
Loving the yaoi overtones in this show!
Otonashi's background story was so sad.
Loved the fishing scene!
Hope to see a background story on TK.
Jul 24, 2010 1:09 PM

Aug 2008
Jul 26, 2010 8:37 PM

Aug 2009
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS? BEFORE THEY WERE LIKE TRYING TO STOP A BRUTAL DICTATOR AND NOW THEY'RE WORKING WITH HIM, LOL. DAMN TK IS RIGHT MAN, THIS IS CRAZY!

Okay now that's out of the way, who the fuck was that girl in the end? Don't tell me there's two Kanade? Right after I thought they'll all be living happily ever after, something pops up and ruin these happy thoughts of mine, damn son my face turned from ^_^ to >:O

Anyways, that was a sad life of Otonashi indeed. Reminded me of Clannad Afterstory when *bleep* *bleep* oh and guess what? It happened during winter too, lol.
Jul 26, 2010 8:55 PM
Feb 2010
k0k0 said:
Hmm...I don't know what to think. The series is unexpected.
Also, disliked Otonashi's past. Well, it wasn't as dramatic as I expected it to be. That's....good too I guess?

Two Kanades now.

About Otonashi's past, keep watching. :)
Jul 27, 2010 6:39 PM

Apr 2010
I think this is the first episode I haven't liked as much/more than the episode that came before it. I thought they'd wait until the last few eps of the series to reveal Otonashi's past, and I thought his memories would be crucial to the SSS in some way...but after remembering his life he's just kind of over it in the second half of the episode. Oh well. Monster Stream was entertaining, and the episode ended interestingly.
Jul 29, 2010 1:24 PM

Mar 2008
nice twist - didn't expect a second angel.. which means there's actually only one angel now..
also didn't like this episode much i have to admitt.. :|
because
Oneironaut said:
I thought they'd wait until the last few eps of the series to reveal Otonashi's past, and I thought his memories would be crucial to the SSS in some way...but after remembering his life he's just kind of over it in the second half of the episode.

of this..
i kind of expected otonashi's past to be even more.. ya know, terrifying and horrible..
but on the other hand yuri's was already so messed up .. i guess it was ok ^^
Aug 7, 2010 10:02 AM

Apr 2010
Wow Naoi is really scary, he made Hinata realize the power of clothpins?! XD
I love those slight hints of BL in this series, it's so epic!

The fishing part is really...hm..
Oh and Otonashi's past is kinda sad, and dying like that.
Aug 17, 2010 7:58 PM

May 2010
1st half = drama
2nd half = comedy

"Crazy For You." TK you're still a WIN!!
Aug 26, 2010 9:31 AM

Dec 2009
The angel has always been cute. It's good to see her have friends. Too bad I have a feeling how the show will end.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Sep 20, 2010 1:54 AM

Sep 2007
Looks like the series is gonna get interesting again.

Nov 7, 2010 2:24 AM

Jan 2009
This ep felt a little disjointed but still nice to get some backstory.

Nov 8, 2010 5:44 AM

Apr 2010
Even with red eyes, Kanade’s still pretty moe too.
Ayato's clothespin hypnosis = Epic win. Finding out
about Otonashi’s story was more heart wrenching, it was tragic.
Nov 26, 2010 11:10 AM
Jul 2010
Kruxia said:
I really liked this episode, as per usual. Otonashi's past was not as sad as I thought it would be. I think Yuri's was the most horrible. Fishing scene was pretty funny. And clone or wtv Kanade?!! That was a nice cliffhanger.

Yeah, Yuri's past is indeed the worst. However, I liked a lot more the way they presented Otonashi's memories. It really invoked my emotions. I couldn't imagine an extremely sad past for him and while it was sad, it had some good things. His sister's death was horrible for him but also what made him define a goal in his life. He really cared for her and even though his actions were somewhat irresponsible, at least his sister saw what she wanted before she died. I don't think she would have lived much longer anyway.

furrydan2 said:
Hinata: "A clothespin...You pin it...you pin it and it doen't fall...The laundry doesn't get dirty! So beautiful! You can use it as a paperclip or just about anything else! I'm nothing compared to it!"

I agree. While I still hate Naoi, that scene was a whole lot of fun xD

The fishing scene... not so much. Yui is as annoying as always and why is there such a big fish that makes the sky turn gray and stormy? However, I like Kanade and her seeming lack of emotion more each episode.

The twist at the end was just... A red-eyed evil tenshi? Woo, can't wait for what's next.
Dec 15, 2010 4:34 PM

Jun 2009
I knew they would leave Naoi alive. After all, if there’s no God there’s no Christ. [Wait, if he’s God, why haven’t they killed him? Weren’t they against God or something?] And he’s going tothe other side and is now part of Otonashi’s Yuzuru’s harem; he even hypnotized Hinata with the clothespin-worshipping so he can have him for himself. How great.

I actually like Otonashi’s past; his memories were better introduced than all the others. I didn’t feel too touched, but it certainly grabbed me. So, to disappear, he would have to study and become a doctor, fulfilling that way his incomplete goal.

The fishing scene was lame. Seriously, it was only made to show Kanade “interacting” with the SSS; it doesn’t have any other meaning. If it was meant to have one, of course.
T.K.’s still my favorite character of the whole cast.

And… WTH?! Another Kanade-alike?! Is it possible she’s some kind of “parallel” to Kanade, and it’s really the “Angel”? That was sure a surprising plot twist. Just don’t make her be good at last and everyone’s happy again with a new friend.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Dec 20, 2010 9:18 PM

Nov 2010
i thought it was the end since there's singing and i think they've all become friends
haha
so stupid of me
of course they all need to vanish to make an end for the series.
looking forward to the next episode!
o.0
Dec 27, 2010 5:58 PM

Jan 2010
Loved the fishing scene
Jan 30, 2011 8:24 AM

Aug 2010
Otonashi's hair style was really stupid in his youth....
i guess Yuri is realy jealous of Kanade XD...
Feb 2, 2011 6:25 AM

Sep 2008
I liked Otonashi's past and the way his memories were introduced... It was forced by hypnosis, but still - we needed to find out sooner or later, and better sooner than later in a short series like this.

[I'm happy for Otonashi that he made it into university... and though this sounds mean... at least he didn't have to end up taking organic chemistry. <_<'' ]

I thought Tachibana's interacting with Otonashi and co. was quite... cute? I'd like to think that she's on their "side" now.

Another Angel, though?! Very surprising twist. She had red eyes... She's not Otonashi's little sister or anything, is she?! o_O
May 15, 2011 4:45 AM

Feb 2011
What a pity Takeyama-kun is...

So sweet Otonashi and Kanade. ^_^ Kanade chan looks so cute and moé when fishing..
May 30, 2011 11:54 PM

May 2011
giant fish anyone?
itadakimasu!
-ILoVelocAlSk8eRbOIs-
Jun 17, 2011 1:27 AM

May 2010
This episode was a step back for me... :/

Though Otonashi's memories were better than the rest of the cast, I still found myself rolling my eyes. I'm a big fan of Key's works, and I think with more episodes they could have done more.. it felt forced to me.

The next episode looks to be better. Hopefully.
Jun 25, 2011 2:56 PM

Aug 2010
MONSTER STREAM! lol this names are so catchy.

Otonashi's past was kinda sad and he was such a good person..shame he died without accomplishing anything.

Kanade was so moe this episode...CRAZY FOR YOU!
Jul 7, 2011 2:42 PM

Oct 2010
re-watching with dubs, and its seems good so far! ^^
Jul 12, 2011 8:14 AM

Feb 2011
Otonashi's sister reminds me of Ushio.
Jul 13, 2011 11:10 AM
Apr 2011
This episode really made me cry...
Otonashi's sister was so cute,when Otonashi brought for her whatever was in the store and even so she said Tank you and how she was surprised when she saw the magazine,at that moment i wanted to hug her so tight...made me cry
=[
It's amazing how ill people love the life,appreciate the life,and there are healthy people that don't really care...
Anyway this episode really touched me
Jul 17, 2011 5:32 AM
Apr 2010
i've enjoyed this episode the most so far.
Sep 23, 2011 8:01 PM

Nov 2009
ALL HAIL CLOTHES-PINS! Hahaha X'D omg his past is so sad! Im glad he didn't vanish though!!! i love the sub prez! hes cute ^^ and OMG that was a huge fish!!! and theres 2 Angels?! cool =D
Oct 25, 2011 6:01 AM

Feb 2009
As far as content go this was my favorite episode. The first half gave us an insight into Yuzuru's past which was really interesting. The second half is more of comedic-relief, but with great character development for Kanada. And TK was, once again, boss! I loved the whole monster parody with fishing!

And in the end, it seems things aren't quite good yet! Great cliffhanger.
Nov 4, 2011 5:23 PM

Oct 2008
man I just love how they let Naoi hang around with them like nothing happened hahahaha this show is the best. Although to be fair it was probably thanks to his overly sexy voice. Seriously, Megumi, I don't know what you're doing but it should be illegal.

And the way Yuri's just like yeah okay let's let this girl who we've been fighting against for ages come chill with us at the river. Why were they even fighting against her? Where did Yuri even get that from? Was it just because she was the student council president? This is some quality storytelling.
the Imaginary and the Real can never mingle.
Nov 4, 2011 9:53 PM
Nov 2011
They explained the Yuri-Kanade fighting thing, through little tid-bits, here and there mostly, when Yuri got there, a couple others came in eventually, Yuri and them formed the initial Battlefront, but they were just doing whatever they wanted, not really a fighting unit or whatever, Kanade convinced one or more(wasnt exactly clear on that part) to do the whole 'School' thing, and they disappeared, and the dis-appearing is what made Yuri think that Kanade was the one making them dis-appear, and being that they were already dead, Yuri assumed that meant she worked for God, her hatred for the life she had was transposed onto Kanade, turning her into Angel, the Battlefronts sole enemy in the Afterlife, and causing her to teach everyone who followed her to believe she was the enemy. Doubt you will read this forum again, but if you do, I hope this helps

Dec 4, 2011 11:33 AM
Nov 2011
Wow, this episode......Talk about a sinusoidal wave of emotions. I was prepared for something a bit sad with Otonoshi's background, but man, you could almost make a whole anime just on that it seemed.

More on Tenshi
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Dec 4, 2011 3:29 PM

Jul 2010
DNF said:
They don't stop with the mixture of everything per episode, don't they?

its good to have variety. cool gif btw.
DuroDeMatar said:
It´s was an excelent episode, TK is awesome as always! Kanade too :P

And here is TK´s dance of the week (Moonwalk):

wouldnt be suprising, but his experience reminds me a lot of Cl-

Dec 15, 2011 1:29 PM

Sep 2011
I'm loving TK and his English! It makes me lol XD
Dec 31, 2011 2:33 PM

Jun 2011
how can this show take me on such an emotional rollercoaster ride of tears and laughter in just 25 mins! >.<

geeze i screamed when i saw that other angel. WTF!?!?!??!
Jan 24, 2012 4:34 PM

Jun 2010
WHAT?!? Tachibana clone?! When did that happen? O_o
Feb 4, 2012 10:07 PM

Feb 2011
This show has had such an impact on me, that I'll really be sad once its finished. Few shows have been able to move me so deeply as AB has.

I actually cried when he was carrying his sister and talking about happy things, that was soul crushing.
Apr 27, 2012 2:46 AM

Apr 2009
There's no more enemies! Wrong!!! X_X Maybe the Angel (in the likeness of Tachibana) is a necessary evil or a function, the game/world system just spits out a new one when that post or role is vacated?
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
May 29, 2012 1:35 PM

Jan 2012
So Otonashi finally remembered. Also why are there two angels?

Jul 20, 2012 2:20 AM

Feb 2012
One has to wonder if the Japanese enjoyed TK's antics as much as us westerners...
Pages (11) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 25, 2010

1748 by Vapor_AU »»
Yesterday, 9:21 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 28, 2010

563 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 8:17 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Apr 30, 2010

608 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Yesterday, 3:43 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 21, 2010

387 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 6:39 AM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Apr 2, 2010

676 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Apr 16, 9:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.